How to buy units

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
juddsilver
Private
Private

How to buy units

Post by juddsilver » 2021-07-01 23:30, Thursday

While starting a campaign (camp6503.xcam) with the openAK efile, I am disappointed to find that most of the units (the best ones natutrally) are not purchasable even though they are NOT marked "can't buy" in the efile. Is there a setting in the Suite to disable whatever is causing that?

Wonderdoctor
Generalstabsveterinär
Generalstabsveterinär

Re: How to buy units

Post by Wonderdoctor » 2021-07-02 13:23, Friday

juddsilver wrote:
2021-07-01 23:30, Thursday
While starting a campaign (camp6503.xcam) with the openAK efile, I am disappointed to find that most of the units (the best ones natutrally) are not purchasable even though they are NOT marked "can't buy" in the efile. Is there a setting in the Suite to disable whatever is causing that?
The units you can buy in this campaign are restricted to units a heavy tank battalion (schwere Panzer Abteilung) had. That does include :tiger :)

You won''t be buying many units anyway. This is the list (not all are available all the time):
- Pz IIIN
- Pz Tiger E
- Pz Tiger B
- 43 PzPioniere
- 44 pzPioniere
- leSPW (mg)
- 2 Flakvierling Sfl
- Wirbelwind
- Ostwind

Also: attachments are available (without penalty), but no more then a few out of the normal list of attachments - representing e.g. a few Flak attached to a company.
Last edited by Wonderdoctor on 2021-07-02 15:46, Friday, edited 3 times in total.

Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Aleksandr » 2021-07-02 15:24, Friday

juddsilver wrote:
2021-07-01 23:30, Thursday
Hello! I highly recommend that you either try a different campaign, if you are in a mood for big core with many different units... or rather enjoy the 503.cam as it is! :-)
It's a really cool campaign, and the settings are an integral part of what makes it work and what makes it fun. It's a real gem of design, and by tinkering with the settings, you'd dispel the magic.
It's pretty nice to have a small core, moreover made of three to four monster tanks, and once you'll get used to the rules, I think you'll like it.

:tiger

juddsilver
Private
Private

Post by juddsilver » 2021-07-02 20:11, Friday

I appreciate the reply but you didn't answer the question. What are the Suite settings regulating that issue? The openAK efile is huge and I like to experiment with many different units, not just the few we're allowed to buy. I saw the same thing with campaigns using the commww2 efile.

Wonderdoctor
Generalstabsveterinär
Generalstabsveterinär

Post by Wonderdoctor » 2021-07-03 10:13, Saturday

juddsilver wrote:
2021-07-02 20:11, Friday
I appreciate the reply but you didn't answer the question. What are the Suite settings regulating that issue? The openAK efile is huge and I like to experiment with many different units, not just the few we're allowed to buy. I saw the same thing with campaigns using the commww2 efile.
You will have to disable the fronts/factions (F/F) setting for each of the scenarios in the Scenario Summary View. If you on top of that want to deploy more than the restricted number of units in each sceanrio, you will have to add a Supply Hex in each scenario in the Map Settings View.

Edit: Have fun playing the campaign after making those changes, but please do not distrute the result. Thanks.

juddsilver
Private
Private

Post by juddsilver » 2021-07-03 21:22, Saturday

Thanks! That seems to work. Not at all obvious way to do it.