Wish: Custom list of protos by trigger

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Wish: Custom list of protos by trigger

Post by REDrake » 2021-01-30 15:13, Saturday

I want to change the idea behind the trigger for protos in some of my campaigns. What I intend is for it to be used as a trigger for getting captured enemy equipment (similar to something you can get in PG3 3D). As an example, a german unit triggers a hex and the player is granted a unit from a random list of capturable equipments from that specific time (in 1941, on Eastern Front, it could be either a T34 or a T26 or a KV1A or a KV2 or a 12.2 arty among others).

For this I already created units in my file which are in effect captured equipments (complete with a faction tag for them). Now, I would like them to add to a custom list of quasi-protos which can only be acessed when hitting the specific trigger. It can be either a proto trigger or a trigger that has a custom list of units to be awarded (later option sounds more feasible as it does not break the idea behind the trigger for protos).

Can this be added to Open General (and obviously in Suite)?

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Re: Wish: Custom list of protos by trigger

Post by LuisGuzman » 2021-02-01 09:17, Monday

REDrake wrote:
2021-01-30 15:13, Saturday
I want to change the idea behind the trigger for protos in some of my campaigns. What I intend is for it to be used as a trigger for getting captured enemy equipment (similar to something you can get in PG3 3D). As an example, a german unit triggers a hex and the player is granted a unit from a random list of capturable equipments from that specific time (in 1941, on Eastern Front, it could be either a T34 or a T26 or a KV1A or a KV2 or a 12.2 arty among others).

For this I already created units in my file which are in effect captured equipments (complete with a faction tag for them). Now, I would like them to add to a custom list of quasi-protos which can only be accessed when hitting the specific trigger. It can be either a proto trigger or a trigger that has a custom list of units to be awarded (later option sounds more feasible as it does not break the idea behind the trigger for protos).

Can this be added to Open General (and obviously in Suite)?
:hi

The proto-trigger can already use the .xproto file (if present) since version 0.93.0.0 (24-Jun-2019)
Change-log wrote:* Trigger can raise protos using .xproto if parameter is 100+time (months to scan ahead scenario date).
So you can even set some proto-triggers raising "captured enemy equipment" and some others raising standard prototypes.
  Visit my website to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game

none
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by none » 2021-02-06 13:48, Saturday

REDrake wrote:
getting captured enemy equipment
Sorry if I missed the obvious, but why don't you simply use the "Raise specific Core" trigger? That's what I use for awarding "captured" units.

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by REDrake » 2021-03-08 19:04, Monday

none wrote:
2021-02-06 13:48, Saturday
REDrake wrote:
getting captured enemy equipment
Sorry if I missed the obvious, but why don't you simply use the "Raise specific Core" trigger? That's what I use for awarding "captured" units.
Because I want it to be "not specific", but random from a given list.

none
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by none » 2021-03-09 13:44, Tuesday

I see, thanks.