[DEV] World at War - beta 5.1

Panzer / Allied General Remake: Strategies, Tactics, Efiles, Custom Campaigns, Customizations, Documentation.

Moderator: Radoye

Jorge44
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: [DEV] PGF World at War and more - beta 4.0 released!

Post by Jorge44 » 2023-10-23 05:37, Monday

Hello Radoye: :howdy

I have played the Operation Bagration scenario and I really liked its efile, especially the new panzergrenadiers included in the new efile. Very good work. Keep it up! My work is piling up and as the years go by I'm getting lazier, but I force myself to update the website. What encourages me the most are the new jobs and the visits, almost 10,000, which is not small. Everything I've seen so far is just great. Don't worry, I'll play more scenarios and report back to you about my experiences.

Take care of yourself: Your friend Jorge :howdy

Radoye
Royal Navy Battlecruiser Sqn

Re: [DEV] PGF World at War and more - beta 5.0 released!

Post by Radoye » 2023-10-30 01:35, Monday

PGF WAW beta 5.0 has been released. you can get it here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/v7dvb8xe ... 0.zip/file

(OP has been updated with additional info and details)

:yes

HexCode
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

[DEV] Should PGF's Executable Remain... Sacrosanct ?

Post by HexCode » 2023-11-02 21:47, Thursday

Hi Rad,

Over the years, you have expended lots of time and effort on your WWII campaign(s). You have iteratively modified many, many "things" except one, PGF's executable. As you know, the executable contains a lot of data which, ideally, should have been lodged inside external support files. Is it not high time to begin modifying the executable itself ? :dunno I believe Lettos is on the right track here. I mean, you gentlemen are concerned about historical plausibility (if not outright hard-nosed accuracy), right ?

Take care,

HC

Radoye

Post by Radoye » 2023-11-03 17:25, Friday

Yeah i am thinking about playing with the movement tables myself... will get there eventually... still lots to do before that...

Radoye

Post by Radoye » 2023-11-23 16:20, Thursday

I am working on recalculating the unit costs for all classes in a similar fashion i did with infantry. It might mean it will be a bit more expensive to operate tanks and planes in the future making prestige management more important...

Radoye

Post by Radoye » 2023-12-01 04:45, Friday

Beta 5.1 released (download link in the OP). New pricing structure introduced for all classes (except naval), some stats corrections, flame thrower vehicles now all in the AT class. Cavalry are now Recon rather than Infantry.