The Obligatory YouTube Music Video Topic

Place of the offtopic, funny or interesting threads, discussions about history, politics, movies and other war games.

Moderator: von Schweinewitz

Radoye
Royal Navy Battlecruiser Sqn

Re: The Obligatory YouTube Music Video Topic

Post by Radoye » 2022-08-18 11:52, Thursday

The Cambodian Space Project - Have Visa, No Have Rice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1oG4x2Y_HE

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-08-18 13:23, Thursday

well timed as prepared my post.... marketing thing is, as I touched on subject of older history, important factor if you can exploit it skillfully, something we lack generally... as i said on example of "Branko's belt" if we could prove "scientifically" that one of the important nobles of empire indeed wore "Chinese dragon" on his dress, small marketing victory if you can make some story out of it... of course it would not bring us "worldwide fame" or similar in EAsia, but small victory in marketing campaign etc ...or if you can make good film about some fictional hero in Japan - medieval or maybe some agent king Milan sent to emperor Meiji ; - it doesn't have to be big worldwide, but maybe score some award in Tokyo festival, city which is bigger than whole SEEurope by population :)

to return to today times.... no matter political connotations and what weight currently, Yingluck is exploitable symbol. Once situation settles and we are "in - totally green" in Thailand, everything past and nobody really cares about her, we could wear shirts there with paroles like "Yingluck is Serbia" or "we had Yingluck - let's ...annex" :lol raising some laugh or interest etc. i really mean that seriously, regardles of actual wording and my (disgusting)) "wit"... small marketing and originality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN08sJQqCqo

no musical ideas anymore and i force it (although nice to watch) and finish.... two things to note - E Asia (incl. SEA) is much more important potentially to us, than vice-versa. Second, it is not only economy, economy is not all - we are good historical example nobody knows ; in late medieval period... Đurađ aka George was maybe among most powerful and "economically able men" of Europe, but it didn't save him nor state... in that sense, translated into modernity - it is not all about economic and political ties, we should position as lovers of E Asian people as well and that to transcend temp. econimic or political situation and try to make some more lasting things together... our limitation is really small population, not so much lack of good stories but shouldn't be eternal handicap for small marketing victories... but genrallz i'm not part of any establishment nor used this as marketing, just personal love and attraction ; see you.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-08-19 13:51, Friday

...but simply is so interesting subjects, great whole E/SE Asia and us... I collected many pictures of citizen Yingluck for interest and also for eventual "photo-fun/memes" to make... not sure i'll lunch them online it is often for personal fun and be sure if i do lunch some it will be all cultural and fun and more to laugh at us than other people ; In that sense cute photo of our Yingluck, photographed here as she was applying for Serbian citizenship at our office :) ...most seriously - and i finish about her - since it is interesting for our readers here is https://www.thaipbsworld.com/specter-of ... -thailand/ very fresh text in Thai press today about family, so if you wanna know more and how it's going, though out Yingluck is separate case... in any way, hope for good relations in the future and embassy level relations, we could (if financial aspect is in question) relocate our embassies from less important countries for us (like UK, US, AUS...) to SEA countries :yes ...we have dimplomatic relations, but it is currently run from Indonesia. You'll all understand that Japan is our oldest friend, China our best friend and Korea our lover currently, but we respect all of you down south... when it comes to humorous part, it is all fun, at least Thailand knows how to laugh ; ...did i tell we were allegedly first E capital (after Peterburg) with buddhist temple once etc....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9LRYN6ta8E

cute girl, isn't she... "sadly" (I like pure Asians) she is mixed origin, but unimportant... talking about Indonesia (as said country which is our "base" in region) I learnt some time ago that in Malay/Indonesian language word "serba" means (in various uses and added to other words) something like "everything, completely, all, whole" so interesting to add to various theories about (probably Asian) origin of our tribe name, beside already known "sip, slurp, suck" and "guard, protect etc". "Tribe of everything" or "complete tribe" maybe :) ... was a great summer subject, great pleasure - hope i did not offend anyone and you liked my coments - I have plenty of room on my chest for medals from any of you for promotion :) do join, i like ;

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-08-19 14:06, Friday

Completed CCs: 1x4, 2x5, 3x3, 4, 5x3, 6, 7x2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17x2, 18x3, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56x3, 57, 58, 59, 60x3, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67x2, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72x2, 73, 74, 75x2, 76x5, MTC I
Completed CCCs: #8

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-08-20 13:10, Saturday

since I touched that scientific subject and something i know about - lets add that they also pronounce word "serba" "serbia" same way as we do i.e. "s'rba" "s'rbia" etc. Very nice. There are many dialects and regional variations in such big populations of Indonesian, let alone all Malay variants, but i think I'm correct about this at least for Indonesia partly.... anyway, must add that old-Malay was influenced by Sanskrit i.e. some more "western" dialects so it is more likely that (maybe, can't say for sure) that word is maybe accepted from there and it doesn't make origin of the tribe Austronesian :) more likely still Iranic or from some plateu, including Himalayan... so my joke about us i.e. medieval elite being related to Yetis, is in place :) interesting subject nonetheless, great priviledge that we kept that glorious name with us, though today we developed differently linguistically and partly genetically... but, hey, that "tallness" of males stayed as cute detail... always cute when SE Asians say "s'rba" :yes ....king Milan - totally unaware or maybe not ; - was in part "scientific visionary" when making some ties with Japan, Kalakaua etc :) Japanese language, if i may so not being expert, have some "dynamics" and "melodic similarities" with Indonesian indeed, some theorise about relations as well, but i don't know - but it is important to note that also Japanese today are more closer to Chinese and Koreans...

as last thoughts ; I think people (and political elites) from those regions are very loyal and honorable at some old signs of friendship and remember them more than "us in the west".... If China doesn't mind :) one more turn to Japan in that sense - they considered "visa-free" for us in same time as EU and implemented it not much later... think (too lazy and unimportant) S Korea did it even before etc. Of course we are small in their eyes and they are able to secure 3-4 wives to every Serbian (around 3 mils)) without problem... but also we showed some "sign of friendship" by giving visa-free to for us much "riskier" China, Indonesia etc than we are for them ) ...that's because we hope all their girls will defect to us :)

https://youtu.be/rfqHz4gXlFI?list=PL0X- ... A01ExBOS3r

since i posted only English song by Thai girl, here's how that language sounds (not completely Malay, Siamese) in some "folk" version... not really my style but for presentation. Girl is wearing contact lenses :) must recognize to Thais that they kept some level of "political awareness" and keep politicans under check - for example last powerful political figure "we" forced to abdicate and to break under parliament will was that many mentioned king Milan in late XIX c :lol ...since then there was some/many "abdications" by bullets though ;) but generally thin unlike Thais... respect, we will be super friends with big emabssies :yes i finish, but think was interesting and useful for knowledge-lovers from Asia and here...

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-08-21 19:41, Sunday

visited Thai consulate place as well and sadly, for 3 years not a single text of diplomatic activity here. And before that in 2019-18 etc. plenty of nice texts including students activity, culinary nights and diplomatic SEA activity in Thai house in Belgrade were present. It is year when our Yingluck (2019) gained citizenship, so do not pretend that it did not leave some consequence ;) our Yingluck - not to keep people under suspension - and her govt is, btw, one which recognized and established embassy level relations with Kosovo :lol Great enigma and affiar i gladly look into, and why buddhist Thailand of all places so active on that issue ;) ... anyway, think it will be start of great friendship, while i do not know depth of our "gesture" and citizenship gift yet :) ...must conclude this as it is super interesting but not something super conspiratory (money, money, money) while our Yingluck is cute and i take her to dinner anytime, while Thai people "my poison"... it is all because politics is led by clans and neo-feudal cliques, not really people anywhere so do not worry and even less fall into "unfriendly" mantras ; if I learn more, will gladly inform our and Thai friends...

total change of subject - by official "metrics" and data and sites it is said that our oldest non-European relations (as kingdom) were (although not necessarily with embassies and consulates) were in that order: US, Japan (king Milan) then Cuba 1902, Nicaragua and Honduras. Interesting list but unimportant and without any meaning really (Hawaii would be in top 5 as well but only existing countries on our official list) and homage to old romantic days when Europe (for example) had only some 15 states ; Japan important, right after US :) ...again one summarization, people diplomacy above clans and elites, hopefully we... annex ... btw, by sources, if you like history and details our oldest modern diplomatic relation was with the UK (1837) while still were non-sovereign state ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPeBsfCzLA0

i stopped watching some 10+ years ago, but cried watching this :) last act of our legend, give him citizenship already and all orders of colorful eagles, takovo (it is place where Serbia started second, successfull uprising - sounds Japanese)) star and all medals you have :yes think some people (like I did) would like to see this video here although not music per se so sorry in that sense to our Asian fans... have fun, music next time. (love China and Korea, we are working for him to be next J PM)) join, lets talk something if you wish...

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-08-22 09:30, Monday

Completed CCs: 1x4, 2x5, 3x3, 4, 5x3, 6, 7x2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17x2, 18x3, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56x3, 57, 58, 59, 60x3, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67x2, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72x2, 73, 74, 75x2, 76x5, MTC I

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-08-22 22:44, Monday

...but then again and on the other hand as I myself mentioned, to satirically look at our history... myself talking about SE Asian people having "good memory and remember all" - who really knows what our ancestors S'rbas did to Thais, maybe some nasty things they can't forget when we were those "Sanskrit tribe" some millenia BC ; We were, most likely zoroastrian then, they buddhist so maybe some tension... my apology if you still remember :) ...always for good historical joke myself so hope you like my take on our old relations, but today Thailand is so cute and important to us, as it is country with most Chinese (old origin or migration) outside China, and everybody knows how we feel about them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPu6gsY9GAk

must be some heaven :) when I die I want so many cuties to "guslaju" to me eternally :) Even better, maybe before I die... dear E & SE Asians again - my probably last post in series - we don't even know who we are and where we came from BUT best part is that we have no idea where are we going :) (except Uranus) So, i love you, don't believe everything you think you know, or what is quasi our old history... even that "gusle" (erhu) are with us maybe because we brought them from Asia, let alone many other things... closer to modern history, we were always part of some lodges and orders, used Venetians, Mongols, Brits, Russians for our goals :) ...more close to modern times maybe even part of the US/Brit ideas, even during king Peter who did not change our attitude of "looking what US and UK are doing", maybe following "banana-diplomacy", maybe some wrong things even towards E Asians... can you forgive? :) (instantly remember our decoration and many approaches to queen Victoria, we did not know then, she led a cartel similar to el Chapo or Escobar, sorry)) ...when people living close to each other dislike eachother it is "business as usual" (as is old C proverb) but worst thing is that people so far to have some negativism and argue needlessly and even to want to punch eachother diplomatically, most seriously. We do not follow big powers, they follow us as we were usually first to get beaten by all :) But not anymore, now it is time for us to love you, finally we found true love... sorry for all the jokes, all the talks (very interested in far-Asian themes, so i even played J game around which started whole this series of TBS by SSI) it was all to make you feel nice and relax... before annexation :) I mean really, learn from us and Japan, such love story we are spectacular to the whole world ).... can't really join sites with many EAsians (i'm so shy) but this place is as good as any and open invitation, really wanted to make it fun, pub is "weak" anyway and E Asia is great subject - esp. when it comes from member of a tribe like mine, friendly to all and almost domestic species :) ...must stop now, be greeted mi Thai :yes you know old joke: what is tsunami? yea, mi nami is... :) ...love you and over for surely some time.

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-08-25 13:08, Thursday

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-08-31 06:41, Wednesday

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-08-31 12:36, Wednesday

let's add another post here... it is so easy to joke with others but there must be ability to satirize your side as well. (and criticize if subject is important as well) So regarding Thailand (country i like and future great friend) not people to think that I can't do it to us, actually i did it already...

i'm person "without hair on tongue" as we say and like good laugh... My main reason to add another post is actually political as in recent days we are in some "scandal" about "gay-parade" (lesbian as well ; ) and even US SoS Blinken allegedly "reacted" :) (by some news, unimportant) ...don't find such issues as of crucial importance to the world and country, esp. not in situation and place where economic and social indicators are "not so perfect" etc etc

but look, mi Thai - let's have some laugh about us. Our PM is Lgbt - lesbian or "trans-man" even (that's why world and we is circus) and further in history some of our political (like one influential army general close to king Aleksandar of Serbia/later Yugosarmatia) figures were gay. Also there is story that older prince of king Peter the Important was in gay relation with some our famous scientist and almost president of Academy of science (unconfirmed so it is quasi-story without detail) and that some other relatives from brother line of great king Petar were gay-bi, living abroad... if we go deeper in XIX probably yes, even deeper in the middle ages - who knows I joked before about our second and last emperor in XIV c :) (but that's just joke, our second emperor was maybe "strongest of them all" as father...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOg-GeKF_oc

not my style of music, but just for thread... btw, I dislike idea of selling body personally, dislike idea of equalising some country with some subculture & that to be "GDP rising thing" personally etc etc... so I added this to laugh a bit at us. If you join us, PG2/OG has Thai campaign but not Serbian one :) ...as I joked sexually, who knows what some might think and now a bit about us historically :) will be great frindship with Thailand :yes sorry again, would like you here as well and more EAsians ; ...as for other readers, i'm done with new inputs for longer, but you know dif culture, people not to take me wrong...

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2022-08-31 13:18, Wednesday

Radoye wrote:
2022-08-18 11:52, Thursday
The Cambodian Space Project - Have Visa, No Have Rice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1oG4x2Y_HE
I think of the children of Angola given no fresh water but sold Coca-Cola.
https://www.prisonradio.org/commentary/schools/

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-09-07 13:16, Wednesday

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2022-09-11 20:47, Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFgFRcMIisg
Russian Blood - The longing (released in 2018)

No kidding!
Russian Blood from Sintra, Portugal.

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-09-28 08:58, Wednesday

:drunk Palinka for everyone!
ALESTORM - Magyarország

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2022-09-29 09:41, Thursday

Parabellum wrote:
2022-09-28 08:58, Wednesday
:drunk Palinka for everyone!
ALESTORM - Magyarország
More pálinka!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHRmtF59hA4
Mão Morta - Nas Noites de Budapeste

Reads "In the Nights of Budapest"
"are no nights of sleep"

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-09-29 11:24, Thursday

Bombast the Blue wrote:
2022-09-29 09:41, Thursday
More pálinka!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHRmtF59hA4
Mão Morta - Nas Noites de Budapeste

Reads "In the Nights of Budapest"
"are no nights of sleep"
How old is this video? It looks like from a VHS tape :lol

MOONSPELL - Apophthegmata (Live 80 Meters Deep)
About 'Apophthegmata' Fernando Ribeiro reports: "'Apophthegmata' is a Greek word that defines a collection of texts, a book with extremely important lessons and revelations of the desert fathers, the kings of the hermits. They stood in the darkness to find enlightenment themselves and often brought their conclusions of peace and wisdom to their restless and suffering communities. Enjoy the light in the darkness, be good to yourself so you can be good to others."
Source: Rock Hard Germany Online https://www.rockhard.de/artikel/moonspe ... 98619.html
and translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2022-09-30 08:23, Friday

Parabellum wrote:
2022-09-29 11:24, Thursday
How old is this video? It looks like from a VHS tape :lol

MOONSPELL - Apophthegmata (Live 80 Meters Deep)
It must be from the early nineties taped from our Channel 2, which is since long our state run alternative TV channel.
Cultural content, less popular sports, less seen movies, oldies and / or from "divergent" cinematographies, and the ones who revived teleschool during the lockdowns.
No wonder from time to time there is talk about closing it but so far it is still going.
Budapest is actually the biggest Mão Morta hit, closest to a hit at least, so there are of course better quality registers but I went for this one for the "story".

And now for something very old in terms of origin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF5cnu4JpN4

Radoye

Post by Radoye » 2022-10-03 11:18, Monday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1FaCtorjzY - PANIKS - now defunct band from the extreme north of Serbia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zvXi74_Li4 - Todorrica - something more current from the same people involved in the above

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2022-10-03 19:45, Monday

Around here The Walking Dead's last season cranks up... again... the zombie series already got a zombie itself, so Camille Sait-Saëns's Danse Macabre:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNMzBnuBC6Y

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-10-18 16:19, Tuesday

like it, party-like and fun :) ....guess i like that "pirate music" and this game made extra effort in composing :yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpuO-PxWATI

don't own it, found tune in some game news site... sadly not my style as it is not turn-based but like art-style and see that developers are making some simplistic TBS as well :yes (if alive to then) ... nice song, do look at it if you into some mood rising :) ...sha la la la lie, die demons die la la... have fun.

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-10-21 11:22, Friday

Kanonenfieber - Stop The War

Code: Select all

Torn from a peaceful dream
By sirens and explosions
Soldiers marching through the streets
The words of war have been spoken

A country faints away
A curtain made from fear
You can’t flee, you have to stay
Friends and family disappear

Haven‘t we learned anything?
Haven’t we learned from the past?

Over and over and over again
Killing for territorial claims
People in loss suffering and pain
People are ruled by the insane
This time the victim is Ukraine

And children are crying
For their fathers to come
Meanwhile they are dying
At the battlefront

We see young men die
And hear leaders speak
I hope for the time
Nie wieder Krieg

Nie wieder Krieg
Nie wieder Krieg
Nie wieder Krieg
Nie wieder Krieg
Nie wieder Krieg
Nie wieder Krieg
Nie wieder Krieg

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-10-26 07:32, Wednesday

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-11-01 06:01, Tuesday

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-11-03 09:57, Thursday

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-11-09 17:39, Wednesday

BAP - Kristallnacht (Kristallnaach)

Always topical lyrics, unfortunately sung in Cologne dialect, so not everyone understands it and translation into English is difficult.

Every now and then I think there's a clangour
Something's gone astray inside of me
A noise, a very faint one
Sometimes it has this familiar clang
I can't usually identify right away
You wake up, rub your eyes and see
In a picture that's somewhere in between Brueghel and Bosch
People who don't care about the sirens
Because an "all-clear" is just around the corner
Smells like Kristallnacht1

In the calm before the storm - what is this?
People leaving town on the quiet
Dignitaries undercover
Are rushing past
They don't like to be seen being a part of it
When public opinion - always ready to go
With its anger reaching its boiling point, screaming
"Heil - death halloo", riled up beyond any limit
Crying for vengeance, trembling with envy
During Kristallnacht

But those who feel disturbed by anything that's "different"
Swimming with the tide, the way they're supposed to
Those to whom gays are criminals
To whom foreigners are scum
They need someone to mislead them
When that happens, no cavalry's there to save the day
No Zorro's there to care
He's just pissing a "Z" into the snow
Babbling, falling, drunk with coolness
"So what? - Kristallnacht!"

In the church with the Franz Kafka clock
Without hands, only hour marks
A blind is reading
'Shockheaded Peter' to a deaf
Behind a triply locked door
And the guard with the key chain
Considers himself some kind of genius
Because he's grinding back doors into powder
And sells it as a cure for claustrophobia
During Kristallnacht

All the while, at the market square perhaps
Unmasked, wearing their true face tonight
Collecting stones and sharpening their knives
For those who have already been ratted out
The lynch mob is practicing for Judgment Day
Only provisionally moored for loading
- The galleys under pressure already -
They're waiting for slaves down at the harbour
For the rubble from that uneven fight
During Kristallnacht

Where Darwin is an excuse for everything
Whether it's displacement or torture of people
Where money is the root of power
Where being strong is all that counts
Disfigured by cowering and standing to attention
Where they're playing hymns on a comb even
In their barbaric hunger for profit
From cheers to jeers
Whenever there's something to gain
They have their daily Kristallnacht
https://lyricstranslate.com

I have a feeling, a sense malign,
something seems to slip my mind,
a sound barely heard,
at times familiar, absurd,
Seldom seen, even then it disturbs
You would wake, rub your eyes and behold,
on a canvas between Brueghel and Bosch
Who’s going to pay for an alarm,
when a threat is only half of the cost?
It smells like Kristallnacht

In the calm before the storm, what’s goes down?
Stealthily leaving the town,
incognito, the big shots hurrying on,
can’t be seen to be a part of that throng
When the soul of the tribe, on the rise,
boils with anger, flares up and cries:
"Heil - Halali" with unbounded rage,
calling for vengeance on those they despise
In the Kristallnacht

But for those upset by anything new,
they go with the flow, as they always do
for the gays are dissidents,
and immigrants a pestilence,
need someone to sweep them away
And the cavalry is not going to show,
no Zorro to give a hot damn
at most, he’d piss a ‘Z’ in the snow,
staggering, indifferent, his legend a sham:
“So what? Kristallnacht!”

In the church with the Kafkaesque clock,
missing hands just marks on the dial,
a blind man reads kids tales to a deaf man,
there, behind a triple-locked door
And the guard holding the key-chain,
he styles himself some kind of a djinn,
he makes a powder from the gateway,
hawking as a cure for the locked-in
In the Kristallnacht

Meanwhile, in the marketplace, perhaps,
unmasked, showing their true colors today,
collects stones, sharpening blades,
against those now betrayed,
the lynch-mob rehearses for Judgement Day
Moored briefly, preparing to load,
galleys stand ready to sail,
in the harbour waiting on slaves,
on the trash from the one-sided fray
From the Kristallnacht

There, quoting Darwin, excuses they invent,
whenever people they expel or torment,
there, where money pulls strings,
where the strong are the world’s kings
Bowed under, standing meekly nearby,
left singing hymns to themselves, while
with a barbaric craving for profit,
“Hosanna” and "Crucify him!" cry,
anywhere there’s gain in it
Every day, Kristallnacht.
Only Kristallnacht
https://lyricstranslate.com

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-11-09 21:52, Wednesday

wanted to add another "conclusion" in own thread but since Para put this on menu, good as any.... sometimes I visit forum and it says like "50-60 visitors in past 5 minutes" - so i add, we don't need only visitors but some traffic, owners also maybe "dinar, two" (dollar two) as we say for maintaining it. Not so much into digital wars lately... So do join - for them, the owners - if you are already looking, if you just looking nothing to see here, not circus - as for me, generally would be great to find Thai history lover/knower but also interesting forum person, Japanese, Chinese so all my tries and we to look at some things, something constructive.

really have no music today nor soon, but small promo video... personally looked a lot at various things related, including clips and reports from "merry monarch" fest and similar lately and made some reach there. so video without any special music, more "reklama" from their side aimed at us, old pals :) ... and of course, people and state which reached us (great per se) 140 years ago, we just reciprocited kindly, it is so cute. One of the oldest outside of Europe and 2nd/3rd non-continental we had diplomacy with once. Place of absolute welcome for us and, with some historical luck could have been one where out language could have been even "official", at least spoken... great story. There are much better vids to look at their acts of course but i've chosen this unprepared for music; ...hopefully (if we are to copy Japanese for once not some others) once in "Sava center" or "Arena" :) great Serbia indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMD1hYuAL40

make us proud culture workers ; ...fast facts about Hawaii today - only US state where Asians are majority (Japanese origin also) so our people :) ...one of the bigger GDPs but one of smaller. And only one (outside Washington) with our medals 150 years old on state-to-state level, such rarity makes us Cook(ed) heroes almost. enough for closer relations, not Ohio we were forced to take as "best pal" in there :) and should have been done after 2000s, but never too late... if you are active on some online things, give them "like" and act like old friend, knowing all like old cylinder wearing diplomat ;

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-11-25 08:33, Friday

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2022-12-13 13:18, Tuesday

Angelo Badalamenti 1937-2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCh6jhpIiws
Twin Peaks soundtrack

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2022-12-15 15:05, Thursday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3iQBFf7td8
Focus live at Kun For Forrykte Festival 04/06/2022 (Denmark)

Still featuring two founders:
Drummer Pierre van der Linden, age 76.
Keyboardist, Flutist, Singer Thijs van Leer, age 74.
And two youngsters:
Guitarist Menno Gootjes.
Bassist Udo Pannekeet.

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-12-18 12:25, Sunday

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-12-21 07:26, Wednesday

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-12-29 12:45, Thursday

Radoye

Post by Radoye » 2022-12-31 17:01, Saturday

Happy New Year ladies and gents! :banana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ55dePNYMs

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-01-12 07:45, Thursday

:rip Geoffrey Arnold Beck (24 June 1944 – 10 January 2023) :rip
A highly revered musician who mastered the balancing act between many musical styles.
Jeff Beck - Bolero

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2023-01-12 16:16, Thursday

Parabellum wrote:
2023-01-12 07:45, Thursday
:rip Geoffrey Arnold Beck (24 June 1944 – 10 January 2023) :rip
A highly revered musician who mastered the balancing act between many musical styles.
Jeff Beck - Bolero
https://www.google.com/search?client=av ... V9bnaqqfq8

Why Jeff Beck is uncopyable by Rick Beato

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-01-20 09:14, Friday

The old guard continues to thin out ... :rip David Crosby (1941 - 2023), co-founder of the Byrds and CSN(Y).
The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man (1965)
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Wembley Stadium, London, 1974

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2023-01-24 17:03, Tuesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryrEPzsx1gQ

The Tornados - Telstar (1962)

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-02-02 09:23, Thursday

Bombast the Blue wrote:
2023-01-24 17:03, Tuesday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryrEPzsx1gQ

The Tornados - Telstar (1962)
A forgotten musical pearl. Thank you for finding it and bringing it to my memory :yes .

RUSSKAJA - No Borders

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2023-02-02 12:43, Thursday

Parabellum wrote:
2023-02-02 09:23, Thursday
RUSSKAJA - No Borders
Great message there!
Unfortunately many over there let themselves believe in what is the opposite kind of message.
So, here's great reading for those who may want to go beyond just wondering why...
And reach a better understanding of what Europe (for starters) is really facing...
https://ccl.org.ua/en/news/ria-novosti- ... ukraine-2/

Back to Telstar:
I actually found it while searching for surf guitar hits.
Like Misirlou here in various versions.

The original Misirlou
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW6qGy3RtwY

Surf/movies version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hLIXrlpRe8

Sort of modern/fusion version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZjpaVuyCiY

Dimitris GR
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Dimitris GR » 2023-02-02 23:23, Thursday

From greek wiki, you can search off course other links:

"Μισιρλού

Μισιρλού, που σημαίνει Αιγύπτια (από την τουρκική λέξη "Mısırlı"; που παράγεται από το αραβικό مصر, Miṣr, "Αίγυπτος" και σημαίνει "Αιγύπτιος/Αιγύπτια") είναι ο τίτλος ενός ελληνικού ρεμπέτικου τραγουδιού, που είναι σήμερα πολύ δημοφιλές σε τέσσερα εντελώς διαφορετικά είδη μουσικής: στο ρεμπέτικο, στη λαϊκή μουσική της Μέσης Ανατολής, στην εβραϊκή μουσική που παίζεται σε γάμους και γιορτές (Κλεζμέρ), και στο surf rock.

Το τραγούδι πρωτοπαίχτηκε από τη ρεμπέτικη ορχήστρα του Μιχάλη Πατρινού στην Αθήνα, το 1927. Όπως συνέβαινε και με σχεδόν όλα τα πρώιμα ρεμπέτικα τραγούδια, ο αυθεντικός συνθέτης του τραγουδιού έμεινε άγνωστος, και η σύνθεση κατοχυρώθηκε στον αρχηγό της κομπανίας. Η μελωδία κατά πάσα πιθανότητα συντέθηκε συλλογικά από τους μουσικούς, όπως συνέβαινε συχνά εκείνη την εποχή, ενώ οι στίχοι ήταν σχεδόν σίγουρα του Πατρινού. Στην αρχική έκδοση του τραγουδιού, το όνομα της κοπέλας του τίτλου προφερόταν από τον Πατρινό "Μουσουρλού", με βαριά Σμυρναΐικη προφορά.

Το τραγούδι αρχικά γράφτηκε σαν ζεϊμπέκικο, σε πιο αργό ρυθμό και διαφορετικό τόνο απ' τη σημερινή "οριεντάλ" έκδοση χάρη στην οποία έχει γίνει γνωστό. Έτσι ακούγεται στην πρώτη γνωστή ηχογράφηση, που έκανε ο Πατρινός στην Ελλάδα γύρω στο 1930· μια δεύτερη ηχογράφηση έγινε απ' τον ίδιο στη Νέα Υόρκη, το 1931.

Το 1941 ο Νικ Ρουμπάνης, ένας ελληνοαμερικάνος δάσκαλος της μουσικής, κυκλοφόρησε μια ορχηστρική τζαζ εκτέλεση του τραγουδιού, αναφέροντας τον εαυτό του σαν συνθέτη. Μια και ο ισχυρισμός του αυτός ποτέ δεν αμφισβητήθηκε, θεωρείται ακόμα και σήμερα σαν ο συνθέτης του κομματιού. Οι S. Russell, N. Wise και M. Leeds αργότερα έγραψαν αγγλικούς στίχους για το τραγούδι. Ο Ρουμπάνης άλλαξε επίσης τον τόνο και τη μελωδία, δίνοντας στο τραγούδι τον ανατολίτικο ήχο με τον οποίο είναι γνωστό σήμερα.

Το τραγούδι διασκευάστηκε από τον surf κιθαρίστα Ντικ Ντέιλ (deck Dale) στη δεκαετία του '60, όταν κάποιος απ' το κοινό του τον ρώτησε αν μπορούσε να παίξει ένα ολόκληρο τραγούδι πάνω σε μια μόνο χορδή της κιθάρας. Η εκτέλεση του Ντέιλ ήταν αυτή που έκανε γνωστό το τραγούδι στις Ηνωμένες Πολιτείες. Ο Ντέιλ είχε Λιβανέζικες ρίζες και συχνά ανέφερε την επιρροή της Αρμένικης μουσικής στο κιθαριστικό του στυλ, κι έτσι πολλοί πίστεψαν κατά καιρούς ότι το τραγούδι ήταν Αρμένικο ή Λιβανέζικο. Η ανατολίτικη βερσιόν του τραγουδιού υπήρξε επί χρόνια πολύ δημοφιλής στη Μέση Ανατολή, κι έτσι αρκετοί από αυτή την περιοχή πιστεύουν ότι είναι παραδοσιακό τραγούδι της χώρας τους.

Το 1963, οι Beach Boys στο άλμπουμ τους Surfin' USA παρουσίασαν μια εκτέλεση του τραγουδιού παρόμοια με αυτή του Ντέιλ, κάνοντας έτσι τη Μισιρλού ένα κομμάτι της surf παράδοσης αλλά και της Αμερικάνικης ποπ κουλτούρας. Μέχρι σήμερα έχουν εμφανιστεί εκατοντάδες επανεκτελέσεις, από καλλιτέχνες όλων των ειδών.

Το 1994 η Μισιρλού -στη βερσιόν του Ντέιλ- έγινε ξανά επιτυχία, καθώς ακουγόταν στο σάουντρακ της ταινίας Pulp Fiction. Το 2004, το τραγούδι επιλέχτηκε από την οργανωτική επιτροπή των Ολυμπιακών Αγώνων της Αθήνας σαν ένα από τα πιο γνωστά ελληνικά τραγούδια όλων των εποχών, και ακούστηκε στην τελετή λήξης των αγώνων από την Άννα Βίσση. Τελευταία, το 2006, η εκτέλεση του Ντέιλ ξανάγινε δημοφιλής, καθώς αποτέλεσε τη βάση για το single των Black Eyed Peas Pump It.

Στην Ελλάδα, τη Μισιρλού έχουν τραγουδήσει αρκετοί καλλιτέχνες, ανάμεσα στους οποίος η Σοφία Βέμπο και ο Νίκος Γούναρης. Οι Last Drive έκαναν μια ορχηστρική surf διασκευή στο κομμάτι στο πρώτο τους άλμπουμ Underworld Shakedown το 1986. Αργότερα άλλη μια γκαράζ μπάντα, οι Sound Explosion παρουσίασαν τη δική της εκδοχή, σε πιο αργό τέμπο και πιο κοντά στην αυθεντική εκτέλεση, με τίτλο Misirlou the Greek. Το 2017 μία ακόμη ελληνική μπάντα, οι Blandras, κυκλοφορούν την δικιά τους διασκευή του κομματιού σε μία πιο psychedelic rock εκτέλεση, στο πρώτο τους άλμπουμ με τίτλο Purple Sun[1].
Στίχοι

Μισιρλού μου, η γλυκιά σου η ματιά
Φλόγα μου 'χει ανάψει μες στην καρδιά.
Αχ, για χαμπίμπι, αχ, για λε-λέλι, αχ,
Τα δυο σου χείλη στάζουνε μέλι, αχ.

Αχ, Μισιρλού, μαγική, ξωτική ομορφιά.
Τρέλα θα μου 'ρθει, δεν υποφέρω πια.
Αχ, θα σε κλέψω μέσ' απ' την Αραπιά.

Μαυρομάτα Μισιρλού μου τρελή,
Η ζωή μου αλλάζει μ' ένα φιλί.
Αχ, για χαμπίμπι ενα φιλάκι, άχ
Απ' το γλυκό σου το στοματάκι, αχ."

Is a love song, simple words, in greek language with some arabian words.

Love has no borders, no nations, no limits.

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2023-02-03 10:41, Friday

A linguistic / gastronomical curiosity for Dimitris from Corinth:
"Corinto" is the Portuguese form of the city's name.
But "corinto" or more often the plural form "corintos" also designates a variety of small grapes frequently used to make raisins.
In this article they are even called "corintos gregos" (Greek corinths):
https://www.manueltavares.com/pt/loja-o ... gos-passas
Personally, I relish them in "Mediterranean rice" recipes...

Und jetzt ein spezial für die Deutsche... ein Knaller aus der Vergangenheit...

Soundtrack von Raumpatrouille Orion:
Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEN4NZ7dlPY
Suite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsInV9FcL_8
Full
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yMU-vo-BKc

Dimitris GR
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Dimitris GR » 2023-02-04 17:41, Saturday

Sorry for off topic

raisins are dry grapes generally.
But Corinthian raisin is also a variety of grapes (that they taste great as grapes also)
So maybe raisins (generally and from other grapes, not only Corinthian) take that name from the Corinthian grapes (very very old variety)

(if you don't understand, is not your fault, is my bad English :) )

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2023-02-04 22:22, Saturday

Dimitris GR wrote:
2023-02-04 17:41, Saturday
Sorry for off topic

raisins are dry grapes generally.
But Corinthian raisin is also a variety of grapes (that they taste great as grapes also)
So maybe raisins (generally and from other grapes, not only Corinthian) take that name from the Corinthian grapes (very very old variety)

(if you don't understand, is not your fault, is my bad English :) )
Right!
Here we call "corinto" to both the variety of small and sweet grapes and the raisins of that variety.
But they appear much more in the dried form than as wine or fresh fruit.
Usually we call "sultanas" (female sultans) to the lighter varieties of dried grapes.
And "passas" is the general name for dried fruit.
Besides "passas de uva" (dried grapes) it's common to see here "passas de figo" (dried figs).

Inescapable ingredients at the Sultan's Picnic...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNVYfnSViqU

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-02-07 08:39, Tuesday

Bombast the Blue wrote:
2023-02-02 12:43, Thursday
Parabellum wrote:
2023-02-02 09:23, Thursday
RUSSKAJA - No Borders
Great message there!
Unfortunately many over there let themselves believe in what is the opposite kind of message.
RUSSKAJA - Disbandment announced

RUSSKAJA announced their breakup on February 3. The reason is the band's Soviet theme, which is not compatible with Russia's warfare against Ukraine, according to the band members.

RUSSKAJA posted a graphic on Facebook with the words "The End Of RUSSKAJA" and commented with a detailed explanation of why they are now breaking up and how this is related to the war in Ukraine:

"Hello dear fans & friends,

the band RUSSKAJA has decided to disband. This is the saddest day of the band history after 18 years, but the furious war in Ukraine that Russia started on February 24, 2022 makes it impossible for us to continue with an image & style that satirically uses the Soviet theme and language. This band is called RUSSKAJA (translated: "Russian") and is based on these musical and lyrical attributes, founded by the singer of the band - Georgij, who was born in Moscow and came to Austria more than 30 years ago.

What was funny satire in music before February 24, 2022, is now just tragic with a very bitter aftertaste and the band members can't go on stage without feeling this tragedy in every note and word. Every line of lyrics has taken on a completely different meaning by now and no one in this band wants to represent something that is exclusively associated with war, death, crime and bloodshed in times like these.

The time has come to stop. We have made anti-war and peace statements. At every concert the first sung lyric was "Hey Moscow - let's stop this fucking war!". We have publicly positioned ourselves for peace & cohesion as often as possible. But we feel that it's not enough and it's not going to change anytime soon. We see that this war won't stop anytime soon and even if it does, the Soviet image is forever damaged and taboo.

RUSSKAJA has also become a target on the internet, every day shitstorms and with every single release a flood of hate comments. Lines of lyrics are misinterpreted and portrayed as pro-Russian. The band is portrayed as Russian terrorists although we are the exact opposite and with our multicultural background with members from Ukraine, Italy, Germany & Austria we stand for peace, diversity & cohesion to the maximum. On top of that, we are now also concerned about the safety of our crew and everyone else involved and we don't want to risk something bad & violent happening while we are on tour and playing shows.

For us RUSSKAJA was not only a band but also our existence. This decision is infinitely sad for us but after everything that has happened since February 24, 2022, we unfortunately see no other option.

We hope all our fans, promoters and partners can understand the hell we are going through as we bury our own baby after all these years. As a farewell gift we leave you our new album TURBO POLKA PARTY.

Peace

RUSSKAYA"

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Original text from Rock Hard Online Germany https://www.rockhard.de/artikel/russkaj ... 10280.html

RUSSKAJA - Paschli
RUSSKAJA - Shapka

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2023-02-07 14:07, Tuesday

Parabellum wrote:
2023-02-07 08:39, Tuesday
RUSSKAJA - Disbandment announced
Peace
RUSSKAYA"
Stupid as the phrase is, this is not a normal war.
Not in the sense that there is a single material object at stake.
Something readily identifiable like land, resources, populations.
Not that all of that is absent from the equation but there is more than that into it.
The first sign of that is that the invader does not even recognize the thing as a war.
And at the very essential core it is really a fight for survival as they say it is.
Albeit really survival of the regime not the country or the people.
The latter two are actually being put at risk and coldly expended to defend the rulers.

So, it does not surprise me to see casualties appearing in seemingly remote contexts.
Do not know much about RUSSKAJA.
From these bits of info it seems they are right at the perfect spot to be crushed.
From one side some may easily take wrong conclusions about their message even before they listen to it.
From the other side some of those who really get it will like them much less even and will be much more dangerous to them.

Much like the other war many years ago this one includes a strong "cultural module".
That is why, regardless of eventual "resolutions" in Ukraine, this thing will go on until one side submits the other one.
In a very bad way, like in that other war... or maybe just in a bad way like in the long period that followed that war.
Anyway, either the beauty sleep Europe was in since 90 ends or it may die in it's sleep...

And know the other sad issue of the day.
For Turkie and Syria...
Instrumental Music of Anatolia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFeFxbt ... -LetSjJDqE

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-02-07 15:34, Tuesday

@Bombast the Blue: :good on the subject "Russkaja"
Bombast the Blue wrote:
2023-02-07 14:07, Tuesday
And know the other sad issue of the day.
For Turkie and Syria...
Instrumental Music of Anatolia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFeFxbt ... -LetSjJDqE
Yes, this is another sad issue. In view of the many victims, it is difficult to draw musical parallels and not be impious.
Electric Sun ‎– Earthquake
Information about the band: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Sun

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2023-02-08 12:34, Wednesday

Parabellum wrote:
2023-02-07 15:34, Tuesday
Yes, this is another sad issue. In view of the many victims, it is difficult to draw musical parallels and not be impious.
Electric Sun ‎– Earthquake
Information about the band: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Sun
A lot of potential for awkwardness.
But I see it as a token that one is paying some attention.
Anyway, in my case I stopped concerning about this kind of detail after a certain episode.
When I was in a Enemy Territory clan back in 2005, or something around, we had a 13 year old Israeli kid posting his rejoice at the 30000 + dead "arabs" in an earthquake in Afghanistan. As various people protested or tried some pedagogical speech the kid "explained" to us all that "arabs" have many more children than "israelis" and so their lives value much less.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78YpvJI6eSw
Tom Waits - Road to Peace

Dimitris GR
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Dimitris GR » 2023-02-08 14:02, Wednesday

Bombast the Blue wrote:
2023-02-08 12:34, Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78YpvJI6eSw
Tom Waits - Road to Peace
:thud :thud :thud