A few questions

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
Major Heinz
Kadet
Kadet

A few questions

Post by Major Heinz » 2021-02-12 02:42, Friday

I have three questions.

1. I had a request to play with Open General's background music in the future. Now I wonder what kind of music that is. Is this free music and playback on Youtube unproblematic?

2. I have problems with the visibility of things. In my Let's Plays it is often difficult to read the results in the box above because the font is so small and I also often have problems distinguishing between the fight predictions 5 and 6 because everything is too small (at the MTC this also cost one or the other kill :irate ). How can I change the font size for the two things? I tried to play around with fonts, but the only thing I changed was the font size in the units window.

3. When I deploy units and the DH are on different areas of the map, I often have the problem that after deploying a unit, the screen always switches over to a certain deployment area where I don't want to deploy anything. I always thought this was a PG2 problem and was solved in OG? What can I do to prevent this switching? Especially with a large army and a large map, it is terribly annoying when I have to repeatedly hike on the map to the desired deployment area for each unit.

lvjtn
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps

Re: A few questions

Post by lvjtn » 2021-02-12 07:43, Friday

Major Heinz wrote:
2021-02-12 02:42, Friday
2. I have problems with the visibility of things. In my Let's Plays it is often difficult to read the results in the box above because the font is so small and I also often have problems distinguishing between the fight predictions 5 and 6 because everything is too small (at the MTC this also cost one or the other kill :irate ). How can I change the font size for the two things? I tried to play around with fonts, but the only thing I changed was the font size in the units window.
yep, that's true, the gui of the opengen is not the best for these full hd (1920x1080) resolution screens, unless you have a 32" tv at least :sigh my 15,6" laptop is hopeless for my eyes, my 24" desktop is more suitable: things i did:

- i use200% zoom on the map, it's good for units, the predictions, etc.
- i changed the windows (in my case: wine) system fonts, these are responsible for the texts on pop-up paneles like scenario briefing or texts outside the map

but hq is still hard to see, so i'm thinking about buying a 27" as all these efforts are botching
3. When I deploy units and the DH are on different areas of the map, I often have the problem that after deploying a unit, the screen always switches over to a certain deployment area where I don't want to deploy anything. I always thought this was a PG2 problem and was solved in OG? What can I do to prevent this switching? Especially with a large army and a large map, it is terribly annoying when I have to repeatedly hike on the map to the desired deployment area for each unit.
i also noticed in the latest exe, that when i select an undeployed units fitting for the focused dh, the focus is remapped, it's only Luis who can tell why

i have no info about the music, but i guess you can use it freely
»my real name is csaba (tʃɒbɒ)«
efiles:
Image Image Image Image Image

campaigns: