How to Cheat?

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
br4zil
Private
Private

How to Cheat?

Post by br4zil » 2021-01-19 02:24, Tuesday

Hello everyone!

New member, but old Panzer General/Corps fan here. I have a simple question that i couldnt find the answer anywhere, is there a way to cheat in Open General?

I mostly wanted a "instant victory" and "remove fog of war" cheat to check out some of the campaigns before i decide to commit hours and hours into them.

So... is that possible? How one goes about doing that?

Many thanks in advance!

none
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: How to Cheat?

Post by none » 2021-02-06 13:40, Saturday

br4zil wrote:
2021-01-19 02:24, Tuesday
is there a way to cheat in Open General?
Yes, and it's OpenSuite, the all-terrain editor of about everything OpenGeneral, included in your installation: It can create/edit scenarios, but also savegames and equipment files (E-Files), so the only limit is your imagination.
Battle too hard? Edit your savegame and repair your units, change them for better ones, add additional ones, give yourself more money to buy new ones - All is possible with OpenSuite.

br4zil wrote:
2021-01-19 02:24, Tuesday
check out some of the campaigns before i decide to commit hours and hours into them.
Same answer: OpenSuite. It's the scenario/campaign editor, and the quickest and easiest way to see what's inside is to load the scenarios and check if you like what you see. If you want to explore a campaign it is way better than any "instant win" cheat code, because when you start a scenario, fog of war hides the enemy forces, so you'll have no idea what would had happen if you had played it.

To not spoil the surprises and thus the fun, I'd suggest to just open the campaign (file linking the scenarios) and check the scenario titles inside. This will give you an idea of how long it is and where it's heading, without telling you exactly what will happen.

Hope this helps.

Robi
Private
Private

Post by Robi » 2022-05-08 14:44, Sunday

Hey, and I have a question regarding the "fog of war", can it somehow be turned off automatically, like it was on Panzer General I, so that all enemy troops can be seen?

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2022-05-08 16:30, Sunday

Robi wrote:
2022-05-08 14:44, Sunday
Hey, and I have a question regarding the "fog of war", can it somehow be turned off automatically, like it was on Panzer General I, so that all enemy troops can be seen?
It is not possibel to turn of the fog of war. You have to load your savegames into SUITE when you want to see all enemy units. Though that's not really practicable if you want to see the enemy continuously.
Image Slava Ukraini!

PrinzMurmel
Private
Private

Post by PrinzMurmel » 2022-05-09 09:52, Monday

What you also can do: Disable the AI, using Hotkey <ALT>-A. With this when you end your turn and the computer player takes over, you will see the map as it sees it. But it won't do anything, you have full control over the enemy's units now and can play its side if you want :P