Monster Tank Challenges (MTCs) were originally developped on older forums/message boards for PG2.
The idea was to play together a specific campaign and grow a (core) tank with as many kills as possible.
On the JP's forums this was also played from time to time. Golothin recently revived the idea and some popular interest arose. Some screenshots and discussion (the latter partially in German, partially in English) can be found in this thread.
As for the revive, the following categories are "official" for the "hero" units:
- tank with the most kills
- tank with the most XP
- fighter with the most aircraft kills
Additional rules might be announced for specific challenges. This could include one or more of these:
- tank leader for the (only for the starting tank, rest of units shall get random leaders, as usual)
- fire at will = no specific rules
- Prestige (aka Difficulty) Settings for player and/or AI
- all BVs (if possible; example some older campaigns require a specific type of victory for campaign paths and of course it can happen that players don't achieve a BV in a specific scenario, because of its difficulty)
- more to be announced
In order to qualify for the statistics, a screenshot for each "hero" unit is required, like this:
As you can see, the Flak/Fort/Transport/Level Bomber/Naval classes are all missing - due to engine limitations.
To keep everything simple, each participant should open a separte thread for his/her reports, with a fitting topic title.
Approximate timeframe at the moment is 4 months, but noone will complain if it takes 1-2 weeks longer.
In order for everyone to have the same starting conditions, it is allowed to add a leader to the starting tank. The type of leader will be specified for each MTC.
The purpose and reward for participation: lots of fun
(the winner gets to choose the next campaign, leader and rules)