CC LXII Announcement

For Honor and Japan by Arkadiusz Psyk for Waffenkammer Efile.

Moderator: Parabellum

CC Team
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

CC LXII Announcement

Post by CC Team » 2019-09-22 09:08, Sunday

CC Team is proud to announce
Campaign Challenge LXII

For Honor and Japan
By Arkadiusz Psyk and modified for OpenGen by Pzmanaic
Efile is a modified version of Rohan's Waffenkammer upgrade 9.0

Campaign:

This is a Japanese campaign that is a couple of years old. I doubt that many of you have played the original version. What might seem strange is that it uses the Waffenkammer e-file even though that e-file was obsolete by the time this campaign was created.

When I first played the campaign I was just looking for something different to play – and at the same time checking out how a PG2 campaign would play in Open Gen. After running it through I noticed that there were some interesting scenarios in the campaign, and in general a good variety of scenarios, so I decided to remove some of the scenarios that I found uninteresting, and make the campaign path strictly linear. In addition there was one particular scenario that had to be slightly redesigned in order to work due to the problem with the AI buying a lot of stuff at supply hexes. Other than that I haven’t done much to the scenario design. After removing 16 scenarios we’re left with a reduced CC version of 34 scenarios, which will most likely be more than enough for most players.
Many of the scenarios have supply hexes that can be captured and you can deploy from these hexes, so in fact you will find that there are several ways of playing these scenarios, which of course makes the campaign interesting.

The campaign does NOT have any text files, so there are no introductions nor any other messages. It is possible that the campaign designer has made some, but I haven’t found any. Most often you will soon grasp what you have to do in order to win the scenario. Either you have some VHs to capture or you will have to kill all enemy units. Some of the scenarios are naval scenarios without VHs – in these cases you will have to search out and destroy all enemy aircraft and naval units. The final scenario ("Last Stand") uses the new victory conditions, so basically victory is determined by the number of VH you hold at the end of the scenario.

The strong points of the campaign as I see it are – a great variety of scenario design, and a good variety of maps – you will get to battle on maps that are rarely seen in many CCs. Yes, I know that some players will complain about no named units, and no scenario intros and the fact that this is basically a Japanese Blitzkrieg campaign – but try not to bother too much about it and enjoy the campaign.

Finally some important messages and advice.

On scenario set on the Malta map
Once you have taken a flag on the Malta map, you can’t lose the ownership of that flag. If you do so the scenario will automatically end in a loss. Yes I know it’s a “bug”, and that I could have changed the victory conditions in the scenario, but I decided to keep it as it is, as it makes the scenario more challenging.

On deployment
Please note that it often pays off not to deploy all units in starting hexes, or at sea. Look for supply hexes that might be used, and capture these and deploy from these instead.

On core building
You will need a big and experienced air-force. I strongly advise to have mostly carrier-based fighters, since you will not be able to deploy land-based fighters in some of the naval scenarios. In addition you will also need a good naval contingent. A couple of Yamato class battleships are good to have.

The campaign has been playtested twice by myself - both at 50% and at 100%, and at 25% it should also be playable albeit slightly tricky in some of the earlier scenarios.. But in general there is much after-scenario prestige so even at 50% you will be able to afford over-strengthening of some units that you normally can’t afford to OS with a more expensive e-file (ie you can OS a fighter to 15 strength without emptying the bank)

Enjoy the Challenge!!

Requirements:

OpenGen, 0.90.23.1 version (or one with F & F enabled) or newer.

Please note that you HAVE to use the special CC version of this campaign found in the download in order to play this challenge.

The playing levels are as follows:

25% Field Marshal's level
50% General's level
75% Officer's level
100% NCO level
125% or above Troopie's level

Players playing at the two lowest levels ( Marshal, General ) are as usual are asked to refrain from reloading during a scenario, or reloading for prototypes. This campaign is 34 scenarios.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download package for OpenGen:

EFILE_CC62.zip

Original post updated by lvjtn
:monster Image :monster
Parabellum, Urica, Wonderdoctor, lvjtn