Attachments questions.

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
7cscb
Private
Private

Attachments questions.

Post by 7cscb » 2022-05-09 16:06, Monday

Hello,

I love the game. I really appreciate the work of Luis and collaborators and knowledgeable participants on this forum. I've spent hours at play but rarely finish campaigns because I restart, knowing I'll play it better. I have read much of the documentation and suspect I will need to reread. I still fumble about but I do want to get better.
Is there a link with favourite campaigns? What are the largest/smallest maps? How large is the Open General community? When does the android version arrive?

Anyhow, I've only recently started cluing into the attachments and do not understand some descriptions:
Special Munition, "Increase dice used to fire according first param". What does this mean? I'm not sure if this is related but it seems to me units with Special Munition often crater the terrain, which encumbers my advancing armies, lol. What is the advantage to this?
Does the AntiTank attachment work for artillery?

Cheers,

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Attachments questions.

Post by randowe » 2022-05-10 12:41, Tuesday

Welcome to the forums :howdy
7cscb wrote:
2022-05-09 16:06, Monday
Is there a link with favourite campaigns?
No, there is no such list of favorite campaigns. There are dozens of Equipment files and hundreds of campaigns and i guess every player has his/her own preferences and favorite campaigns :yes
7cscb wrote:
How large is the Open General community?
Tiny :dunno
7cscb wrote:
When does the android version arrive?
Never :lol
7cscb wrote:
What are the largest/smallest maps?
The biggest maps are called XXL maps and most? of them are available at the Open General homepage: http://www.open-general.com/mapxs.php?o ... a=&omu=xxl

sympatyk made the most XXL maps and also the biggest maps available with 5400x5500 pixel or 121x110 Hex.

I have a thread where you can see thumbnails of my own XXL maps viewtopic.php?f=7&t=118

I can't tell you which one is the smallest map, but for example map number 728 has 645x550 pixel or 15x11 Hex. If i remember correctly the smallest map possible is 10x10 Hex.
7cscb wrote:
Special Munition, "Increase dice used to fire according first param". What does this mean?
This attachment alters the underlying combat formula to your favor, according to the parameter (for this attachment) set in the efile.
Image Slava Ukraini!