Open Mike

Place of the offtopic, funny or interesting threads, discussions about history, politics, movies and other war games.

Moderator: von Schweinewitz

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

me and US...

Post by Ale » 2021-09-10 18:59, Friday

...inspired by some "maps of Europe by Americans" and some tests they did and similar fun, did some associations on list of US states, mainly because of their names or other known things. I find it fast fun - but totally friendly, imagine some guy from some state, big and strong, standing in front of state names tables... love you all, especially smaller and cuter then mine, would "do babies" or same but "no babies" with all 50 of you :) it is on you to guess why some names associated me to added words, some comments i just added without inspiration and in haste... but hope all alright - i regularly laugh on some comments and funny geography about continets from US. (contacts are alright for sweeties) ... a bit to relax relations after some badly chosen words :)

1. Alabama = sweet
2. Alaska = little Russia
3. Arizona = cactus
4. Arkansas = our countrymen
5. California = hollywood
6. Colorado = circus
7. Connecticut = no connections
8. Delaware = crafty
9. Florida = crocodiles
10. Georgia = little EU
11. Hawaii = naked
12. Idaho = knights
13. Illinois = big Al
14. Indiana = true America
15. Iowa = ei, ei, ooo
16. Kansas = Arkansas without crime
17. Kentucky = lucky or yuckie Kent?
18. Louisiana = awaiting revolution
19. Maine = very important
20. Maryland = happy
21. Massachusetts = tea drinking
22. Michigan = industry
23. Minnesota = poor but lovely
24. Mississippi = steamboats
25. Missouri = easy to miss, but important
26. Montana = hilly
27. Nebraska = did i miss a train for Alaska?
28. Nevada = girls and gamblers
29. New Hampshire = recently discovered
30. New Jersey = hope you buy pants as well
31. New Mexico = land of the free
32. New York = vertigo
33. North Carolina = sexy redhead twin
34. North Dakota = cute browneyed twin
35. Ohio = hi to you too!
36. Oklahoma = ok for living
37. Oregon = never talks much
38. Pennsylvania = vampires
39. Rhode Island = separatists
40. South Carolina = other redhead twin
41. South Dakota = other browneyed twin
42. Tennessee = maskenball
43. Texas = not gayish
44. Utah = beaches
45. Vermont = anti-French
46. Virginia = nice girls
47. Washington = anti-British
48. West Virginia = nice girls, but less polite
49. Wisconsin = drinks and party, no churches
50. Wyoming = little China

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

part two, and the end.

Post by Ale » 2021-09-11 16:06, Saturday

...actually guys I also have one personal (well not so personal but it almost is if you understand) story related to feminine America, even rural one. Never imagined i'll tell it on places like this without girls but why not, remembered it few days ago just before Alabama part... might help someone to understand my strange gentle side to her and something different than "omni present" America and pop culture.

namely, my 4 years older brother somewhere around 1989-90 joined some international "pen pals" association, maybe via school or not. I was 9-10 years then, hardly completely made ) Anyway, he gave our address to the club and it was sent around the world - he did not initiate anything and did not chose "pal". After some time first letter arrived from the, nothing less :) USA. From a teen girl few years older than him, iirc. Maybe i'll ask him once but he hardly remembers also what was her state, name, part of US anything... no idea why she'd chosen our address, country and all but she did (maybe she had to via school there). In any way it was "event". She sent decent amount of letters to him in next maybe 2 years, always acompanied with her lovely pictures. Rural girl - but maybe she wasn't just had a ranch beside city location - she was wearing sexy shorts made of jeans, on fields, maybe even with horses and such. Cute face, light hair though i remember that brother commented that she is getting weight, but lovely generally... He read letters to us, she was also nice, wrote long and talking honestly about things while urban kid had really no nice nature pictures and stories to send back, usually :) ... don't know about him, but I was deeply impressed as kid entering puberty :) and watched her pics secretly many times ..... in the end contacts stopped around late 91 or early 92, probably because of political situation, but i don't know really why they stopped exchanging letters.... she was "loved" in the family (by me certainly) and evrybody liked to see letter arriving from there in that 2 years :yes

well i guess that's it probably, i hardly get personal credits for that memory but good it happened, though had no major impact, very lovely true episode... hence sort of weakness.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

maps & stats

Post by Ale » 2021-09-12 18:14, Sunday

...down is one of the places where you can see collected results (just some) of that famous tests Americans did few years ago. Must say, in contrast to popular opinion about them and general knowledge :) - that 8 out of selected 31 kids/younger folks knew and placed my country i.e. Serbia and former name on the map. With another few obviously knowing but "were joking", so I'll say 10-11 know out of 31 selected... that makes by statistical projection more than 30% of selected only i.e. by projection on general population more than 115 millions of Americans know that Serbia is country in Europe :yes Also, since test were for i'd say younger people one could say that even much more people know that. Pretty alright if you ask me and lots of potential and knowledge sweeties )

funny moment is that nobody of 8-10 knowing state wasn't able to put it on right place :) but always close :yes I'm alright generally with what they showed (should work more on precision)) especially since we don't have big diaspora and coast... last look at it is that I'm proud of girl from picture number 3, cute girl using red pencil and she knows!... putting us in the place of Slovakia though ) Nothing too drastic, nothing too ignorant, some things obviously as refusal to behave seriously etc. etc. I'd say - and we should work more on ties with sweeties from there, we will be great pals and fathers of many Americans once ;

also like the kid who put us on place of Hungary (map is not corrected and it have Serbia and Montenegro borders, btw), he-she knew, south of us is "Goth" and he-she commented that played a lot of Age of Empires )

https://www.feeldesain.com/americans-tr ... a-map.html

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

and more of the same...

Post by Ale » 2021-09-13 22:51, Monday

will do some things probably until late today... still think and read a lot about America, sweetie. Nothing related to things i am doing now, more for self-education and interest.

did two test online i.e. put in the names of US states and went very/relatively well (40+ correct) BUT it is cheat as I looked a loot at her map recently, so i learned positions ; ...other test was about giving capital cities of every state without options on blank line as answer and I got only 11 out of 50 :) biggest cities are rarely capitals i know now ) but half or much more i'd never know anyway. Alabama was correct :) and Hawaii, California, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Utah, Colorado and Indiana. Was fun...

on level of interesting details personally didn't know until recently that only 13 of 50 states are bigger than mine, population wise. So when i mentioned above how i like smaller and cuter of yours, i didn't imagine we are talking 37 of them :) looking big but ready to help and mate/impregnate with love and kindly :) also send forces anytime if needed because we are so big... anyway, still wonder from which my girl from 1990 was from - remembered something i think is name and remembered that we discussed 30 years ago if she had some family relations with our state AND she hadn't making it even more loved in family - well, haven't seen brother few months, must ask at first chance if it stayed in some brain cell of his... have fun, love you sweeties, post for fun and out of boredom, maybe if you are US reader and wonder which capitals i guessed right, i'm good at it, right? ;)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2021-09-14 12:30, Tuesday

so what would make us specific and unique if we are to join USA right now... not only that we would be among top 1/5 of "big states" in the country, looking down at some circa 35 as smaller, sending around 10 representatives to Congress (or was that Senate) - but not that only...

we would be among "liberal" states for LGBT and females (but maybe red by voting pattern although old-democrats like many southern states)), having both president and PM from that population :) We would be only US state with statehood from the middle ages and proper now American knights to make movies about. We would be only state where Latin wouldn't be only official script. We would be best state in football and eternal champions, but not that one :) We would be state where capital has Washington, JFK, Roosevelt etc. etc. their streets, Al Capone has cult status as well as many other important figures from US history. We would be the real state which (hidden fact) enabled us (Americans) to fly to space and land on Moon :) We would be state where arguably greatest minority is of non-European origin i.e. Gypsy, Romanis. We would be tallest males in the US on average making "Anglo-Saxon", Latino, Asian and Black girls loosing their head about us. Females would fit too... We would be proper state with eagle on the flag, one of the pan-American symbols not some dubious stuff. We would be (unlike Europe where we touch bottom) one of the states with highest IQ average :lol (love you sweeties, but this was funny to write and not true, you are very smart and knowledgeable, of course) ....further and back to serious things, we would be among states which Spanish speaking people from Spain to Patagonia and further never considered rivals for territory and sphere, never went to war against Mexico as well. We would be among "armed" states, but not dangerous having gun crimes of England level, for example. We would have 150 years long relations with Hawaii, our fellow state now, something few US states have separately. We would be state where our greatest historical scientific minds are Americans :) We would be state with stronger army i.e. now national guard than California and better police than many other sister states.... and many, many more things, lost inspiration and time, but worthy.

Etc. etc. - in many ways proper and desirable Americans. :yes and in many ways unique. Consider it, would be mutually beneficial and 100% sure decent majority of other Americans would vote "for" in referendum on us joining US :) Especially female population. hopefully fun, though i could write much longer middle paragraph, there is no need and was enough. We will mate you sweeties and are proper candidates.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

guns and roses

Post by Ale » 2021-09-15 14:19, Wednesday

jokes aside - and mostly i wasn't joking as it is true in that paragraph, from street names to how we like eachoter - it really is strange and sort of phenomenon. List of top ten "countries" by firearm rate in the world among civilians, per 100 people... you can freely take out Falklands, Caledonia and even Yemen, currently in war, and we are in fact second right after you sweetie. And those are only estimates... and by character we certainly are not some calm, collected Japanese or Scandinavians. However we do not buy them in shops and do not have some cult about that if you wonder, but i understand you so young and fearful, fragile. Have no answer nor magic formula, but think we are born for eachother and able to help eachother, sweetie. (talking to those more armed and violent, not you Virginia - because there are states with less kills than us)

not mockery at all, perfect partners and lovers and we jump right into top 15, both stronger - world in shock :) ... about American women, we love them, known and uncontested fact. (esp. Appalachian) Considering that we are only about 3 millions minus females, you wouldn't mind us taking at least 3 each ) ... all this block with some humor and hopefully interesting facts, was maybe my best, but have to finish... even if you don't like my lines, like the maps, stats and think it is interesting for the world not knowing us. Hug you.

1. United States (120.5)
2. Falkland Islands (62.1)
3. Yemen (52.8)
4. New Caledonia (42.5)
5. Serbia (39.1)
6. Montenegro (39.1)
7. Uruguay (34.7)
8. Canada (34.7)
9. Cyprus (34)
10. Finland (32.4)

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

sausages and potatos

Post by randowe » 2021-09-15 16:36, Wednesday

I'll have sausages and potatos for dinner today. Yummie :tasty
Image Slava Ukraini!

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

chicken and same

Post by Ale » 2021-09-15 19:16, Wednesday

i had chicken "schitzels" (some bought prepared in box) and also potatoes, so cool who would say so far away :) without America we would not have them ;

since you are here, saw your dilemma about "expecting older modders to come back" - when i came to old place some 20 years ago many of people were 20 and more years older than me.... aim new "markets" i.e. new people. but i doubt. I started with medieval history - nothing, gave up that definitively... now looking for younger Americans - nothing :lol and end. Have fun & good luck nonetheless with game, i looked at few older games forums before they mostly died. can't do FBs and tweets and no will to prepare some pages... :) ....i don't know, my aim is to walk some American babe down the George Washington boulevard in our downtown i guess................ :lol (and then we play the game, of course) good luck with mods, again.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Open Mike

Post by Ale » 2021-09-16 23:43, Thursday

perfect detail, even most appropriate for the story i.e. for the end of it, i remembered... true detail and view from the G. Washington street. (generally avoidable but getting better in next century)) I lived in JFK's once. Abandoned protestant maybe even evangelical (some say) church ; it is in smaller street by, as said not operative. Very rare thing... (wires are of tram line running through GW street)

if anyone, again, even slightly doubt my seriousness, history of our American lovers date back to first modern king Milan and possibly before, unrecorded... Liz, Catherine Hicks, Pamela, Jenna J. all "our babes" among 100s of others, some fought in armies and helped otherwise historically. now we have 2 golds in modern times with American girls and all..... so, unlike some of my previous posts about foreign girls, this is true and historically based love and nothing out of fantasy. (not to mention my personal episode i talked about) Nice pic for the end i thought, not so nice as more interesting as we talk street name and protestant church. (though we both are not so religious anymore) To US fem readers - true and strong love mutually, don't take my worlds as fake and some kitchen table talk :) Bye sweeties, no more for now...

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

[OM] crime & criminality

Post by Ale » 2021-10-02 16:51, Saturday

it is well known that i like stats and dats and when i see something interesting usually look into tiny details for interest and strengthening own "analitical mind"...

so - serious subject per se and important - but with my a bit sceptical and comical tone, as always... seen on the news today - we, btw, currently operate one television related to (probably but not explicitely) to US network CNN i.e. "left" and democratic party ;) Once we had TV related to Fox news but they pulled out of the country, now this operates until something changes. That's because we are sister of the USA and she is our sweetie, great love from Milan etc. if you don't get it, they also offer us girls :) Jokes aside so i seen this stats in their news, recently published and relatively new of its kind, Global organized crime index. As i touched the subject of crime and safety, murders and number of guns among civilians in previous posts addressed to the sweetie and great partner, it looks like great addition to that so i post a link to recently published ranking...

...my touch is, after looking at every detail, that although i do not negate presence of that elements since 90s and weak state response, judicial institutions etc. etc. must say (though not important that much, but i like to type) that I laughed at some points and the ways countries are sometimes ranked i.e. graded. Sincirely doubt that we are currently 1st country in Europe by that (Russia and Turkey are worse - esp. awful to Turkey, must say, but both not completely in Europe) but anyway score is way to influence and warn our politicians to act better and judiciary esp. ;) Illogical (i'd say even funny points) are that report states that "...Montenegrin criminal actors, largely in the form of mafia-style groups, dominate the criminal economies, bringing much violence into Serbia." and "However, the violence between rival Montenegrin groups often takes place in Serbia and there are ongoing assassinations" yet Montenegro scores better in list. I'm not here to blacken our old partner and old heartland medieval Monetengro but it is funny if you think about chosen words ) ...further funny, after looking at details is that - report is divided into "criminal organisations" and "resilience i.e. state response and institutions" parts which together give score, a bit unrealistic by me) that our "mafia style groups" are reported as weaker than (old culprit) Italian, Turkish or Albanian for example they are in the same time characterized as stronger than Russian and Ukrainian, bit unrealistic no offense :) ...further, our "crime market" is in report stronger than American :) scoring 5.55 and our US "just" 5.50 etc. ...funniest detail is that it states that our borders are solidly controlled and enforcers cooperate with others and are capable for challenges, funny is that our "territorial integrity" subscore is stronger than that of France, Spain, Greece :lol ...and hundred of other a bit funny details creating a bit inconsistent ranking and scores on otherwise very important subject but i wanted it a bit lightly in my style and disagree with general score. However, let it be warning to our politicians to how are we characterized this year but non-govt institution...

just for our sweetie America and all sweeties inthere to not be afraid i add unrelated (but also funny in a way) other map i talked about - global crime rate and safety, where we score relatively good and much better than many western countries (and Sweden!) so I didn't lie sweeties when I welcomed you and said that police do relatively solid job in keeping street crime and murders low in one relatively well-armed country ;) ...of course again no offense to any nation, but a lot to think about, have fun and hug our young and scared USA :) offering hand. enjoy stats, if not my words as always (we had some murders today btw, so all is important as subject of course, though i doubt we are in right place...)

https://globalinitiative.net/analysis/ocindex-2021/

https://ocindex.net/

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

HexCode
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

[OMK] My Posts In These Forums

Post by HexCode » 2021-10-09 00:18, Saturday

Once in a blue moon, I receive a PM or Email from individuals who read some of my posts in THESE OG forums. Invariably, they're asking me why I bother... As always, not wanting to contribute to the usual virtual... pollution around here, I momentarily and exceptionally take advantage of this already existing topic to answer.

1) My posts under this very topic represent a now definitely terminated "experiment" which attempted to draw in new posters (not just readers) with truly diverse interests. As much as I've enjoyed interacting with Csaba in the past, the writing on the wall has been abundantly clear for some time. Such posters won't be coming out of the woodwork any time soon...

2) The odd, very, very infrequent, episodic post notwithstanding, the balance of my posts in the Pub have to do with wargaming; not particular wargames. My contributions to the wargaming topics appearing in the Pub have definitely come to an end. Interestingly enough, to date, hardly any posters interested in wargaming per se have bothered to show up.

3) I currently curate PGF's Online Library. The Library has its very own dedicated forum. Presumably pursuant to some "Red Administrator" consensus, Csaba was instrumental and most helpful in setting up the requisite forum.

The principal reason why I serve as the "Librarian" is to efficiently support my own PGF-related interests. My private modding activities require frequent access to lots of detailed, accurate and well organized play system and technical information. To the extent that other modders find the PGF Library's materials useful, they're most welcome to take advantage of them.

4) I'm a frequent, "ordinary Joe" kind of poster in the forum essentially dedicated to PGF. That forum's Moderator and I happen to see eye to eye when it comes to actively "safeguarding" the forum's topic structure. So far, this structure has remained "tight & muscular". In my books, this amounts to a major accomplishment and a definite, welcome break from past iffy practices elsewhere on the Web.

[EPH] MY "Hobby"...
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=174&start=250#p14742

summarizes my views and connection to the PGF Hobby at Large.

FINALLY:

From my perspective, this post's practical utility is this: it would allow me to simply refer back to it via its URL link, should the need ever arise. I always endeavor to be kind to my keyboarding fingers and, hence, absolutely strive to avoid truly unnecessary repetition... :bonk

P.S. JP's "crowd" or not, I'll NEVER post anything re: Music, Sports and the like ! NOT in a million years !
Last edited by HexCode on 2022-08-08 01:59, Monday, edited 8 times in total.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2021-10-11 14:34, Monday

...however, there were many posts by you, Csaba about other things - so why not... in "mike style" have addition and story. "Non-aligned movement" i.e. "Thrid world" have some gathering here in next 2 days, good idea to add something to my previous post... few lines from state media:
....u glavni grad Srbije stigli su i ministri Gvajane, Haitija, Katara, Indonezije, Somalije, Malija, Bangladeša, Sent Kits I Nevis, Jemena..
:)

translating as "...in our capital arrived ministers from Guyana, Haiti, Qatar etc. etc...." all other readable and understandable also.

highest ranking officals are president of Ghana and PM of Algeria, by reports... nothing against any country and good luck to all people in troubled world we live in, but funny. Azeri president should have been here, but he had more important jobs so only via video link :)

our president said:
...danas da je vreme za obnovu ideja političke nezavisnosti i zajedničkog delovanja slobodarskih zemalja sveta, poželevši dobrodošlicu svim učesnicima
translation: "...It is time to renew ideas of political independence and cooperation among all freedom-loving states, welcoming all..."

yeah, "freedom loving states" usually ranking very poor to low in mostly many lists of freedom to their citizens, press, trust in institutions etc. etc. and hardly "freedom loving" at all... good luck to that goal, mr. president and good luck to us all 7 milllions, but no luck i am afraid....

so why posting, except few laughs on serious things... well want to alternate my previous post about organized crime and criminality i.e. words in it where i said "let it be warning to our politicians". Politicians do not care much, esp. in third world ;) Let it be warning to us citizens, warning to your kids who has them in states that ranked highly, like any ranking and bad gradation be it corruption, true freedoms, press, political responsibility etc.... we are all "on recieving end" and victims of "great successes" including criminalization of state and society, corruption and irresponsible politicians, so why would any list be "warning" to any corrupt leader and politicians ; since i mentioned Azerbaijan - which places higher than some European countries, including us and much, much higher than Turkey which "rocked the bottom" in that category for example (pardon, by independent list) maybe good start of "good relations" we both have with Azeris is to ask them how to improve fight against organized crime? :) sad but true... good luck to all again, like all normal people of the world and esp. all miladies of all colors - but hardly place for a country which tries to be democratic, with strong institutions and really "freedom loving".... but as mr. president also said "we are going to EU but we love Russia, China, Third world" (and usually rank with them in all important categories and like their systems - I'd add to his words ;)

...again, sorry for few lines in mother language, had to post and translate them for fun. trully good luck to all young people everywhere. Care about your kids if not about yourself and be trully "freedom loving" and independent from mafia, politicans, greed and all. rarely posted politically, but why not - at least being constructive and wishing well ; however many problems are there and not sure about "healthy state" of world and perspectives to all (but it was always sh*tty, honestly) ... mostly finished crimo-political block, always like to hear from others and their doubts as well so welcome ;

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

[OM] statistical error

Post by Ale » 2021-10-14 10:01, Thursday

long time no post about something some called "once in centuries event" i.e. coronavirus, and this will be my last unless something spectacular happens on that field. I also have effective joke for the end, so i post...

see that we got in the "focus" (not really but it was mentioned btw) of Italian media having one of the highest percent of cases per 100000 pops, bested only by few in "western world" and not so much different than those of UK, US and some other... btw for example by international organisations - Serbia done around 6 million tests (which is almost its population) while (again for example) Egypt some 3-4 million test with population over 100 millions :) No surprise they are "doing good" and we are not. Once in a lifetime we are reporting and testing properly on level with some of the most advanced states in the world, although it might look "worse than average" in cases numbers... not to scare foreigners, we however still have much (often triple less than some) number of deaths per 100000, which is also positive. But don't be fooled thinking that we are some young and vital nation, on the contrary we are among some 20 "oldest" in the world and need miladies ;) seriously, to finish with vaccinations - at one moment we had most doses along UK, but in the meantime fell behind and now some 42% is vaccinated. Must say that i don't follow that much anymore, i'm vaccinated long ago and do not intend to do any more doses. To finish this statistics with it...

and there I get to joke in relation to my previous posts to America, Turkey, Ireland etc. and call for "mating and doing babies" with so many of you... actually ladies in Texas (for example) shouldn't be worried about me, because being vaccinated i'm now impotent... NO!... sterile i mean sterile and you can sadly forget about it :lol but everybody on their own, some countries with higher vaccination rates have even higher number of cases than we and so on... good luck and have fun. Italy shouldn't worry (i know she is doing it as "good mama" and our sweetie) and gave it as serious statistics and how and why some countries "lead" (last one about pandemic as said) almost 2 years past the start. Best wishes and truly believe in positive and love, sometimes foolish :)

lvjtn
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps

Post by lvjtn » 2021-11-05 16:12, Friday

just a short :howdy to all of you

still alive, just new job & new goals

so it's not a random secret sevice dropping me into a "toleranz macht frei!" camp brainwashing my dirty mind :lol :sh :evil
»my real name is csaba (tʃɒbɒ)«
efiles:
Image Image Image Image Image

campaigns:

HexCode
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

[OMK] It's the Only Thing That Truly Matters

Post by HexCode » 2021-11-06 01:23, Saturday

:howdy Csaba,

It's good to hear that you're alright. Health and general well-being are the things that truly matter in life. A good, stress-free job definitely helps as well. As for these forums, well, they're about tinkering and playing... :)

Toleranz eh ? Those who fervently believe that history is on "their" side tend to elevate intolerance into an indispensable... public good ! :bonk

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

[OM] Analyze this

Post by Ale » 2021-11-07 20:49, Sunday

...to say btw, too bad for Csaba's situation (though i'm sure that it is better than mine maybe)) not only because OG suffers, but also because he was among few willing to put some historical or political post - so it is a miss, i have interest in both though doubt we would agree on many historical things and about romantisation of history - and why would we agree, pillar of freedom is having own opinions, using own head and being (well only word i could use) free to do so ; however, wanted to say that miss as a miss, already weak forums even weaker :)

but i didn't want to talk Csaba, it was just a mention since he said something, actually it was Randowe's question in OG forum (about fictional and alternative history) which made me look for some notes, as known I make some notes and short stories about predominantely medievals, but also other things. Where I lived it is lots of inspiration considering all in past few decades, some costing lives, some maybe better future, while for some it were great chance for profit, they opened business and are richer than many westerners... alas. So, looking for some alternate XIX century notes i have, laways with satire, sometimes with seriousness as detective story ideas (i'm almost Brit with such talents)) I found something even funnier I wish to share for fun in "mike"... Namely i wrote down some interesting observations by politicians and "experts" which i found dubious or funny from TV shows. We can also watch (via cable operators) many neighbouring states TV stations - but must admit i do not watch TV nor them that much and never had some "voyerism" (except porn)) in political sense, as getting older even less must say and much more watch Italians, French (what i can understand) even German and of course English language stations/news than our neighbors... no offense to anyone but it is like when someone says "our region" and to me our region was always also Bulgaria, Romania i.e. every neighbor and someone to compare with not only those ex-Yugosarmatian lands + Albania :) In that sense it is half truth when our president says we have "biggest BDP in region" or anything like that - what about Bulgaria for example, our neighbor and country in XIX century we compared much more with and are of similar size. Some sources say we even become population wise bigger recently, some that we are still smaller by few 100.000 some sources that we are of equal size. Or why not our medieval pal and enemy Greece and country we compared with in XIX century a lot (except we don't have such tourism nor chance to ever have it, but we had bigger industrial output) etc. etc. So you got my idea why i look at term "region" as much wider subject if we talk about wages, BDP or anything not because I "hate" Albanians (I do babies to sexy Albanians if need be)) or Bosnia or similar... to cut the story short, found few funny notes from political/social shows older than 10 years, so i reckon might be fun to share...

first from our local political show prior to 2010 (i.e. Serbia). One politician in the time, after some arguments said "...not important (something) because in 2020 we will be part of EU, as well as region" :) Even better found note from Croatian state TV show also some 10 years old in which one of their political experts said this pearl: (it was time when they were preparing to enter EU, btw) my paraphrase "No chance EU will let Croatia enter EU before Serbia, especially not London and UK. London is strongest traditional ally and supporter of Serbia so they will require that Croatia and Serbia enter in the same time or work that Serbia is even priority" :lol so I wonder is London leaving the EU maybe because Serbia wasn't there before Croatia :) There is that myth about London and Serbia, not really true - Britain never liked Serbia much in XIX century so certainly not some "tradition" and only time when official Belgrade and official London had same or similar views was during the 1878 and "Greater Bulgaria" issue (we both protested for own reasons) and in 1938 when we both agreed that Germany should absorb Czechoslovakia :lol A bit caricaturing but yes, it is a myth. However at times we had very good relations and as Serb i'm grateful for all help by Britain in world wars, for example (they were first to send heavy artillery to Belgrade already in fall of 1914, for example). We had monarchy ties as well, cooperation and charcteristic "British and central-Serbia humor" (now both dead I'm afraid). And I like Appalachian girls, minor note from their trans-Atlantic "cousins", some dislike them because of their old English accents and isolation.... :)

hopefully both notes from our and Croat show very fun politically from today perspective, but both wrong and then even funnier... there are others I took but these maybe most fun for international forum. never trust analitics and "experts" that much and same goes for history so i often (not always) look down on historians and some works, trying own research methods (not always possible). Have fun, mister from Croatia is now dead but he lived long enough to see how wrong he was about "London urges" :) ....as for notes about alternate history in XIX century in mentioned to Randowe, maybe some other time if something inspires me, but this made me smile :howdy

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

artillery doctrine and mobility

Post by Ale » 2021-11-09 01:05, Tuesday

forum really lacked some historical subsection or even good thread - since he "bumped it up" today :) Bombast's "translations" is good for medieval subjects i did my best I could to look at some things but over now, especially like "investigations" part regarding Maritsa/Evros battle for me maybe the most decisive and important for our history of the time and (thanks to Turkish story) interesting detail that Vukašin maybe survived it and that section of our heavy cavalry maybe (all potentially again) crossed the river and maybe fell into trap even northeast of Adrianople/Edirne... just a hint look there :) it is finished for me, while still looking for details only via contacts, not actively anymore because there is nothing to research in materiel way..... well to comeback to opening statement, in lack of historical thread for "modern" subject i'll just throw paragraph or two by author James Lyon i find interesting about Serbian artillery doctrine which was realtively inovative for the time and globally, esp. heavier pieces. As i say historical work as work, one can agree or disagree but nothing controversial here ) Interesting is for me that we as a nation often had tendencies towards inovation and modifications like Koka-Mauser rifle, getting airplanes, looking for faster guns, all examples (which is good) even in XIX c (or even in medieval times when we had allegedly and by sources one of the superior armors in Europe sadly too late) when it comes to "special industry" and military but were never so famed as inovative and with industrial spirit (in western way) when it comes to other sectors or civilian industry or doctrines ;) (lack even decent chocolade or clock)) I will not do many modern history posts but this one might be interesting globaly + to add often unorthodox infantry tactics and not waiting for flanks to catch up (as by general Mišić, for example) which surprised Austro-Hungarians in 3-4 big battles... even number of horses per battery (which was always higher in our armies of the time) is interesting detail : ...but wars per se was fough mostly for nothing ;)

"During these relatively mobile wars (i.e. Balkan wars 1912-13, my addition) the Serbian army used its artillery more effectively than the other combatants, or as one Great Power observer condescendingly phrased it, they were “less timid” than the Bulgarians, Turks and Greeks. Contemporary observers portrayed Serbia’s army as aggressive and innovative in handling field pieces, mountain guns, and heavy artillery, ignoring prevalent French doctrines in ways that would soon become accepted practice among all combatants of the First World War. The heavy artillery was thought to have been particularly effective.

While the Bulgarians kept their field guns at maximum range, the Serbians usually moved them in close, occasionally to exposed positions on the battlefield. Commanders were advised to position batteries less than 4,000 metersfrom the enemy lines: long range firing was considered “heretical” and “was condemned by the rules and the higher commanders.” This meant that “when the situation demanded it, they not only took unconcealed positions, but actually moved to a closer one during the course of the battle” to better support the infantry. Serbian field artillery was very mobile, having roughly double the number of horses of its adversaries."

however, to add to authors words for the end, aggressive and mobile tactics for heavy equipment even if later accepted by all did not prevent ww1 becoming stationary/trench one (on western front) which was main idea in our doctrine, but yes it could be said that enemies there were much better equiped and of greater size/quality than what we tried and often succeded against Ottoman, Bulgarian (although we were on defense in short war versus Bulgaria) and A-H armies so not entirely successful among greater powers until tank breakthroughs in ww2 - my conclusion or observation.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

[OM] urbi et orbi

Post by Ale » 2022-01-09 20:01, Sunday

whole this "Đolo affair" of recent made me think about some forgotten things, hence few lines "urbi et orbi" but in light mood and satirically...

first, "orbi" must know that best way of prevention (ask doctors) of some (real, not real, not my job) killer virus spread around ourselves is isolation, less contacts with others and all... so it is not enough, as positive example of socially responsible behavior i've seen on some foreign TV few months ago, just to get vaxed and then free entry to bordello :lol also no tournaments, no orgies and all sort of needless gatherings.... i don't have to go far geographically to find politician with responisibility in situation, only in time - same man was also "pioneer" of rule of law in our lands adding nice line for mid XIV century - don't fear me (he was over 210 cm and had nasty bodygards), fear the law... but he also in times of plague with all ambitions and work to do (conquering world) lived by example and few times self-isolated and even sent wife away, when number of "positives" was esp. high.... also few lines in code about not touching dead and not "hunting vampires"... satirically, talking to girls who all wanted to sleep with me after i was one of the pios of vaxing but none wanted to sleep with guy from my place as he wasn't - i was still danger.... :p

other thing to dear folks around the world whose parents or they themselves left the country, as it wasn't good for them or any other reason ; but now are holding passports of various countries which are not mine... it is not important what we think and while this affair was minor and will end without trouble and was fun - remember that your role is to be helpful (if anything to do with place of origin) and also remember - in times of crisis it is I and my boys (and girls) who are expected to test battle readiness of some 101st, 82nd, Irish guard or Grenadiers - and to eventually send them home in bags... (including Australians)) that's something nobody likes to do, and will not do :) ....to much more benign example as holder of far away passport it is me, boys and girls, who will feel consequences of any closed border, not holders of foreign passport or ID. So be kind and helpful, wish us all be respected around the world...

have fun, of course it was nothing but said generally, nice time to address "u et o" style as we are nearing Julian (Caesar forever) new year in few days, with hope it will be better. generally have fun

HexCode
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

[OMK] Neither Forgotten, Nor Forgiven !

Post by HexCode » 2022-01-09 21:13, Sunday

A rather necessary exception, what with the onset of 2022.

Proximate Trigger

"urbi et orbi" eh ? :)

A Blast From the Past

Here's some relevant context...

Eight months ago, the JP's "consensus" suggested:
If you have too much free time, you can do sports or listen to music. Write about their activities in the available threads. This is what the members are interested in and how they get into conversation with them.
Belated Response

Not in a million years ! NEVER ! As for "conversations", oh well... :rofl Certain chasms can NEVER be bridged, EVER ! By the way, I certainly prefer my... monologues :P re: wargaming ! :yes In any case, "light" posts are inherently incapable of revitalizing a virtual... cemetery. :2cents

PGF's Online Library

The Library is perfectly positioned inside the... cemetery. It neither triggers nor accommodates member... "conversations". It just grows and grows... That's its long-term future "around here". :| And yeah, I am and will continue being its "Librarian" ! :2cents
Last edited by HexCode on 2023-11-12 04:06, Sunday, edited 1 time in total.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-01-10 19:02, Monday

yeah....

i'm man of word, honor and dignity above all (but not saint)) so must add here (for real end) that there is some "deeper tie" on mister Nigel Farage and "Đolo" family, unlike i said in sport thread.... as he was their guest recently, without personally knowing how long they know each other... didn't know Farage until some last year personally, nor i care and everyone is mister until mostly doing very nasty things, including selling others and presenting it like their will, lalalala... You have no idea how sadly little i care about migrations while "trash" is working for 250 euros per month and we have "full house" of political problems and troubles for citizen of Serbia kids and how we want to arrange our future at all :) not to think i am cold - I like black miladies, though :) (I do babies)) ....and how far my life is from "everyday life and questions" and i'm happy about it, rarely using even conventional media let alone bombardments from "social one"... but just to correct myself from the other thread, while that tie is something i have no logical explanation with, nor my problem. while i respect mister and would give him political rights, have no idea why any sport persona family from a country 1000s of kms away would need him?

really feel sorry for modern man it is literal brain rape from every direction, so stay normal and have some opinion without being "arse".... this story was noticed esp. in Scottish pro-indie press, is Novak old English traditionalist and unionist then, knight of the underware, do not follow again? :lol whole episode just another episode in "planet circus" and how far are humanoids from some perfections and calm dispite all perfect tits, lips and plastic in bodies...... alas. Hence koalas and kengoroos best part of one country, eagles and falcons ours, dare to disagree with pope.... I would personally be very bad politician and unpopular, wouldn't even manage "engaged" site or page on some soc-med... except maybe some porn one ;) out on it, just sorry for saying that they do not know each other in sport thread and he "just mentioned him".... totally btw, emperor Dule was great, 100x above his tribe at times sadly, too bad we still are far from some ideals like "follow convention (laws are conventions and changeable after all, but ideals almost permanent) not strongmen", for example, much more relevant for everyday Serb, his freedom to speak, "flick", travel and how much he earns, imo... and safety on streets etc. etc.

never followed tennis much, but i think, all measured, good player Novak did not need any of this as he already has much more than mortals, but if he decided to go through - most important thing is that go figure way out of it as well as anyone else and all persons to not hide behind collective and sates, not to create false impresions about Belgrade being center of anti-Scottish independence (it will happen eventually) :lol or anything... regarding how hard is to be Serb, yeah i know better than him or Australian man.... maybe we would gone better if we listened, to Dule for start :) i'm out - have fun, off to look at some naked girls...... evn more to be "flicked up" there was also story about some migrants in the same "hotel" screaming something to him - maybe it is some double game and fight for migrants, with Nigel as double agent as well, wicked tennis world, countries on the brink of the war blah blah blah..... can confurm it was few slow days in military barracks of Serbian army and no special activity at all :) have fun again, with girls, boys or games ;

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

[OM] what we know so far....

Post by Ale » 2022-01-13 19:14, Thursday

...not to finish in some (p)tennis mood and that story which could be avoided at all, i'll change subject in this last moments of Julian year - it is not holiday or anything but i'm glad my tribe is among those marking it as I'm great fan of Romans, genocidal-slavists :lol and their heritage on all of Europe (and beyond) visible in our letters, culture, decadence :) etc...and glad that our tribe kept official Roman month names, also nice tradition... while my long post and history days are mostly over, since mentioning it for curiosity, did you know that calendar mess was even greater historically and is interesting subject - in short before Karageorge many Serbs used 1. september as start of the year, since esp. (but not exclusivelly) emperor Dušan tried harmonization with Romean (Byzantine) calendar - but even more interesting is that many Serbs and some Romeans and Romans used month March as start of the year previously, which is even longer ancient Roman tradition.... add wolf as certainly most respected animal visible till today, eagle as "emblembic" animal, Roman month names - and we are very cool, though unimportant tribe :) ....but although small, there was a lot of cultural influence we spread across the Europe - vampire hunt, black fighters, dead heads, hussars (Roman curssairus etc) after we stole many traditions from Romans including those mentioned :) .....not to go back to Servius Tullius, our first globally important king in western world, but that lesson is over and generally accepted )

wanted to say also, some people believing me blindly (those are millions globally)) that it is joke about origin of the name "order of the garter" as women's underware, in times it was initiated it was not named after any part of female clothes, it is joke from later times. that's for clarity as i'm "medievalist" after all :) btw, Serbs through whole history had only one known "knight of garter", regent Paul - much more in "order of dragon" in short history alone and even first among the ranks :) not so important to us nor we as tribe and nation were gladly accepted to some circles for long - having dinasty made from simple traders, all until king married German from Romania :) that's long story and by that it is even much more strange that (some) Italians (fascists, but not D'Annunzio who was our fan) later put Serbs as part of "conspiracies" while we we were out of lodges and out of order generally :) anyway, that's humoristic (Serbs, although very serious have sometimes a bit strange sense of humor, all around the world do not understant always) - most important part of paragraph is origin of the name is not feminine sexy-ware..... what ever happens I most honestly hope that girls - Irish, English, Scottish and all - keep "open arms and legs" policy for us when we get in order, satirically

.... and that's where i get to last, maybe most serious point, regarding UK, Spain and all in perspective - whatever happens, while i believe that some processes are natural - it is important to believe in own potentials, for example England has enough, Scotland enough, whatever of for example Spain (Castille alone) has enough potential etc. etc. etc. And if every few months you talk about separations and referendums, better do it :) And to go through it with minimal extremes, there will be some and history will always be there for jokes and "kicks bellow belt" from other tribes :) not so important ultimately.... reading about Kitchener (Herbert) recently in Scottish press, remebered that he was one of the few recipients of our highest miliraty decoration, although posthumously :lol (wikipedia concured, noting only ours and Ottoman awards as foreign) maybe he would reject it so i'm not fan of posthumous awards, except maybe few soldiers after they die in battle.... while unimportant as example, i gave it btw as something that "feel on my mind" as joke. history is there above all for interest and curious minds and people who can take it calmly... while i sound like the pope, unlike him, holly man, i finish my speeches with naked girls on my mind :)

....as last, while i'm critical of wikipedia and laughed at many articles (i gave once example of our king who had 3 mothers)) and dubious claims maybe even hardly realistic facts, must add here that it is not bad and has some popularization element in it - for example I remembered as nice details that English language articles on "helmet with horns" has our medieval noble as more important example, or article on aquila/eagle as animal has line that once most predominant is immortalized on German, Polish and Serbian COA and flag.... generally, any reader can get some interesting detail and learn about some country via such English-language articles :yes

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

[OM] more gymnastics than important....(no action)

Post by Ale » 2022-01-26 20:05, Wednesday

must coment this and other "Greek concerns" in last days in papers, generally can't talk too politically and am more for tourism, nice monuments and love, absolutely nice lady is nice lady no matter if speaks Albanian, Sarmatian or what, but she also must want me for the marriage ;) (figuratively speaking)....from Greek papers - Greece is democratic country and i wouldn't say that papers are "of any party", but people say that papers are closer to currently ruling PM, mister Mitsotakis but has nothing to do with subject per se, except one part i mentioned down:

https://www.ekathimerini.com/opinion/11 ... a-teeters/

philosophy is alright but i must inform Greece that on Hungarian state television one of the "main subjects" almost daily is migrants and almost as North-South Korea militarized border beetwen our two countries which looks very ugly... yesterday they "informed" how now there are "settlements in Serbia" with more migrants than local population, showing constantly very, very ugly pictures and something like post-apocaliptic world.... regardless of what one thinks about Hungary or their politicians now, we are in "sandwich" and I wonder if Greece feels any responsibility for something we did not take part in, something what are not "Balkan people and refugees" etc. etc. our relations with Hungary could suffer and their insistment on TV can create "negative opinion" in their public, for example... not to mention consequences for our citizens (yes including crimes) something we cannot deal with while not taking part in events that drive those people from their homes.... where is some unity and action on that for start, at least we have no responsibility...

as for "Greek concerns" I as Serb sitting in Belgrade am against "partition of Bosnia" nor it is crucial question for success of our state (but am concerned as we already disappeared from many neighboring countries including Hungary historically)) but simply "philosophically" can i also be blind that in the future of any country serious disagreements could arise and than what... like very economically and by political institutions developed UK - one population want out of EU, other (Scotland maybe in majority) want to be in it etc. etc. many around the world. In cases like those authonomy is not enough as also Kosovo (why Greece does not recognize it, btw when it is de facto recognized in papers, also a bit "sitting on 2 chairs" that's why i mentioned mr Mitsotakis) separated due to long disagreements dating to who knows when... maybe first arrival of the Serbs during Greek-Roman emperors. and what i can do about it.... reasons we gave autonomy to them was that among others, not because it was "more state" than any region others cleansed before (including Greece). And we btw were only ex-Yugoslav state which had 2 autonomies on territory, while Bosnia itself could have been as well (Herzegovina) which was once even part of Serb state (1000 years ago indeed, just saying).... and we recognized Montenegro, now what - should Belgrade force some to not feel as Serbs etc etc I don't know...

at least talking with Turk president (regardless of what I think of both presidents) with highest honors is positive and so many previous historical reforms of Turkey which i can only support.... i like Greece btw, nice history i respect, but personally doesn't give any "superiority" and with all financial support and tourism which we do not have.... what to live on? that's why even distant countries we never had some ties with jumped in

and again, while Greece is friendly country, but irrelevant and while i completly was in support of old iniciatives from 2003-04 and their desire for us to integrate it is exactly opposite - what people in distant countries of European north-east etc. think about it... sadly some elites in Greece do not understand that we are not some amorphous territory, not some "Balkans" (problem is ex-Yugoslavia, not "Balkan" which Greece is most famous part of, btw i.e. problem is that country that once was created by force if you understand why forcing someone is not good...) and not people and nation without any self-respect.... yes maybe more warrior like, more "imperialistic" than some others (but less than some others) but what now and how.... you call British royals and French president on your "200 years of independence" and we mark it silently and nobody cares, it was like that 200 years ago when we did try to rise for own separation etc.

i'm not angry or anything, like to put some things - and use this chance to publicly call Albania to mate me, do babies, but not to come and use drone with some flag in our capital :lol there will be calm but i can not guarantee any prosperity nor positive population trends, happiness as even richer do not have them....

now Ukraine is in focus.... should i write texts about them and pretending that i'm smarter than them. I do not write and will not write, but i do not like things like their nationalists calling us names (was case 8 years ago) calling our church "Russian invention" while it dates back to XII c as "sui juris" and many other things ;) .....have fun all, ultimately we will be part of whatever needed as we always included inovations and copied others through history... and even invented Rome. Personally think that Italy holds a key of our "renaissance" as ever, but problem is that she also has own problems, oldest population and many other things to care about....

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

[OM] relevant ones

Post by Ale » 2022-01-29 18:48, Saturday

...few things to my Albanian readers and fans.... from distant past, to explain )

firstly, we came to Balkans not because Greeks or Rome or any glory seaking desire.... we came here because of you Albania. Think i already talked this story here but to repeat and underline its importance... namely, after many many years of wandering and protecting others as it was our duty as tribe, fighting Persian emperors, defending Slavs from Germans among other achievements - we decided to "come back home". Since we had no compass and good maps and knew only (from stories of Plinius, older and younger who located us despite very good hiding) we knew only that we once lived near "Albania" (caucasian).... so we heard about you and packed our bags, few women and we set ourselves on the road to finally reach you and old home.... those are historical facts and proof of our great respect and love

regarding Dušan, well i already explained that (more in "translations" thread, btw) he was against Angevines, not against you and he marched army there to besiege and take Angevine possesions, your today coastal cities... you know that it was point of struggle.... he even once said - talking to his halfbrother who later poisoned him :) (if Avignon, Angevin or Byzant didn't do it first) possibly somewhere in today Albania - he said "who controls Albania, controls the world and Angevines will not have it!" in his aim to conquer world... some Albanians were on his side, btw... but you also know that, but just to turn to those 2 events from our history which show great respect we had at times :yes (what happened to his church is a bit unfair, but not important ultimately for today, because Dečani are also finished by him and his church was most interesting)

hopefully funny and friendly... with humor but not so historically inaccurate as well, come and tell us some stories about distant past Albania we don't know....

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-01-30 21:03, Sunday

to use the chance while in the good mood :) (we all have dark and bright sides) to add that of course those are not only instances of medieval cooperation and "cooperation".... many half-Albanian (or complete Arnaut which was our medieval term for you, without pejorative intent as with some nations) was our hero during second half of XIV and first half of XV untill fall of despotate, personally think that even few of Dušan's dukes were of at least partial Albanian origin, many died for Serbian crown in battles in at least 200 years.... of course many girls were Albanian, lovers or wives of lesser nobility etc etc too many to mention ....AND finally latest modern genetic researches did confirm that we (even without Kosovo) do have significant percentage of Albanian-Greek dominant haplogroup so nobody can doubt big medieval mixing...

but wanted to add this thing here, many younger Albanians do not know and is funny.... for some 40-50 years tallest and most dominant building in center of Belgrade was "palace Albania" and still exists. If that was to be fact for any bigger European capital that tallest building is named by my country I'd be proud :) It was like our "Empire state building" in NY, size wise...

while i finish this subject - maybe i'll touch any part of history later if inspired - i think it is important as many Albanians do not understand Serbs when they talk about history and i talked a lot... my invitation is open, while place is maybe not right. did not flatter and pretend, would like to know more about some eventual Albanian things and also like Albanian feminine beauties, exciting :)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-03 18:07, Thursday

let's do this, as i said i'm not doing politics but for historical interestings and fun

https://www.dailysabah.com/opinion/colu ... dow-before

Merve is back, missed you dear Merve :) ...but she's not doing "history coloulmns" anymore so not that fun

...nothing political, her text is her text and nothing to do with me, as are her political views... i'm not Turk so i have no idea what is best for Turkey nor i vote there, just to clear that )

will touch just on some linguistic details she talked about extenesively... what term Ukraine means exactly i'm not sure, letter "U" maybe has some meaning and i leave that to their scientists if they have any sources. But i can confirm for all interested that "Krajina" is term widely used in Serb history so Merve's "book" didn't lie about something as "border land" :yes We were expert border guard tribe so it was used here a lot.... always thought as young man that it was introduced during Turko-Austrian wars as Serbs were part of "Krajinas/Krainas" but after getting deeper knowledge about middle ages i was wrong about that - actually it was used in mediaval state as well as seemingly organized formations of something like light scouts on the realms borders.... "kra(j)ina-men" were mentioned, had law clauses about their responsibility if enemy penetrates and they were used as "early warning" i.e. alarms for feudals to raise armies and put on armor in case of approaching enemy....Dušan mentioned them explicitely, even "famous" Byzantine scientist/theologist/diplomat Nicephorus Gregoras mentioned his experience with being ambushed by those "krajina-men" while traveling to meet Dušan and described them "rising from the ground as devils", but already talked it just here i'd say :) it is how they worked here in military very organized Serb tribe while i'm not implying anything about pure origin of the word in lands of East-Europe, but probably yes "border"

it is known i like details and history so this explained, to add to Merve's doubts if she is reading :) terminology is terminology and history is history so it doesn't matter much for today like known fact that "Turkey" is big tasty bird many like to eat :lol actually i'm from the region where many countries "poped up" and ultimately doesn't matter who feels like what, if there is mutual respect and i'm from the region of mutual respect :) yeah "Kosovo" is Serb word (and majority is Albanians) and "Montenegro" is translation of sea taken from Serbs :lol but it doesn't matter as we do a lot of babies together and respect... like in individual life same is with states - it is most important what from now and what is ahead..... leave history for us, knowing it but do not be offended if we say something "non-PC" and care about own history ;

so if you Ukrainian do look at "translations" and remember my words when your countrymen write word "Rashka" because that's our glorious feud that almost overtook the world, respect it :) ...and do join us here, tell us something about your country, maybe you like middle ages and maybe even you know something about mysteries of our migrations and how we converted from Scyths... I'm asking because one relative said he lost beautiful golden mace in our travel through your lands, around 400 AD, he would like it back...... :lol

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-04 19:11, Friday

....so yes, subject per se is more interesting for deep science than it is looking on first sight.... i mean Russian lands and today Ukraine and us as tribe, but already talked it, now just underlining... it could completely overturn theory (which is already in doubt) about any recent tie of so called white and "black" Serbs and our coming from Saxony... and there is more genetic material shared, while i have nothing against Czechland and Saxony :)

linguistics and oral traditions in that sense very precious. as i said, for example, word "skitati" (to wander) would not be present without some ancient tie with that people and probable our belonging to those groups initally, i believe... same is with word "the end" (in geographical sense border as well, if taken as "kraj-na") which is dominant only among Serbs, Croats and Bulgars (end else but not other bigger nations with similar languages) so it might indicate our dislocation from somewhere there and some indeedual tie with country "Ukrajina". And i learnt exactly from Russia and Ukraine that proto-Slavs considered Scytho-Sarmats as "giants", something which followed us many times through medieval glory ; and is proven with Dušan's skeleton etc.... thanks.

something in light mood... no, it is misconception that we fear or serve Russia. total misconception in both cases.... it is more just respect as it was only power to care and which urged for our country from 1804-1878. that's what i feel at least. About fear, we fear nothing nor no-one. i do not want to insist on my calls that much, it is primarily forum about ww2 so not right place - more interested in other history and super facts - so i'll repeat again that would like to know more about Ukrainian oral traditions (kiss you)) some finidings and all, if someone passes by... i wouldn't call our relations good but not bad either, so do not create or fall under some impression of animosity, i'd say... simply life has its challenges and even small countries have interests and small empires if made out of fighting Greek heroes and Bulgars are as significant and prideful, as big empires made out of fighting poors with sticks :lol do join and help me from Krajina :yes

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-05 14:41, Saturday

when you are in "sh*t" to the throat, then you are.... did we do some stupids again? :lol funny part is that American "left" media puts us on "axis of evil" and American "right" media puts us on "evil Mexico" that deserves only wall etc...

wonder why is Serbia more important than Poland (their pres was there or emperor of Monaco)) but in any way i take it as sign of respect for our might.... alright i understand, we must join the pact :) down is that ranking, i believe without any intent that it is realistic and, btw, we place higher than some countries by "civil liberties" that are even in EU and NATO, so not so "anti" and i lauged only at media report, not some rankings.... (we place higher because of sexual orientation of our president and PM)

i really believe that all "pressures" are there to note our significance and sort of honor.... "we" get a lot of stick but when time comes there is big "carrot" to stick in our mouth... (or else) :yes

honestly believe that we and our (U)Krajina will join west(-ern Balkans) together and do a lot of babies in orgy, they simply want us. And then we will discover really relevant things like our origin and how you opened up for us, converting us from proud Scyth (except Dušan's Scyth party, which remained pretty warlike)). .... have fun all, of course any talk is alright, but if you are to say something mind that i'm interested above all in ancient/medieval history and details :yes

https://freedomhouse.org/countries/free ... er=Country

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-06 21:09, Sunday

lets repeat this map of genetic distribution just here and now, in this moment - personally think it is revolutionary in many ways, including that regarding subject of our origin and migration direction... only via link as image is too big for post, but do look at it.... Ukrajina is country with biggest presence of I2 haplo, while most dominant there is Slavic r1a - except us and i2 is most dominant among Serbs, Croats and Bulgars (peaking in Bosnia and among many smaller countries today). To me pretty self-explanatory and anyone doubting theories about our movement from there is just wrong... reading a lot of stuff i understood that subject itself became almost "political" :lol without any reason and it doesn't negate closer ties of both Ukrainian and Polish languages and nations - after Serbs and Croats moved in expansion towards Roman lands (heroes as we are) it wasn't ethnic cleansing by Polish and Ukrainian tribes :lol - we moved by own will (with few of your women for the trip)) and later other tribes spread.... to my Ukrainian readers - since "Boykas-Boykii" are also known as Highlanders - early Serbs were best example of such highlanders on the Balkans as earliest states were formed on similar basis and grounds. We however are not related to "Boykos" as we were separate tribes, possibly guarding own Scytish traditions for long, maybe we just learned some Slavic forms from them. Very great and revolutionary if backed by modern genetic findings :yes ....to say something knightly to Croats as well - obviously they were bigger tribe in that era (but possibly both being part of same tribe on Iranian plateau, as by that find on Jena German university) but equally true that Serbs were taller, stronger and sexier - and we ultimately reached the Olympus after beating Zeus and his guard, under Dušan :) Personally also believe that we (and some) Croats were not part of initial Slavic migration and that we arrived maybe some time later as sort of "elite force" and maybe under Greek invitation to guard some line (but we later turned against them)) or to strengthen Slavic expansion... my theories and possibilities, but as ever based on high percentage of chances and backed by something, not fantasy.

kingdom for Ukrainian (fem) "expert" (you don't have to be expert if you know anything) here :yes .... also learnt from Ukraine contact that author of their anthem was listening to Serb students in Kiev singing patriotic songs (and some about Dušan as well) before deciding to write his poem (but he wrote it under Polish influence as we do not have lines like "not dead yet etc", so no conflict there as well...) if you add that to mentioned Turkish lady story that their flag is partly influenced by battle on Kosovo, you conclude that we were cool tribe with lot of influence and glory in the past :) thanks to all people from Russia, Ukraine, Turkey for preserving and rediscovering those stories :yes do join me and kiss you all...

https://images2.imgbox.com/43/c9/hPenqeAI_o.png

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-07 18:30, Monday

... I btw have eastern-Slavic heroic name from Kijevan Rus :) you will never know and not important.... born with it, gonna die with it. Guess you can't beat legacy and genes, yes we came from the deep and mixed there, place of birth, Greater Scythia...

cheated you with Turkey, America, Albania even - but you are the only one I ever loved, baby. do not know what to do.... wolf in me is angry, but imperial aquila in me says "just fly high and forget her......"

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-09 20:11, Wednesday

like ever on "important" points i talked (and i talked really very many about everything)) want to underline this... we are speculating, but not doing fantasy... so where is "revolutionary speculation" here

if we take as possibility that we (Serbs in concrete, but some other as well) learned Sla(o)vic from them, while initially not being from that ethno-group then "politization" is wrong and useless... in short it is then irrelevant was Russian "too under Old church Slavonic" (and in that way Serbian, Bulgarian etc.) end equally irrelevant if "Second church Slavonic" (from say XVIII c) was too under "Russian influence for Serbs", if our initial dialect or tribal language was indeed maybe branch of east-Slavic and we originate from Russian (and Ukrainian of course, kiss you) lands... we call them, btw, "Sloveni" meaning more specific "people of word i.e. letter" not "Slavs". Needles politcial dimension - while Wikipedia is ususally "battlefield" on many subjects, so relax ) - further development of both Serbian (and Croatian but i do not equalize anything because they have science as well) and Ukrainian is determined by geography and political situation (no secret that Bulgarian empire pushed us hard few times but we mostly won includin capturing Boris' son and "ruining" Second Bulgar empire with Dušan but we are pals)) so in a way we are similar to Ukrainians..... however we love Russian and Russians and do not negate ties and even possible historical chance that they taught us their language :yes (I btw can follow and understand Ukrainian language/dialect as well but Russian better indeed)

unrelated - "твоѥ ѥстъ цѣсар҄ьствиѥ" from Old church Slavic for fun... not related to above subject but more something for us. "ѣ" is btw famous Serb "e" like "Kijeeeev" :) but not about that - it is interesting as word is pronounced "cesarstvije" i.e. "caesarstviye" (to be "Englishied") indicating that our emperor was indeed "caesar" (in our shortened as "car") and not "Tsar" as in wikipedia - cesar, car... have fun, would like more people from EE, great lover of you... but doubt this place is right and is more technical, but why not trying.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-10 22:18, Thursday

for the end.... i've sent file to my "contact in Ukraine" some time ago, but since i've mentioned it here, here is for history lovers and readers in that country and Russia, Belarus, Baltics, Poland etc. complete tune of most possible song creator of Ukrainian anthem listened to end which inspired him.... again by story from Ukraine, i wasn't there :) but most likely, there were considerable numbers of Serbs in Kijev in mid XIX c

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vostani_Serbie.ogg

interesting to listen how Serbian language (writen by Habsburg living Serb) looked in early XIX c and is interesting as one of the first national "anthems" in whole of eastern and SE Europe. no calls for battle, no battles even mentioned but it does mentiones glory of Dušan's empire. was proposed for anthem but anthem of Serbia kingdom from early XX won.... like that story about people in Kijev and broader liking it, thanks again to Ukrainians and Russians for preserving it :yes do join.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-11 14:08, Friday

.... actually not end, want to add before the end ) ...in fact song would be one the oldest anthems in the world should have been accepted and is only 12 years older than "Marseljeze", but no trouble it wasn't as personally current anthem is acceptable to me and nice melodically...

regarding "controversies" this time to western readers explaination - should not be understood as some fight among Poles and Serbs over Ukraine's hand, as there is no contest there because we always win and Ukraine is not denying us and know all about us historically and now even genetically... i already talked it, but to repeat there is no conflict, maybe just small desire to "nullify Serbs" in Stalinist manner from old family photos :lol And some humor... but readers must know that even Mickiewicz (Adam, "Polish bard" not to be mixed with Mickey M)) liked the song and had it on his CD regularly listening to it and - most seriously - considered Serbs not only greatest heroes but solid epic singers as well in that "Slovo-Scytish" word etc. And they preserved story about our medieval hussars that influenced "even" Mackensen etc etc ...So to underline no conflict - as to what are intentions of particular people i can't judge but in any way worst case scenario is some "potential ruining of our relations with Ukrainian tribe" so do not do it.... as I said humoristically to Ukrainians - we are only western country (we are a bit west from them)) ready to support your integration in whatever you decide and, even more, instantly if needed tomorrow :) There is that humor who became part of something and who wasn't and who was accepted first and i must say in that sense that I wouldn't be ashamed as Serb that we and Ukraine (and Russia) join whatever together..... sometimes looking at interest and elites we forget about people, old ties, language and beauties :yes

last line i believe regarding "our anthem" from early XIX c - while it was written in Vienna and sung in Kijev and all places - must be understood that such activity was dangerous and subversive for all empires of the time, so dangerous in Austria as well, so none of empires was particularly "democratic" in that sense when it comes to national songs etc. have fun & join

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-12 13:27, Saturday

more music :) interestingly i believe that moderate or benign "nationalism" and better said knowing own history and great stories is healthy and good - think it could lead to respect to others as well, as i demonstrated.... and even to greater love and desire to hug great nations, like both our eastern babes - Kijev babe and Moscow babe i.e. Moskva babe (don't like that -cow ending, sounds primitive and offensive) while at the same not hating anyone... in serach of "Serb soul" all I can say we should look at some "knightly ideals", respect and (if needed) bit of sacrifice and desire to positively impress both weaker and stronger and make them feel like under our protection, especially Rus' babes.... :)

anyway.... new anthem from wikipedia, newer heard such version (by US navy band and hopefully non-political way, because we are not in that coalition, we join only after our babes)) and sounds very good :yes downloaded the tune to use in some games (do not use much OG but can be used there as well) but will put in some medieval/fantasy game to win better :) ....however, i didn't post for music but to criticize Wiki again - namely "translation" is not translation at all but "re-singing" to better fit English and is not same as Serb words.... minor thing, word "rod" is translated as "race" while in fact much better meaning is "Serbian tribe" i.e. "Serbian kin". To me unimportant and minor but since today many people around world can read wikipedia, some could get wrong impression :) Seen article on Ukrainian anthem, which uses same word "rod" and there was translated as "nation" which is also incorrect so yes "tribe, kin, family" most precise...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nati ... y_Band.wav

also checked article about all world's anthems and there date of every anthem is "printed" but most strangely our, which is old, dating back to 1882 is sorted by date of 2006, which is not right though maybe authors considered that text was changed and since do not consider it as continuity :dunno ...saying as, for example, our sister Ukraine is listed as "having anthem since 1917" and similar, but again minor thing - anyone checking article can see that king Milan adopted it so i'd say it is a bit paradoxical few articles... hope you like it in any way and again nicely played by military band of not allied country :) have fun.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-13 21:01, Sunday

... most seriously - it is all surreal and fantastic in a way, but real. While not same nor comparable (because we are superpower unlike sister Ukraine) when you look at those talks you can't believe that your city is only capital of Europe that was ever bombed by biggest military coalition in history but it was our fault and we decided to be good :) .... and now these when you think some things are left behind. Almost like comedy but i believe that some things are not funny to some people... when i was born in last century would never imagine what will i see in life...

if it comes to worst - what i do not believe knowing Russians who always die for us historically :) - and for more joke I will add that all citizens of Ukraine, Russians and Ukrainians (as well as Russian citizens) are welcome here as refugees and we are among few countries in the world where language is regional but you can settle in other regions as well. Govt issued decree that we can accept up to 2 million female Ukrainians from 20-40 years old :lol ... regarding historical attractions you can visit Wrangel's grave in Belgrade :lol (and i take you to Dušan's grave which is nearby, i know you care))....jokes aside i take it seriously but not apocalyptically and truly mean some things like our integration and good relations.

last call to all people from those great countries to join any interest here, but i'm not insisting.... maybe i'll mention you sometimes in the future with smile, but that's for relaxation i.e. friendship... i was very involved in events since 2014 and always interested to know more and to help you integrate :)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-15 05:02, Tuesday

one more thing in bad time politically ;) (today is our statehood day as holiday btw, so to few nice stories regarding our babes)

that our love for Russia is not only verbal nor symbolic I learned from their statistical data in years before corona and i got interesting moment there that from whole SE Europe (from Greece to Hungary) most tourist or travellers at all before corona visited Russia exactly from Serbia :yes very nice, makes me proud considering that we are poorer than many of countries.... numbers are still small and there is potential so do visit and think more about that country, hug it... not much Russians visit Serbia but it is our fault for not having attractions and is better in last years, I noticed them first time some 10 or less years ago when nice couple stopped me on the street and asked me for direction of something... when I strated to answer using English they said "stop what are your doing, talk your language we are Russians". Nice story and our great strength, as i said language....

picture of Palanok castle in western Ukraine very near Hungary... remembered this story, if you can ever visit, relatively close geographically... for Serb medieval history lovers interesting as castle was owned and few times residence of our probably richest feudal of "near-death era" Đurađ Branković aka George "Golden fork" :) He owned it for more than 15 years and had few orgies there....) while it was given from Sigismund of Luxemburg, it is interesting for our history of the era as probably north-western most point of Europe our famous heavy knights thundered through. Story is nice, but maybe not "true Ukraine" (as it was part of Hungary for long) and there is more to visit and to feel country as Serb in eastern and central parts as well. Good luck to all, think these are countries we shouldn't forget generally and are great biological potential for us.... not even to mention old ties and importance :yes kiss you, probably chosen most unappropriate forum type for my stories, but why not making it nice looking )

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-16 15:16, Wednesday

found this picture in wikipedia article, about Visoki Dečani Serb monastery on Kosovo btw, built by Dušan's father and himself sponsored and finished it, including final touch and nice facade works.... nothing political but I laughed and posting for fun, because it is pic from 2009 when they visited and who would say that in 2022 mister Biden and mister Blinken would be so important :lol ....there is that legend among Serbs that visiting anything related to our emperor gives person "some power" :) ...must say that I'm not sure that person I marked on photo is Blinken at all, photo is low res, so apology if that it is not him, but Biden is there... but photo and story is for fun anyway.

want today to talk also with smile about that episode i mentioned about nice Russian couple i met... of course I met many Russians, including in Montenegro which i do not visit much and there is a lot to visit in that huge country Russia for Serb etc etc I personally like their love for "harmonica" i.e. accordion I also like, among many things i like about that country :yes so to add to what I already said - after I started talking Serbian to them, they both were quiet and looked at me while I was talking. They were so concentrated that I started doubting that they understand me at all :) After finishing and they said "thanks" I just had to be sure and asked them "did you understood me or just pretending?" and they said "of course, we understood all"... then I said "super" and slapped the guy on his back as sign of friendship and girl just slipped fast for me to not touch her, i guess :lol ...nice story, liked their respect and how they spared me using English....have fun, join.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-16 21:34, Wednesday

last one on the subject which is so complex, deep and old many experts do not understand. It has nothing to do with only XIX c (but is important for Serbs as we recieved only help from them) nothing to do with ww1 etc. Cultural ties are much longer and attested in medieval times when Russians (Kijevan, Muscovites and all) took care of many Serb institutions and monasteries after Serbs gradually left mt. Athos in Greece, for example but other regions as well... but it is not about religion only, because we and Russians are much less deeply religious than many countries, even western... (you have wikipedia article about level of religious importance for every country) Everything which is good shouldn't be ruined and should be preserved - because even if you like someone else more, leave the choice to others as well, plus loving other doesn't mean hating or ignoring someone else and having phobia... I leave you alone after this baby :) but could talk about those 2 countries forever )

so as "myth buster" I add here one link if anyone except me can wrestle with "kiril" letters and not really good table made by them :) it is about which countries Russians consider most friendly and which most hostile.... Serbia is steady through whole 2000s although number risen slightly in second half and is currently at - 6% of Russians consider Serbia as most friendly.... Nothing spectacular but for us "full heart" and translated in numbers more than 8 almost 9 million Russians, which means every Serb can find soulmate there :lol Thanks, respect.... While we are not so big in their eyes, but sufficient with hope of positive trends ) - interesting detail from that data is that almost nobody in Russia puts Serbia among "unfriendly nations", which is super as even some countries that rate higher in "positive ratings" do have even small percent of those who put them "in negative ratings"... and so, think we rate good, pluses and minuses considered.

because this is about people and not any elites or politicians, it is very important... and we were never in open, armed hostility with that power. I think any Serb, politics aside, above all should have "positive opinion" about that country i.e. people, but not mandatory :) and even offer help in any time. Kiss you :) ....and will now really try to leave it alone... Baby, annex me and sex me :lol respect without sarcasm..... and respect to Ukraine as well, many of those who settled in Serbia previously were from that country and even much loved (by people they say, not so much by king Milan)) first modern queen Natalia could be considered as of that origin.... etc. etc.

https://www.levada.ru/2021/06/15/glavny ... ye-strany/

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-20 10:40, Sunday

so yes, while I promised to leave my baby :) and i do, must add that of course in light of events of last decade of XX c up until today, many philosophers and similar like to entertain some old things and concepts i.e. to mention them... in my country it is often popular - personally i also like to do some philosphy as well - due to for me personally totally failed state of Yugosarmatia (i.e. Yugoslavia i.e. South Scythia) and our big mistake as functionable state that politically progressed and was solidly organised (Serbian kingdom) was exchanged for adventure with many violent episodes, and especially due to its breakup... but have no hate for people of similar or same languages nor i'm against doing babies to their woman.....

so, among other things sometimes mentioned it is old "eastern question" so I recommend to Serbs to look at English wikipedia article about it and to notice how Serbia, right after Napoleon era, has even bigger paragraph and is mentioned positively as "easternmost burgeois uprising in the world" first constitutional and (almost) parliamentary "monarchy" in that part of the Europe... while I "wipe my behind" :) with more than many Wiki articles I think this mention is alright and with credit where it is due... however, misconception is that it would be all possible without "Russian bear" i.e. for us "Russian pussycat" and wasn't completed by Serb heroism or struggle, so that to be clear and I must knightly say it :yes (we retrograded from some ideals and things we had, but nobody's fault))

..... generally unrelated but interesting wanted to also add with smile to domestic readers (but is interesting for all eventually as well) that regions of Ukraine with most people declaring themselves orthodox (like Serbs) are in - by their researches and polls - by percent are in fact in north-western regions close to Poland :lol (excluding Lavov area) and (as known) in central regions (of ex "New Serbia" as well but we forget them for annexing us, as sign of friendship and promised female tribute))... true, for those caring about interesting religious facts and how that country is structured. But it doesn't mean we should favor them over east, south or Lavov as generally all regions equally think Serbs are sexiest..... have fun, call for help anyone and peace and progress to my baby especially.... anyone able and willing to do some philosophy or know about history is welcome to join me or correct me, if wish be.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-21 13:24, Monday

as said forum lacks some historical section but it is now irrelevant and would be vaccant as well, but i like nice stories and my touch on them ;

must say that episodes from XVIII century and our (not as nation but as our settlers and officers) role in events on territory of today Ukrajina is, maybe subjectively, one of the more interesting in our whole interesting history from Iranian plateau to EU-canditate :) Like those stories and are equally good as scripts for eventual films we will make later, when situation stabilizes... for a relatively small tribe we played (in Imperial service, of course) almost important role in history of that country, esp. during our gratest babe Jekaterina the Great ) ... like that Petro Popović (same last name as Alyosha from Kijevan Rus)) Tekelija story and how he didn't want to hurt Cossacks and bombed empty fort etc. etc. (mind that Cossacks often attacked Serb settlers, but anyway....) and all other stories where we looked almost as English in America versus Ukrainian Indians :) I could and like to talk about some stories, but not really place, so just short mention and explaination as I mentioned it in previous story.... along our medieval stories great future film potential to be liked in Ukraine....

in any way, eventual readers from that country must know that we like to talk about history but it is not politcal issue for us, just we are proud that we had "colonies" in such big, important and sexy lands, but our numbers were small.... if to all that we add possibility of our ethno-genesis as semi-Slavic tribe exactly in your country, well we have a lot of ties... when we join whatever together (and Russia) hopefully we vote together on issues :lol ..... as end, regarding migrations and "colonisations" it was global phenomenon - already mentioned English/Scottish/Irish spread and land steal, but also Habsburgs settled Germans on our and Hungarian lands (even New Barcelona was planned in today northern Serbia) etc etc finally, except few town/village names too bad our bigger trace in your land hasn't left, would be cool.... do join.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-22 14:18, Tuesday

...a bit more (after all) on that romantic, beautiful subject :) ....mainly want to add for people liking history in those countries, not to be poisoned by any wrong facts and all. While subject is more important and interesting for our history lovers than people in those countries, think they are esp. vulnerable today to any "quasi-facts".... so yes again - Petar (Pyotr, Petro) Popović indeed where Tekeli(ja) (from Serb village Tekija) comes more as nickname i.e. "callsign". In Russian sources known as Petar/Pjotr Avramovič i.e. Abramovič :lol but totally fictional as Russians had different last name pattern than Serbs (which kept second name through more generations by then, in this case likely Popović) and always used fathers name to adress people. Since Petar's father name was Ranko - name like many Serb names not present among Russians like Ratko, Rastko, Branko etc etc) they changed in Abram, no idea why but not of Jewish origin, just fictional name in Russian lands... of course he wasn't only just highest ranked example of Serb in that events, stories of some of our commanders of settlements are maybe even more interesting and alright...

another qute story - or maybe Russian, Ukrainian or Serb joke or anecdote - is that, after first area i.e. "colony" was named New Serbia and had conflictional nature often, but not always as that story of non-violent fort fall commanded by Serb by origin shows - joke is that empress and imperial officials but Serbs as well decided to name other, later colony "Slavyano-Serbia" i.e. to note to locals and Cossacks that Serbs are Slavic people :) .... Cossaks were not dumb, nor evil but just by large uneducated, losely religious and without schools - unlike Serbs who looked as elite and nobles to them.... nice stories as said, very film like... you add few love stories with Cossack girls and bingo :)

after consulting some Russian, Ukrainian sources and contacts must add that question of how many Serbs really lived historically in there and whole country is (although unpolitical) a bit controversial, but without any bad intentions as i've said "our numbers were samll"... reason for controversy is that (except my Kijev song story) there are indications that Serb books were translated in Lavov (not in Russia then) to Donjeck and many villages and towns might indicate that maybe more Serbs lived there than believed.... not so important and i believe that there was no violent assimilation, or totally fake forcing or killing of Serbs in those lands, most likely they melted in or maybe moved back to Serbia in XIX... so there is small controversy but nothing political, nor intended to make things look ugly, even my Ukrainian sources admit that they do not know how many Serbs lived there historically.... :yes

finally, history is nice, but what to say about today.... maybe nothing, but i think people in those countries know that we are among states (maybe one of the most) which disliked whole situation in last decade and are deeply hurt by all. So i like about history... but will not do it eternally, better now than never to give my knowledge, but mostly finish and leave the "mike" ;

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-24 07:23, Thursday

....so yeah - while all my historical notes were mostly in order and educational and likeable - must say that i laughed so much, because i did not expect any escalation.... in that sense i'm sorry if i've chosen bad time or if they were in too light mind

nonethless, i always stand behind own words ans said all properly plus evaded politics ;) but must finish with what i've said in last post - i'm one of the few who lived through 3-4 wars (including with short conflict with NATO) but we always knew that it will finish sooner or later... in that sense, no matter how unlikely it sounds, despite own wars this situation is maybe worst geopolitical thing in own life and for many Serbs i think.... not only emotionally, but because world is not like in 1950 when we could pursue some "my way" policies. good luck, to all of us :) as last joke, but especially those readers living in those 2-3 countries... i do have room in my apartment and could share a bed ).... alas, to hell with laughs my sympathy - hope my anthems and facts i've sent to the east are useful now :p best wishes (

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2022-02-24 09:03, Thursday

I have hardly been present in the forum for the last three weeks.

My mother had fallen in January and suffered a stroke a few days later. She died last week shortly after her 96th birthday.
We spent a lot of time with her and had to care for her around the clock. It was clear to her that her time was up. But she was not worried about herself, but much more about her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, considering the political situation in Europe. She experienced the horror of World War II, the bombing of Dresden on February 13, 1945 and the bombing of Chemnitz on March 5, 1945. She reminded us of these experiences shortly before her death and wished us with all her heart that war in any form will not affect us in the future.
I hope for all of us that her wishes will come true!

Rest in peace dear mother.
Completed CCs: 1x4, 2x5, 3x3, 4, 5x3, 6, 7x2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17x2, 18x3, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56x3, 57, 58, 59, 60x3, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67x2, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72x2, 73, 74, 75x2, 76x5, MTC I
Completed CCCs: #8

hoza
Kadet
Kadet

Post by hoza » 2022-02-24 09:28, Thursday

Hi Para,

so you are the end of the line now. Take it as a Cologne sentence says. It is like it is, what will come will come and in the end everything ends up well. :grumpy

Radoye
Royal Navy Battlecruiser Sqn
Royal Navy Battlecruiser Sqn

Post by Radoye » 2022-02-24 19:46, Thursday

Parabellum wrote:
2022-02-24 09:03, Thursday
I have hardly been present in the forum for the last three weeks.

My mother had fallen in January and suffered a stroke a few days later. She died last week shortly after her 96th birthday.
We spent a lot of time with her and had to care for her around the clock. It was clear to her that her time was up. But she was not worried about herself, but much more about her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, considering the political situation in Europe. She experienced the horror of World War II, the bombing of Dresden on February 13, 1945 and the bombing of Chemnitz on March 5, 1945. She reminded us of these experiences shortly before her death and wished us with all her heart that war in any form will not affect us in the future.
I hope for all of us that her wishes will come true!

Rest in peace dear mother.
Please accept my deepest condolences.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-26 13:54, Saturday

i had few nice stories regarding XVIII c and monuments i wanted to look at with some humor, in relation with those 2 countries and our role and presence there - but simply how to do it now and what is the point.... and that's what I dislike the most as wars i.e. outbursts of violence although the most important and worst thing, finish but there is something after them and bad taste and ruined relations stay after..... actually Russia and Ukraina (and that is why insisted so much) were "prototype" or example of countries for us we were told we can relax in or to consider them as friendly or things like that, but now :p .... of course it is not like anyone cares and notices small countries (esp. those which are not part of any blocks) but despite that even if 3% (for example) of population form negative opinion about you in course of some events, life and future is less secure and enjoyment is less etc. etc. you understand it, maybe my English usage is not so masterful, but clear... and we were first Eropean (continent wise)) country (among first) which enabled free travel to citizens of those 2 countries for example etc etc ...even more - there is not even war needed to feel less at ease and "less secure", like my example of Montenegro :lol one we never had war with, plus our rulers in XIX c "generously" supported its enlargement on some towns that were part of historical Rascia, considering that it is friendly country forever :) and so on, as light mood example of less security for travel and free speech, but nothing drastic and as said Serbs are the most visitors in that country and will be like that in the future - only i should avoid it with so many "pistoleros" there :lol

so yes maybe i'll come back with that monument story and some laugh about it my way (Serbs possibly created first organized colonies in today Lugansk and Donjeck areas) but simply has no will now and is ridiculous ( ... regarding Ukrajina, when you even think that country (with so many beauties) was alrady the poorest country on continent and as joke sometimes related to as "European Africa" (what it is not) you can imagine that it is last place on continent that needed war. My sympathy (while Russia is my babe)) and since 2014 I wished to help somehow to both - so do not mind if I use this place (which is totally inappropriate) and do put some story with laughs.... sadly we do not have active members from those 2, so it is a bit useles.... regarding politics, well somehow i think we are retrograding, not in political sense, but in a sense of political life and responsibility, but that's our not geopolitical problem.... i btw lost my contact in Ukraine, but it is understandable now.... so again, do not mind if i post something after all, just want to make our forum more diverse and interesting :yes regarding Para's first sentence, must say i don't even play ww related games currently but have OG inthere and look at some things ;

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-02-27 19:23, Sunday

...and Belarus too... i mean we enabled them free travel among the first too. often forget that country i.e. people but it is unanimous opinion among Serbs that Belarus is our most beautiful little sister, often forgotten :) so very welcome to me and my room...

anyway, not the time and i deleted some initial ideas now, but will share the story i mentioned only shortly not to keep the readers in suspense ; ....so for us maybe unique (of the type) monument in the world in ex-colonies :) in suburb of small town Slavyano-Serbsk in Lugansk area... three figures and three languages, or diealects. Honouring memory of our settlements there with year of foundation on it 1753 ok, bad resolution sorry but in haste... Serb contemporary soldier i.e. frontier man and Russian in front row, holding hands but nothing homo-erotic there :) Above figure of a Cossack (symbolysing Ukrainian) waving his sword and wanting to cut heads of those two :lol just joking... very nice, hope it stays forever and must visit and taking own picture besides for every passing-by Serb i think and our nice legacy symbolysing something positive. (monument is of much later date than frontier events, btw)

anlysing monument one can notice that Serb is sexiest and having firearms, plus full frontal armor on his chest i.e. rich. Russian is bearded and corpulent with nice coat, rich and modern. Cossak-Ukrainian is poorest, being bare chested :) but most heroic, in trance :) All historically correct ; ... hopefully funny anlysis.... next thing i noticed is that words on 3 languages (outdated mostly, except Serbian) have error exactly in Serbian language i.e. it is writen "svetlijih" instead of "svetijih" i think IIRC. Regarding English word "holy" and whole text is "brother ties are most holy" ....not so deeply or much religious myself but even without religion or with different religious, we are still sisters and i love you ;)

....and so, that's the "touristic" and apolitical story i promised, very nice again.... I go now, always welcome for me and contact me for anything (including that room offer)) plus my idea is to join together and then have common voting caucus or block in the future, impressing others.... but i am open for different views and proposals :lol ...you are welcome, your eternal slave with most aproppriate name, my babes... (sorry if something was untasteful in today times, but all true i said in those 10s posts)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-03-01 17:25, Tuesday

being able to watch and understand Russian and Ukrainian stations, news, shows in such situation is, as I said, great strength... and I don't even need any schools, translators or anything, it's natural. Must say that talks or mentions about "ww3" are not few on any side - so I appeal to worlds "elites" (if not totally dumbed down by orgies, parties and money talks) and appeal to any brain still left to take it seriously.... yeah, it is obvious that I, like small (and "evil") Serb can't appeal to Russians and Ukrainians :) but use your head if anything in them left. Making paralels with ww1 or ww2 or this or that is useless and subjective (so maybe ww1 as it was "annexation" and few years later WW by one power of the time against small country which was by coincidence Serbia)) and leads to nowhere - and remember that it is not 1941, 39 not 1914, it is 2022 and armed forces are different ;

so yes, sadly it is 2022... and who would say (though wars are many around the world) that our former frontier and settlement will be "on some frontiers" again in 2022 and that war will come to "our lands" :) ....Slavyano-Serbsk or Sloveno-Serbsk is lovely, with charm and worth saying hello to almost 300 years later... much more charming and desirable for rest than some Dubai, Belgrade tall buildings, NY or else :) just relaxation and hugging villagers saying you are Serb.... a bit more as i like the subject and place... one of the churches in town before it was restored and after restoration, it was restored before of some football competition more than 10 years ago... can't say who built it historically and is there some obvious Serb influence and i didn't research or ask myself, but one can notice similarities with our "Romano-Byzantine-Raški" style and elements present on many churches from Nemanjić era (to many to mention)... must add new look is from the outside very nice and I like obvious change and adding of "Russian or east-Slavic" architectural moments and domes, making it now also some sort of mix like we did 1000 years ago in our architecture :yes

second photo for fun is "center of the city" :) caffe-bar "Korona" but named as such much before - now forgotten ;) - virus and all... Great place to pick up some girls :lol .... as said charming and lovely place, great it exsists, and my warm greetings to locals for preserving it.... looked at names of people living there and couldn't find many last names that one could relate to some Serb names, but long time ago and people went in and out... do visit once if able, just sit in caffe and say "Serbs arrived again" :) best wishes to town and all our old countries as well :) and keep us on your hand like little water in desert, we didn't forget you as well... i share my knowledge on other places as well, but why not in this place as well it symply cries for some stories )

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-03-02 15:36, Wednesday

I promised to leave it alone and really should, but somehow I lack true finish or true point on such important subject and situation and there is always something to add... so I add, as human and as Serb (which doesn't make me superior to anyone) duty.... could be said that war is there and even such small countries like mine are in them, luckily in "war" without weapons and blood, as is.

might be small but we have rich historical examples to learn from.... occured to me how many volunteers joined our forces once, long time ago in various times... in the middle ages, in XIX c, during ww1. Sometimes they were mostly westerners like in middle ages, sometimes they were both westerners and even more Russians (and Bulgarians) like during XIX c and so on and forth.... Oh, how noble and bright we are because of that and how we ended 500-200-100 years later :lol or to remember Metternich (one of the most important Austrian i.e. Habsburg house politicians of XIX, if never heard) who somehow "respected Serbs" and considered them important in defense of "something" (should we call it some civilization, meaning that everyone outside is barbarian?) but at the same time considered that same "Serb defenders" as (his words) - "wild as some Tatars" :lol although same tribe had already many traders, cultural workers and future scientist among its ranks etc. Or medieval Austrian princess who would rather die than marry "some barbaric king from the east" :) who wanted her (our king/emperor Dušan) ....or on "our side" I remembered our most famous criminal figure from the history nicknamed Arkan who once said (maybe even to BBC, too unimportant to look and search such figure and video) "I like America more than Russia" :lol ....and so on and on..... so yes, citizens of Serbia do not take part in war, digital, because it is not place for you, my appeal (...and not take my words as some "anti-Germanism" I just gave funny historical examples we had, because we had no other..... actually Wrangel, Russian nationalist, was by origin and birth German and he had chosen to sleep forever in Serbia etc etc and many German girls prefer Serbs above all))

after watching both Russian and Ukrainian - my readers from that country should know that our TV and internet providers included Ukrainian TVs in packages since recently, while Russian's are present long, which is great and hope both stay for long and we even increase ties in every way - i learnt some things.... not only "war" some of our citizens take part in, digital one... but also about that we are one of the few countries were simple Russians are welcome and from where they can return safely and with hug to their country.... those are often people with kids, girls, women and we can transport them. Very nice.... or should we put them in dungeons or kill them on the spot....

so how to finish properly.... i love you Russia and greateful for preservation and consider your people at least 10x more "civilized" than own :lol (not about wars and who killed how many, but simply historically, culturally and how much you loved us sometimes more than ourselves) - personally would rather kill myself than taking part in a war against you. Ukraine my love too :lol I support you in joining anything you wish, but my view and political stand in the future (if we have any future)) will be in reciprocity, so i do not support something that will be unfriendly or offensive in any way, same for you and defend your stand and "interest" as needed... i didn't make a single provocative nor bloodthirsty post anywhere, nor a single call for battle since 2014... and not even being pacifist nor some quasi-Lenon myself :) and I'm proud i didn't. now i think I made some solid clear points and adressed our babes properly. As for Serbs and all citizens - think about yourself, your prices, comunal bills above all and not only about center of Belgrade, think about whole country, and if you really have to think about others (like I do) be constructive, not vampiric.... USA, now since middle of XX c so important unlike ever in history - do open arms and legs, for start by free travel and lowering your prices for us to taste you :lol Take care all, love our babes, always there to help till death like you did and without provoking anything, nothing is same, same is nothing.... atoms we were, atoms we will be :lol just joking, i'm joking because i like you... of course I'm democratic person and governments should be "servants of the people" but I don't see much of them around, and certainly not in majority of planet..... of course we should be neutral in perfect world (non-existing) but how neutral really, like Swiss or Sweden during ww2, cooperating with evil-ones or neutral like we were in some times in history when they crushed us anyway :) ...... etc etc etc As most important in whole post are first few sentences on this last paragraph and my political stance, and what I said about media sphere - yes give them Russian news, give them American and now give them Ukrainian news, good move :yes ....really try to leave it, but with some "diplomatic clearence" to all readers in that 2, my babes ; ....same fact that i find it important and time wasting to talk so much about you (but will try to finish) and often giving "erotic charm" to my words is proof of the fact how much i love you, so do not mind me.... and do not mind eventual people from my country talking nonsense, they are aware how old, semi-independent and inefective their country is, so sometimes there is nonsense towards both of you.... we are currently in the whole and waiting, best description of our position :)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-03-03 20:34, Thursday

one more comment, last one .....of course, "knowing situation" "knowing land" and caring about I could do it almost daily but i'm out and finished my posts.... and sent my messages

looked at mister Russian general (sadly I didn't look at rank, so I made it short as general, but looks civilized man anyway) who is reporting daily and his mention of some volunteers, mercs. From Croatia this time, not sure if Croats or Ukrainians from Croatia.... BBC (again) reported about some Serbs in 2014 to scare the world :) and so on.... not so crucial but enough for me to comment .... yeah some will say it is propaganda but we all seen them in 2014, both some Serbs and Croats.... i followed situation a lot back then and people were so confused that even some villagers thought that "some Serbs" are against them :) ...of course no matter how much i liked foreigners in some historical wars on our side, now of course in 2022 my message is clear - do not go there until specifically called by someone to help, not to kill...

difference is that Serb (i think there are no now, as Russians said they use only professionals now) taking part on some side after some capture of town has nothing to ruin and vandalize, Ukraine being orthodox mostly.... but just imagine Croat extreme nationalist capturing monument and small town I mentioned, with "Serb" in it... momental vandalization or destruction of monument with Serbian kirilik letters and text on it :lol

but in any way, i finished subject and made really good and touching previous post... just wanted to comment this. so get away from another's people heritage and ties it is gonna be touristic center of incredible importance once with airport and daily flight from Serbia.... :yes

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2022-03-14 13:06, Monday

....often Russians talk about that event and our short conflict with NATO - including high ranking officials - and while I respect their care and will always repeat that it is only European power in history that never directed a single artillery round on our cities (except end of ww2 when they battled with Germans) and was our great help - even more it is only European power that made us European, historically and paradoxically.... what I "dislike" is that usually mention only Belgrade, but there are other cities that seen casualties and sh*tty weapons used, like Niš and many more in central Serbia, northern... but as i said we try to leave it behind, but this is just for some not to feel less important... as is fact that no "Yugoslavia" was in conflict with NATO (while country called itself that way) it was de facto Serbia and Montenegro (or Serbia alone).... as said it happened, demonisation happened, our actions and crimes happened as well but we try to look in front... yes Russians you can talk it if you wish, but do not consider just Belgrade center ; .... if important in 2022 at all anymore...

in that light and other forum activity, Para et all, must say positive effect of recent crisis and war is that I do not care much about sport for example, and how many goals some player scored in Juventus or baskets other player scored in the NBA etc... and in advance do not care much about upcoming WC we are to take part in ; .... while 2 of the biggest countries on continent are in war, and on top it doesn't matter how big "slavjančina" I am as it is gonna influence lives and living standard once some :banana elections pass even more.... but being of that ethno-linguistical group, i care even more of course...

very bad, very sad, and to use your words - "sve vas pokarati" .... where, how, when it ends anybody knows really... i do not. All i know that you are putting us in deep "šit" sisters.... and it is just fair as we put you in one as well 108 years ago with "Yugosarmatia" project ...................... :lol ...if anything funny in whole thing. and again, my feelings to simple people suffering, esp. all your women.... our journalists asked both Russian and Ukrainian ambassadors few times "what we can do?" and answer was "nothing." .... only Belarussian ambassador said "vote for us as most beautiful..." .... ;