Two Questions(about new scens and e-files)

Tips and tricks for the designers, playtests.

Moderator: Wonderdoctor

MaXX_Oltt
Private
Private

Two Questions(about new scens and e-files)

Post by MaXX_Oltt » 2022-07-16 09:53, Saturday

Hello!
I've got two questions :)
1) Where are the new (historical, WWII era) scenarios? I mean - detailed with real unit names, like those scenarios that Hannes Gruber, Stephen deJong or Sapper1_6 did???
Мaybe everyone has already lost interest in individual scenarios and switched to campaigns? or am I missed something? :huh

2)And which of the available e-files is the most popular now? In my opinion, the largest number of scenarios (and campaign) made for von Adler's AK? Or I'm wrong? :dunno

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Two Questions(about new scens and e-files)

Post by randowe » 2022-07-16 13:24, Saturday

MaXX_Oltt wrote:
2022-07-16 09:53, Saturday
1) Where are the new (historical, WWII era) scenarios? I mean - detailed with real unit names, like those scenarios that Hannes Gruber, Stephen deJong or Sapper1_6 did???
Мaybe everyone has already lost interest in individual scenarios and switched to campaigns? or am I missed something? :huh
Since i joined JP's in 2017 i never heared of a new historic WW2 standalone scenario. At least i don't remember one :bonk
So, yeah, it's mostly about campaigns nowadays. More scenarios - more fun :lol
MaXX_Oltt wrote:
2022-07-16 09:53, Saturday
2)And which of the available e-files is the most popular now? In my opinion, the largest number of scenarios (and campaign) made for von Adler's AK? Or I'm wrong? :dunno
How would you measure popularity? AK for example was abandoned long time ago. In the past, 10 or 15 years ago (or 20 years, i don't know), there were fewer efiles than we have now so of course there are more scenarios and campaigns for the older efiles. In the past there were also many more active designers working on new stuff. But almost all efiles have been abandoned by now and most designers quit long time ago.

As a player you should play what is interesting for you, campaigns and/or scenarios, and what is the most fun for you.
As a designer you should pick the efile you like the most and fit your plans the best. But, naturally, there is no support for abandoned efiles :dunno
Depends on your plans.
Image Slava Ukraini!

MaXX_Oltt
Private
Private

Re: Two Questions(about new scens and e-files)

Post by MaXX_Oltt » 2022-07-17 08:55, Sunday

How would you measure popularity? AK for example was abandoned long time ago
Obviously this is a matter of habit - I started with the original Panzer General 2, then I discovered the von Adler site, even before Open General, and for the AK's-file file there was the largest number of scenarios /campaigns
As a designer you should pick the efile you like the most and fit your plans the best. But, naturally, there is no support for abandoned efiles :dunno
Depends on your plans.
Plans are simple :) - to upload couple of my own long-ago completed scenarios