John le Carré 1931-2020

Place of the offtopic, funny or interesting threads, discussions about history, politics, movies and other war games.

Moderator: von Schweinewitz

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

John le Carré 1931-2020

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2020-12-14 18:43, Monday

Became famous for his espionage themed books...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_le_Carr%C3%A9

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: John le Carré 1931-2020

Post by Ale » 2020-12-14 21:08, Monday

so yeah, read "your" article more out of boredom :) than need and desire.... probably good writer - not some mentionable fan of the genre, but political views and controversies catched my eye there... typical representative of philosophy where attacking, insulting and giving labels to be put on someones forehead is alright, but at the same time proponent of idea that nobody has right to attack "great religion" i.e. backwarded set of rules with a lot of discrimination and rigid patriarchy, as I see it and if I may so, like many other "great religions"...

everywhere where people have more right and minorities have more opportunities than (both life and economical, in many cases) in their countries of origin there is "fascicm, rascism and all sort of evil".... one example - yeah I'm not fan of Brexit niether (but it's not my problem nor decision, it belongs to Brits as choice) nor am i fan of walls and not giving refugee - but I'm also not fan of "open legs and arms" policies ; nor there are absolute rights, for example right of movement or settling in another country... one example is that Greek police officers had every right (and nobody protested around the world) to stop and return home Serb family which even paid for their trip and stay in some country, in the same time giving smile and green light to (for example) British family this summer ;) because their government decided that Serb citizens are not allowed because of health issues....... yeah i'm often joking a lot but my general notion is clear, just do not overreact and do not look for fascism and racism in everything. Becuse then those non-tolerant to the core and totally unliberal, like many countries with Islamic laws (this is just example, one can take corrupt African states as well) are somehow pardoned (and weaponised), that's how it looks like if there is "raging fascism and racism" in Europe and US....

in artistic sense rip, though not my genre strictly.