Revival/Reanimation of OG PBEM

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
hoza
Kadet
Kadet

Revival/Reanimation of OG PBEM

Post by hoza » 2021-05-15 06:33, Saturday

There are a lot of PG/OG-veterans on this forum who post, play, built and discuss topics. But only a few of them play active and most of these prefer campaign playing. I understand this because it seems to be much fun to develop and test own e-files, maps and campaigns. And playing against a human opponent may end in a hurting defeat. But I think it is the supreme challenge for OG-players ( only equivalent perhaps chess) because there you do not have the stupid AI but another human brain as opponent.

Therefore this is an attempt to revive this wonderful game by calling all still active OG/PG generals to a PBEM-tournament on this platform. First one would have to decide on an e-file. This seems to be the most difficult question and should be decided by voting of the participants first. The selection of the scenarios then would have to be discussed with the developers of the e-file because the selected ones should be well balanced. And then an organizer of the tournament and a refereesboard will have to be set up and we could start the revival.

Just wishful thinking as a veteran PG told me many years ago or possible reality?

:grumpy

Ramon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Revival/Reanimation of OG PBEM

Post by Ramon » 2021-05-18 16:41, Tuesday

I heard the call of duty! :salute
Here I'm, ready to fight :fight
My favorite efile is Composite gut I will let more experienced players to decide. :notworthy
I will be delighted if some developer join the project and help tailoring the maps for PBEM. Or at least to revive some "old" PBEM scenarios into modern OG features.
I really hope this call made it through enough people to have a real PBEM-Turnement. I wonder if there are still enough Spanish PBEM player to make a team... :-?