Elizabeth II - 1926 - 2022

Place of the offtopic, funny or interesting threads, discussions about history, politics, movies and other war games.

Moderator: von Schweinewitz

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Elizabeth II - 1926 - 2022

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2022-09-08 18:25, Thursday

The Queen is dead!
Long live the King!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izalo2wxYUg
Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary
Henry Purcell

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Elizabeth II - 1926 - 2022

Post by Ale » 2022-09-08 21:07, Thursday

my condols, though very old age and natural death. Yes, Charles finally king :) some say he might be, depends of health, first king of indie England after long time... you know what i think about it and Scotland, but others/citizens decide - we just send troops and weapons if things go wrong.

seriously, I'd imagine if history were more "smooth" and stable here she would be very respected, while there is no special "disrespect" either... this way and with history as was, nothing special as figure in modern times. Yet, much Her father though was often guest here and even godfather on some marriages and child births of toppled king etc... but I'm not special royalist (would be if that matters today and if history was more stable as said) and talking from Serb perspective, so just short "vivisection" not without disrespect and hopefully king Charles will do his job, including visa-free & more "blondes" for us, who likes ) I talk as i talk, but hopefully I analized it right/honestly/respectfully and without harm in relations... as said, probably important figure domestically and for her country international image (not on me to judge) so I gladly commented, with own angle due to things and history which were anybody's fault, it is just history of Europe... one anecdote for the end, she personally knew story and theory that Churchill was "half-Serb" (by king Milan) and laughed gladly on it :)