forum features: quick links and subscription

Important news and announcements and general discussions about the forum services, promotions, spam reports.
lvjtn
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps

forum features: quick links and subscription

Post by lvjtn » 2019-09-23 23:01, Monday

some of you might use the useful links on jp's forum to check the new or unanswered posts, read the unread posts, etc.

these container links aren't lost on the og forums either, they are combined into a new launcher menu called "quick links", what is fully available after you are logged in:

»my real name is csaba (tʃɒbɒ)«
efiles:
Image Image Image Image Image

campaigns:

lvjtn

Re: forum features: quick links

Post by lvjtn » 2019-09-28 13:57, Saturday

i made a connection between the www site containing the installers, documentation, databases, etc. and this forum

you can find the link to the www site in the "quick links". it is available for logged-in users and the guest visitors too:

efiles:

campaigns:

lvjtn

Re: forum features: quick links and subscription

Post by lvjtn » 2019-11-02 21:45, Saturday

another useful feature of the phpbb engine is the subscription. you can mark the threads what you are interested in, and then set a notification when somebody posts in this thread

1. select the screwdriver icon next to the "post reply" button (above and below the posts of the threads) of the thread what you want to subscribe to, and subscribe:

2. go to the "user control panel" (available in the top-right corner from a menu next to your nickname):

3. select "board preferences" tab, then select "edit notification options" menu, and set a kind of notification for your subscribed topics:

efiles:

campaigns: