What is Efile + campain closest to original PG2 blitzkrieg campain ?

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
karaluch
Private
Private

What is Efile + campain closest to original PG2 blitzkrieg campain ?

Post by karaluch » 2023-09-25 07:00, Monday

Hi.

What is efile and campain name if i want to play in context closest to original Panzer General 2 blitzkrieg campain ?

Thx.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: What is Efile + campain closest to original PG2 blitzkrieg campain ?

Post by Ale » 2023-09-25 20:20, Monday

welcome, regarding question we are talking some times long past so to say, i came to old forums related to PG2 mods 20 years ago and even then there was no e-files relatable directly to original, for example

evolution went on turn of the millenium (and century) already towards so called high cost efiles and in that sense prices were very different (while you could buy 3 tanks for say 1000p in most files then you could buy just one and most players went along with it as original was to easy for most of us etc) and stats as well changed way back then etc.

to cut it short - do not even remember unit stats of original to answer directly - but instead take a look at "CC subforum" pals are hosting for similar reasons with compilation of popular or good campaigns through years ; ...there are things like extended Blitz campaign (with scens added to original), Millerblitz etc, look there - with all sorts of efiles, some of the first were with efiles with prices close to original

(don't even play so much myself, but OG is great thing to have and all in one place, easy switchable etc. so great to have - maybe you get precise answer instead of my direction where to look, quasi answer)

Bombast the Blue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: What is Efile + campain closest to original PG2 blitzkrieg campain ?

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2023-10-06 14:06, Friday

For copyright reasons no original PG2 elements are included in the Open General package.
It includes two e-files that emulate, to the extent possible with game engine differences, the ancient PG (Panzer General 1) and PeG (Peoples General).
Respectively, OPENPG and OPENPEG.
There is also an adaptation of Fantasy General not included with the Open General package:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=107 (Links to various e-files on first post)
For an experience close as possible to PG2 download and install the "PG2 pack" that may be found here:
http://www.open-general.com/installer-spec.php

As well pointed out in previous post, there are various modified versions based on the original campaigns, in various e-files.