Panzer General 2 soundfiles

Tips and tricks for the designers, playtests.

Moderator: Wonderdoctor

PzSgt
Private
Private

Panzer General 2 soundfiles

Post by PzSgt » 2022-08-07 10:41, Sunday

Hi,

This is related to Panzer General 2 (I know this forum is for Open General but all the old forums and most of the fansites for PG2 seem to be gone). I am trying to install the "soundup" sounds files for PG2 but it uses an 16 bit installer which can't be opened with Windows 10. It it tries to convert the sound files to ".MEL" format which PG2 uses for SFX sound files.

Would anyone happen to still have these old soundfiles in .MEL format or a way to convert .mp3/.wav files to .MEL? The "soundup" file can be found on "adlerkorps.com" site for example. It seems there has been a tool for this in the past called " PGII Sound Converter v1.00 by Lasse Jensen", but the download link can no longer be found.

Thanks in advance!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Re: Panzer General 2 soundfiles

Post by LuisGuzman » 2022-08-07 12:30, Sunday

:welcome PzSgt
PzSgt wrote:
2022-08-07 10:41, Sunday
Hi,

This is related to Panzer General 2 (I know this forum is for Open General but all the old forums and most of the fansites for PG2 seem to be gone). I am trying to install the "soundup" sounds files for PG2 but it uses an 16 bit installer which can't be opened with Windows 10. It it tries to convert the sound files to ".MEL" format which PG2 uses for SFX sound files.

Would anyone happen to still have these old soundfiles in .MEL format or a way to convert .mp3/.wav files to .MEL? The "soundup" file can be found on "adlerkorps.com" site for example. It seems there has been a tool for this in the past called " PGII Sound Converter v1.00 by Lasse Jensen", but the download link can no longer be found.

Thanks in advance!
I have all PG2's .MEL files so I can send you by email if you either email me or send a PM with your email.
I'd sent 3 RAR files (for 1xxx, 2xxx and 3xxx) and a PG2_SFX.txt file to use with the Suite_PG2
:howdy
  Visit my website to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game

PzSgt
Private
Private

Post by PzSgt » 2022-08-07 13:05, Sunday

Hi Luis,

I've sent you an email, thank you so much! You've done great work for the PG community over the years. :notworthy

Bamsai
Private
Private

Post by Bamsai » 2022-11-28 13:40, Monday

I have the same problem Luis, i downloaded the game last friday.
I used to have this game years ago but the removal of flashplayer made it impossible to play.
I want to use the adler corps equipment files but can not convert all MP3 files.

I would appreciate your help.