Suite & Terrain Types

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
Wien1938
Private
Private

Suite & Terrain Types

Post by Wien1938 » 2020-03-29 14:05, Sunday

Good afternoon,

I've set up a terrainex.txt for my custom e-file in which I've changed a couple of the terrain type names (e.g. "Bocage" to "Dense Arable" & "Sand" to "Arable"). I can't get the map editor to pick up these name changes when I want to set a hex to a particular terrain type (still displays the old names) - do I need to change these somewhere else?

Thanks! :)

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Re: Suite & Terrain Types

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-03-29 15:12, Sunday

Wien1938 wrote:
2020-03-29 14:05, Sunday
Good afternoon,

I've set up a terrainex.txt for my custom e-file in which I've changed a couple of the terrain type names (e.g. "Bocage" to "Dense Arable" & "Sand" to "Arable"). I can't get the map editor to pick up these name changes when I want to set a hex to a particular terrain type (still displays the old names) - do I need to change these somewhere else?

Thanks! :)
:welcome Wien1938

The labels in terrainEx.txt are there only to make easier setting up the table, but all the strings are read from the file "strings_efile.txt".

Be aware that this file is read as a whole, so should be careful and do not add neither remove any line, just replace the terrain's lines with the text you prefer.

:howdy
  Visit my website to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game

Wien1938
Private
Private

Post by Wien1938 » 2020-03-29 15:22, Sunday

You're an absolute star, dear boy!

Thanks for making all this possible - I've been so happy since Open General came into being. :)

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-03-29 16:11, Sunday

Not that "boy" ... sadly :lol

Anyway all this OG project, is being made by many other wonderful people, I only wrote the code, but all the maps, icons, campaigns efiles and rest of stuff have been made by many other talented guys along many years, so please: :bullhorn enjoy it !!!

:clap
  Visit my website to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game