Help: Range Defense Modifier doubts

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
none
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Help: Range Defense Modifier doubts

Post by none » 2024-03-05 11:04, Tuesday

Can somebody please confirm how the "Range Defense Modifier" works?

I have several notes which seem contradictory, and some others which seem plain incomprehensible, like "if P.range-stat is different than CbtRange or CbtRange <= 1 then P.EffDef += P.RDM-stat /2 else P.EffDef += P.RDM-stat"...
:fused :thud

IIRC: The bigger a unit's RDM value, the harder it is to hit it from a distance with ranged fire. Is that (even remotely) true? :huh

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Re: Help: Range Defense Modifier doubts

Post by LuisGuzman » 2024-03-05 18:12, Tuesday

none wrote:
2024-03-05 11:04, Tuesday
Can somebody please confirm how the "Range Defense Modifier" works?

I have several notes which seem contradictory, and some others which seem plain incomprehensible, like "if P.range-stat is different than CbtRange or CbtRange <= 1 then P.EffDef += P.RDM-stat /2 else P.EffDef += P.RDM-stat"...
:fused :thud

IIRC: The bigger a unit's RDM value, the harder it is to hit it from a distance with ranged fire. Is that (even remotely) true? :huh
:yes Basically true!

But the point is the RDM stat is halved if attacker fires from adjacent hex or closer than its maximum range.
Also If attacker is AT and has moved and has not a TANK-KILLER leader, then attacker adds 0 (zero) to its effective defense when fired back by defender.

That is the meaning of:
"if P.range-stat is different than CbtRange or CbtRange <= 1 then P.EffDef += P.RDM-stat /2 else P.EffDef += P.RDM-stat" ;)
  Visit my website to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game

none
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Help: Range Defense Modifier doubts

Post by none » 2024-03-05 18:23, Tuesday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2024-03-05 18:12, Tuesday
:yes Basically true!
Thanks! I just wanted to be sure. I found some units in my E-File which were wrong and started fixing them, but at some point started to wonder if they were actually wrong or not.

LuisGuzman wrote:
2024-03-05 18:12, Tuesday
That is the meaning of:
"if P.range-stat is different than CbtRange or CbtRange <= 1 then P.EffDef += P.RDM-stat /2 else P.EffDef += P.RDM-stat" ;)
Might be the meaning, but it's easier to understand in human, like above, then in developer...