CC#24 - French Campaign @100 (from Darek's PG2 archives)

French Campaign 1940-45 by Steve Brown for Builder Paradise Efile.

Moderator: Parabellum

panzerdarek
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

CC#24 - French Campaign @100 (from Darek's PG2 archives)

Post by panzerdarek » 2021-09-16 21:00, Thursday

Yet another Steve Brown's "piece of cake" form my archives. This time with some pictures for a change (I very rarely placed screenshots in my AARs, but in this one for some reason did that, probably mobilized by other participants, like Gixian and Devils Brigade, which played CC24 together with me).

Darek’s CC#24 at 100
French Campaign v.2.5 (Steve Brown), with BP efile, using PG2 2.20 exe, completed in Sept'2010

1. Laon

I knew from my previous try that this battle may be difficult but couldn't remember much about it, so did some intel research looking into DB's and Doug's AARs, which were completed recently. Afterward I had some imagination about coming battle and knew that the speed is most important factor here.

Anyway, despite some preparation, I stopped my first attempt, when two units sent to capture northern VH were surprised about 8th turn by strong enemy attack and badly beaten. I restarted the battle with slightly modified army setup then.

In the second try for initial prestige I purchased small arty with truck and two cavalry units. That group, which could advance with good speed, was sent to the northernmost German VH. Auxiliaries were split on two groups. Three bigger tanks with one infantry directed to the eastern objective, when two small tanks with one infantry and one arty went to the centre. Several auxiliary reinforcements which came later during the battle were not able to participate in it due to its shortness, so they didn't fight at all.

All three objectives were attacked and captured rather quickly, the last central one in 7th turn. Two aux fighters worked only in TB role all the time, softening VH defenders. When the battle was finished I noted that my extra prestige announced didn't arrived yet (according to briefing, it should come in turn 8, so I was too fast) and I lost a lot of cash. In that situation I reloaded the autosave game and decided to play the 7th turn once again. I cleared the last VH, but left it empty this time. In the next enemy turn Germans counterattacked strongly, and one of my cavalry units was killed in the northern area. Despite that loss, I withstood the rest of attacks and in the next 8th turn killed a SPAD, which entered the empty VH in the meantime. Got BV again, in turn #8 this time, and was awarded with regular Infantry proto.
It was no need to buy anything in the last turn, so I left that extra prestige for the future battle.

Result: BV (-4T) / Proto: Infantry
My forces before the next battle: :sherman
Campaign: FRENCH CAMPAIGN, 1940-45 , Prestige modifier 100% , V-2.0 formula
Current scenario: Amiens-Abbeville , VH prestige is 80 , All hex prestige is 400
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 684
Total Army Cost: 444 , Current prestige is 1856
BV: 600 , Kufra , cap 2690 , 9 turn prestige: 0
V : 600 , Kufra , cap 2690 , 13 turn prestige: 0
TV: 600 , Kufra , cap 2690 , 18 turn prestige: 0
Ls: Loss , turn prestige: 0

Infantry
1 Cav Bde/FF , Cuirassiers , 0 bars , 23 exp , 1 kill , 192 pp
2 Cav Bde/FF, KIA
* 1 Inf Rgt/FF (*) , Infantry[MCG-5] , 0 bars , 0 exp , 0 kill , 0 pp

Artillery
1 Art Bty/FF , 75mm C mle97[Truck] , 0 bars , 10 exp , 0 kill , 252 pp

Killed: AD 1 , AT 1 , ATY 0 , INF 2 , REC 1 , TK 1 , FTR 0 , TB 0 , Total: 6
Lost : AD 0 , AT 0 , ATY 0 , INF 2 , REC 0 , TK 1 , FTR 0 , TB 0 , Total: 3

2. Amiens-Abbeville

Before the battle sold cavalry and upgraded infantry proto to Engineer. Purchased 3 mountain troops and another small arty (all with horses) as well as nice fat tank and a fighter.

I deployed my Moto division (all three units) behind the central VH. They were supported by one aux long range 105mm gun and three tanks (counting thin British Cruisers). This group after initial defending of their VH, directed later to the north, to the farthest German objective. They avoided any engagements during their trip till the VH area was reached. Some fight and serious artillery bombardment was needed before objective was cleared and captured.

My Mountain division (all four units) was deployed on the left flank. It went straight to the east with one aux 105mm L gun assistance, with simple plan to cross the river and attack enemy eastern VH from the south. The rest of auxiliaries in this area went ordinary way along the road, passing mines and fighting with some attackers, mainly tanks. They made a lot of noise there and took heavy losses, as only one unit from the group survived at the end, close to the bridgehead. My mountain group, after smashing one nasty 88mm AT gun, approached eastern VH and attacked. The task was not easy, as my troops were significantly worn after previous fighting and the VH was defended by couple infantry units and supported by arty (luckily only 3 points strength). When I took the VH, my infantries left only with 1/2/5 sp. there.

Despite quick advance with attacking forces I must take care about my both initial VHs, which were attacked by Germans regularly to the end of battle. Luckily some auxiliary reinforcements came later, which helped to secure my central VH area.

As I said, both enemy objectives were successfully captured, and it was done exactly in the same 11th round, which achievement didn't allow to score BV, exceeding its limit by two turns.

Result: V (BV+2)
Current scenario: Kufra , VH prestige is 160 , All hex prestige is 160
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 2496
Total Army Cost: 2028 , Current prestige is 662
BV: 600 , Bir Hakeim , cap 3000 , 15 turn prestige: 510
V : 600 , Bir Hakeim , cap 3000 , 22 turn prestige: 510
TV: 600 , Bir Hakeim , cap 3000 , 25 turn prestige: 510
Ls: 600 , Kufra , cap 2690 , 25 turn prestige: 510

Infantry
* E/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 0 bars , 67 exp , 1 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 0 bars , 22 exp , 1 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 0 bars , 72 exp , 1 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 0 bars , 36 exp , 1 kill , 180 pp

Tank
1/2.Mot/FF , B1-bis , 0 bars , 55 exp , 5 kill , 540 pp

Artillery
A/2.Mot/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Truck] , 0 bars , 49 exp , 0 kill , 252 pp
A/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 0 bars , 24 exp , 0 kill , 180 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF , D.520 , 0 bars , 98 exp , 3 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 3 , AT 5 , ATY 2 , INF 9 , REC 5 , TK 5 , FTR 2 , TB 0 , Total: 31
Lost : AD 0 , AT 2 , ATY 0 , INF 3 , REC 0 , TK 2 , FTR 0 , TB 0 , Total: 7

3. Kufra

Before the battle purchased 2 Infantry units with tracked transport and Panchard recon. During the battle added next tank, when surprisingly found some extra “in scenario” prestige in the wallet.

First of all, I knew what is prepared here, as this scenario was my first ever battle in the past where I met that nice 40 hex spotting radar bunker. My fighter purchase was done mainly for purpose of this battle, to give some cover for my traveling units. That worked well, as my D.520 shot down 4 or 5 Italian fighters and got a leader by the way. Each time just single shot was needed to kill 5 sp. enemy plane.

My core units were deployed in three prepared areas, one hex on the SW (marked C), two hexes on the east (B) and around my southern VH/SH (A).

From “zone C” started one of new infantries. It promptly reached and took empty German VH on the middle west in the 3rd turn (then the map was saved) and spent there several rounds defending it against weak enemy attack. Two Italian infantry units came to adjacent hexes but didn't dare to attack seeing my entrenched Infantry – they just waited. Anyway, I wasn't happy with that situation and sent aux bomber to help secure that area. After some bombardment and infantry attacks enemy Engineer was killed and Bersaglieri damaged. When auxiliary reinforcements, two cavalry units, came later from the south, they finished it and replaced my core Infantry in defender role. That allowed my unit to go further to the north and participate in final assault of NW objective.

From “B” started my new recon and arty with truck, when from “C” all tracked units, B1 tank, Engineer and Infantry with MCG. They didn't fight with mines and ATs which blocked the way, just bypassed them from the east. Both groups joined and directed Kufra going along main road. They made long queue, as Infantry half-tracks were faster than wheeled units, and slowest tank left far behind. Before Kufra some resupplying was needed, which cost some time, but wasn't effective due to sand and must be repeated quickly. Kufra VH was attacked by my Engineer directly from the south, when Infantry made some detour capturing an airfield and approached enemy bunker settled in the town from the north. Several turns were needed to clear enemy VH, which was done in 15th (last of BV limit). My tank didn't participate in that operation, but was sent in advance to the northern VH passing Kufra and other obstacles from the SW. It reached that objective in 17th turn, blowing out defending AT which allowed to finish the battle.
Some auxiliary reinforcements which appeared later on the east were not able to reach Kufra on time to participate in attack, so they didn't help at all.

The last important battle aspect was fight for my initial VH with the airfield on the south. I deployed there my slow Mountain division, which kept the position against intensive enemy attacks till the end. Plenty of Italian units appeared close to this objective after several battle turns. Luckily I noted over 600 pp in the bank, so purchased additional B1 tank immediately. It helped a lot overrunning many attackers.

As I wrote, last VH was captured in 17th turn, so I got regular victory again. In addition my fighter and arty got CS leaders.

Result: V (BV+2)
Current scenario: Bir Hakeim , VH prestige is 80 , All hex prestige is 120
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 3648
Total Army Cost: 3180 , Current prestige is 81
BV: 600 , Fondouk el Aouareb , cap 3300 , 0 turn prestige: 0
V : 600 , Fondouk el Aouareb , cap 3300 , 1 turn prestige: 0
TV: 600 , Fondouk el Aouareb , cap 3300 , 18 turn prestige: 0

Infantry
Sand Runner 1 , Infantry @A[MCG-5] , 0 bars , 78 exp , 1 kill , 240 pp
Sand Runner 2 , Infantry @A[MCG-5] , 0 bars , 14 exp , 0 kill , 240 pp
* E/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 1 bars , 155 exp , 1 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 0 bars , 76 exp , 3 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 0 bars , 92 exp , 1 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 0 bars , 85 exp , 1 kill , 180 pp

Tank
, B1-bis , 0 bars , 79 exp , 8 kill , 540 pp
1/2.Mot/FF , B1-bis , 0 bars , 83 exp , 8 kill , 540 pp

Recon
R/2.Mot/FF , Panhard 178 , 0 bars , 66 exp , 2 kill , 132 pp

Artillery
A/2.Mot/FF (CS) , 75mm C mle97 @A[Truck] , 1 bars , 104 exp , Combat Support , 0 kill , 252 pp
A/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 0 bars , 78 exp , 0 kill , 180 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 2 bars , 209 exp , Combat Support , 8 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 4 , AT 6 , ATY 3 , INF 19 , REC 7 , TK 9 , FTR 7 , TB 0 , Total: 55
Lost : AD 1 , AT 2 , ATY 0 , INF 3 , REC 0 , TK 2 , FTR 0 , TB 1 , Total: 9

4. Bir Hakeim

Before the battle sold less experienced Infantry and purchased nice range-3 walking AD gun.

This was defensive scenario, hold your position as long as possible and run type (static battle, so no map needed).
I deployed both tanks, both arties, AD gun and all three mountain infantries on my VH perimeter. Excessive units, recon and both remaining infantries with MCGs, were deployed in isolated area on the north. I was still able to put my recon into battle, as it went out of this trap and travel across whole map to join my defending group on the south.

First my position was attacked by German planes. I used my AD and fighter to deal with them. New AD gained some experience but D.520 was badly damaged after couple of duels with Me-109, Me-110 and Stukas. Later enemy ground units appeared, first Italian then German as well. I fought several rounds, but finally decided to evacuate when both tanks were at 3 sp and fighter only at 2. Strong Me-109 repaired by AI returned at full strength, so I could lose my weakened fighter if continued. Got mandatory TV in 12th turn, collected some experience and one new leader for infantry.

Result: TV (T#12)
Current scenario: Fondouk el Aouareb , VH prestige is 0 , All hex prestige is 0
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 3720
Total Army Cost: 3252 , Current prestige is 89
BV: 600 , Faid , cap 3300 , 5 turn prestige: 0
V : 600 , Faid , cap 3300 , 9 turn prestige: 0
TV: 600 , Faid , cap 3300 , 11 turn prestige: 0
Ls: 800 , Pont-du-Fahs 1 , cap 3500 , 11 turn prestige: 0

Infantry
Sand Runner 1 , Infantry @A[MCG-5] , 0 bars , 78 exp , 1 kill , 240 pp
* E/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 1 bars , 155 exp , 1 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 0 bars , 76 exp , 3 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 1 bars , 118 exp , Shock Tactics , 2 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 0 bars , 85 exp , 1 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF , B1-bis , 1 bars , 185 exp , 11 kill , 540 pp
1/2.Mot/FF , B1-bis , 1 bars , 158 exp , 10 kill , 540 pp

Recon
R/2.Mot/FF , Panhard 178 , 1 bars , 127 exp , 4 kill , 132 pp

Artillery
A/2.Mot/FF (CS) , 75mm C mle97 @A[Truck] , 1 bars , 148 exp , Combat Support , 0 kill , 252 pp
A/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 0 bars , 92 exp , 0 kill , 180 pp

Air Defense
F/1.Alp/FF , 75mm Mle32 @A[Wagon] , 0 bars , 59 exp , 0 kill , 312 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 2 bars , 290 exp , Combat Support , 10 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 4 , AT 6 , ATY 6 , INF 21 , REC 10 , TK 9 , FTR 7 , TB 2 , Total: 65

5. Fondouk el Aouareb

Before the battle slightly OS'ed some units, spending whole 86 pp on that, so only 3 pp left in my bank.

Seeing two Stukas hovering above my two VHs in the SE area, I deployed my AD gun with one mountain infantry there in two hexes available, hoping they help defenders to keep position until reinforcements from the west arrive. Remaining two mountain troops with their arty were deployed around middle north VH, together with one B1 tank. The rest of units started from middle west and SW area, having quite long distance to travel.

The battle went easy, as I knew about Steve's hidden VH trick from my previous attempts and some AARs reading. At least, I decided don't reveal the secret completely and will not publish the battle plan here.

The southern pass VHs were secured after three Stukas eliminating by AD/fighters attacks, what saved strength of defending units to deal with enemy ground units. Both objectives were still in my hands when the battle was over, despite my units from the west didn't fight at all.
The northwestern objective was attacked only by Italian recon, but it met AT gun on its way and after ambushing was killed in the next turn. The tank went first to this area, but seeing that situation is clear directed to the south to help mountain task group, which came in SE direction and met Italian infantry units in turn 2 on the way. Those Italians activated hidden VH, so I could attack it straight in my 3rd turn with the tank and two infantries. Fat tank overran all three enemy units there scoring a leader, so the battle was over before really started. After quick BV got American heavy tank proto as reward.

I'm practically on the cap now, so got no cash and left with my poor 3 pp in hand. Having that new proto I have possibility to modify my core and lower its value.

Result: BV (-2T) / Proto: M5A1
Current scenario: Faid , VH prestige is 80 , All hex prestige is 120
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 4158
Total Army Cost: 3306 , Current prestige is 3
BV: 600 , Pont-du-Fahs 1 , cap 3500 , 9 turn prestige: 0
V : 600 , Pont-du-Fahs 1 , cap 3500 , 11 turn prestige: 0
TV: 800 , Pont-du-Fahs 2 , cap 3500 , 15 turn prestige: 0

Infantry
Sand Runner 1 , Infantry @A[MCG-5] , 0 bars , 94 exp , 10 curr , 1 kill , 240 pp
* E/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 1 bars , 170 exp , 10 curr , 1 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 0 bars , 97 exp , 10 curr , 3 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 1 bars , 118 exp , 11 curr , Shock Tactics , 2 kill , 197 pp
3/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 0 bars , 85 exp , 10 curr , 1 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , B1-bis , 2 bars , 209 exp , 10 curr , Infiltration Tactics , 14 kill , 540 pp
1/2.Mot/FF , B1-bis , 1 bars , 167 exp , 10 curr , 12 kill , 540 pp
* Proto , M5A1 , 0 bars , 0 exp , 10 curr , 0 kill , 0 pp

Recon
R/2.Mot/FF , Panhard 178 , 1 bars , 127 exp , 11 curr , 4 kill , 145 pp

Artillery
A/2.Mot/FF (CS) , 75mm C mle97 @A[Truck] , 1 bars , 148 exp , 11 curr , Combat Support , 0 kill , 276 pp
A/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 0 bars , 92 exp , 10 curr , 0 kill , 180 pp

Air Defense
F/1.Alp/FF , 75mm Mle32 @A[Wagon] , 0 bars , 79 exp , 10 curr , 1 kill , 312 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 3 bars , 309 exp , 10 curr , Combat Support , 11 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 4 , AT 6 , ATY 6 , INF 26 , REC 11 , TK 9 , FTR 7 , TB 5 , Total: 74

6. Faid

Before the battle I decided to lower my core value, so I sold the B1 tank w/o leader, upgraded prototype to the B1 again and for gained prestige purchased next 75mm arty with horses.

I deployed my mountain division (3 infantries, two arties and AD) with the green B1 assistance in the northern Faid VH perimeter, and the rest of my core was settled next to the central VH in the desert.

I was afraid of meeting with strong and experienced German units, so played carefully. I didn't push form the beginning on the north as well as in the center, waiting for enemy attack first. Initial defense in the northern area was easier due to good mountain terrain and massive artillery support, so I was able to deal with attackers easily (despite a Tiger lurking around) and organize counteroffensive couple of turns later.
Chase for a Tiger during the battle for Faid Pass.

Battle on the central VH perimeter was more difficult, as sandy terrain didn't provide good shelter for my infantry against armored enemy units. I noted that French infantry is clearly inferior to German or even Italian troops, which are more experienced to make things worse. I had only one arty for support in that area till American reinforcements arrived, so didn't dare to advance in the early stage of the battle focusing mainly on bouncing of subsequent German attacks. When Americans joined my units I directed finally to the enemy VH on the south, clearing the way thru several enemies going opposite way.

Coincidentally, both enemy objectives were captured in the same 10th turn, so BV was missed by a single one. If I took more risky approach the BV was obviously possible, but I consider this campaign as difficult and due to French equipment weakness I will try to preserve my experienced troops, which is more important than scoring best possible results. Despite ordinary Victory, I got three new leaders (for infantry, arty and tank). I don't suppose my new Liberator leader help me much, as in this campaign in scenario/hex prestige is very low. I wish I got something useful for a fighting instead.

Result: V (BV+1)
Current scenario: Pont-du-Fahs 1 , VH prestige is 0 , All hex prestige is 40
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 3900
Total Army Cost: 2892 , Current prestige is 608
BV: 400 , Pont-du-Fahs 2 , cap 3500 , 5 turn prestige: 100
V : 400 , Pont-du-Fahs 2 , cap 3500 , 8 turn prestige: 100
TV: 400 , Pont-du-Fahs 2 , cap 3500 , 11 turn prestige: 100
Ls: 1300 , Cassino , cap 4170 , 11 turn prestige: 100

Infantry
I/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Infantry @A[MCG-5] , 1 bars , 138 exp , 10 curr , Liberator , 2 kill , 240 pp
* E/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 2 bars , 224 exp , 10 curr , 1 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 1 bars , 143 exp , 10 curr , 5 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 1 bars , 175 exp , 10 curr , Shock Tactics , 5 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 1 bars , 146 exp , 10 curr , 1 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , B1-bis , 2 bars , 278 exp , 10 curr , Infiltration Tactics , 22 kill , 540 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , B1-bis , 1 bars , 102 exp , 10 curr , Street Fighter , 5 kill , 0 pp

Recon
R/2.Mot/FF , Panhard 178 , 1 bars , 191 exp , 10 curr , 4 kill , 132 pp

Artillery
A/2.Mot/FF (CS) , 75mm C mle97 @A[Truck] , 2 bars , 234 exp , 10 curr , Combat Support , 0 kill , 252 pp
12/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 0 bars , 73 exp , 10 curr , 0 kill , 180 pp
11/1.Alp/FF (Br) , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 1 bars , 181 exp , 10 curr , Bridging , 1 kill , 180 pp

Air Defense
F/1.Alp/FF , 75mm Mle32 @A[Wagon] , 1 bars , 103 exp , 10 curr , 2 kill , 312 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 3 bars , 372 exp , 10 curr , Combat Support , 13 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 7 , AT 7 , ATY 8 , INF 41 , REC 14 , TK 14 , FTR 9 , TB 8 , Total: 108
Lost : AD 1 , AT 4 , ATY 0 , INF 4 , REC 0 , TK 2 , FTR 1 , TB 1 , Total: 13
Last edited by panzerdarek on 2021-10-04 18:18, Monday, edited 1 time in total.
Image Darek22 / panzerdarek
since Jan'2002 with JP's
CC PG2/OG: 02/03/04/05/06/07/09/10/11/13/14/16/18/21/22/24/25/27/32/33/34/35/41/43/45/46/47/52/53/71
CC PG3D(A/SE): 08/09/12

panzerdarek
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: CC#24 - French Campaign (from Darek's PG2 archives)

Post by panzerdarek » 2021-09-16 21:03, Thursday

7. Pont-du-Fahs 1

Before the battle upgraded Infantry to Engineer and purchased 105mm arty.

Rather easy, short and small scale battle with straight plan. I deployed 2 mountain troops with 2 arties and tank on the east of river. The second group placed on the western side consisted of six units, 2 engineer, 2 arties, tank and AD gun.
The battle went smoothly, as both groups advanced gradually eliminating defenders on their way. My fighter with assistance of auxiliary Hurricane worked on enemy units softening, which was comfortable due to lack German air forced as well as Flaks. If I knew it before the battle, I could place my recon instead of useless AD. The last enemy VH in the center was captured exactly on time for BV, but no leaders or proto this time.

Result: BV (LT)
Current scenario: Pont-du-Fahs 2 , VH prestige is 400 , All hex prestige is 440
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 4440
Total Army Cost: 3432 , Current prestige is 132
BV: 1000 , Cassino , cap 4170 , 11 turn prestige: 0
V : 1000 , Cassino , cap 4170 , 15 turn prestige: 0
TV: 1000 , Cassino , cap 4170 , 19 turn prestige: 0

Infantry
E2/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 2 bars , 228 exp , Liberator , 3 kill , 468 pp
* E1/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 2 bars , 249 exp , 1 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 1 bars , 189 exp , 5 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 2 bars , 202 exp , Shock Tactics , 8 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 1 bars , 146 exp , 1 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , B1-bis , 3 bars , 324 exp , Infiltration Tactics , 26 kill , 540 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , B1-bis , 1 bars , 167 exp , Street Fighter , 9 kill , 0 pp

Recon
R/2.Mot/FF , Panhard 178 , 1 bars , 191 exp , 4 kill , 132 pp

Artillery
, 105mm C mle36[Wagon] , 0 bars , 20 exp , 0 kill , 312 pp
A/2.Mot/FF (CS) , 75mm C mle97 @A[Truck] , 2 bars , 281 exp , Combat Support , 1 kill , 252 pp
A2/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 0 bars , 83 exp , 0 kill , 180 pp
A1/1.Alp/FF (Br) , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 2 bars , 205 exp , Bridging , 1 kill , 180 pp

Air Defense
F/1.Alp/FF , 75mm Mle32 @A[Wagon] , 1 bars , 103 exp , 2 kill , 312 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 4 bars , 400 exp , Combat Support , 13 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 7 , AT 12 , ATY 10 , INF 47 , REC 14 , TK 14 , FTR 9 , TB 8 , Total: 121
Lost : AD 1 , AT 4 , ATY 0 , INF 4 , REC 0 , TK 2 , FTR 1 , TB 1 , Total: 13

8. Pont-du-Fahs 2

Before the battle did nothing at HQ.

At the first sight the battle map looked promising, as distance to go wasn't long and all enemy VHs were placed almost in line one by one. The river, which separated two deployment zones made natural axis of advance in NE direction to the furthermost Tunis objective. So, after deployment of my forces, which were split on two similar groups, I started (hoping for BV).

The group placed on the east took Pont-du-Fahs easily, then directed east staying on their side of the river.
On the opposite bank things turned nasty very soon. My advancing units were hammered by a row of deeply entrenched and unpleasantly positioned 88mm guns. Some units were killed, some reduced to 2 sp, so I must withdraw them quickly to safe place (didn't remember about radar) and they waited there to the end. My B1 tanks are great against infantry, but seems obsolete now, when must deal with R-2 German armor or ATs. Afterward I decided to modify my plan, so regrouped and withdrawn all units from that fatal side of the river, joining the eastern group.
That cost me some time, but at least my units formed bigger compact group covered by several arties. I advanced slowly in difficult terrain enhanced by minefields, but at least avoided core losses. I was not able to score even regular Victory struggling among mines, which was missed by one turn when I finally captured Tunis passing annoying R-40 radar bunker.
I spent several pp on mountain infantry repairs, so they fought intensively gaining a lot of experience and one new leader. Luckily I was right, as got my resources back after the battle according to cap setting, proving that investment was good decision.

Result: TV
Current scenario: Cassino , VH prestige is 80 , All hex prestige is 160
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 4440
Total Army Cost: 3432 , Current prestige is 738
BV: 600 , Operation Diadem , cap 4250 , 12 turn prestige: 200
V : 600 , Operation Diadem , cap 4250 , 19 turn prestige: 200
TV: 600 , Operation Diadem , cap 4250 , 22 turn prestige: 200
Ls: 600 , Operation Brassard , cap 4250 , 22 turn prestige: 200

Infantry
E2/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 2 bars , 246 exp , Liberator , 3 kill , 468 pp
* E1/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 3 bars , 322 exp , 3 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 3 bars , 347 exp , 5 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 2 bars , 244 exp , Shock Tactics , 8 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF (AM) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 2 bars , 244 exp , Aggressive Maneuver , 2 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , B1-bis , 3 bars , 388 exp , Infiltration Tactics , 31 kill , 540 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , B1-bis , 2 bars , 262 exp , Street Fighter , 18 kill , 0 pp

Recon
R/2.Mot/FF , Panhard 178 , 2 bars , 290 exp , 5 kill , 132 pp

Artillery
, 105mm C mle36[Wagon] , 1 bars , 148 exp , 0 kill , 312 pp
A/2.Mot/FF (CS) , 75mm C mle97 @A[Truck] , 3 bars , 381 exp , Combat Support , 3 kill , 252 pp
A2/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 1 bars , 129 exp , 2 kill , 180 pp
A1/1.Alp/FF (Br) , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 2 bars , 221 exp , Bridging , 1 kill , 180 pp

Air Defense
F/1.Alp/FF , 75mm Mle32 @A[Wagon] , 1 bars , 123 exp , 2 kill , 312 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 4 bars , 477 exp , Combat Support , 14 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 9 , AT 15 , ATY 14 , INF 58 , REC 15 , TK 17 , FTR 10 , TB 8 , Total: 146
Lost : AD 1 , AT 5 , ATY 0 , INF 7 , REC 0 , TK 2 , FTR 2 , TB 3 , Total: 20

9. Cassino

Before the battle upgraded two 75mm guns to self propelled M8 and OSed them for the rest of prestige.

This was definitely small scale battle, even if is located on rather big map. Advancing step by step my units cleared gradually the way from obstacles and defenders. Mountain troops, purchased long time ago specially for this Italian adventure, helped to deal with nasty Gebirgsjaegers, all packed to 5 bars and entrenched in VHs or running crazy around.
Unfortunately I lost my old recon, which was surprised by sudden air attack, when four German bombers appeared. After big damage caused by FW's strike poor Panchard was finished by Gebirgsjaeger.
BV was close, but missed it by one turn.

So I passed half way now – I hope the rest of this CC will be like downhill since now.

Current scenario: Operation Diadem , VH prestige is 480 , All hex prestige is 600
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 4805
Total Army Cost: 3797 , Current prestige is 453
BV: 600 , Operation Brassard , cap 4250 , 13 turn prestige: 100
V : 600 , Operation Brassard , cap 4250 , 18 turn prestige: 100
TV: 600 , Operation Brassard , cap 4250 , 23 turn prestige: 100
Ls: Loss , turn prestige: 100

Infantry
E2/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 3 bars , 380 exp , 10 curr , Liberator , 3 kill , 468 pp
* E1/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 3 bars , 359 exp , 10 curr , 3 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 3 bars , 380 exp , 10 curr , 7 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 3 bars , 379 exp , 10 curr , Shock Tactics , 10 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF (AM) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 3 bars , 337 exp , 10 curr , Aggressive Maneuver , 3 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , B1-bis , 4 bars , 493 exp , 10 curr , Infiltration Tactics , 35 kill , 540 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , B1-bis , 3 bars , 353 exp , 10 curr , Street Fighter , 23 kill , 0 pp

Recon
R/2.Mot/FF , Panhard 178 - KIA

Artillery
A3/1.Alp/FF , 105mm C mle36[Wagon] , 1 bars , 199 exp , 10 curr , 0 kill , 312 pp
A/2.Mot/FF (CS) , M8 75mm M2 , 4 bars , 479 exp , 13 curr , Combat Support , 4 kill , 483 pp
A2/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 2 bars , 235 exp , 10 curr , 2 kill , 180 pp
A1/1.Alp/FF (Br) , M8 75mm M2 , 3 bars , 343 exp , 12 curr , Bridging , 1 kill , 446 pp

Air Defense
F/1.Alp/FF , 75mm Mle32 @A[Wagon] , 1 bars , 164 exp , 10 curr , 2 kill , 312 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 5 bars , 533 exp , 10 curr , Combat Support , 15 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 10 , AT 20 , ATY 17 , INF 66 , REC 15 , TK 17 , FTR 10 , TB 12 , Total: 167
Lost : AD 1 , AT 5 , ATY 0 , INF 12 , REC 1 , TK 2 , FTR 3 , TB 3 , Total: 27

10. Operation Diadem

Before the battle purchased 3 inch AT gun and M8 recon.

I deployed my whole Mountain division (7 units) on the west bank of river, with a task to hold two VHs there against initial enemy attack, which was expected. I noted nice auxiliary 155mm gun on the opposite side of water, which I hoped to use widely, but soon my excitement was cooled when I saw it has assigned bunker as a transport.
My fast division was deployed in between two big groups of auxiliaries, around supply hex.

As I expected my exposed front position was attacked promptly by German infantry. I kept my defensive line several turns repealing consecutive enemy attempts to break it. I sent my air wing to help surrounded mountaineers, and it was right on time, as two cats appeared damaging my small arty on the front. Luckily the were low strength (only 4 sp), but with good leaders and highly experienced. They were virtually indestructible for my ground units, and even after bombardment for softening they were able to survive, run and return back at full strength just couple turns later. Hunting for the cats absorbed my forces for quite long time, but finally both Panthers were destroyed.

In the meantime massive auxiliary forces directed straight to the west, crossed the river via two bridges and started fighting for an airfield on the way. My second core division went more to NW and crossed the river using IT leader tank. Afterward they helped a little struggling auxies, attacking the airfield defenders from the north, and then turned to the north coming along a mountain pass.
Auxiliaries captured the airfield finally, but then were surprised by numerous German units coming from the west, including armored units like SPATs and a nasty Tiger. The big cat created havoc among my front line units, overrunning almost all exposed infantries, which were seriously worn after previous engagements. In my turn, all checked predictions of battle odds didn't encourage to attack, but I was desperate and after initial bombardment attacked with both tanks, M10s and 3” AT. Despite big strength losses Tiger was eliminated.

My motorized division, leaded by engineers, captured the first VH in the valley, and then directed farther north to join main part of mountain group, which started to advance as well. Two mountain troops were earlier departed from it and sent straight to the west with a task to capture far mountain objectives. Both M8 SP arties from 2.Moto were added to help them, going slowly through the mountains. Luckily they were still able to provide support needed for both middle mountain VHs capturing, and even were on time to help with farthest SW objective.
So, main forces attacked VH on the Liri river and then went to the northernmost objective, when crazy mountaineers took another VH on the middle west. Afterward AM unit went straight to the south joining aux attacking forces, which were practically decimated at this stage and wasn't able to achieve their aim on their own. The northern VH was captured inside regular Victory limit, but that SW needed more time and I passed the limit by a single turn there.

After epic but interesting battle only poor TV and no leaders, but a lot of experience for my troops. I think the main problem was inappropriate use of auxiliary forces. I was fooled by big number of auxies and played Russian style, which caused massive losses at early stage and later I had not enough power at the end, when I really needed it to maintain decent speed of advance.

Result: TV
Current scenario: Operation Brassard , VH prestige is 240 , All hex prestige is 320
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 5022
Total Army Cost: 4014 , Current prestige is 328
BV: 1000 , Toulon-Marseilles , cap 5100 , 8 turn prestige: 0
V : 1000 , Toulon-Marseilles , cap 5100 , 12 turn prestige: 0
TV: 1000 , Toulon-Marseilles , cap 5100 , 16 turn prestige: 0

Infantry
E2/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 535 exp , 10 curr , Liberator , 5 kill , 468 pp
* E1/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 4 bars , 433 exp , 10 curr , 3 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 4 bars , 468 exp , 10 curr , 9 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 4 bars , 453 exp , 10 curr , Shock Tactics , 13 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF (AM) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 4 bars , 407 exp , 10 curr , Aggressive Maneuver , 8 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , B1-bis , 5 bars , 557 exp , 10 curr , Infiltration Tactics , 38 kill , 540 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , B1-bis , 4 bars , 429 exp , 10 curr , Street Fighter , 28 kill , 0 pp

Anti-tank
P/1.Alp/FF , 3 inch M5 @A[Wagon] , 0 bars , 26 exp , 10 curr , 2 kill , 180 pp

Recon
R/2.Mot/FF , M8 - KIA

Artillery
A1/1.Alp/FF , 105mm C mle36[Wagon] , 3 bars , 330 exp , 10 curr , 2 kill , 312 pp
A2/2.Mot/FF (CS) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 604 exp , 14 curr , Combat Support , 6 kill , 520 pp
A2/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 3 bars , 385 exp , 10 curr , 4 kill , 180 pp
A1/2.Mot/FF (Br) , M8 75mm M2 , 4 bars , 415 exp , 12 curr , Bridging , 6 kill , 446 pp

Air Defense
F/1.Alp/FF , 75mm Mle32 @A[Wagon] , 1 bars , 170 exp , 10 curr , 2 kill , 312 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 5 bars , 649 exp , 10 curr , Combat Support , 19 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 13 , AT 27 , ATY 18 , INF 102 , REC 17 , TK 22 , FTR 12 , TB 14 , Total: 225
Lost : AD 1 , AT 9 , ATY 2 , INF 21 , REC 3 , TK 3 , FTR 3 , TB 3 , Total: 45

11. Operation Brassard

Before the battle sold AT gun and upgraded one B1 tank to M4A1. For the rest purchased one Infantry unit.

I deployed green Infantry next to the small isle in SW corner of the map. Three mountain infantries filled deployment hexes next to SE peninsula (DB strongly dissuaded to do that, but I tried it anyway). Best Engineer with CS arty started on the ground, when the rest packed in boats must flow to join them, speeding 2-hexes per turn.

My infantry landed on the small isle and must deal with two enemy garrison units supported by one 10,5cm gun and covered by 88mm Flak. Thanks to Royal Navy support fire it fought against enemies successfully and captured an airfield VH there. Unfortunately weakened to 2 sp was killed finally by enemy arty shot, but there wasn't any unit able to recapture the VH, so didn't cause any problem. I deployed my fighter there, so it can join the battle at least.

Two auxiliary paratroopers flew to the northernmost VH and captured it without any problems after short fight against enemy AT gun.

Mountain troops landed and despite some enemy opposition were able to force their way through mountain terrain easily, coming to NE first, and later directed central north VH. They participated in final assault together with main forces there.

Main forces landed gradually during several turns and forced their way to the east, when one tank with M8 CS arty made detour and captured western objective first, then went along northern shore to the island center. South central VH was captured inside the BV limit, but that on the north needed one turn extra.
That means I missed BV by that single turn, so the last chance for prototype in this CC was missed here and my proto counter will remain at 2.

Current scenario: Toulon-Marseilles , VH prestige is 160 , All hex prestige is 400
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 4878
Total Army Cost: 3834 , Current prestige is 1256
BV: 500 , Mulhouse 1 , cap 5100 , 19 turn prestige: 200
V : 500 , Mulhouse 1 , cap 5100 , 22 turn prestige: 200
TV: 500 , Mulhouse 1 , cap 5100 , 25 turn prestige: 200
Ls: Loss , turn prestige: 200

Infantry
E2/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 578 exp , 10 curr , Liberator , 9 kill , 468 pp
* E1/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 4 bars , 435 exp , 10 curr , 4 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 579 exp , 10 curr , 10 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 522 exp , 10 curr , Shock Tactics , 14 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF (AM) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 4 bars , 495 exp , 10 curr , Aggressive Maneuver , 10 kill , 180 pp
Green Marines , Infantry @A – KIA

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , B1-bis , 5 bars , 642 exp , 10 curr , Infiltration Tactics , 42 kill , 540 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , M4A1 , 4 bars , 496 exp , 10 curr , Street Fighter , 35 kill , 0 pp

Artillery
A1/1.Alp/FF , 105mm C mle36[Wagon] , 4 bars , 403 exp , 10 curr , 2 kill , 312 pp
A2/2.Mot/FF (CS) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 636 exp , 14 curr , Combat Support , 7 kill , 520 pp
A2/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 4 bars , 405 exp , 10 curr , 5 kill , 180 pp
A1/2.Mot/FF (Br) , M8 75mm M2 , 4 bars , 482 exp , 12 curr , Bridging , 6 kill , 446 pp

Air Defense
F/1.Alp/FF , 75mm Mle32 @A[Wagon] , 1 bars , 170 exp , 10 curr , 2 kill , 312 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 5 bars , 710 exp , 10 curr , Combat Support , 19 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 16 , AT 30 , ATY 22 , INF 115 , REC 18 , TK 23 , FTR 12 , TB 15 , Total: 251
Lost : AD 1 , AT 9 , ATY 2 , INF 23 , REC 3 , TK 3 , FTR 3 , TB 3 , Total: 47

12. Toulon-Marseilles

Before the battle purchased 2xM10 SPAT and M8 recon. Upgraded remaining B1 tank to M4A1.

Deployed my mountain division on the south, with a task to capture Toulon. Main forces, motorized division, started in the middle east and were supposed to join auxiliaries and advance straight to the west.

Surprisingly at the beginning German forces attacked, so I spent some time defending my positions and killing attackers with very nice support of strong auxiliary bombers contingent, which played important role here. Later, when situation was under control, my core from the central zone directed to Marseilles, auxiliaries to middle north VH, when mountaineers (several turns later, as some unpleasant activity in the mountains were noted) recaptured my airfield and approached Toulon.

In the meantime one auxiliary Marine unit supported by 3 destroyers flew slowly to SW objective, and auxiliary fleet (which appeared as reinforcements) started hammering enemy units placed on a shore.

Auxiliaries on the north spent a lot of time on their VH assaulting, as the road was full of usual obstacles, as minefields and bunkers, but finally succeed and some units were able to go further west to help my core there.

My motorized group was split on two similar groups, one went to Marseilles when another to VH north of it. Marseilles was captured easily with support of destroyers. Lone Marines landed and took SW objective, which was found empty. Unfortunately that second group, which captured their objective after serious fighting, was surprised by German counterattack and lost one green M10 after encounter with a Panther. After couple of turns of intensive air bombardment enemy counterattack was stopped and all units killed. One tank from Marseilles made nice travel in the meantime, capturing all flags on its way straight to the NW corner.

So after heavy fighting I captured all land VHs 7 or even 8 turns before the BV limit, but must wait several turns then, till boat expedited from Toulon reached the small island and took remaining empty VH (was heavily bombarded from the sea and air, as well as by artillery settled on small peninsula close to it, so all German garrisons were killed in advance).

Result: BV (-1T)
Current scenario: Mulhouse 1 , VH prestige is 240 , All hex prestige is 240
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 5479
Total Army Cost: 4435 , Current prestige is 665
BV: 0 , Mulhouse 2 , cap 5100 , 16 turn prestige: 100
V : 0 , Mulhouse 2 , cap 5100 , 19 turn prestige: 100
TV: 0 , Mulhouse 2 , cap 5100 , 24 turn prestige: 100
Ls: 500 , Mulhouse 1 , cap 5100 , 24 turn prestige: 100

Infantry
E2/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 670 exp , 10 curr , Liberator , 11 kill , 468 pp
* E1/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 528 exp , 10 curr , 6 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 700 exp , 10 curr , 15 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 557 exp , 10 curr , Shock Tactics , 17 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF (AM) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 591 exp , 10 curr , Aggressive Maneuver , 10 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , M4A1 , 5 bars , 689 exp , 10 curr , Infiltration Tactics , 50 kill , 576 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , M4A1 , 5 bars , 549 exp , 10 curr , Street Fighter , 36 kill , 0 pp

Recon
R/1.Alp/FF , M8 , 1 bars , 117 exp , 10 curr , 3 kill , 216 pp

Anti-tank
P1/2.Mot/FF , M10 , 0 bars , 45 exp , 10 curr , 3 kill , 312 pp
P2/2.Mot/FF , M10 – KIA

Artillery
A1/1.Alp/FF , 105mm C mle36[Wagon] , 4 bars , 456 exp , 10 curr , 3 kill , 312 pp
A2/2.Mot/FF (CS) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 718 exp , 13 curr , Combat Support , 8 kill , 483 pp
A2/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 4 bars , 491 exp , 10 curr , 5 kill , 180 pp
A1/2.Mot/FF (Br) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 616 exp , 14 curr , Bridging , 7 kill , 520 pp

Air Defense

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 5 bars , 761 exp , 10 curr , Combat Support , 22 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 20 , AT 37 , ATY 27 , INF 145 , REC 24 , TK 28 , FTR 14 , TB 16 , Total: 311
Lost : AD 1 , AT 10 , ATY 5 , INF 27 , REC 4 , TK 4 , FTR 3 , TB 3 , Total: 57
since Jan'2002 with JP's
CC PG2/OG: 02/03/04/05/06/07/09/10/11/13/14/16/18/21/22/24/25/27/32/33/34/35/41/43/45/46/47/52/53/71

panzerdarek
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by panzerdarek » 2021-09-16 21:05, Thursday

13. Mulhouse 1

Before the battle sold green M10 and recon. Upgraded both tanks to R-2 Shermans and OS'ed arties for the rest of pp.

That was really difficult battle. I must restart this battle when figured out that plan with parallel advance on both sides of the river wasn't wise. The northern side is packed with heavily entrenched mines, bunkers and 88 AT guns, so my units bleed of sp in alarming rate making very slow progress.

Only one deployment zone is available in SW corner next to VH/SH. I ran my IT tank to the river and sent my three mountain troops on the southern bank (which was full of mountains and forests). The rest went along the river directing closest VH and took it straight from the march.

So, my core mountaineers, followed by some auxiliary reinforcements which appeared soon, approached the objective on the southern bank of river, counting on surprise (it's very smart with an radar bunker). They took it with support of arties shelling defender from the opposite bank. Southern group formed then some defensive setup, seeing enemies approaching from the east and south.
Main forces helped to take VH slightly to the north, which was later garrisoned by auxiliaries, and thanks to my IT unit joined the southern group forming big offensive combo. They advanced east gradually, smashing all Germans on their way, even Panther and JagdPanther didn't impressed them much.

Auxiliaries from a middle west (initial as well as reinforcements) were not able to force enemy bunkers and took detour through the mountains. Slowly, but at least in better condition, they filled the city hexes around VH. Soon occurred, that they are easy prey for German 9-bars ubersoldiers which approached soon from the north and east. That counterattack was so strong, so I was afraid to lose. The battle turned into a race, capture all German eastern VHs in Blitz style or die. Luckily I did it just single turn after BV limit, having still three weakened aux infantry units in the city.
I'm happy with my victory here, as I avoided core losses despite the designers dirty tricks (overexperienced 9-bars units guided by AI radar).

Current scenario: Mulhouse 2 , VH prestige is 160 , All hex prestige is 200
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 5567
Total Army Cost: 4307 , Current prestige is 32
BV: 300 , Colmar 1 , cap 5100 , 13 turn prestige: 300
V : 300 , Colmar 1 , cap 5100 , 15 turn prestige: 300
TV: 300 , Colmar 1 , cap 5100 , 20 turn prestige: 300
Ls: 500 , Mulhouse 2 , cap 5100 , 20 turn prestige: 300

Infantry
E2/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 763 exp , 10 curr , Liberator , 15 kill , 468 pp
* E1/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 661 exp , 10 curr , 9 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 768 exp , 10 curr , 16 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 585 exp , 10 curr , Shock Tactics , 18 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF (AM) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 685 exp , 10 curr , Aggressive Maneuver , 13 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , M4A1(76)W , 5 bars , 808 exp , 10 curr , Infiltration Tactics , 53 kill , 792 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , M4A1(76)W , 5 bars , 631 exp , 10 curr , Street Fighter , 44 kill , 0 pp

Artillery
A1/1.Alp/FF , 105mm C mle36[Wagon] , 5 bars , 549 exp , 10 curr , 6 kill , 312 pp
A2/2.Mot/FF (CS) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 777 exp , 15 curr , Combat Support , 10 kill , 558 pp
A2/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 5 bars , 597 exp , 14 curr , 5 kill , 251 pp
A1/2.Mot/FF (Br) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 736 exp , 15 curr , Bridging , 9 kill , 558 pp

Air Defense

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 5 bars , 778 exp , 10 curr , Combat Support , 22 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 22 , AT 43 , ATY 29 , INF 167 , REC 25 , TK 29 , FTR 16 , TB 17 , Total: 348
Lost : AD 1 , AT 11 , ATY 8 , INF 34 , REC 5 , TK 4 , FTR 3 , TB 3 , Total: 69

OK, I'm back after visiting Norway, with the rest of battles done this weekend.

One note about small bug in previous scenario. There is mistake in intro file naming for Mulhouse-1. The real file has name sb5mul1i.txt when campaign file refers to non-existing file sb5mulhi.txt, so the intro didn't appear before the battle and some valuable information and hints were hidden for me. Luckily for Mulhouse-2 it worked properly.

14. Mulhouse 2

Before the battle sold AD gun and purchased new 105mm arty.

Another hard battle with heavy fighting and typical DF's dirty tricks. Restart was needed due to unacceptable losses in the first attempt. In the second run I played carefully and didn't push for BV.
I deployed all core units excepting two on the east. One tank and arty started on the western SH. Just at the beginning I noted strange occurrence, visible German bunker, which was placed out of my units spotting range for sure (see mark ?), so I expected hidden VH next to it and that assumption was right.

I withdrew my weak defenders from central VHs on the south bank of the river into the mountains (as forward observers) and sent auxiliary mountaineers from the west to the center as fast as possible. On the east best Engineer settled in Mulhouse VH, supported by two 105mm arties, with a task to keep it against expected enemy attack. The rest of my core from the east directed central VHs to recapture both initially given as well as one German objective there. After hard fighting they succeed.

In the meantime my both VHs, on the west and east, were under fire. Germans attacked furiously causing serious losses among defenders. Luckily some reinforcements from the west helped there, but in Mulhouse I was not able to keep position and must left it temporarily to save my defender from annihilation.

On the NW hidden VH appeared, as was expected, but auxiliaries provided as reinforcements in the area recaptured it easily. When enemy attack on the west were repealed I sent couple of infantry units supported by two arties to the north and core SP arty with two infantries to the center. My tank in the area was earlier knocked down to 1 sp after fight with a Panther, so was hidden deeply in the back (luckily Luftwaffe was eliminated at the time, so radar bunker influence was less painful). Northern VH was captured despite some Gebirgsjaeger activity without problems, so only two German objectives in the center (north of the river) left. Mulhouse was retook earlier by my motorized units sent there from the middle south. Mountain troops from that area crossed the river and directed closest VH joining units approaching from the west in final assault, which was completed in the last Victory turn. At the same time the second remaining VH more to the east was captured by my units attacking from the Mulhouse city.

Result: V (LT)
Current scenario: Colmar 1 , VH prestige is 160 , All hex prestige is 200
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 5364
Total Army Cost: 4104 , Current prestige is 556
BV: 0 , Colmar 2 , cap 5500 , 7 turn prestige: 0
V : 0 , Colmar 2 , cap 5500 , 9 turn prestige: 0
TV: 0 , Colmar 2 , cap 5500 , 12 turn prestige: 0
Ls: 0 , Colmar 1 , cap 5100 , 12 turn prestige: 0

Infantry
E2/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 948 exp , 10 curr , Liberator , 18 kill , 468 pp
* E1/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 917 exp , 10 curr , 11 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 812 exp , 10 curr , 18 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 690 exp , 10 curr , Shock Tactics , 20 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF (AM) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 764 exp , 10 curr , Aggressive Maneuver , 14 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , M4A1(76)W , 5 bars , 908 exp , 10 curr , Infiltration Tactics , 57 kill , 792 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , M4A1(76)W , 5 bars , 715 exp , 10 curr , Street Fighter , 50 kill , 0 pp

Artillery
A1/1.Alp/FF , 105mm C mle36[Wagon] , 5 bars , 636 exp , 10 curr , 7 kill , 312 pp
A3/1.Alp/FF , 105mm C mle36[Wagon] , 1 bars , 129 exp , 10 curr , 0 kill , 312 pp
A2/2.Mot/FF (CS) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 954 exp , 11 curr , Combat Support , 13 kill , 409 pp
A2/1.Alp/FF , 75mm C mle97 @A[Wagon] , 5 bars , 675 exp , 11 curr , 5 kill , 197 pp
A1/2.Mot/FF (Br) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 791 exp , 15 curr , Bridging , 10 kill , 558 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 5 bars , 901 exp , 10 curr , Combat Support , 24 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 24 , AT 50 , ATY 32 , INF 195 , REC 27 , TK 31 , FTR 18 , TB 19 , Total: 396
Lost : AD 1 , AT 11 , ATY 9 , INF 44 , REC 5 , TK 4 , FTR 4 , TB 3 , Total: 81

15. Colmar 1

Before the battle sold new arty and upgraded both remaining towed guns to M8 75mm SP. OSed arties for the rest of pp.

Finally some easy battle after Mulhouse nightmares. I deployed one tank, arty and Engineer on the south and similar combo reinforced with one mountain unit on the north. The rest of my mountain division started from the middle west.

The battle went smoothly and all three closest German VHs were captured easily without single unit loss. Turned out that there is no need to take farthest enemy objective, so BV two turns before the limit was scored.

Result: BV (-2T)
Current scenario: Colmar 2 , VH prestige is 160 , All hex prestige is 160
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 5545
Total Army Cost: 4285 , Current prestige is 174
BV: 0 , Colmar 3 , cap 5800 , 4 turn prestige: 0
V : 0 , Colmar 3 , cap 5800 , 9 turn prestige: 0
TV: 0 , Colmar 3 , cap 5800 , 11 turn prestige: 0

Infantry
E2/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 1023 exp , 10 curr , Liberator , 19 kill , 468 pp
* E1/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 994 exp , 10 curr , 12 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 846 exp , 10 curr , 19 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 711 exp , 10 curr , Shock Tactics , 20 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF (AM) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 825 exp , 10 curr , Aggressive Maneuver , 14 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , M4A1(76)W , 5 bars , 949 exp , 10 curr , Infiltration Tactics , 65 kill , 792 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , M4A1(76)W , 5 bars , 799 exp , 10 curr , Street Fighter , 52 kill , 0 pp

Artillery
A1/1.Alp/FF , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 684 exp , 14 curr , 7 kill , 520 pp
A2/2.Mot/FF (CS) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 967 exp , 13 curr , Combat Support , 13 kill , 483 pp
A2/1.Alp/FF , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 715 exp , 13 curr , 6 kill , 483 pp
A1/2.Mot/FF (Br) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 805 exp , 13 curr , Bridging , 10 kill , 483 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 5 bars , 951 exp , 10 curr , Combat Support , 25 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 26 , AT 54 , ATY 35 , INF 203 , REC 27 , TK 31 , FTR 18 , TB 21 , Total: 415

16. Colmar 2

Before the battle OSed arties. Couldn't deploy my fighter.

Even easier and smaller battle than previous one, but with some nasty surprise, so I must restart it when unexpected German units arrived from my back and took my VHs which were left empty.
In the second try I placed all three mountain infantries into three northern VHs as defenders. One tank and two arties were placed on the west of them and sent as reinforcements for defenders as soon as possible.
My best Engineer with CS arty started in the mountain VH with a hardest task to capture German VH slightly on the east. The rest of my ground units was deployed in the SW corner of the map.

After lesson learned I had no problems with keeping my positions on the north this time. All attackers were gradually eliminated.
German VH on the south was very easy to take as well, so the only problem occurred with the closest enemy objective in the mountains, which was occupied by strong enemy infantry with Ferocious Defender leader. Only my arty with Combat Support leader allowed to take it in the last BV turn.

Result: BV (LT)
Current scenario: Colmar 3 , VH prestige is 160 , All hex prestige is 200
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 5696
Total Army Cost: 4436 , Current prestige is 259
BV: Win , turn prestige: 0
V : Win , turn prestige: 0
TV: Win , turn prestige: 0
Ls: 500 , Colmar 3 , cap 5800 , 18 turn prestige: 0

Infantry
E2/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 1049 exp , 10 curr , Liberator , 19 kill , 468 pp
* E1/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 1006 exp , 10 curr , 12 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 846 exp , 10 curr , 19 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 711 exp , 10 curr , Shock Tactics , 20 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF (AM) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 849 exp , 10 curr , Aggressive Maneuver , 15 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , M4A1(76)W , 5 bars , 952 exp , 10 curr , Infiltration Tactics , 65 kill , 792 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , M4A1(76)W , 5 bars , 831 exp , 10 curr , Street Fighter , 55 kill , 0 pp

Artillery
A1/1.Alp/FF , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 688 exp , 15 curr , 7 kill , 558 pp
A2/2.Mot/FF (CS) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 976 exp , 15 curr , Combat Support , 14 kill , 558 pp
A2/1.Alp/FF , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 721 exp , 12 curr , 6 kill , 446 pp
A1/2.Mot/FF (Br) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 838 exp , 15 curr , Bridging , 11 kill , 558 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 5 bars , 951 exp , 10 curr , Combat Support , 25 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 26 , AT 55 , ATY 35 , INF 208 , REC 27 , TK 31 , FTR 18 , TB 21 , Total: 421

17. Colmar 3

Before the battle OSed some units.

This was surely most difficult battle of Colmar series, but obviously much easier than Mulhouse series. It's mainly about gradual advance and German defenders elimination.
All my mountain division started from the south, when motorized contingent was deployed on the north.

My core mountaineers took their southernmost objective after several battle turns and even tried to help auxiliary group which fought for mountain VH slightly to the north. Brave auxies after capturing it, had hard time with defending it against continuous German attempts to retook it, but luckily succeed.

My main motorized division, reinforced with plenty of American auxiliary units (coming from the north), advanced along the river from the north to the south and was able to clear the way through obstacles and defenders. They took all three VHs assigned to them by the HQ, the last one single turn after BV limit.

So, the war is finally over for my brave Frogmen. It's still interesting campaign despite the old efile limitations, which doesn't allow much upgrade options. AK version provides more variety for sure, so I recommend to try it for fun aside of the CC attempt, which must be completed with the BP efile.

My forces at the end of war: :sherman
Campaign: FRENCH CAMPAIGN, 1940-45 , Prestige modifier 100% , V-2.0 formula
Current scenario: Colmar 3 , VH prestige is 80 , All hex prestige is 120
Army value including initial Core and Prototypes: 5770
Total Army Cost: 4510 , Current prestige is 1

Infantry
E2/2.Mot/FF (Li) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 1117 exp , 5 curr , Liberator , 22 kill , 468 pp
* E1/2.Mot/FF (*) , Engineer @EA[MCG-5] , 5 bars , 1030 exp , 6 curr , 12 kill , 0 pp
1/1.Alp/FF , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 906 exp , 8 curr , 22 kill , 180 pp
2/1.Alp/FF (ST) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 772 exp , 4 curr , Shock Tactics , 24 kill , 180 pp
3/1.Alp/FF (AM) , Chasseurs Alpin @M[Wagon] , 5 bars , 934 exp , 3 curr , Aggressive Maneuver , 16 kill , 180 pp

Tank
2/2.Mot/FF (IT) , M4A1(76)W , 5 bars , 1086 exp , 5 curr , Infiltration Tactics , 75 kill , 792 pp
* 1/2.Mot/FF (*/SF) , M4A1(76)W , 5 bars , 914 exp , 5 curr , Street Fighter , 58 kill , 0 pp

Artillery
A1/1.Alp/FF , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 775 exp , 15 curr , 9 kill , 558 pp
A2/2.Mot/FF (CS) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 1060 exp , 14 curr , Combat Support , 16 kill , 520 pp
A2/1.Alp/FF , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 820 exp , 15 curr , 6 kill , 558 pp
A1/2.Mot/FF (Br) , M8 75mm M2 , 5 bars , 910 exp , 15 curr , Bridging , 12 kill , 558 pp

Fighter
1 Ftr Sqd/FF (CS) , D.520 , 5 bars , 982 exp , 3 curr , Combat Support , 26 kill , 516 pp

Killed: AD 31 , AT 61 , ATY 42 , INF 227 , REC 27 , TK 32 , FTR 21 , TB 24 , Total: 465
Lost : AD 2 , AT 11 , ATY 9 , INF 48 , REC 7 , TK 4 , FTR 5 , TB 5 , Total: 91
since Jan'2002 with JP's

panzerdarek
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by panzerdarek » 2021-09-16 21:11, Thursday

That's all of CC24. Results summary: BV-6 / V-8 / TV-3.
Another addition to the forum archives. I hope that will be useful for somebody. :ihope
since Jan'2002 with JP's