AI 3 documentation?

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
none
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

AI 3 documentation?

Post by none » 2021-02-03 17:30, Wednesday

Sorry, is there somewhere any more in-depth AI 3 documentation, about whatever AI 3 features have been added/changed since v.0.93.1?
Yes, I've seen the change log, but the descriptions are lapidary ("AI3 improved", "Restore AI3 cautious"). Since all my campaigns are set to use AI 3 (old issue with naval forces if you remember), I want to know what I would need to fix/change/look out for. :huh

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Re: AI 3 documentation?

Post by LuisGuzman » 2021-02-06 10:39, Saturday

:hi

No I had no time to write the AI 3 news document, but there are not many differences since the last AI3 that you tested before.
Perhaps the only change I made was related to improve units disembarking from NTP.

But I'll try to revise the code to post a short summary of changes, although I cannot promise to write fast :(
:howdy
  Visit my website to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game

none
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: AI 3 documentation?

Post by none » 2021-02-06 13:23, Saturday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2021-02-06 10:39, Saturday
there are not many differences since the last AI3 that you tested before.
Perhaps the only change I made was related to improve units disembarking from NTP.
That's minor indeed!

As I said, all my scenarios have always used AI 3, so I have developed a pretty good knowledge of what AI 3 will do in a given situation - bugs and glitches excepted (there are several in v.0.93.1.1 I still use, but I assume they have been fixed since).
I just wanted to know is if some change might make the AI do unexpected/unwanted things, or is some tricks I had to use to make the AI do what I want are no longer necessary. Seems there is nothing to worry about...

LuisGuzman wrote:
2021-02-06 10:39, Saturday
I cannot promise to write fast :(
And I cannot blame you...
Besides, general outlines would be enough, a slightly more verbose change log. No need to go into the details (especially if they are not final and bound to change again in the future!).