Microphone Problem

Place of the offtopic, funny or interesting threads, discussions about history, politics, movies and other war games.

Moderator: von Schweinewitz

Major Heinz
Kadet
Kadet

Microphone Problem

Post by Major Heinz » 2021-04-22 14:58, Thursday

I've had problems with my microphone for about two weeks. It started when I tried my new mic. I found that it was way too quiet and the sound sounded awful (see my recent videos :irate ). I have already tried all of the settings. I now know that I bought a condenser microphone, which my PC may be too bad for. That's why I ordered a USB audio device, as it can significantly improve the quality of these microphones. But what surprises me: I then used my old microphone again and it suddenly has the same sound problems. My knowledge of computers and technology is very limited, so I hope someone here can answer two questions for me:
1. If the problem is not the microphone but the sound card, is it correct that the problems persist even with a USB audio device?
2. Besides installing a new sound card, is there any other way to solve the problem?

sympatyk
Major
Major

Re: Microphone Problem

Post by sympatyk » 2021-04-22 18:54, Thursday

:howdy
If drivers have been installed with new hardware (microphone) -> they need to be removed
Before doing so, check the recording devices installed on your computer - their properties
Right-click on the speaker on the taskbar ... and see what you can do

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-04-22 23:43, Thursday

Did you have problems with your old mic before you bought the new one?
Maybe you can not operate a old internal hardware soundcard and a external USB soundcard at the same time?
You can also check amazon customer questions about microphones like yours. I mean the section with costomer questions answered by other customers.
Image Slava Ukraini!

Major Heinz
Kadet
Kadet

Post by Major Heinz » 2021-04-23 00:04, Friday

:howdy Thank you, for your help. I have tried to deinstall both micros and then reinstalled the old one. Nothing has changed. It is still too quiet. So, the problem is probably the sound card. I don`t know if the Behringer will do the job of the sound card and so the new micro will get better with the Audio Interface. :dunno