Modern Warfare - WiP

People’s General Strategies, Tactics, Stats, Campaigns, Conversions, Tips.

Moderator: Micha

Duke Falcon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Modern Warfare - WiP

Post by Duke Falcon » 2019-10-06 15:53, Sunday

Yes, I am also care about PeG not only OG (albeit I know almost nothing about PeG). I made the Sengoku mod for PeG (semi-historical&semi-fictional, see my e-files topic for it) and now I working on the Modern Warfare.
But this is how I see it: this is a chance in a lifetime. I can't afford to miss this. Do you really want to spend your entire lives praying for longevity? We were born in order to die! Whoever is with me, come to the battlefield tomorrow morning. Whoever is not, just stay wherever you are and watch me win it!
Oda Nobunaga
What is MW?
Well, a series of fictional, would-be conflicts take place in 2020-2025 based on current political situations (expanding russian military and political influence, Brexit, etc.). It features also lots of modern crafts like the T-14 Armata while fictional, would-be units also implemented like the Leopard III (called Samurai ingame). So everything is included to have some fun.

When could you get it?
Well, alpha-stage versions may available to download from Micha's PeG site ( https://peoplesgeneral.de/ ). The reason behind this is simple: I know little about the exact PeG game mechanics so I create the scenarios and campaigns (plus the units' dat-file and the equipment, maps, etc.) and Micha finetunes them. So whenever he finish to finetune all the scenarios would be a complete MW available to download. 'till that see the alpha-, beta- or kappa-demo versions currently playable...

Not ready? WTF?! Then what the hell, pal?
You see, it is still WiP. The following things are done by me so far (what not means everything is available yet, see finetuning or accept crashes, blue-deaths and other troubles what you could imagine but may never ever really happen):
German campaign (Germany + NATO vs Russia)
Russian campaign (Russia expands to seize half of Europe)
Brexit campaign (Britain attacks France to secure it's resources and other kind of income)
French campaign (France not want to be a british province)
The last two is currently under finetuning for sure. But I hope it were enough to you and now all of you want to try it (do not laugh so loud!).

Is there any future of this thing?
No. Yes. Choose, really! I could say that I currently working on a Free Scotland vs Britain campaign (no spoiler from the story!) and already planned an USA vs Russia war for Alaska. And I want a North vs South Korea campaign what also triggers a Japanese campaign whom help the south korean allies to kill the Kiryu (red dragon, means North Korea).

And if you read all of this through, sorry, but you wasted at least five minutes from your life you may never gonna get back! Cheers!

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Modern Warfare - WiP

Post by Micha » 2019-10-13 16:31, Sunday

New scenarios made by Duke are availlable. It was planned for christmas but Duke was fast as ligthning.
This time a war between Scotland and GB for a free scotland .Please put the files in the peg modern war mainfolder. The beta is here for download.:

http://www.peoplesgeneral.de/Downloads/ModWar_scottish

I dont know if i can finetune and playtest it before christmas. Thank you 1000 times. duke.
www.peoplesgeneral.de
www.peoplesgeneral.de
Slava Ukraina !

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2019-12-16 08:59, Monday

Hello,
Here are 17 Scenarios USA vs Russia about a fictional war for Alaska for the modern war installer. But its an untested Beta. Unzip all files in to the Mainfolder and just overwrite existing files. Testing may take some months for me.
Duke did againe a great, great job. Thank you so much, my friend. :clap :banana
Here for download:

http://www.peoplesgeneral.de/Downloads/ ... 191211.zip
www.peoplesgeneral.de
Slava Ukraina !

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2019-12-30 18:56, Monday

Peg Modern war -installer is updatet and contains now 17 new scenarios about a fictional war in Alaska.
Duke Falcon made againe an very god job, thank you my friend for all you did for Peg.

This should be the last Peg update for a longer time. My every day lives leaves me no more time for new projects.
But what i will not give up is playing my 30 minutes in the morning with a good caffee.
In anyway we have now enough campaigns for endless houres of playing.
So come good to the new year and have fun everyone ! :cool
www.peoplesgeneral.de
Slava Ukraina !

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-12-31 09:29, Tuesday

Thank you very much Micha

All goods for the new year too :banana
  Visit my website to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2019-12-31 09:38, Tuesday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2019-12-31 09:29, Tuesday
Thank you very much Micha

All goods for the new year too :banana
Thank you, my good, old friend. :howdy
www.peoplesgeneral.de
Slava Ukraina !

farre
Private
Private

Post by farre » 2020-02-05 08:22, Wednesday

Hello

What kind of game is this? I have peoples general 3.0

Can you put some pictures? I have downloaded it, how to install?

farre
Private
Private

Post by farre » 2020-02-05 12:20, Wednesday

And how to install this game? sorry bad at computers

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2020-02-05 23:15, Wednesday

click 2 times on the exe and follow the instructions.
www.peoplesgeneral.de
Slava Ukraina !

Duke Falcon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-06-09 18:17, Tuesday

Today I finally finished the unit icons for Japan, North and South Korea and successfully added them to the dat file. Now try to add them also to the equipment in the next 2-3 days then time to make the maps should arrive.
A shitload of new icons were created to represent the "Asian Armoury" like Type 89 IFV (japan), KN-06 or KN-19 (both north korean) or K9 SPG (south korea) to give a few examples. Japan and North Korea also got fictive-techs for their late campaign scenarios representing proto-stage or paper-draw equipment (e.g.: F-6 fighter for Japan). South Korea should be auxiliary force for Japan but will have stand-alone scenarios to try their equipment (planned one is the "Siege of Wonsan")...
With all these things Modern Warfare would be finished and ready to publish as a whole game...

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2020-06-09 21:11, Tuesday

Duke Falcon wrote:
2020-06-09 18:17, Tuesday
Today I finally finished the unit icons for Japan, North and South Korea and successfully added them to the dat file. Now try to add them also to the equipment in the next 2-3 days then time to make the maps should arrive.
A shitload of new icons were created to represent the "Asian Armoury" like Type 89 IFV (japan), KN-06 or KN-19 (both north korean) or K9 SPG (south korea) to give a few examples. Japan and North Korea also got fictive-techs for their late campaign scenarios representing proto-stage or paper-draw equipment (e.g.: F-6 fighter for Japan). South Korea should be auxiliary force for Japan but will have stand-alone scenarios to try their equipment (planned one is the "Siege of Wonsan")...
With all these things Modern Warfare would be finished and ready to publish as a whole game...
Hello Duke, that sounds fantastic. :banana
www.peoplesgeneral.de
Slava Ukraina !

Duke Falcon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-06-11 18:38, Thursday

Now equipment has 437 icons for the units. When saved it also generated an error message txt claims more than 400 icons are used...
Is this a serious trouble? Should we split the equipment and have all the asian units in a separate equipment file or this 400 icons limit is just a remnant thing and everything will work fine?
Just as since north korean units are not added yet and also a few new ships awaiting implementation...

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2020-06-11 21:45, Thursday

Duke Falcon wrote:
2020-06-11 18:38, Thursday
Now equipment has 437 icons for the units. When saved it also generated an error message txt claims more than 400 icons are used...
Is this a serious trouble? Should we split the equipment and have all the asian units in a separate equipment file or this 400 icons limit is just a remnant thing and everything will work fine?
Just as since north korean units are not added yet and also a few new ships awaiting implementation...
Hello Duke, the limit was for the original old exe. The limit for the newer exe hacked by redball is 1000. Which exe do you use ?
www.peoplesgeneral.de
Slava Ukraina !

Duke Falcon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-06-12 17:29, Friday

Micha wrote:
2020-06-11 21:45, Thursday
Duke Falcon wrote:
Hello Duke, the limit was for the original old exe. The limit for the newer exe hacked by redball is 1000. Which exe do you use ?
For Modern Warfare I created a new exe with the PeG Suite of PeG pt.2 so it must be equally updated. I know the 1000 units limit in an equipment but I always thought that those 1000 units all have their unique icons. That would be a shame if the unit limit would be 1000 items while the icon limit 400.
Anyway I will add all the icons and units and we shall see if things work or not. So far the Suite displays all the units when create a scenario so I hope the exceeded 400 icons limit is just a blind alert.

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2020-06-12 21:33, Friday

Duke Falcon wrote:
2020-06-12 17:29, Friday
Micha wrote:
2020-06-11 21:45, Thursday
Duke Falcon wrote:
For Modern Warfare I created a new exe with the PeG Suite of PeG pt.2 so it must be equally updated. I know the 1000 units limit in an equipment but I always thought that those 1000 units all have their unique icons. That would be a shame if the unit limit would be 1000 items while the icon limit 400.
Anyway I will add all the icons and units and we shall see if things work or not. So far the Suite displays all the units when create a scenario so I hope the exceeded 400 icons limit is just a blind alert.
I"m sure its blind alert.
www.peoplesgeneral.de
Slava Ukraina !

Duke Falcon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-07-06 17:58, Monday

MW delayes a tid bit because of HDD death + data recovery. Not sure how many PeG-MW related stuffs are damaged (hope most data remained intact just some key sectors damaged what helps a lot to recover stuffs).
Now use the other disk (SDD) what way smaller and were kept for Win7 stuffs like StarCraft 2.

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2020-07-06 21:49, Monday

Hello Duke,
sad to hear that. Hope you can recover it.
www.peoplesgeneral.de
Slava Ukraina !

Duke Falcon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-07-25 07:29, Saturday

:bullhorn OK, this project had a strange turn... Still got error messages that there is 533 icons what exceeds the 400 icons limit. :dunno
- Suite works well and handle the equipment despite the generated message... :huh
- Scenarios and campaigns also started now ceased to work, or so, seems random so far... :shock
- Scenarios what starts usually crash around turn 2-3... :doh

:idea So, to even this shitpile I decided to split the game into two exe files: MW + MW Asia. This means that the korean and japanese campaigns and scenarios must be converted to use a new equipment (E-code transformation if possible, if no, well, recreate the whole). Names, Misc and map files still remain shared between the two exe\equipment files. This also mean that I may add some new factions like China and Mongolia as a new equipment grants plenty of space for them.

This is it so far. If one may have ideas, prompts or suggestions I am open for them! :2cents
Thanks!

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2020-07-25 10:58, Saturday

Plesase stop Duke, i have found a solution and already working on the second installer.
No need to convert anything !!!
Now working on the finetuning.
Thank you 1000 times for the great work.
Micha
www.peoplesgeneral.de
Slava Ukraina !