Game settings

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
juddsilver
Private
Private

Game settings

Post by juddsilver » 2021-11-10 21:17, Wednesday

You can access the "game settings" from within the game but there seems to be no way to change them and I can't find a way to do that with the Suite. Is there any way to do that? Also, I started playing the short Panther campaign using the Base efile and it's frustrating not to be able to buy ANY units other than a very weak Pz I tank.

lvjtn
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps

Re: Game settings

Post by lvjtn » 2021-11-11 20:54, Thursday

what do you mean about "game settngs"?

the scenario/campaigns setting like what units can be purchased, how many prestige points you get, etc. or actual game settings like speed of mouse, resolution, sound, etc?

players are not intended to change the campaign/scenario settings or efiles, though it's possible with suite. besides it's a cheat, using suite is not an easy task, so i recommend to 1. play another, easier campaign 2. play the selected campaign on higher prestige level
»my real name is csaba (tʃɒbɒ)«
efiles:
Image Image Image Image Image

campaigns:

juddsilver
Private
Private

Post by juddsilver » 2021-11-11 21:42, Thursday

My main beef is in this campaign, I am severely restricted as to which units I can buy. For example, in the 1st scenario the only unit I am allowed to buy are useless Pz I's. No artillery or planes or better tanks that the Germans surely used at that stage in the war. Is there a way in the Suite to remove this restriction?

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2021-11-12 16:37, Friday

juddsilver wrote:
2021-11-11 21:42, Thursday
For example, in the 1st scenario the only unit I am allowed to buy are useless Pz I's. No artillery or planes or better tanks that the Germans surely used at that stage in the war. Is there a way in the Suite to remove this restriction?
yes, there is

but this is not what you are intended to do. the campaign maker created this campaign with these rules. if you don't like it, i strongly recommend to choose another campaign to play with. when you edit a campaign in suite, you change the well-designed balance what the campaign maker created
»my real name is csaba (tʃɒbɒ)«
efiles:
Image Image Image Image Image

campaigns:

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2021-11-13 20:57, Saturday

while i agree with what's been said and you don't just change anything you dislike about campaign, you pick another one i'll tell you where to find those options not to "help" remove them from existing campaign (you ruin it forever) but just if you really like to know...

load camp in suite, load scenario and go to "scenario/savegame" options in above suite toolbar, then select "custom purchase list (ai and players)" i.e. last option from the dropdown menu, new window will open with units that are restricted buys in your scenario... all on your responsibility, not intended for players and not intended to change in camps as said when he gave you answer as advice - but now you know where it is if you gonna design yourself

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2021-11-14 10:04, Sunday

juddsilver wrote:
2021-11-11 21:42, Thursday
My main beef is in this campaign, I am severely restricted as to which units I can buy. For example, in the 1st scenario the only unit I am allowed to buy are useless Pz I's. No artillery or planes or better tanks that the Germans surely used at that stage in the war. Is there a way in the Suite to remove this restriction?
:doh

Read the campaign intro and try to understand it. If you are able to understand it, then you will not have false hopes in the nature of this campaign.
Panthers In The Mud (ver. 1.0)

This is a short German World War II campaign. It is concentrated around the tank battalion with its accompanying support elements. It should be perfectly suited for a lonely weekend, because the scale of battles is small to medium and they are not really hard.

You start in the autumn 1941 during the second stage of an attack on Moscow. Leading a mere light tanks company, you'll later become a commander of the whole tank battalion. Trapped in the mud, blood, and tears of the East Front, you'll fight the last frantic skirmishes of "Blitzkrieg!", and later encounter the attrition battles of the desperate resistance while "Defending the Reich".

===================================================== * * * =====================================================

Few tips on the core managment, prestige flow, and campaign design:

You are completely responsible for the ground forces. This includes the upgrades and the expansion of your core. You are not only a field commander, but also a quartermaster and a politician who uses his prestige to gain any advantage possible.
The air support is in the form of auxiliary units only. I used the "air missions" setting, so the planes work much differently than in original Panzer General II.
Completed CCs: 1x4, 2x5, 3x3, 4, 5x3, 6, 7x2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17x2, 18x3, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56x3, 57, 58, 59, 60x3, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67x2, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72x2, 73, 74, 75x2, 76x5, MTC I
Completed CCCs: #8