Disabled task manager

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
TheGamingChair
Private
Private

Disabled task manager

Post by TheGamingChair » 2022-07-01 13:38, Friday

Hello! I recently downloaded the game because it seems pretty fun but I realised it was lagging my computer quite a bit but when I try to open task manager I get the following message, Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

sympatyk
Major
Major

Re: Disabled task manager

Post by sympatyk » 2022-07-01 17:51, Friday

TheGamingChair wrote:
2022-07-01 13:38, Friday
Hello! I recently downloaded the game because it seems pretty fun but I realised it was lagging my computer quite a bit but when I try to open task manager I get the following message, Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
Welcome

Do you think the game is slowing down your computer? , disabled your Task Manager?
You want to get technical advice - then provide information ->
- what operating system
- how much RAM memory
- whether the disk is full
- what graphics card

To run Task Manager
- shortcut Ctrl + Alt + Delete,
if it doesn't help
- shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Esc

Dave Plummer, the creator of the Task Manager
If ever Task Manager becomes corrupted internally, kill / close it. Restart it by pressing Ctrl, Alt and Shift and Task Manager will reset ALL internal settings to fresh factory settings if it sees this keyboard combo on startup. By the way - this works with all the apps I wrote I suppose.

TheGamingChair
Private
Private

Post by TheGamingChair » 2022-07-01 19:15, Friday

Hello! Thanks, the game is def slowing down my computer I have even uninstalled it but it is still slowing down my computer, my power/restart button in the start menu now says "There are currently no power options available"

I have Windows 10, 8 gb of ram, the disk is not full it still has a couple hundred gb left and i cannot remember my graphics card is a geforce mx350.

the control alt delete does not bring up the task manager, it brings up a blue screen with "lock" and "change password"
control shift escape does not work either and it seems to have no effect
control alt shift also has no effect.

Thanks

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2022-07-01 21:15, Friday

:howdy
Does the control panel work?
Perform - System Restore
Because I do not know English and I use a translator - How to do it search the Internet (preferably on official websites)
Make a backup of important files to an external / different drive
Next option - system recovery from windows 10 disc
Note here - there is a risk that you will see the computer "clean" as if you bought it -> reinstalling all programs from scratch
If the cause of the damage is not software, then you should check the computer disk - whether it is not damaged (clusters, boot partition, etc.)

Good luck

TheGamingChair
Private
Private

Post by TheGamingChair » 2022-07-01 23:33, Friday

Alright Thanks