PGF Library: Omnibus Posting (ask questions or comment here)

Panzer / Allied General Remake: Strategies, Tactics, Efiles, Custom Campaigns, Customizations, Documentation.

Moderator: Radoye

HexCode
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PGF Library: Omnibus Posting (ask questions or comment here)

Post by HexCode » 2021-03-31 23:19, Wednesday

INTENT
======

The present topic is intended to accommodate poster questions and commentary as they pertain to:

PGF Library
viewforum.php?f=100

The Library will be self-contained within its very own, dedicated forum. As far as posters are concerned, the Library's forum will be "view only"; hence, the practical need for the present topic.

The Library's contents will be modified / expanded with the passage of time. This will be a long-term, evolving project. The information hitherto contained in this forum's topics identified as "[REF]" has already been moved over to the Library Forum.

The Library will feature information potentially helpful to:

Novice Players (NPs)
Veteran Players (VPs)
Novice Modders (NMs)
Veteran Modders (VMs)

It's always a good idea to preface commentary under this topic with the "[LIB]" characters. I will be doing so... religiously. :)
Last edited by HexCode on 2021-04-07 22:32, Wednesday, edited 1 time in total.

HexCode
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

[LIB] User Segmentation

Post by HexCode » 2021-04-07 17:14, Wednesday

For presentation purposes, PGF's Library is organized on the basis of the following broad user segmentation:

Novice Players (NPs)
Veteran Players (VPs)
Novice Modders (NMs)
Veteran Modders (VMs)

Obviously, the preceding segmentation isn't meant to be... air tight. It can't be. Users wear multiple "hats", oftentimes, on the same hobby occasion. For example, a VM may be play-testing some custom content of his. Therefore, he is both Player and Modder. To boot, although "Veteran", he may be unaware of some important Play Feature, and so on.

Bottom line: No PGF aficionado can know / remember everything at any particular point in time. Hence, the need to have an accessible Library "around". :)

HexCode
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

[LIB] Discovering "Little Things"

Post by HexCode » 2021-04-12 00:25, Monday

In its decade long history, PGF has never had the benefit of a proper manual squarely addressing the needs of Novice Players (NPs). NPs were encouraged to consult this or that SSI manual or hobbyist document and take it from there...

Presently, I'm in the process of putting together a rather long, online document specifically targeting the perceived needs of NPs. While doing so rather methodically, I'm surprised to keep on discovering "little things" which I didn't know before, never mind my self-professed "veteran" status... :)

So, hobbyist camaraderie is not necessarily a one-way street. If the... devil is always in the details, well, it pays to keep on enriching and expanding... hell's library ! :evil :lol