OpenGen Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 0.93.5.RC1.f (21-Feb-2024)

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: OpenGen Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 0.93.3.99.RC3 (11-Feb-2020))

Post by Aleksandr » 2020-02-14 21:11, Friday

randowe wrote:
2020-02-14 21:08, Friday
I just checked it with a scenario too. Yes, the flag of the original country is shown in the purchase screen.
But when you deploy the units and start the scenario, they get the flag of the main country.
Yes, sure, that's why I wrote that it isn't that crucial issue. :-)
But it's still annoying a little bit, coz it gives away a fact that this isn't an original National unit, and thus it may spoil some player's fun "heck, that's cheatin', ain't gonna play with a foreign unit!"

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-02-14 21:18, Friday

Aleksandr wrote:
2020-02-14 21:11, Friday
randowe wrote:
2020-02-14 21:08, Friday
I just checked it with a scenario too. Yes, the flag of the original country is shown in the purchase screen.
But when you deploy the units and start the scenario, they get the flag of the main country.
Yes, sure, that's why I wrote that it isn't that crucial issue. :-)
But it's still annoying a little bit, coz it gives away a fact that this isn't an original National unit, and thus it may spoil some player's fun "heck, that's cheatin', ain't gonna play with a foreign unit!"
Aha! Now i understand. I first thought that you meant the units keep their original flag after deployment :bonk
But yes, it is a little bit confusing.

Here a screenshot. Not needed anymore though:

Image Slava Ukraini!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-02-15 08:10, Saturday

Aleksandr wrote:
2020-02-14 20:58, Friday

Top right corner of the screenshot: the unit has a Croatian flag although being a part of German purchase list.
Well the original flag is shown while you don't "pay" for it, because at that point it is not your unit, but right after you have "paid" it shows the proper flag:

Visit my website to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game

Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Aleksandr » 2020-02-15 08:18, Saturday

Oh so! But shouldn't it show the German flag while it's a part of German pool? Really, this is NOT that important issue, it just surprised me.

On another note: I've done a "mistake" of using a new version of OG with new version of Bkorp, so maybe this is not an OG related change, but I'm still asking: is it normal that my flaks cannot attack planes after moving? I got air missions on.

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-02-15 09:39, Saturday

Aleksandr wrote:
2020-02-15 08:18, Saturday
On another note: I've done a "mistake" of using a new version of OG with new version of Bkorp, so maybe this is not an OG related change, but I'm still asking: is it normal that my flaks cannot attack planes after moving? I got air missions on.
Can you send me a sample to test, using bug-tracker ?

Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Aleksandr » 2020-02-15 10:53, Saturday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2020-02-15 09:39, Saturday
Of course, I'll do it once I get to my PC! :nods

Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Aleksandr » 2020-02-15 14:39, Saturday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2020-02-15 09:39, Saturday
Aleksandr wrote:
2020-02-15 08:18, Saturday
Luis, I've just sent the necessary files. I hope that you got everything needed, I added the equip files in case you don't have the most recent BK. Take a look at it, I'm not saying that it is a bug, in fact I never really understood how the heck could the Flak move and attack the planes, it made little sense to me, as even the most rudimentary AA (MG in tripod) or sophisticated system (some self-propelled missile launcher?) cannot just rush to a random place and start shooting arrows into Heavens. Maybe Puma changed something about Basekorp settings? Idk... You'll know better.

EDIT: Forget about it, I found the old BK equip. Puma removed the [Q] ability from self-propFlaks.

Another quirk with the Purchase Pool. Check these two screenshots, please:

As should be obvious, the first one is shot without the .buy4 file, while in the other screen, Germans sport a limited Purchase pool. Why on Earth are the Pz III types sorted alphabetically in the first picture, but not in the second one? This ain't just about my OCD. I accidentally made a wrong upgrade as I clicked the first Pz III in a row, "knowing" that it's an Ausf N, but too late I realized my mistake three turns into the scenario looking at a Ausf. L.

Of course, this is the least of my worries with Purchase Pool (PP now on), it just made me curious. :howdy

EDIT2: Luis, you may use the files that I sent you to test another thing. It seems like the Sound Effect On/Off button doesn't work. I may click it as much as I want, but I still here the sounds. Which is bad, as I prefer to test the game while listening to some DSBM. :-)
Apparently one needs to restart the game for the sound setings to update, but even then it still makes a mouse click...

Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Aleksandr » 2020-02-15 15:42, Saturday

Geez, this is serious enough to warrant its own post...
Luis, planes do not automatically replenish ammo in OGX at least when air missions are used!
EDIT: It seems like nobody autoreplenishes, even ground units.

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-02-15 17:01, Saturday

Aleksandr wrote:
2020-02-15 15:42, Saturday
Maybe a change in the Efile's settings? Check the cfg file for supply settings :yes
Image Slava Ukraini!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-02-15 19:15, Saturday

Aleksandr wrote:
2020-02-15 14:39, Saturday
Luis, I've just sent the necessary files. I hope that you got everything needed, I added the equip files in case you don't have the most recent BK.
Thanks a lot :bow ... yes I have all needed files now.
Take a look at it, I'm not saying that it is a bug, in fact I never really understood how the heck could the Flak move and attack the planes, it made little sense to me, as even the most rudimentary AA (MG in tripod) or sophisticated system (some self-propelled missile launcher?) cannot just rush to a random place and start shooting arrows into Heavens. Maybe Puma changed something about Basekorp settings? Idk... You'll know better.

EDIT: Forget about it, I found the old BK equip. Puma removed the [Q] ability from self-propFlaks.
Effectively Flaks and AD units cannot fire air units after moving except if they have recon movement or mechanized (special or leader).
And, unlike AD units, the Flak units can fire to ground units after moving (no needing special or leader to do)
EDIT2: Luis, you may use the files that I sent you to test another thing. It seems like the Sound Effect On/Off button doesn't work. I may click it as much as I want, but I still here the sounds. Which is bad, as I prefer to test the game while listening to some DSBM. :-)
Apparently one needs to restart the game for the sound settings to update, but even then it still makes a mouse click...
Yes, it is weird, I'll work out to toggle music on/of (pausing it) and all sounds effects on/off (mels, click, weather, capture, leaders, ...) clicking these menu options :yes
Luis, planes do not automatically replenish ammo in OGX at least when air missions are used!
Yes, I'll fix that too :doh
This works for me though :huh

:howdy

Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Aleksandr » 2020-02-15 19:41, Saturday

randowe wrote:
2020-02-15 17:01, Saturday
Maybe a change in the Efile's settings? Check the cfg file for supply settings :yes
I didn't change anything, at least knowingly. And it'll be strange that Puma would use this setting, as it's not really user friendly: why add more clicks when you can just autoresupply eot?
This is weird. The only option is that I have changed .cfg without me knowing, but I don't think that I tinkered with .cfg in past week or two ever since I set the basic settings of my campaign.

That's weird. Do you use the most recent BK equip? Idk how's this possible, and I'd swear that my ground units didn't resupply eot. Am I seeing things? :(

Luis, once this will be solved, will you look into the way how OGX sorts the units? I'm really curious why it sorted the Pz III version un-alphabetically and I'd really wish that this didn't happen. I know that it's a non-issue, but as it did cost me an incorrect upgrade, I'd rather have this fixed. But it's truly a minor issue, don't feel pressed about it.

Cheers everybody!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-02-15 20:59, Saturday

Aleksandr wrote:
2020-02-15 19:41, Saturday
That's weird. Do you use the most recent BK equip? Idk how's this possible, and I'd swear that my ground units didn't resupply eot. Am I seeing things? :(
The efile per-se has no effect on auto-resupply, only the actions taken by the unit (air/ground/naval, movement, reinforce, fire,...), the terrain (if defined %supply) and the enemies in ZOC ... and eventually according $supply_ex

Luis, once this will be solved, will you look into the way how OGX sorts the units? I'm really curious why it sorted the Pz III version un-alphabetically and I'd really wish that this didn't happen. I know that it's a non-issue, but as it did cost me an incorrect upgrade, I'd rather have this fixed. But it's truly a minor issue, don't feel pressed about it.

Cheers everybody!
The units are not sorted alphabetically, they are sorted by cost regardless the units come from the efile or from the custom list. :yes

Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Aleksandr » 2020-02-16 06:37, Sunday

Hi Luis!

Both of these things make me wonder. :huh

I really believe that I have changed nothing. Yet the units don't automatically resupply eot. I'm going to test that, and... the air units don't resupply if kept motionless on airfield
I don't get it. I will send you the bug, maybe you'll find out what's wrong. :dunno

Speaking of the alphabet: well, then why does OG sort them in ab order in first case, and stops doing it when Purchase pool is used. I don't get this either. Honestly, this is just a minor quirk, but it still surprises me, and yes, it even pesters me a little bit: why the heck does it need to change anything, what's the source of this undesired sorting autonomy?

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-02-17 09:30, Monday

OpenGenRC.exe0.93.2.rc4 and 0.93.4.17.OGX available fixing these 2 issues:
  • Planes was not resupplying when using Air Missions and not flying any mission in the turn
  • Reworked menu buttons for Music and Sounds in second map menu:
    - Music will pause on/off music without affecting volume.
    - Sounds will mute/activate all sounds effects (Mels, Clicks, Weather, ...) without affecting volume defined for each one
Aleksandr wrote:
2020-02-16 06:37, Sunday
Speaking of the alphabet: well, then why does OG sort them in ab order in first case, and stops doing it when Purchase pool is used. I don't get this either. Honestly, this is just a minor quirk, but it still surprises me, and yes, it even pesters me a little bit: why the heck does it need to change anything, what's the source of this undesired sorting autonomy?
I agree it is a very minor quirk that I hoped I made clear after explaining that available units are sorted by cost in purchase screen. And, I got surprised that you say it is pestering you because it is an undesired change :shock

They have been always sorted by cost, being cheaper units at bottom and more expensive at top. And this is the same since the first SSI' Panzer General (aka PG1) and I kept unchanged for OG as nobody have ever complained. :dunno

It is true that it can look sorted alphabetically :notsure but they are really sorted by cost:
  1. Tiger Ia : 1500 pp
  2. Pz IV G : 612 pp
  3. PzIII N : 468 pp
  4. PzIII L : 468 pp >>> same cost !
    ... But ""L" (E:145) is found before than "N" (E:147), and the algorithm puts "L" as cheaper than "N"
  5. Pz III J : 444 pp
  6. Pz II F: 348 pp
When units are taken from a purchase list the sort method is the same, but if you add "N" first (lower index in the list) and then "L", they take a different position when showing up in the purchase screen.

I hope it is clear cut now :ihope

Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Aleksandr » 2020-02-17 18:54, Monday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2020-02-17 09:30, Monday
I agree it is a very minor quirk that I hoped I made clear after explaining that available units are sorted by cost in purchase screen. And, I got surprised that you say it is pestering you because it is an undesired change :shock

They have been always sorted by cost, being cheaper units at bottom and more expensive at top. And this is the same since the first SSI' Panzer General (aka PG1) and I kept unchanged for OG as nobody have ever complained. :dunno

It is true that it can look sorted alphabetically :notsure but they are really sorted by cost.
Oh, I should have made myself more clear! :bonk

These two units have the same price and they are sorted differently from their normal order when Purchase pool is edited. This made me wonder why the heck the game changes their order, and I was also afraid that a longer purchase list may end all messy.

When units are taken from a purchase list the sort method is the same, but if you add "N" first (lower index in the list) and then "L", they take a different position when showing up in the purchase screen.
Yep, that's what I wanted to know! So if I want both lists to be in the same order, I just need to manually list the units from N to L. (And of course this applies only for the N and L versions becuse they cost the same.)

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-02-17 19:00, Monday

Aleksandr wrote:
2020-02-17 18:54, Monday
Yep, that's what I wanted to know! So if I want both lists to be in the same order, I just need to manually list the units from N to L. (And of course this applies only for the N and L versions becuse they cost the same.)
Effectively, the better is to add the units in the same order than they have in the efile (when they have the same cost) to show up in same sequence.

Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Aleksandr » 2020-02-17 19:30, Monday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2020-02-17 19:00, Monday
Effectively, the better is to add the units in the same order than they have in the efile (when they have the same cost) to show up in same sequence.
Ah true! IDK why I didn't realize this: just keep the order from efile, and it should be the same in PPool!
Thanks a lot!

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-02-17 19:37, Monday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2020-02-17 09:30, Monday
OpenGenRC.exe0.93.2.rc4
Hello :howdy

Is it new that airfields use the plane highlight too :huh Please see screenshot below.
Is there a way to turn this off for airfields? When using Alt-P both, plane and airfield highlighters are turned off :dunno

EDIT: The airfield highlighter is always on, the plane highlighter only when air mode is enabled. :huh :whine

Image Slava Ukraini!

lvjtn
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps

Re: OpenGen Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 0.93.3.99.RC4 (17-Feb-2020))

Post by lvjtn » 2020-03-01 21:11, Sunday

randowe wrote:
2020-02-17 19:37, Monday
The airfield highlighter is always on, the plane highlighter only when air mode is enabled. :huh :whine
checked rc4, and it works fine for me with image and tiled maps too. i tested it with cc76, wich has no customized blend file, so the default one is in use :dunno would you test it again with a different efile? just an idea
»my real name is csaba (tʃɒbɒ)«
efiles:
Image Image Image Image Image

campaigns:

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-03-01 21:21, Sunday

lvjtn wrote:
2020-03-01 21:11, Sunday
randowe wrote:
2020-02-17 19:37, Monday
The airfield highlighter is always on, the plane highlighter only when air mode is enabled. :huh :whine
checked rc4, and it works fine for me with image and tiled maps too. i tested it with cc76, wich has no customized blend file, so the default one is in use :dunno would you test it again with a different efile? just an idea
When i use Kaiser the ALT+P does not work at all and when i use Efile CC_60 or Efile_Gus it works like i reported it.
As i wrote before, when the plane highlighter was new, only the planes got highlited, which is fine.
Now the airfields get highlighed too, which is ugly. I don't know if someone asked for it?
But i guess if i am the only one who has this problem it is not worth changeing anything.
I found my solution already and do not use the plane highlighter anymore. That's okay :yes
Image Slava Ukraini!

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2020-03-01 21:57, Sunday

randowe wrote:
2020-03-01 21:21, Sunday
Now the airfields get highlighed too, which is ugly.
that's what is interesting, as it works fine for me (planes = highlighted, af = not) with rc4 :dunno

and i checked built and regular airfield and carriers too :dunno
efiles:

campaigns:

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-03-01 22:34, Sunday

Hehe, i have no idea. I use RC4 too. When planes highlighter ALT-P is on it looks like in the pictures below.
But as i said, it seems i am the oly one with this issue and i just swith it off. No problemo :cool

First picture: Air mode is on, planes and airfields are highlighted.

Second picture: Air mode is off, only airfields are highlighted.

Image Slava Ukraini!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Re: OpenGen Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 0.93.3.99.RC5 (2-Mar-2020))

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-03-02 07:07, Monday

Probably you both are right ...

I updated RC4 to make airfields overly optional and "disable" by default, but I kept version as RC4 and forgot to post the announce :doh

Clemens is surely using a bit older RC4 version which has that feature hard-coded while Csaba is using a newer version having it optional and disabled.

I've compiled as RC5 to avoid further misunderstandings, so please download OpenGenRC.exe0.93.2.rc5 or use 0.93.4.24.OGX

To enable/disable there is a checkbox in User Interface Settings dialog

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-03-02 13:11, Monday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2020-03-02 07:07, Monday

I've compiled as RC5 to avoid further misunderstandings, so please download OpenGenRC.exe0.93.2.rc5 or use 0.93.4.24.OGX

To enable/disable there is a checkbox in User Interface Settings dialog
It works :bow Muchas :gracias
Image Slava Ukraini!

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2020-03-02 19:14, Monday

new bug in 0.93.3.99.rc5:

player doesn't always get a proto after the first bv (proto is enabled)

i'm sending the related "forward, comrade!" autosave file. my short "test" showed that once in 5 reloads i got no proto, so it looks like the chance is reduced to 80% instead of 100%, but it's only a wild guess
efiles:

campaigns:

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2020-03-05 16:27, Thursday

just a question (at first :) ): when i play with restricted resupply rules, and only depot and cities allow the resupply, is it okay that i can resupply near a city held by a.i. (aka opposite side)? i'm not sure about this
efiles:

campaigns:

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-03-05 16:48, Thursday

lvjtn wrote:
2020-03-05 16:27, Thursday
just a question (at first :) ): when i play with restricted resupply rules, and only depot and cities allow the resupply, is it okay that i can resupply near a city held by a.i. (aka opposite side)? i'm not sure about this
I'm not either ... I guess a save is on the way :yes

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2020-03-05 17:34, Thursday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2020-03-05 16:48, Thursday
lvjtn wrote:
2020-03-05 16:27, Thursday
when i play with restricted resupply rules, and only depot and cities allow the resupply, is it okay that i can resupply near a city held by a.i. (aka opposite side)? i'm not sure about this
I'm not either ... I guess a save is on the way :yes
sorry, it was a false alarm, it's not possible, i checked a few possible situations (recon movement, overrun, skipping a turn), and a city held by te opposite side doesn't resupply, i guess i missed a friendly depot or i'm just :grumpy :banghead :phew
efiles:

campaigns:

Puma
Major
Major

Post by Puma » 2020-03-05 23:29, Thursday

Has anyone ever got a leader on fortifications class? When I set leader possibility to 100 % they still do not get a look a leader.
BaseKorp Efile

mythos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mythos » 2020-03-06 05:30, Friday

As far as i know, the Fortress class doesn't raise Leaders.

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-03-06 07:13, Friday

:yes

Fortifications class units cannot get a leader

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Re: OpenGen Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 0.93.3.99.RC7 (6-Mar-2020))

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-03-06 17:27, Friday

New 0.93.3.99.RC7 is available, as well as 0.93.4.26.OGX, fixing this issue:
  • Units spotted but unable to move was ignored when figuring combat fire/air support

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2020-03-07 09:48, Saturday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2020-03-06 17:27, Friday
New 0.93.3.99.RC7 is available, as well as 0.93.4.26.OGX, fixing this issue (...)
this version also fixes another two glitches:
  • prototype wasn't awarded if no matching gtp was available
  • prediction of the combat result was less accurate
efiles:

campaigns:

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-03-07 09:54, Saturday

lvjtn wrote:
2020-03-07 09:48, Saturday
LuisGuzman wrote:
2020-03-06 17:27, Friday
New 0.93.3.99.RC7 is available, as well as 0.93.4.26.OGX, fixing this issue (...)
this version also fixes another two glitches:
  • prototype wasn't awarded if no matching gtp was available
  • prediction of the combat result was less accurate
:yes I wrote in the change-log at my site but forgot to post here :doh

:bow :notworthy

Jaro
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jaro » 2020-03-07 10:04, Saturday

Luis - on your site the download description says: Test version: OGX.zip (0.93.4.24)
The OGX.zip itself is correct - 0.93.4.26

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-03-07 10:14, Saturday

Muchas gracias por el aviso :bow

Ya lo he corregido!

wallander83
Private
Private

Post by wallander83 » 2020-03-10 17:15, Tuesday

Icon Pack: adding new LE* icons, upgrading and fixing some older ones

What are LE+ icons? sorry for the noob question.

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2020-03-10 18:50, Tuesday

wallander83 wrote:
2020-03-10 17:15, Tuesday
What are LE+ icons?
those icons which have names (also a unique id) starting with the "le" initial, so e.g. le049 or led38, etc.

if you are a player, you really shouldn't worry about the details, just use the latest openicons package. efile makers can read the related thread and know what new icons are available for their efiles
efiles:

campaigns:

wallander83
Private
Private

Post by wallander83 » 2020-03-10 20:30, Tuesday

Thank you.

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-03-15 22:18, Sunday

Has anyone else observed missing leader names with RC7?

Two screenshots from my efile and efile_gus:

Image Slava Ukraini!

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2020-03-16 12:26, Monday

randowe wrote:
2020-03-15 22:18, Sunday
Has anyone else observed missing leader names with RC7?
do you have both names and namesex in your efile? if yes, please delete the obsolete names.txt

(i use the latest ogx, released on two days after rc7, and no such bug occurs)
efiles:

campaigns:

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-03-16 13:10, Monday

My efile doesn't use the old names.txt and i already tested it yesterday with deleting the old names.txt from efile_gus and KAISER. But same result, some names are missing.
Then i tested the automatic creation of a new namesex by loading a savegame of KAISER in suite. Same result.
Then i scaned my namesex for missing lines or wrong letters but couldn't find anything.

If i am the only one, maybe something is corrupted within my installation of the game after all the months. I will install the next official full installer anyway once it is released :yes

Image Slava Ukraini!

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-03-16 16:08, Monday

I forgot: Just to be clear, not all names are missing. When i have 15 leaders, maybe 1 to 3 of the names are missing ingame. In either efile.
Image Slava Ukraini!

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2020-03-18 16:30, Wednesday

randowe wrote:
2020-03-16 16:08, Monday
I forgot: Just to be clear, not all names are missing. When i have 15 leaders, maybe 1 to 3 of the names are missing ingame. In either efile.
is it possible you started to play these campaigns with another version?

+1 would you check ogx (march 8, 2020), please? idk why Luis hasn't announced it as rc8 yet, maybe he has zillion more important things to do in these dark days, i just can't reproduce this bug with ogx :dunno
efiles:

campaigns:

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-03-18 16:54, Wednesday

lvjtn wrote:
2020-03-18 16:30, Wednesday
randowe wrote:
2020-03-16 16:08, Monday
is it possible you started to play these campaigns with another version?
Yes i did that. I installed several RCs in the process.

Whith OGX i get either 3 times the same name but different (#numbers) or it is the same result as before.
Probably you are right and it appears because of the different versions i used while playing the campaigns.
Image Slava Ukraini!

Shinobus
Private
Private

Re: Suite-OG. Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 5.0.72.14 (11-Feb-2020)

Post by Shinobus » 2020-04-03 19:38, Friday

Hello there :)

I'm using the latest build, I built dirt ports but unable to deploy any sea crafts there? What am I doing wrong? lol thank you.

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2020-04-04 08:30, Saturday

Shinobus wrote:
2020-04-03 19:38, Friday
Hello there :)
:welcome here!
Shinobus wrote:
2020-04-03 19:38, Friday
I'm using the latest build, I built dirt ports but unable to deploy any sea crafts there? What am I doing wrong? lol thank you.
in suite? or you just posted it to the wrong place?

anyway, if it's in suite: my guess is the terrain is not sea/ocean but shallow, where some (larger) ships cannot be deployed

if it's the game, maybe the ports don't work act like an sh for ships

and please share the neccessary informations and files when reporting a possible bug, see this faq. without them it's not possible to answer your question
efiles:

campaigns:

Shinobus
Private
Private

Post by Shinobus » 2020-04-04 13:32, Saturday

Thank you for taking time to answer.

The issue is in the actual game.

The hex type is "Ocean"

The rules in the Editor allow building of ports (Can build) and allows the hex to supply, I can transport units from the dirt port hex, I just can't deploy any kind of shipping from the HQ.

The rules set seems fine, the hex type is also correct, I'm quite lost, I did have this issue once before, but I can't remember what fixed it? :bonk

lvjtn

Re: OpenGen Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 0.93.3.99.RC7 (6-Mar-2020)

Post by lvjtn » 2020-04-04 13:43, Saturday

I can transport units from the dirt port hex, I just can't deploy any kind of shipping from the HQ.
ships can't be deployed at a dirt port, afaik
efiles:

campaigns:

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-04-04 16:10, Saturday

Ships can be deployed at built dirt ports! I just tested it with OG RC7 and OGX and Baskorp Efile. As a player i use this for many years.
My builder infantry built a port and i can deploy my submarine and destroyer. Please note that the port has to be unoccupied to deploy a ship. When there is still the builder infantry i can't deploy ships.

EDIT: Just to be sure i tested with my efile and a battleship (which has ocean/deep naval movement type, instead of the destroyer's naval movement) and it is possible to deploy the battleship in a built port. Please see second picture.

Image Slava Ukraini!