REDrake's REDPac Efile thread

Discussions about official and unofficial OpenGen Efiles.

Moderator: REDrake

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

REDrake's REDPac Efile thread

Post by REDrake » 2019-09-27 05:46, Friday

Thread open. News coming soon...

BigRon
Private
Private

Re: REDrake's REDPac Efile thread

Post by BigRon » 2019-09-29 12:30, Sunday

Hoping I can play it soon! :)

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by REDrake » 2020-09-02 11:55, Wednesday

Obviously no work has been done this past almost 1 year on my e-file. I still have the files and the campaigns I worked on, but I will need some time to look over them and see where can I start over.
Old JP's Panzers boards are down for good, so there is no chance to recover my old thread.

I had a monumental crash on my home laptop early this year that made me lose a lot of files, but thankfully everything that I worked on my e-file was already saved since the last time I worked on it in October 2019 on a flash drive.

My Superblitz campaign was very close to being finished, 6-7 scenarios left to do, but it still needed refinement, fixing, texts and of course testing. As in this alternate WW2 campaign, the war ends in November 1944, it should have some interesting possibilities...

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-09-02 16:55, Wednesday

:howdy

I don't know if this is of any relevance nowadays, but when this forum was new, i copied my testrun of your DMK campaign from JP's to this forum because i somehow liked it will the pictures and stuff: viewtopic.php?p=1265#p1265
Image Slava Ukraini!

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by REDrake » 2020-09-07 07:58, Monday

randowe wrote:
2020-09-02 16:55, Wednesday
:howdy

I don't know if this is of any relevance nowadays, but when this forum was new, i copied my testrun of your DMK campaign from JP's to this forum because i somehow liked it will the pictures and stuff: viewtopic.php?p=1265#p1265
I know. I saw. Thanks.

At least one of those threads was saved...

Made a few fixes on my e-file after re-reading that thread (including Westfalen fix of the name...).

Started looking over the campaigns I had in works. Looks like my Superblitz campaign with Germany (64 scenarios is close to being finished). Only 7 scenarios left to do. But I do have to write texts, modify the Leningrad scenario, by including the newer bigger Randowe's Leningrad map and then test it myself, beyond scenario 11.

Hopefully, if I have time, I will finish it this year...

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by REDrake » 2020-09-17 16:14, Thursday

Now I am down to 3 scenarios left to do. The campaign at this point has 65 scenarios on the main scenarios tree covering Whermacht.

In the future the campaign will cover Kriegsmarine and naval invasions and Afrika Korps. 2 paths which only exists on paper. Except for Scapa Flow scenario for Kriegsmarine path.

Outside of these alternate history campaigns, I am planning on doing several smaller campaigns (max 12 scenarios) covering historical cover of various WW2 generals. Not the already overly used generals like Guderian, Rommel or Manstein, but lesser covered generals who should provide some interesting stories. So far I planned out the structure of a campaign covering Geyr von Schweppenburg and one covering Ferdinand Schörner.

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by REDrake » 2020-10-18 18:03, Sunday

The update

The e-file received some fixes. Certain units got replaced as they were overpowered and not really historical.

Attachments had some fancy new names.

German World Campaign has reached version 3.0.

It got a new look, new scenarios and replacement of older SSI like scenarios.

German Superblitz is finished. It still needs some texts and cap adjustment.

I will start a playtest soon. I would like to find a site to upload screenshots on first.

Deutsche Marinekorps Campaign has certain small fixes and it might need a new playtest in light of recent e-file fixes.

Allied World Campaign has its first 5 scenarios. More will come, when I have the time.

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by REDrake » 2020-10-24 11:02, Saturday

Made a few more fixes from bugs I noticed.

I also changed the flags for Germany to remove the swastika and replaced it with BalkanKreuz. I then changed the flags for British Union of Fascists as well, because they had a swastika too... :|

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-10-24 14:28, Saturday

REDrake wrote:
2020-10-24 11:02, Saturday
I also changed the flags for Germany to remove the swastika and replaced it with BalkanKreuz. I then changed the flags for British Union of Fascists as well, because they had a swastika too... :|
Thanks, that will make things easier for some of us :yes Posting screenshots etc.
Image Slava Ukraini!

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by REDrake » 2020-10-25 04:11, Sunday

I know. Swastikas are forbidden, but hammer& sickle is not...

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2020-10-25 20:29, Sunday

....Para posted (or some other German member, so excuse to Para in advance) back at JP video of German band (Rammstein) having swastika in it, on SS uniforms in video of course in historical and artistical sense for the purpose of video making...

...either way - while i'll not interprete things our German members know better than myself because they live there - i dare to say that such German laws are a bit wrongly interpreted and understood ;) it is a bit harsh to say that symbols are subject of criminal persecution if used in historical games, movies or any artistic-simulation-historical use, my interpretation.... BUT do not know never read the law, nor so interested - believe Randowe if he knows the situation...

not time nor place but if my opinion is against such harsh laws in any country, as a joke i don't even care if Berlin is to have (in fantasy) 100 m high Hitler statue or Moscow 300 m big Lenin & Stalin... in practice it tells more about them, while second will hardly even accept that stalinism was totalitarian inhumane system, anyway :)

just you gave me good idea for post, so excuse for place that should be about your file and technical things... out.

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by REDrake » 2021-01-30 15:32, Saturday

I can't believe I forgot to post here, for the past 3 months...

Anyway, as a joke, we Romanians used to say that the Soviet soldier statue in Bucharest back 35 years ago where so high placed because soviet soldiers had a reputation for smelly feet...

On the side, back to my e-file and campaigns. I finished the front/faction updates on my e-file. I also adapted GWC to it.

Did some more work on the German Superblitz. I wrote texts for about 20 scenarios. That means I have roughly for 50 more left to do... :thud

OTOH, I converted my very first campaign I ever designed French SAS. I created it back in 2007... I might playtest it soon, but I do believe that changes to it might come too...

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by REDrake » 2021-02-06 10:40, Saturday

Sadly, French SAS campaign needs a major re-work. When I created it I was constrained by the lack of suitable maps make do. I was also fwr less experienced and frankly it was pre-OpenGeneral.
At this point, out of 12 scenarios only 4 are actually fun to play. I even have a scenario with almost no enemies, which is boring to extreme.

I need to revise it.

Otoh, my Superblitz campaign is ready. But I do believe that no one would like to test a campaign with 80 scenarios, so I will split it up in 3 parts. Each on different parts of the war, but all within the same timeline. Which is to say not one of the scenarios is historical.

Dimitris GR
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Dimitris GR » 2021-02-11 22:58, Thursday

Where is REDPac Efile? I send a PM.......

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by REDrake » 2021-05-28 15:25, Friday

Had a bit of a setback lately. One of my HDDs went down. I was able to save about 80% of the data from it, but some files got corrupted. That unfortunately include some of the text files for my campaigns... :whine