CC XXVIII Announcement

ANZAC WW1 Campaign by Doug Hone for Baltic Efile.

Moderator: Parabellum

CC Team
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

CC XXVIII Announcement

Post by CC Team » 2019-09-20 19:43, Friday

JP’s Panzers
Are proud to announce
Campaign Challenge XXVIII

Doug Hone's
ANZAC Campaign v.2
Converted to the Baltic efile v.4000 by Toliy

The playing levels are as follows:
25% Field Marshal’s level
50% General
100% Officer’s
150% NCO
>151% Troopie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Momsters,

It is with great pleasure that I introduce this campaign for Campaign Challenge XXVIII. It had been an entertaining and instructive project to convert Doug Hone's original ANZAC campaign to the Baltic Efile. I hope you will enjoy this "fresher" look at a classic campaign released in 2001.

This campaign will take you to battlefields of WWI: beaches of Gallipoli, the sands of Palestine, and the trenches of France. Your army will adapt to this war with machine guns, heavy and field artillery, cavalry, and - ultimately - tanks.

The campaign consists of three parts: the Gallipoli campaign, France, and Egypt. After finishing the Gallipoli campaign, you will be able to select either the French or Egyptian paths (please see the campaign flow chart for details). Doug has also included a hypothetical naval assault on Constantinople, which is an optional "shortcut" through the Gallipoli campaign.

As a WWI general, you will learn the value of massive supporting artillery. Cavalry - in a last attempt to influence the outcome on the field - may bring results following a wise tactical employment, but it will become annihilated in the face of a well entrenched enemy. New equipment, such as air force, tanks, and wireless communication teams will aid your armies in the final year of the war.

As a final note, I would like to reiterate my appreciation to Doug Hone for his original work in building this campaign.

Good luck, mates!
Toliy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G'day Mates

I'm honoured not only that a second Campaign of mine has been chosen for a Challenge Campaign but that it's this version of ANZAC. The campaign has been given a superb work-over by Toliy and it's now everything I wanted it to be when I made the original. Being a New Zealand born person with Australian citizenship the ANZAC legend is very close to my heart, as it is every Aussie and Kiwi, and this campaign was my little way of honouring them and their sacrifice. I stood on the beach at Gallipoli when I was 22 and listened to the ode to the Anzacs with tears running down my face and the sense of the horrible job they faced has stayed with me ever since. It goes like this:

They shall grow not old....as we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn,
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them.
"LEST WE FORGET"

I hope you all enjoy CC28.
Happy Hunting!!
Doug

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download package for OpenGen:

EFILE_CC28.zip

Original post updated by lvjtn
:monster Image :monster
Parabellum, Urica, Wonderdoctor, lvjtn