No leaders for "Fortification" class?

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
none
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

No leaders for "Fortification" class?

Post by none » 2022-03-07 13:02, Monday

Somebody please refresh my memory: Is there a limitation on fortification class units getting a leader (assuming their "no leader" special isn't checked)?
I'm giving them a leader in OpenSuite, I even make them core and give them the required XP level, but once in the game their leader is gone.

(What I'm trying to do is give some bunker structures the "camouflaged" leader perk, since this is the only way I can think of to make structures which in real life would be concealed less visible in OG.)

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Re: No leaders for "Fortification" class?

Post by LuisGuzman » 2022-03-08 08:17, Tuesday

none wrote:
2022-03-07 13:02, Monday
Somebody please refresh my memory: Is there a limitation on fortification class units getting a leader (assuming their "no leader" special isn't checked)?
Yes, fortification class units cannot get a leader, same that: GTP, RTP, ATP, and HTP
  Visit my website to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game

none
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by none » 2022-03-08 11:05, Tuesday

Thanks!
I was starting to suspect it, but I wanted to be sure.

What OG lacks is a "stealthy" attribute (a special?), working much like the "camouflaged" leader perk. Something to give concealed units like underground bunkers or camouflaged observation positions, or guerilla units. Something which the player wouldn't detect unless he stumbles upon it by chance (or it starts shooting at him).
In my case it is to give the AI observation capacities (artillery coordination) the player can't easily neutralize, but I can imagine several other uses, like the obvious stealthy guerilla units not requiring a "camo" leader. Leaders are rare and expensive!

Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Aleksandr » 2022-03-08 16:57, Tuesday

I like the idea!