Sports Thread

Place of the offtopic, funny or interesting threads, discussions about history, politics, movies and other war games.

Moderator: von Schweinewitz

Which sports do you follow the most?

Poll ended at 2020-01-09 20:55, Thursday

Football (Soccer), Futsal
13%
American Football, Rugby
9%
Track and Field, Athletics, Running, Triathlon,
4%
Swimming
4%
Winter Sports
9%
Motor Sports
13%
Tennis, Badminton, Table-Tennis
13%
Road & Track Cycling, MTB
13%
Volleyball, Handball
9%
Basketball
4%
Ice Hockey, Hockey
4%
Darts, Snooker
4%
Baseball
No votes
Sailing, Golf, Polo
No votes
Boxing, Weightlifting
No votes
E-Sports
No votes

Total votes: 23

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Sports Thread

Post by Ale » 2023-03-29 20:52, Wednesday

since Real is putting this down and favorable safely, maybe few words about situation before last 3 rounds - all over in 2 weeks from now ; but not for us ;;... about eventual socalled "circles" i have no idea how it works :) and might be unfavorable if more than 3 involved, but in any way not the time nor need... this result reminded me that Fener is also far, far from sure as it has really tough (on paper) last 3 - Baskonia, Efes, Stella away, don't see much room for "letting them" by those 3 teams, except maybe Efes if they calculate to let Turks patriotically, becuse they are finished :) ...other interesting thing in such calculation is that indeed Žalgiris has a lot to play for and potentially jump over 3 teams (but us hardly), so yes, yes there is chance and do play for it, dear "hot ones", even when sitting :) ...far from over, have no idea why i think this is best finish in decade for that spots. already seen Fener as "safe" after they beat us, far from... Baskonia-Fener real derby now in two days... leaning towards risking with them and us on friday and enjoy. Prefer to make things safe before the last round, because shocks are usual in last rounds and it goes wrong way sometimes, just remember fight for titles in football leagues... word on Maccabi, strong run I see Milano falling, but after that 2 toughs also... i count on old frinedship with Real (and deal I mentioned)) but it can be we to play against Monaco for F4 after all, suddenly our opponents look more relaxed than some other have ; ...Monaco is not nobody but we had shown that we can do them... not really important but of course why not reminding that all 4 are not "safe", luckily only 1-2 threaten. nice finish, satisfaction in sport sense and we did our job with both taking part and winning...

as i said haven't even followed that much for almost decade, noticed that EL is there only in 2018 and last year, but this one is best, don't know why again... maybe some game now and then, without even noticing referees - in that sense even Ana Panther (better then Tiger) is also new thing for me and love to see hear shine and do arenas, GOAT. She's cute :yes another picture, really haven't seen her before, so out of fun, and finish this intermezzo. Judging last night was indeed "smelly" only during few minutes, maybe we deserved some extra points etc. but not crucial for outcome as Vesely was merciless, but Ana was far in every situation.... do put house on us and Basks :yes but do join with your story before...

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-03-31 11:20, Friday

if my sources are true - maybe not and it is just some flash news - PSV was fined around 30000 euros for pitch invasion and attack on our goalkeeper (for Seville) "serious one", Eintracht some 70000 euros, "French side Nantes were fined a total of €66 125 for fans lighting fireworks, throwing objects, offensive messages and a pitch invasion" etc. while Partizan is fined over 120000 euros (if flash true) for some offences while 22000 only for "blocking passages" (usual UEFA term and punishment) which is also in Frankfurt etc. "bill" .... all fair :banana ...must say did not even watch the game against Sheriff in preparation for basketball game against Fener that was right after it - so really has not idea if there was any pyro, how much, throwing and (quasi) racist chants (used by musician Bregović in Europe)) so maybe guilty as devils from hell, can't comment but personally funny as always, considering that only few thousands watched game against Sheriff, was ghostly empty and funny considering that nothing close to attack on player was done by fans... but gop on UEFA just punish the giants :) ...not to mention that players get minor disciplinary "punches" for aggression, while fans are banned for life ; not to mention who own the clubs etc :) ...world we live in, why not mentioning even if unimportant and we are out of football competition for this year.... even Stella wants money from us for some local derby :) i agree we to support academic fans and professors that usually watch their game :) ...as i said maybe my "flash news" not even true - UEFA never fined us before, so maybe fake ))

anyway, this was funny only in volumes (if true) and of course i haven't even watched and it is nothing for our giant, while in (tonight) 32 games in EL most populated Arena on continent had no troubles... really some excitment for tonight for 3-4 games and hope for fun evening. But i wanted to say that - while i'll do with some symbolic amounts - that of course, for any idiots, both our game with Real (goes naturally as this is first run in decade) and also Baskonia-Fener game is very tough call, tough games in advance... only for fun if some thinks about them... Fener is maybe without few importants so bookies put thigs like that, but important game for them and with eventual win they also help Efes etc. I "believe" in us and sis Baskonia (one of few arenas where our flag is there whole season) and only for fun, but again 2 very tough games... if they turn out easy, doesn't matter and we both happy of course :) ...see you probably later with some humorous comment of great basket friday...

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-03-31 21:29, Friday

...on the other hand, you can put house on us & Basks :) two records in season against Real - most points, 40, in quarter and "personal best" of 104 points in any game, regular time, EL of course... 104:90 finish and playoffs now secured. Real players faked very good how they care :) esp. Edi/Willy/Walter Tavares ; for Oscars - as it was fixed game )

really beautiful results everywhere from that standpoint, nice evening... our not so exciting, nor Baskonia, but both fights and some passion - never seen coach Penarroya of Basks having such reactions :lol although probably passionate as always.. Baskonia game was "heroics" as it looked like "one of those games" i criticized them for ; but great turnaround and glad for them esp. since it was our player that scored incredible 35 for them :yes so definitely some "star alignment" & bravo sister... of course, sorry for Fener (club that mimiced us while absent) but pocket is pocket :) so i chose their game to talk more, our wasn't so interesting but had some moments and actually something fresh in arena till now - referee signor Paternico from Italy gave "red card"/technical foul and expulsion from the arena to one fan in first row :) (and he left not asking for money)) don't know why, probably with reason and some "verbal delict", signor Paternico judged us many and we mostly won every time :yes and we don't care in such nice night - but hey, something new and really unusual for us, thumbs up for that entertaiment addition ; wanted to present Baskonia "heroic" reportage - as always videos only after midnight sadly - we are safe now but possible for number 5, but most likely i'm over till playoffs ;

Dimitris GR
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Dimitris GR » 2023-04-05 19:29, Wednesday

I don't really like, but i respect him:

Jose Mourinho Stops Racist Chants Targeting Sampdoria manager Dejan Stankovic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFJaTbF0pvQ

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-04-07 21:36, Friday

honestly, don't see "racism" in there... due to non existing "race" difference, but anyway interesting story....

well let's comment even though i said i won't, but i already commented so much so why not last rounds :) ...finally one interesting, (quasi) "dramatic" game since Fener in arena, 84:88 win in Monaco :yes it turned out interesting finish and last minute decider with one incredible 3 by Punter and free throws finale, but it shouldn't have been as in one moment we had +15 in front of "shocked" Monte Carlo and Mike James (most "exotic player in Monaco and one of top scorers) who went into some heated argument with own coach, was fun :) ...mentioning James some reported how he had "message" for our fans, who laughed at him after scoring only 9 points in Arena and he said "you will see tonight"! Yep, he scored 10 tonight :) was fun and why basket is so interesting sometimes, already talked about our only "EL" title 30 years ago with last second 3 or game yesterday with Žalgiris-Maccabi decided by half-point and when some almost fell unconcios in Kaunas in last seconds when Baldwin jumped and shot in last second :) ...something rare in other sports mostly, but basket is too fast... fun evening, even Đolo of tenis watched being Stella fan himself :) AND playoffs now secured - yeah i said that few times but was obviously right... ;

wanted to laugh also at some domestic people who constantly waste money playing against Partizan, maybe out of envy ; while i could profit greately by investing in Party, so for them my posts were very usable and leading in right direction so i symbolically always had us or a lot of points, never against ; ... but unimportant even I did not trust much back in november/december but also said in december "season turnaround", was true :) Incredible scoring, form and how else with one of greatest coaches in history, thanks for accepting job mister Big :yes ...great season and still far from finish - maybe even aginst Monaco but both Maccabi and Fener need to lose for that 5th place and honestly i maybe see Maccabi winning against Real... again too bad, we could have been among top 4, arena advantage etc. (

finally, that "magical number" 88, if you noticed - scored it many times recently esp. in away games, interesting... enetering last round as second most efficient team (after sis Baskonia) - who realistically expected that? ...mentioning Baskonia - tough game in last round they must win, Oly away, good luck but maybe Žalgiris make it...... finally 2 :) nice derby in Stambol yesterday, Fener (expected) win and Ataman lost his thin nerve :) leaving arena minute before the end and even alsmost fight after - but as i've said Efes did let other Turks to advance ;) ....... :) ...great season so i covered it minimalistically ) bravo all.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-04-07 22:50, Friday

...also to add - considering that Greece & Italy had some "uneasy" past since Roman times and mutual "racism" :) but also French & Italinas had it (about STDs and similar)) or yes, Italian fascists did have rough words against Serbs and attacked our schools in Trieste in 30s, but Ciano liked us :) and Italian royal army saved our med monuments on Kosovo etc. etc. And many others.... i always put it in humoristic way or better said "talking without hair on tongue" so for Dimitris or any reader - I could never be offended by Italians :) maybe some "blonder nation" (even Slavic) can be offensive but no, not Italians so dark :) ...pardon, but for some having problems with Italians not to misunderstand my comment - never could be offended by them ; not related to that but generally speaking, don't see them as "something" even in Milano :) ...well, about Gypsies (Romans) it is on them to decide what they consider racism ; that's btw.

anyway, here's video since i posted :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ePHYG_7kA&t=1s

...we can always laugh at Mike James, but unlike some in EL or NBA he can realistically stop when he sees that "it is not going" in shooting - he shot & missed only 2 times for 3 for example... there are some who can force it and "rape shot" constantly and have 1 of 10 and similar and do not stop.... but Mike is "exotica" and fun minute in which his coach "exploded" if you watched prove that.... btw.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-04-08 09:25, Saturday

...or to pre-formulate or reformulate (in English probably) better said it is not "on them to decide what is racism" to actually it is on society to decide what is racism i.e. on objective norms.... saying as not to start some thought about victim/target deciding what is racism. It should be discrimination based on skin color and other physicalities as main definition... not to add to controversies is dislike of some religion (islam or christianity, if you dislike, maybe buddhism) "racism", as it is not... not to get into situation to label any tension "racism" as it might be in Kurdistan, English-Scotish, Basque or whatever as "races are different there" :) ...about Gypsies i.e. Romas, they should speak freely about where are they discriminated, of course and where they don't have equal rights etc.

anyway, not the place in this thread but you know me and i could add a book or long TV show on every subject. But subject is great even by small mention in one word by him... already talked about even (false) theory that our emperor (i'm fan) played role in Gypsy/Roma migrations by one obsolete German historian, other theories are that they came only after Ottoman empire spread, but unimportant... Italy and Italians as well, already said great inspiration and subject. Maybe they aim that we created Rome :) and some not to think how they were not also threated bad, mostly in US - some say that greatest single "lynch" in US was on Italians and there were jokes about "Italians are not white" etc. so they were victims as well.... and so on.

to add - some line was about "World Gypsy/Roma day" today - so I wish all the best to Stella fans! :) ....of course just joking and they are known as "delajlas i.e. delilahs" which is Turkish word for "nice girls" ; (mentioned by Tom Jones) ...just we are dark as deepest graves ; ...really our nicks were more about colors than skins and as we were very dark, they were colorul, happy hence nick initially, some maybe misuse today.... anyway, also to any eventual readers of that group, my posts are usually informative if not scientific ;) thanks for small but huge subject Dimitris :yes and end of intermezzo... see you with basket finish - simply wanted to add and not to use other thread, while subject is again big and have many historical short notes etc. have fun

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-04-09 06:12, Sunday

...we will all agree that sport fan subculture is/was very sport subject and something traditionally spoken about. so in that sense, more as socio-historical subject not popularization, this is that once famous wall-painting of Al in center of Belgrade... to eventual Italian readers to add that - I don't follow any more - supporter subgroup seemingly dissolved or "toned down" (Alcatraz) and his flags are not present... almost "sadly" as it was iconic and sounding name and iconography, even without any criminal element is "fun" and recognizable, should have survived just as iconography :) as it is not "racist, nor directly political" to anyone... interesting is that thing, sociologically again, of some "Robin Hood" quasi-reflection about Al in many esp. if we "knowledgeable" add histoical details about anti-Italian sentiment in times etc. Anyway, more to add as info, seems like "Alcatraz" is not so present anymore...

also to Italians, or any reader also, everyone should know that views are often created as followings of some (often changed) situation... Italian fascist are (in good part) very, very good example in short "fixation" on Serbs (although not important nor something through centuries)... more example of "broken hearth" ; Namely, D'Annunzio wrote arguably one of more informed or better "epics" about our history, showing incredible knowledge to details and even names of figures (although wrongly writen, looked original) but also names of Belgrade hills and such, incredible... he wasn't fascist in pure sense, but some connect him and nationalism. but maybe many younger natinalists then shared his views in Italy, something not the case in Vienna of time, for example... however later "hero becomes negative fixation" :) countless such examples probably only on continent etc. etc. not to mention that one of possible directions of "masonic penetration" was Italy, Garibaldi sent his men personally here & later. not to mention "black hand" (because we are black since middle ages or antic times) iconography they copied from us in America :) As i said many times great subject, but expected if we consider that Servius started it all many centuria BC :) ...important country (or region then) for us as well, as maybe most foreigners in our lands, during medieval "glory" (which created deeper identity) were Italians etc. just often unknown history ...not the place but simply do not want to post that I talked before in "historic notes" thread, again take it as post about info on "Alcatraz" ; have fun, join with some story you find interesting and of course house on us, relax in pub :)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-04-13 21:53, Thursday

...so we can calculate now and choose betwixt Barsa or Real, if we decide to lose to Pao as Maccabi "grabbed" Monaco, all as i predicted ; ...don't know, tough choice and most likely it creates circle of 3 teams and i still don't know how it works as for example we are better to Žalgiris but Fener to us and Žalg to them so it is complicated... most likely win then will be and we go to number 3... if Barca win then it is Real - good old pal, don't forget the deal, you let us to f4 this year ;

Baskonia, sis, you tried your best - 35 for 3 with 10 in ) of course there is still chance, Bayern is your chance... see you in playoffs if something interesting happens if not covering ends here... most likely Real if Barcelona also don't want to calculate and play with us

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-04-23 20:14, Sunday

....first time in history - i think first time but unimportant - we were given 2 places in quals for CL and we have one of worst seasons and want be even 4th so no conference league even :) imagine. already third coach this season but it is not about coach, although important factor... sadly we do not have even coaches anymore, once club that gave some famous names in Spain, Mexico as far etc. Not to mention players p.... strongly recommend to look at only goal of the match it is on approx. 1:40 if yoy want to skip... funny goalkeeper positioning (and mistakes) are present everywhere but really think such cheap goals are now rarely seen even in English 5.-6. divisions ;) ...and we want to play Barsa, Real, MU or Bayern... talking about that it is club that is currently on second spot leading to CL - which they'll hardly reach :) but good luck to them - it is famous Čukarički (Chooka-richkee)) very famous internationally and deserves to play some of mentioned clubs above ) ...talking about that what you all think if you look at video - is the stadium proper for hosting Bayern or Barsa? :)

but really not against them, more about us in situation when 2 CL spots were given... of course popular Čukarički i.e. Choo'kaa is older club that Party and Stella and is (quasi) private and deserves to be there, respect for being better :yes but do look at video for some laugh... mentioning Stella, they are of course the best, sensational, invincible and first, Bayern in fear ; but Chooka now 8 points infront... we will be overrun by Vodovodina as well till the end of season and not even in Confederate league ; ...good luck to our smaller teams and admit that we are first big club that fairly threats smaller and give "our places" sportingly fairly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash8x2YCKa8

doesn't matter, in basket we are elite and in thuesday start playoffs with Real... won't follow probably here, depends how i feel, but now you understand why basket elite was refreshment for us Party fans and how sport giants disappear :) ...as said, only if series with Real get interesting and other playoff matches... season more than success, even continental leaders... but Chookaa is worth to look at as video for fun, recommend for laugh... now where is that PSV fan-guy from Neverlands beating Serbian football goalmans - think we need him here!! :lol ...but really unimportant as said as we are in crisis for long, before Sheriff even so deservedly ; of course tell us what you think about all that events... :p i'm buying new computer so looking at best deals these days, btw

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-04-24 09:43, Monday

Ale wrote:
2023-04-23 20:14, Sunday
...talking about that what you all think if you look at video - is the stadium proper for hosting Bayern or Barsa? :) ...
OK, I watched the video. I think that Barcelona or Munich will lose here - they are not used to play in front of so many spectators ... :belly ... in our country this kind of thing is called "ghost games".
Completed CCs: 1x4, 2x5, 3x3, 4, 5x3, 6, 7x2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17x2, 18x3, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56x3, 57, 58, 59, 60x3, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67x2, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72x2, 73, 74, 75x2, 76x5, MTC I
Completed CCCs: #8

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-04-26 08:20, Wednesday

:) reason for so few spectators is punishment by domestic FA (everybody punish us for being awful) on our club and them, so only family members were allowed or maybe some of their good fans... but no, not our monsters. so nobody there to watch spectacular CL spot clash :) ...usually Chookaa's games are crowded of course by famous ultras, even Gabriele sang about their "Brdo" in his epics........

anyway, win in game one against Real in Madrid :yes in magnificent way - 30 years after many things changed, players, arena, skin colors and nationalities ; but same coach and last second 3s remain our trade-mark in big wins :) Punter as true captain, bravo...of course I'll repeat exactly what he and coach said after game "...only first game." but we already see that as huge step towards F4 :) Real has a lot of chance to come back, of course and must be said that Edy/Willy/Walter Tavares picked up some injury (just like in script Edy)) in first half so Real weakened later, but we were in lead even before... nonetheless, true playoffs game and even better than usual atmosphere in Madrid :yes (which is football city first after all)... for us starts to look like time when Denmark took our spot on EC 30 years ago ; but of course Real will come back for more and only first one... incredible considering start of season, but even 6 months ago I said we believe in them :) ...no idea why Punter was never called for our national team ) but - while NBA experts will disagree saying that they have tons of likes :) - but he deserves to play in NBA and back home ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU8hJ96VnWE&t=173s

side note - no idea what is it with American officials in EL, commentators, reporters etc etc even UEFA wanting to play CL (for example Chooka)) games in America... I thought first choice is Brunei?! ...i missed a lot of history lately, past 70 years - are we annexing America? ...maybe it is some deal them to supply us with blondes, well in that case.... :) ...only first, of course it will not be 3:0 to anyone

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-04-27 17:49, Thursday

but yes, for American blond :) (kiss)) readers (for exanple) Para is generally right, our smaller clubs do not gather enough interest in local communities unlike in many countries and is phenomenon i also like him always wondered why... Chookaa is not problem because it is from city with huge clubs but i wonder why not it in cities over 100000, for example. Maybe football is not loved after all ;

anyway, Edy will play, Edy-ready they say... we are still discussing his phenomenal blockade (seen in reportage i presented) all over the hand of our center :) but doesn't matter, referees did nice job generally. Edy's presence is welcome and iconic on field... as for the game in few hours, everybody expects Real win, logical to avoid eventual disaster in 3, it is matter of reputation. I expect it as well but played "a lot" of points in combo with some Eng and Spain football :) ...will not comment nor post video from this game - if we win it is only second game, hehe :) if Real as all expect win, nothing, see you next week with video ;

anyway 2 you know me and since me myself mentioned few times, not sport topic per se but why not reminding younger and older... for us totally lost importance as subject we are thinking only Uranus and future, mere historical subject and as I noticed in conversation that it is all mixed...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na ... lution_757

so UN Sec council resolution which ordered total sanctions on de facto Serbia then... when (not to mix dates anymore) how and how big. "all economic activity, communication, even cutural, flights" etc etc sport, so individual athletes were allowed into Barcelona... as said for history and where is actual now, i repeat i do not compare death of country with neighbour wars, invasions etc. but Serbia was penalized in harsh way and economy collapsed, sport also... for us not so important but hey, lets have it here not to mix dates if ever mentioned... de facto june 1992, de facto Serbia (and Montenegro as collateral).... all voted for except China and Zimbabwe - interesting is if unimportant list of non permanent memberers - do not see Germany, Italy, Turkey there :) but of course they would vote if were there... Austria, Belgium, Cape Verde, Ecuador, Hungary, India, Japan, Morocco, Venezuela, Zimbabwe ; nobody against, China & Zimbabwe "neutral"...and of course our sanctions did not rise prices in other countries ; ...as said not important for us again today nor "touchy" i like to post things some forget or where dates are mixed in conversation, so in that sense sorry for non-sport but luckily there are few people "hungry for knowledge and details" so why not posting how abd when... our current goals F4 and Uranus. (and we are doing it with American blondes and Australian ones...)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-04-27 22:13, Thursday

Edy did nt play, that's first...

there was fight few minutes before end of game, between players... massive, even (small) spiling of blood. Undesirable scenes, esp. not in moment like this for us, but also for Real, from other angle but unimportant, maybe only desire is greater in our players. While maybe alright for gladiators :) (Dante, our camadante, had worst luck in events, sadly) not for basket, which is fast game but relatively "soft" so bad taste, even in city we have in good memory (there were some Fuenlabrada fans on stands)) ...referees had long talks and abandoned game, giving expulsion to all players of both sides (except Rudy Fernandez)) and result of the time of forced end was recorded, so we won 80-95. 2-0. Incredible... videos due to events not ready, but do look at it tomorrow if liking basket

word about betting, gambling... do not really like "bet house" being our sponsor nor it is really productive kind of "industry" - would prefer some automobile or tank :) producer, avioproducers etc. that's what we are good at as nation ) But they are reality and i never lost nor won any money there, all for fun and afordable... but as said many times like to observe them sociologically - before game Real win odds were 1,4x in our metrics on halftime even around, although we having big advantage at the moment, interesting ;

finally - Real will be team in arena surely - but really like the moment when i joked in november how we are going to F4, remained recorded for history :)

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-04-28 11:16, Friday

Some players briefly mixed up the sport and acted out their wrestling ambitions. With all due respect to the emotions that the sport brings, but that shouldn't happen.
Basketball Euro League: Real Madrid – Partizan Belgrad
Completed CCs: 1x4, 2x5, 3x3, 4, 5x3, 6, 7x2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17x2, 18x3, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56x3, 57, 58, 59, 60x3, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67x2, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72x2, 73, 74, 75x2, 76x5, MTC I

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-04-30 19:20, Sunday

yes, agree... thanks Para for addition & for interest in league, if you looked even in short reports :yes as you know basket was big here once, this run is already close to our best since 90s so huge interest, though we had final4 in 2010... our club chairman said that even 80,000 capacity arena would be almost "small" ; ...anyway, lets forget it but epilogue is not so good - while "the wrestler" got 5 matches suspension - i'm even for much harsher punishments for sportists, as you noticed many times we talk exactly about their acts but often fans draw more attention & I talked it much before this, but well we all know they are "the stars" - BUT bad news is that our captain Punter got 2 matches, center Lessort one, while one of stars Dante is injured ; so next game we are very weakened in situation when Real should be finished... they lost Yabusele for long and Deck for one game suspension etc. Good thing is that was "Spanish-Serb" fight but no actual Spaniard nor Serb was in main role :) and Llul surely did not want fight... really hope that weakened team is able to do it in arena, almost would be tragedy Real to come back from this one.

for unrelated subject one dream i had maybe that day or friday - everbody i told to laughed... dreamt Arena, many fans, spectacular atmosphere and Party is playing final of EL, some final anyaway... in first row from bird persepective or camera perspective in my dream in arena line of Arab male dresses i.e. famous caps on heads :lol that was it and true dream, probably brain mixed it with football talks or Brunei joke of mine etc. but is funny how brain works :) ...even if we win it, don,t see what would it change in life, but obviously brain recorded it as "important" event ; ...other fun moment was from Madrid and comparing my older post here where I critcized Euroleague when we did not play - namely fans in Madrid chanted few times "Euroleague mafia!" and Real is team with most titles :) ...F4 is already huge success but somehow would be great our coach to round it at 10 titles with us. thanks Para again, think video is worth having here - i'm still waiting for new comp (now it is holiday again so i'm expecting it later this week) so probably would not post it.

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-05-02 07:15, Tuesday

Snooker - a typically British sport, but a magical one in my eyes. The last few days on Eurosport have been exciting and were crowned last night with a new wonderful world champion. Luca Brecel (BEL) is the first continental European to win the title. An extraordinary performance against an also brilliant playing Mark Selby, who set the highlight in the final with his 147 maximum break.
SELBY MAGIC! The First 147 Break In A World Championship Final!

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-05-03 08:03, Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCR4xsh-fYo&t=219s

Factor Edy ; a bit overused with almost whole game played, not nice for his "injury status" and age :) but shows why he is so important still - but it was our ex-player and to whome we gave first chance in Europe few years ago (in unimportant era and almost do not remember him) who finished us with one 3 and generally good play, Nigel. Is traitor right word to describe? :) ...82-80 to Real if you do not to watch video but it has some nice English-voiced accent commentator for change, so in line with basket :) for fun next time I'd like Scottish accent ;

word was before game that we had 2 reasons to lose this game - to clear Punter suspension in next so he be there for F4 and to crowd Arena one more time, but of course it is all jokes and Edy with performance cleared his name of any "hollywood scripts" on it :) it is also "nice" to see ex-players (and our coach friends even) doing good against us, often they wanna do good against ex big clubs so we are big ;) ....mentioning coach he said and gesticulated nice last evening - it is going to be "interesting game 4", now in situation when win is a must for both ; ...but coming back to crime scene in Madrid is not tragedy with all those Fuenlabrada fans waiting us to ruin them with last second 3 :) ...but let's say it is not gonna happen.

talking about interestings, should be interesting tonight in Fener-Oly duel... not only for being Turk-Greek duel, still less likely for fight than when two Turk clubs play eachother :) but as results is lined and all... and since Itudis shows no sign of backing down, since he become Ottoman :lol (of course, using some Greek fan joke, but Itudis is godfather of our club legend)... sadly we couldn,t animate any (hot) Lithuanian fan around (maybe if forum put their flag and anthem as symbols) as i'm interested is Žalgiris able for one win now... you know for some "ticket", ticket for F4 of course :) odds are not ignorable and maybe Šarunas give them ; ...last words, generally "greatest drama" in continental club events since penalty shootout with Newcastle on "St. Shearer" (former James) few decades ago... mentioning it, wonder how would rematch look like today, now when we are both elite, oily teams, living on Saudi money etc etc ; ...see you in Kaunas (can Newcastle do that thing, answer) but won't be there because I just invested my "Kaunas money" in new PC :)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-05-03 21:12, Wednesday

...but of course now game is sidetracked or in doubt even as we had some mass shooting in school, pupil killed pupils 8+ of them, some adults etc. First instance and such case in our history, not even during wars with many arriving armed and with weapons - not even talking nearest wars, not officially recorded in XIX c XX c etc. so first case ever, and even in "circle of tram 2" what is our term for old center of capital ;)

while topic of game is in doubt, even celebrations and right atmosphere - not really as it is "unexpected" but because as said first case and rare, I "love" those usual talks in situations and "whose values are that"... as i commented much anyway so only short in day when America and Serbia are "hand in hand" with such news ; it is really unimportant and yes of course it happens in other bloody places, east and west, and will... but in this case (as i talked before) America and Serbia (and Montenegro) are by hard-too-know-exactly and uncountable in world's top of weapon pieces among civilians ; ...and yes, both here and there values changed (while we were armed historically for long) and younger do not care much for balance older generations had while growing with some fairytale books, nicer cartoons and similar, simplified and shortly said and without generalizations, while this case3 was of killer from "higher society" so not really true generally... i don't see it as west-east thing or phenomenon as it happens in islamic societies, Europe east, Germany or so yes in Russia ; ...but hey, main point is "fun fact" that we are among more armed civilians and first case in schools arrived... would be "easy" if only problem in society/-ies and would be nice if politicians "in shock" were not part of society problems for long ;) really have no idea what with game now, but those things are scheduled... and we must win ;

(maybe some "fun facts" once in other thread but it changed sport subject substantialy - if for dark humor i remember how i joked on subject in other thread long ago and said how America should consult us on those matters of prevention, but now some would say we should consult America other way around on consequences...)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-05-04 21:06, Thursday

so it is 2-2... (78-85 to Real) for even person mildly, even no at all, interested in sport is not so obvious who has every mental and morale advantage and looks like end of hope ; ...but nothing is over though looks like "goliath" will do it (though honestly not so goliathic in basket, and no star is superstar)... two crucial games and "unusally" ineficient games in worst times i.e. less than (say) 85 points scored for high scoring team.

nothing over but should have been ) good luck to team in Madrid, would be nice but nothing if not... Punter is our captain, he'll play and we need him at best but from this peresepctive he should have fallen down holding his nose (like one guy in NBA did 2 years ago after Jokić slapped him harsher) and it would may have been one game suspension for Llull ; (not so crucial for current Real anyway, except as support) and complete team to finish them here, this way emotional reaction and consequences... but without him maybe wouldn't be here so just easy to say now. nobody is guilty, surely not always important point scoring Punter and hero of first game as well and season huge success - hope for trully spectacular game in Madrid and win, of course

new desktop is true power, very satisifed, best news in one generally bad May )

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-05-10 21:54, Wednesday

ahhhh, what to say one of those "great" sport moments and both teams delivered at high level as expected :yes ...mad, crazy game 5 in fact like whole series and in same manner with us having huge advantage on half time (+16) and Real winning after all... 98-94 to Real in last game, another "NBA score" sadly on losing side, despite Punter's "heroics"... marketing for EL basket (and continental generally, i remember days when we won gold in basket against Italy with score like 60+ versus their 40+)) so was mad series. Even great atmosphere in Madrid in last 15 minutes, spectators standing and emotionally and noisy following every action looked like big game, again untipical for Madrid when it comes to basket... even players of both teams reacted after the game like it was some final :) etc.... (and even 2 mass shootings in-between in two days with Real team here, untipical also for country, alas humans and guns)

well that's it, the end of season and coverage - F4 is Real, Barca, Oly and Monaco... we'll play next season in EL again but i'm finished, was refreshing but next season only F4 if we make it :) ... after all not historic season for no small club but from small and from hard-to-grab-elite-trophies country, but of course thumbs up for whole team, captain and legendary coach who decided to lead us after having such name and fame :yes (and he led us even in that final i mentioned with Italy, i think). Željko half-god :yes we stay on 3-4 final fours since 1992... do look at video if nicelly collaged later or tomorrow... see you with some gaming subject. minor note - do not want to see Batistuta ever again, seen him million times in few months :) liked him as player and like him speaking our language, "znam!" )) but this was too much (was on some domestic commercial on our sport TV)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-05-11 09:11, Thursday

finally few words on EL, future etc... they say since our Roman times (Servius said?) that "deeds speak more than thousand words" (just don't say it was Greeks, Aristotle?) and that is exactly what we've done here... wasn't really "veni, vidi, vici" (but was close)) but as place was undeserved as we fell out of Eurocup in 1/8 finals although being among main favs - in elite holders of spectators record, top watched this season and even "spectacular" fight with Real, top titled club... can't to more really except winning. So deeds on our side... being in top 8 secured place for next, as should be... even historically we are not great talkers as our famous second uprising started (and finished) with famous words by Miloš "Here I am, here you are - war to the Turks!" (again)... of course not against Turks today, they are our pals and Istanbul out fav "well of girls" (but few blondes)) just to picture that we are not of words but deeds :)

when it comes to reform - of course it would be most interesting and most fair EL to have relegation zone with 3-4 clubs every season filled up by promoted clubs, say top 4 from Eurocup. But also of course it is sadly impossible with season having permanent members and licensed clubs which would not support it without having place... second reform is expansion, as proposed... well, just shortly our interest is only to gain one permanent place (at least) for Serbia, country that had 2 WCs and many EC medals, 2-3 golds alone (with Montenegro de jure), obviously capable to fill biggest arenas, interested spectators and even club that historically won it... all that if current ABA (regional) league fails, Serbia must have one place. Of course it is hard for EL with clubs structure and non-private shareholding with our giants, but i'm saying just from our perspective and interest, as short...

histoically and philosophically (since mentioned) it is question for us not others how we came to place with so many tradition and medals, crowd-ability etc. in situation that tiny Kaunas have permanent member before Belgrade... but as many things historically, it is fact and that Slovenia and Lithuania could decide on us, we being oldest independent country in whole EEurope :) etc for fun... with all respect to Lithuania, i spoke only nice about their passion... so in short and as said, glad that this season trully launched club as "basket power", what will be future not so much on us - but again even American/Australian players had notion of such importance in their mind, flatters :yes as roundup... final joke again - if we are gonna "copy US" hope conference/division system will be well thought - i'd glasly do London lions every year in arena :)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-05-21 19:36, Sunday

must crown it, was evening of EL basket final.... Real Madrid is EL champion - again ;) I said it was "one of that great/historic moments" after they victory against us and it really turned out that way as they won it after historical comeback as they taken the title... congrats but you know ; however when you have 20+ titles in 2 "most popular team sports" (depends, maybe not in London but yes where i sit) then surelly you are deservedly considered as one of best and most famous clubs on planet... it is number 11 for Real and in most incredible way, 3 seconds before the end by Llull above all :) ...he and Real "ruined" our club me again as i had Oly win as last "tip" for solid money ;) so i feel their pain but really Real almost "deserved" after all...

we are history and forgotten but somehow final feeling is that it could have been us, just maybe ;) in any way, positive thing that at least your "small" club was part of history, not their own ; .... i joked about it before series and said they should let us to take title number 2, but they took number 11 after all... it is like in geopolitics - some attack 100 countries in 100 years, you attack one every 100 years and everyone thinks you are aggressive, imperialistic, genocidal etc.... :lol wasn't "written in the stars" for us was for Real as they say... congrats again, glad for their coach Mateo (looks and behaved as nice guy, and looks like average Madrid bus conductor)) and Edy who wasn't part of any excess ; and partly glad title went to city which was part of our only EL title 30 years ago :yes (Fuenlabrada forever)... look at video tomorrow, really Lllull and Slukas for heartattack...

really great chance was (again maybe) next time even Pao, Bayern, Italians, French clubs and all will be much stronger... btw, Monaco was third, Barca after all was weakest play of F4. I'm gonna have some fun with basket further as Denver looks like going it to NBA finals (team with Jokić) so watching not over yet, but final comment... glad we played big, almost important part of this season after many years

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-05-21 21:23, Sunday

final video for season and Real and us, have fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g15WPjlzKU

:) not my iconography (i'm medieval kind of impero-monarchialists)) but great song and greatest club east of Rome - as bonus for all readers and good vibes... Oh, Esmeralda my love is Fuenlabrada :) ....was great statement and season

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-05-22 08:54, Monday

if you however look at video and black-white photos as cover, small explain... since we have many fans in Scotland, Wales, Ireland :) ... :p Considering "Union Jacks" look alikes and British icon... well, while historically "creators of club" had some contacts with British army so could be interpretated + English fan history, not that at all nor political statements... if do not follow, it is black-white-gray version of symbols, something many fans around continent do for fun, transforming flags in their colors so fun...

generally, while iconic, we lacked some PR for club, but can confirm that club has some followers (or semi-fans) on British isles, in a way like Stella in Italy or similar... but this was case of usual fan colors put on symbols...

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-05-23 09:37, Tuesday

A look back at the last two weekends.

Le Mans (FRA) hosted the 1,000th MotoGP round. After the restrictions of the Corona pandemic, a record crowd of about 280,000 spectators was eagerly awaiting the event.
A Grand Prix weekend we'll never forget! | 2023 #FrenchGP

Another fantastic motorsport event was the 24-hour race at the lengendary Nürburgring (GER).
Record breaking 51st edition! 🎥 Full Race Highlights | ADAC TotalEnergies 24h Nürburgring 2023

The Volleyball Champions League finals were held in Turin (ITA).
In the men's competition, two Polish teams met.
Highlights I Grupa Azoty Kędzierzyn-Koźle vs. Jastrzebski Wegiel I SuperFinals Turin 2023
There was a similar constellation in the women's final. Here two top teams from Istanbul (Turkey) met.
Highlights | VakifBank ISTANBUL vs. Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL | Super Finals Turin 2023

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-05-28 19:59, Sunday

...what to say for Dortmund yesterday, mama-drama.... think now Bayern won't lose title next 150 years, when they won it yesterday... not happy as Dortmund result "cost me" btw ; ...unless someone like Schalke make a super team and de-throne them... wait, it's not gonna be Schalke, yo-yo team :) (meaning to second and first league every year)

however today was very succuessful (i mostly bet only weekends and this was the end of season) so symbolic put multiplied incredible 20 times, like those days, well done to all Spanish and English clubs for expected results... but AND AGAIN Germans were there for some last day drama, my gain mostly due to this effort and heroics by Heidenheim players, many bravos from me too :yes ...had no idea that in Hamburg they alredy started celebrating, but then this happened, many thanks to referee as well, superb timing and added time :) ...they won in 100th minute for a goal that promoted them to bundesleague 1... what a schock for Hamburg and must admit I jumped as well, like Heidi supporter :) again bravo, why sport is sometimes liked much and Heidi was most efficient team in 2.BL so deserved... Hamburg-Stuttgart is true derby of ex-champs for survival now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKQ-G8SDgdA

anyway, leave dramatic Germs to their dramas ; and again very emotional even for me ; but to finish with this... we managed to win confederate league (quals i guess) in Europe... team that won second CL spot is not Chooka after all, it is team i mentioned before as joke in context of Asano... as said many times, i'm pro small teams having their chance for glory, but somehow was "our place". It is called Bačka Topola, oddity is that even this team of ours was able to beat them 2-3 weeks ago on their mini-stadium 1:3... but doesn't matter, our football is far from able for great results and looking forward for Sheriff rematch next year... which i will not watch :lol ...perfect end of season and my posts with trully incredible scenes and money gain today in 100th as they say ; ... have fun, good luck to Topola against Bayern and Barca ) amd well done to Heidi again - Heidi is my favourite from Germany, generally :) ... don't be shy and tell us what you watch and what was superb personally.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-06-04 21:33, Sunday

...if you allow me, something interesting but just because it is end and fun ; of vourse we are not popularising it, it is just fun and i'm having it with sport, not obsession and of course do not do it at home, kids :)

have few people that do not trust me and my choosing of games, do not trust me that Party in basket was EL money maker, do not trust my 20x gains etc etc... of course i'm doing symbolic and never gained some money, but will finish season as proof that I had "balls" do play Celta against Barca - again, like last sunday winner on Spain and Italy, wasn't too hard and this one returns 10x putting etc... but really unimportant, just people not to think i talk to much but do not do "underdogs" small fun for the end (and never again i'll post this things)

was fun ending in Spain, dramma for survival, luckily for me, finished as expected... have fun, again unimportant and for fun and since i talked much here ; never gained much and do not do it if do not know how to control yourself... Party, Heidi and Celta my 3 loves :) season officially over by me ; ...btw, we sill do not know for sure if we will play El next season, but surely i'll not cover - must emigrate and then you know etc..... :) admit this was fun win by me, and admit Spanish football is best in last 2 weeks of a season (and bloody Roma, hardly won this...))

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-06-15 09:44, Thursday

Let's look back at the highlights of the last few days and weekends:

The LeMans 24h race celebrates its 100th birthday. NBA superstar LeBron James starts the race. Ferrari wins the overall classification after an absence of 50 years.
24 Heures du Mans 2023 - FULL RACE HIGHLIGHTS

The Denver Nuggets are NBA champions for the first time. The championship celebration is overshadowed by a shooting :gun and an escalating Conor McGregor :fight .
Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat Game 5 Full Highlights | 2023 NBA Finals |

Nowak Djokovic becomes the most successful player of all time and now leads the list of Grand Slam winners alone :iwin .
Novak Djokovic vs Casper Ruud - Final Highlights I Roland-Garros 2023

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-06-19 21:12, Monday

...yes, nice stories, in sport sense :yes I'm mostly finished but not like we created some action so small comment... yes, for a country of some 5 millions and down :p really remarkable although personal achivements... "Joker" became first Serb (actually Vodovodian)) to ever lead NBA team in effect to title, no much need to waste words on Đolo aka Djokovic - it becames routine like Đurađ aka George "golden fork" Brankovic while totally wrong and could misslead reader as it doesn't sound like -ic nor djic- :) in his age looks like main fav among so many younger talents in tenis (not my sport as said really but well done on having such form so long).... too bad our team did not become Euro-champ in club basket, how starnage that would be and crown of record year ;

anyway, that's just for talks - don't be shy to comment anything before we go ; - something else and for fun today... watching Turkey-Wales football with one eye, Italian basket with other and in reality nothing of two, while looking at comp with 3rd eye in reality ).... btw, for humor not some profit, needing Turks to score 2 goals for success. Small digression, of course nothing against Wales nor I really think Turks are good in football ; actually Wales is great pal, Burton, Lloyd George just for mention and many more, they were our fans - so to ebd digression with fact that I'd always support Wales, need be if they decide to look for own destiny like Scots. So that clear, played Turks win with 2 goals just because Wales had awful games recently, against Armenia... back to subject, quasi watch it and Turks score in first but VAR says no goal. I say uh! In second half penalty for Turks but miss - I say OH!... few minutes later another goal for them but again VAR says no goal and I say WTF is this?!! can't believe :lol ... but anyhow in last 15 mins Turks scored twice regular goals and I happy, plus Milan basket win ; ...but was funny i though never gonna happen, again so sorry for Wales, good old Gwilym like pal and much help historically, but bad form and team in football ) ...well done to Turks for scoring that needed 2 after all downs and downs, for me :) (but minimal profit and fun as ever)

do tell something fun if you drop by, sport, event, history or even TBS game - maybe from Wales...

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-06-20 10:45, Tuesday

...not sport at all, but doesn't matter. Nice moment to say... it is, almost globally, known that we have some (controversial) ties with Celtic nations, historically starting from that medieval state (on Balkans by Serbs) formed around mountain Tara and Ibar river, to (controversial by origin) helmet with horns to presence of Gaelic tribes here and even few words that entered our today language, can't remember much but from memory think "sluga" )servant) is Celtic word in our langugae etc but experts say that there are 10s... not to mention that for some bigger empires we had that fame (like Celts for Romans) about "lack of discipline or loyalty and more harsher nature"... i have some theories (just that) about vampirisim dating from Celts and so on... everything is controversial - for example that horns could be ancient, Greek or even Germanic influence as just before them some Teutonics were active even on our court etc etc. but not irrelevant, like our epic traditions similar to Celtic etc. really many and i'm shortening it max - could be much longer list of strange things

now, good moment to brief mention, might be interesting - maybe you know that Zeta was our name of state/region later controled entirely by Rascia during strong state and fall... i remember that story and of course about Catherine, actress... it is not some ancient name of Celts, roughly, Irish, Scots etc... for us it was region roughly similar to today Montenegro and mostly used by Serbs for state that hosted "young king" (prince by primogeniture, word we did not have then) until crowning during Rascia rule, roughly successor of Latin name Doclea (but not really)... in any way, the point, maritime region. Now story is that Zeta in actress name comes from some old XIX c ship (British?) on which her ancestors served - maybe named in relation to that region, for example if some Serb (Montenegro pr Croat) inspired it many centuries ago. Just as theory, not fact, mere possibility in any way if you heard both names once... while there is not some ancient curiosity, in many other things there is and how so many similarities survived Romans, Byzant and migrations - Celts were long gone, officially ;) ... generally, in theory we should think more about ties and comparing with Ireland Scotland and Wales than quasi brotherships and ties with much, much bigger.... even Ralph Fiennes is not Anglo-Sexon in strict sense, our citizen i'm expecting him in army soon :lol have fun, not sport nor even close but think some info on Zeta is interesting for any reader and every pub thread is for that

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-06-20 15:43, Tuesday

...to round, add whatever. i'm so sorry and i'm done but you know me and i really think subject per se is super interesting...

to add to those that can't connect things entirely, or it is too unknown for them... really as last, but as any there is always more deatiled story, book-like version etc. Evryone know that "corsairism" was Serb tradition dating to who knows where... and maybe some darker tones, legends of black armor in final years of state etc etc. Skulls. While here we accepted it most likely from ancient times - word itself is our version of Latin corsarius or versions - we made it famous (maybe) in eastern part of continent via our "gusar"... all known, more or less. Now while you usually would relate Serbs with "land pirates" - not excluded that we had even naval traditions in that sense, although not so big and surely not during developed medieval state - navy in a whole was more conceptual and in traces, some had ideas and not small thing that Venice so famous for fleet was closely involved with us etc.... where is point of another post. well, mentioning it and while i really find it interesting - though thread is wrong, sorry again - it is in a way our tradition, maybe even symbolics, Brits of all perfected with their navies and potential :) so some tie in relation to previous story... to me it is not known that Romans ever used skulls, skeletons as military symbols so maybe it dates to us or anyone else with similar scary ideas as horns, black armor or so, just BTW. in any way as said interesting, too bad XX century very degraded that symbols :)

anyway, again interesting connection and chance, Brits and we as pirates of own kind... maybe even some mutual actions before XIX c ; who says that we did not have some cultural influence :) plus epics of ours that whole European elite once read. Enough while we can both live without "jolly roger" now ; ...i will only say that for me as not so related to sea but carrying gene ; whole idea of rising black flag is "sexy" as much as some black armor much before... as i said many times, history is interesting and potential for good stories is big, even we so small had extraordinary historical figures just like from Holywood film, if you can create good story or add details... but about sport (finished now) and about idea to add that it is not entirely impossible that few people from here penetrated even British naratives... Victorians surely did take a lot from us and to return favor for the end - i think cylinder wearing and all was "cool" :) ...again i'm sharing only becuause it can be interesting for history lovers

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-06-22 19:31, Thursday

...besides, maybe (which is also speculative as nobody knows really) so maybe Queen's Anne is not related to that maybe it was Queen's Anna Dandolo Revenge ;) would explain a lot. I can assure you that i can show you a lot of people from our history who looked like Blackbeard and nobody knows his name nor origin :)

jokes aside, really serious about previous parts, similarities and chances, while this is effective joke... If we wanna stay on lighter part of it, it is also interesting historically if we consider all... not much known about our people in early Americas, maybe there were... with changed names and identities. Immediately had though and idea - if we consider all about early America (now i talk about northern i.e. British colonies in detail) is question of how would - considering that many "Anglo Saxons" disliked catholics but also disliked many others - so in short how would be Serb be accepted among them in those times... even if in lighter tone, it is interesting or to reformulate, no need to go as far - i concretely joked with idea where and with whome would i finish - looking like looking, behaving, background, probably would have to change name though so not to be -wich in the end, still recognizable, to maybe XXXteach :) to continue idea - with whome would i finish in early XX c America, with Italians, Jews, would among Irish, Scots and similar if you get my meaning :) ...anyway, lets come back to previous subject - imagine "bomb" if it is discovered that Blackbeard was from Zeta, chetnik :) ...like to joke with ideas, but small dilemma i mentioned stays... we have records only since XIX events, Texian republic etc. about "famous" Serb taking place in events, so natural dilemma... nonetheless, if you maybe know more about Catherine Zeta Jones story, feel free to jump in anytime, just to mention...

nothing in sport sense - watching basketball final of regional quasi-league between us and Stella, final game that decides champion... somehow i'd rather pay money to watch such dueal in EL than domestic, not that game is usealess as it decides who goes to EL directly... as is now it is us, potentially champions after decade and regular place then, not wild card or so... but it (it is near last quarter) Stella upped game and it is now only 10 for us... would be very bad they to come back from that like Real, but sport is wonder... but unimportant and won't comment it further. find those thoughts and ideas, absolutely based on chances, as more interesting... hopefully like it how i described it - qeen's Ana Dandolo Revenge :) if you can somehow add, always welcome - Wales my love :) ...as always it is all for content and some action but thoughts welcome.... since i have ideas

Dimitris GR
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Dimitris GR » 2023-06-22 20:03, Thursday

ZOTS, GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss Eurolegue thanks to Llull - but i thank Llull for buzzerbeater against the skatogavroi (don't try to translate, its bad word :D )
I hope Panter to Panathinaikos next year and with Ataman, we will back where Panathinaikos must be.

AGAIN ZOTS :bow :bow :bow

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-06-23 14:26, Friday

...jokes are jokes, chances are chances - all of speculation and humor welcome and not irrelevant, but (for readers) to make some serious "direction" on age of colonization, imperialism and all... Conclusion would be, we are talking history here, not today, is that we (concretely Serbs) were among favoured nations/tribes by "Anglo-Sexons". To say it as some serious if not truth, than surely not lie, and we are not talking folk, we are talking cirlces and similar... sound strange, but it was like that, more or less and localizations considered... maybe even known fact, so why wasting words on that... interesting part is (and finish) why i.e. how... not to theorize, one of possibilites is medieval history after all, who says that it never was important ; ...in short, without lying if we already do not know truth ; - England and "Rascia" at peak were "on same side" and maybe one can trace/find seeds there... Already talked it, templars we and Brits similarities, although here maybe secret and untracable unlike there - so maybe those "sniffing" like Eco, Umberto ) were right on some very old lodge influence here. In any way, interesting subject - while for Brits (and also Russia for example) not to mention US etc. such organizations are almost "logical" we fit like mouse on elephant show in circus :) ...but we fit and obviously, had many members plus some spread "York rite/branch" etc. As said, possible medieval tie ; makes also indeirectly, our med figures much more "scary" and in continental events than just local warlords...interesting subject, what to say. So our Teach, and Anna revenge not so fantastic :) and no wonder he took "a French" ship to show them (they, also old gusars, took from someone etc...)

anyway, really people to have some compass in sea of jokes, but surely XIX c indicates that we were on "favorable list" when it comes to Sexons :) for what it matters now... samll humor, our friend Dimitris won't mind ; - also not today but Serbs and Greeks (if we now talk about common people settlement) had very uneasy realtions :) one could freely imagine fist flying and brawls among two like today in Jerusalem :) ...it is also dated to middle ages basically, despite marriages and fact that last rulers were often mixed Greek-Serbs (even our last de jure ruler, while George was last important in reality) and all - Serbs and Greeks did not like much and would easy go into argument... we are talking history and because it is funny, of course Dimitris inspired me to add if we jokingly talk about colonization era and settlements... today no.

we won ABA basket league, btw... to add to his words - what now with Campazzo ; - but unlike average Greek or fan of their two clubs, i think our golden chance was this year, a bit of "shock tactics" :) would like events to prove me wrong, but somehow really doesn't matter that much... when it comes to other talks of mine, wanted to use other thread, but should be on one place... very intersting and deep, if you add on top medieval events, makes you horny :) but finished, only if someone wants some info in other place etc i could use it as well, like that i mantioned... final apology and surely end of this block from me, simplu like historical details and why not using thoughts i know about as sharing material in moment of ideas... who would say what one Wales game leads to :) ...i'm out maybe for weeks - but again, it is interesting, who wouldn't like to know...

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-07-14 13:18, Friday

...so, since there was a lot of interest and to add to Dimitris' words for all our fans (in UK) - Lessort left club as well as Dante commadante, second unofficially to NBA, French to Panata (and Papapetru the Greek player left there)... and - it was talked and controversial - Israeli younger talent (years pass fast)) Yam Madar, sadly... while he left message to fans and our coach with best words (in that sense to me) obviously there was some "spark" and anger as he left club while still having year of contract, even courts are mentioned in yellow press etc. Allegedly club was ready to let him only in NBA but he joined Fener of Turkey... even more bad if we know that clun is led by our coach godfather and that he brought them only EL trophy so "double treason" :) ...but doesn't matter that much, except that i seen some potential in Madar and hoped him to reach some peak here as player - in other sense it happens to much bigger, players leave club breaking contracts so no problem there... looks like Asano thing, but Madar significantly younger... for us it is important because club is constant trouble (in all sport sections) so any extra-money is needed and we are fighting for our place in EL with London lions etc :) ...comical part is that Madar wrote in massage to fans "hope we don't meet again" but of course clubs will meet at least twice in EL :) ...of course it is already forgotten and not so important as some quasi-try to represent... hope he reaches potential he has, here did not play much...

capitain Punter stayed, hope for solid season - and maybe even to play for us on WC ;) but not gonna happen because we stay with "our only, not naturalized" policy for now... he was "angry" at EL change from next season (don't know why because we will be first)) i.e. installment of play-ins for clubs placed 7-10th at the end, so another tiresome round of 3 extra games against tough opponents, for top 8 place only... when it comes to clubs all same clubs for next :dunno why... that's all of news... as i said - in situation (although most watched club in Europe, with ambitions to win it every year)) even taking part is alright and nobody should feel pressure for playing here. positive news is that maybe we could be stronger for Mirotić (allegedly he personally would like if he doesn't make deal with Barsa) but that is still far, of course would be huge advantage for us... but next news in 2024, if we have good position :p ... as said best thing would be "relegation zone" and kicking some giants down every year by us :) people in London and Paris are mad about such things... if we already aim their cheerlead... their clubs to take place :) come and tell us something and what you like...

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-07-15 12:49, Saturday

"investigated" it ; club lineup is same as Gran Canaria (obvious from where club is) refused to participate in EL, having right... reasons were stated as clear increase in number of games, financial things and no much gain from taking part in EL as bigger clubs take the most and not so big gain in TV rights etc. etc...of course they would be most western club in it, so trouble also for many others (like Žalgiris as most obvious).... yep, easy to speak when we are supported (Stella even more) by state, but trying to keep financies clean so there was no penality... too bad Juventud (Joventot in Almogaver)) did not win (if they would accept participation) just for nostalgic reasons to play for us... in final ;

btw, it is funny when you look at map and size - but of all currently participating we are only city in (almost) urgent need of two 20,000 arenas ; ...and sport is even more "Anglo-Saxon" than football, by origin and closer to rugby when player makes "two steps" before points - but we went through it, Latvia more into it ; ... dislike politization (but as Aristotle said everything is that...) but Mirotić saga gained some funny jokes as he prefer to play for us (as Montenegro Spaniard-Serb) not Stella, whose coach was Montenegro independists :) etc... but of course it is humor while our coach is simply name... of course iconic player in our clubs, after Campazzo left and great force... as said news over, maybe i comment something on WC - but before that your story...

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-07-16 20:50, Sunday

...of course it is Catalan, of course. Joventot in Catalan. While funny, not nice to joke in such way... we of course support Catalonia (but Baskonia more sister) while loyal to king Felipe, with lily like ours and his whole family... we even have medieval friendship with Catalans, who doesn't remember (i was very young then)) if Bulgarians are to be trusted ;) but that confusion is so great as our empire was so huge so in eastern part people recorded Catalans with us, in southern part they recorded that we fought against Catalans and took Epirus from them etc etc. Confusion in sources due to huge empire, understandable... but generally friendship, historical and of course it is in Catalan language, pardon :yes

anyway, mentioning Felipe, watched tennis what i rarely do, but tough sport and for respect... was sitting two places left of Brad Pitt and just behind king Felipe, but camera rarely catched me :) ...good player Alcaraz, better than Nadal today. Djokovic aka Đolo (respect and don't cry i would die in first set)) was unusually calm from how i remember him but then "bang" in last set and nice forehand in net holder/pole, racket in pieces... then i said it is good old Đolo, legend :) ...said few times not really my sport and watch onl finals mostly, but it gonna die out when we have no player any more... respect to both, was funny moment with that forehand :yes ...welcome, tell us what you like

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-07-25 06:25, Tuesday

A look back at some of the sporting highlights of the last few weekends

The final of the EHF Champions League was unrivalled in drama.
Overtime-Thriller! SC Magdeburg vs Barlinek Industria Kielce | FINAL | TRUCKSCOUT24 EHF FINAL4 2023

The hallowed turf of Wimbledon once again offered sensational tennis.
Marketa Vondrousova vs Ons Jabeur: Final Highlights | Wimbledon 2023
Carlos Alcaraz vs Novak Djokovic: Final Highlights | Wimbledon 2023

Another long tournament has crowned its deserved winners this weekend - the Volleyball Nations League 2023.
🇨🇳 CHN vs. 🇹🇷 TUR - Highlights Final | Women's VNL 2023
🇵🇱 POL vs. 🇺🇸 USA - Highlights Final | Men's VNL 2023

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-08-09 20:31, Wednesday

Nikola Mirotić after all - if it wasn't in your main news - did not finish in our club, "changed mind" as there was no tint in pencil before signing... there was some "dirty game" nobody knows which exactly and as a Party fan can only say we don't care anymore nor have any complexes supporting greatest club... totally unimportant, while to Nikola only sporting luck ; ... as we already joked let's add another one - he finished in Olimpia Milano (Armani sometimes as they are manekens) and story is that he converted to Catholicism on route to there, in Bari :lol (aiming at some historical Italian queen which attacked Serbian king, pardon regent)) ...of course i like good political joke, like tasteful un-PC humor, and this one is that, good one but totally unimportant subject and Nikola stayed Serb of Spanish origin )

wanted to say something else... Joker will not play for us on WC, but it seems many important players will not in many countries, but also doesn't matter, WC is de-mode as we are flying into space... anyway, we played friendlies with Greece and Italy as part of "Servius cup or axis of ancient world" and i notice funny thing i mentioned few years ago... Greece beaten but loss to Italy, albeit unimportant. As I said Italy is totally unbeatable by us now for years, kicked us from Olymp quals, kicked us out of EC last year and now loss in friendly, so interesting, some complex :) that's how it goes between sisters

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-08-10 15:33, Thursday

btw, if sources are right (rarely check those things and now even less when we are outsiders)) and all goes according to "expectations" we and Italy will meet in second phase so our game on WC is guaranteed ; it may decide, in further guesses, who will play against either USA or Greece or Lithuania eventually as two new groups cross for quarterfinal game... so those are some opponents, while Italy almost certain... I say "according to expectations" because we have very tough initial group - China, what to say biggest country of the world how can we compare, Puerto Rico, well that is part of USA so tough and finally South Sudan - very tricky, there will be some electricity and tension as I think we did not recognize them :lol (just joking but tough for us so small)

so some info if you know something about basket... (if source is right again must say did not see that on official sites) Not important anymore, we did our job in that sport and now have different goals... let it be written in history and for all our international readers, although it is always said that Yugosarmatia and USA are tied at 5 WCs - 2 of that 5 are de facto Serbian WCs (1998 and 2002 won by "serenissima"), so we have 2 and can die happy now )... see you with video of quarterfinal maybe.

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-08-24 14:35, Thursday

while i'm preparing to see football section match against Danish club Nordsjelland reading some sport flash news and...

UEFA again punished Partiman with 70000 euros and closing of part of the stadium for racism (things like using name Gipsy for other club fans, almost usual, not blacks etc) for discrimination (quasi against gays, calling our country president as such in usual chant) and for fans enetring pitch, like on that picture ;p... while punisments are draconic for us as usual and we are under special treatement, interesting is that stadium against Azeri club Sabah in Conf league quals was again more empty than full, but punisments nonetheless - even south stand is empty and core fans are boycotting matches etc. wonder how would it be with all fans, how much money would be demanded ;

other funny news in my flash is from New York, one coach of our tennis player and former player himself had verbal argument on tennis stands with two local guys and, with some security present, guys said to him "this is New York, not flicking Serbia!" ....so in light of that and similar news - wonder was that meant for better or worse and does (if worse) it fits into discrimination :)

not related to NY, just was news and i made a joke they are not UEFA member, but impression is that we are paying drastically and harsher punished than those in Europe when fans really make some physical contacts, fight on stands or cities etc. actually i'm proud to be under UEFA hammer for nothing and our incidents in last few years are really almost peaceful on international scene, despite "bad guys" status... about discrimination really time to start calling them Romani :) and sing positive songs to president and all officials of this universe :) (including Saudi king)

in sport sense, while game is totally unimportant, expect that Danish side beat us as we really suck, even doubt i would watch game, watched 120 minutes against Sabah and had enough of football for whole year :) if they knock us out and deny us any UEFA competition this season, maybe club save some money ) ...and club that places fourth in "Serbia super league" doesn't deserve to play any Euro competition ;

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-08-24 18:40, Thursday

oho-ho... 5-0 for guys from Valhalla, even humiliation in unexpected magnitude, so we really suck... guess they fit well in our "total anti-football" philosophy... flicking first club from EE to reach "CL final" with Real etc. :)

no videos, better watch "Texas massacre" ..... :) until, next subject, think no more football from this season... at least UEFA is satisfied with doing business with us, but (hehe) no more this season, we flicked them :)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-08-25 15:51, Friday

so basket WC started today, haven't watched games just rewind TV program to see details and looked at scores etc. All expected results and "handicaped vics" and even one derby today... no not Canada-France :) (Canada massacred French) but Dominican rep. vs Filippines ; did not know Clarckson is playing for Philies until seen on sites this morning "bet on Clarckson over points" as it happened and he even was fouled out ;... amazing, over 50000 capacity arena in Manila, probably decreased capacity for WC but still, had no idea there is as huge one there...

further comments, most efficient win of the day by tiny Latvia (over Lebanon, weak) - but no surprise as they qualed in group with us as first in group, leaving behind not only us but also Greeks, Turks and UK ) so some powerful team basket there, they continue with it, could beat French maybe etc. Also Montenegro is one of the teams i forgot to mention as potential opponent for us in 1/4 finals, if they manage to leave Lithuania or Greece behind, not impossible if tough... would be cool to have them in 1/4 finals and we win and secure Olymp visa ; so on paper road to last four is not so tough, but we are not so good so hard to predict will we get to there at all )

who is guy on pic, you might ask? Luigi Datome, Italian veteran who slowly finishes career, playing last comp... and (screen from TV) singing Italian anthem like true Garibaldi :) (look alike admit) even though he is Sardinian man, entity opressed by Italy he sings :) ...nobody cares, compared to 90s (and as is our once most tropheous sport) things changed but not for Luigi ; ...this was all good joke (nobody cares anymore again) but other subject... two of our ex-players had solid roles today, Dante in big win for Australia and 2 shots 2 scores for 3, and Lessort was second pointer in French disaster ; (10 and 12 points) ...strangely enough our best player and most important in finish of the season did not have chance to play for us, Punter :) ...we talked it, but it is strange that in era when we are selling our souls, bodies and property to foreigners, there is no place for foreigner in team, as he had good season behind him, better than 2 mentioned... but unimportant and finished as subject, just he would not be minus for team if not plus or huge advantage... i respect our coach, he brought some medals in golden era, but he also led foreign team, had family married to foreigners etc. so don't see why not foreigner now, when he had good season as said...

it was just comment for opening in my style, we play tomorrow against China, but i'm finished - maybe if something is super fun or just 1/4 finals...

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-08-27 20:05, Sunday

what to say. one always likes when one is right... as i've said Latvia did beat France 88-86 and kicked French out of tournament early, after two games. not to sound like expert, but :)

interesting day 3 on WC, few surprises already etc. Italy also lost to Dominicana, nice derby between Australia and Germany and tight German win... i'm "ziherash" and don't like to gamble much but profitable try and win with Angola and Latvia wins, worth trying :) Interesting for us is that Italian loss as then Dominican rep. is (quasi) main opponent before 1/4 finals, but another motive for Italy to beat us what they always do ;) ...no much other things to comment but it did become more interesting already after 2 days etc

1/4 with Montenegro would be fun... Of course it is my fav subject, historical and interior political today (care more for relations with Montenegro than Russia, China and America together and all other aggressive and imperialistic quasi powers and consider that historically they originate from our tribe and that we were together during mediavl glory)) and this is for fun as i already touched the subject with Luigi... on pic part of Montenegro team during anthem act, they are like many mixed in that sense part of team is singing, part of team is both singing and holding right hand on heart. Third from left is Vučević, NBA player for Chicago, btw Serb by own family (as well as many players and even head of their basket association etc). So as people lie, camera do not - it catched him neither singing anthem, nor holding hand on heart nor even looking at rising flag :) ...but he plays and gives all for his team - so not important in that sense if you feel kind of privilege to represent team on big competition... not political statement, more social and very positive for Nikola and all people from there I respect as having their identity but also respect and giving all :yes Liked the detail and had to comment, again would like we to play game with them and win ; (and with this i finish anthem segment, i'm just kind of person who catches some nice camera cadre and already have story))

however, admit my Latvia comment was brave and spot on, i rule :)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-08-29 14:56, Tuesday

well, after all no...; it is early to say but almost safe to say that 1/4 finals rival would be either USA or Lithuania, if both Italy and Dominicana do not beat us, of course ) Greeks look weaker, but are enigma maybe them... in any way better USA than Canada, better Lithuania than Latvia etc :)

we will leave that until moment comes, today however a bit of sporting history, i like ; ...of course i remeber it well as every sport fan of over 35 probably... legendary. Today was mentioned, never seen (quasi) "scientific" look at events by US experts, wanted just to remind myself of details, but ran into this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1rLpxKQPd4

don't forget to look as well at first part of video by them, but this is much more interesting... as said legendary and very controversial, bordering conspiracies as they said ; But it is tough to officiate basket game... glad experts agree that Divac's 6th was outrageous esp. as Webber clear foul wasn't called :) and so on, legendary game and great, fun team it was... btw, we also became world champions that year so this NBA game was great introduction to that year... controversies, controversies while they do say that Kings had some fav "no calls" that "unfair" impression stayed... glad our game with Real, althought made some history, wasn't even close to that, but similarly "could have been us in final" ...but things finished favorable for Madrid & Stella above all :)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-09-01 16:38, Friday

really is strange, i called Italy (esp in basket) our kryptonite few years ago, and again they win 78-76 in game we had as much as +16, becomes tradition and complex as i "sniffed" ;

generally strange day - Italy's win is more routine not "strange" - and as someone said we fall in same "trap" 3-4 times in a row... commentator said it nice, on 3 games before Italy had 28% for 3 points total, today (and always against us) 53%, which is great who ever knows a bot about basket... Fontecchio, standard, 30 points - our main star "Bogey" from Atlanta 18 but catastrophic shooting for 3, 1 out of 13 ( ...but interesting stat is that we had more than twice as many as them free throws - experts would say Italians were both aggressive, even tough, and solid in shooting so we should have fouled them more etc indeed to deconcentrate them and prevent series etc. but alas and really doesn't matter

congrats to Italy it becomes nice tradition now :) almost likable if you are not on losing side ; ...this means probably 1/4 (if not another loss) from second position and probable USA as opponent - and most likely end of WC :) but doesn't have to be, they are not some old teams from 90s (we even less)) ...i'll say for the end - not big surprise today as it was last year when we entered game with them as best, most efficient team in competition + Joker, but, but what is strange is those +16 at one moment in 3rd... Italia invicta! :) (for us)

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-09-03 21:03, Sunday

watched female volleyball EC final, with one eye not some fan of fem sport which should be aimed at that sex above all ; ...Turkey won against Serbia in 5 seter and that is first gold for them in history - which is surprise for me as i thought volleyball is outlawed in Turkey for being too sexy :) I congrat to them, girls are best part of Turkey and tried for long and made it after taking our Italain coach and sending us their Italian coach... they also took an Cuban born player, which is main pointer - but congrats for other girls i like ) ...we have many golds on WC and EC in fem competition so not tragedy, let them have one... even historically it is alright to congratulate and they to win first gold over us, as we ruled them for 350 years and prevented Turkish girls faster development and success :) ...interesting is that "chess rokade" of Italian coaches between us, do not follow sport so did not know who is coaching now, but just seen it, maybe some deal ;

anyway, here are 1/4 final games on basket (male) WC: Italy-USA, Serbia-Lithuania, Slovenia-Canada & Germany-Latvia... Lithuania is much more motivated and eager than USA now, so was it good or bad for us, hard to say, will be battle hopefully... out of 8 countries, 3 countries smaller than us ; ...after watching and reminding myself of those great plays and series of early 2000s in NBA, really miss such players and rivalries in basket today, even this game with Lithuania is not what they were 25+ years ago ) ...winner of that game is playing winner of Canada-Slovenia game, btw... evil voices say that Americans lost intentionally to play Italy and later Latvia :) have fun if you watch any of 4and WC finish...

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2023-09-06 17:09, Wednesday

...one step further, so basket WC semis are Serbia-Canada & Germany-USA. One would say two most powerful/important European countries and 2 NAmerican, in any way "trans-Atlantic" 1/2 finals, also no place for small countries there only powers ; at least 3 somehow logically belong among last 4, for invention, tradition & number of medals - some plan is in that sense achieved or to put it this way, being in top 4 should be minimum :) ...btw, only one 1/4 final game was interesting really and that was today Germany-Latvia, other 3 maybe unexpectedly one sided, including one one biggest win over Lithuania on competitions by us.

what to expect from game against Canada, in last few years becoming serious, not much maybe considering their physicalities etc. and how they easily beat Latvia and Slovenia, countries we would struggle against maybe... but Spain was close, and they lost suspiciously even ; ...really can't say anything, very surprised by how easily and smoothly game against Lithuania went... already enough and my congrats to guys for any remaining place without foreigners and without main player/s of today :yes (maybe with a bit of luck i.e. Americans chosing to avoid us)) ...with this we mostly covered another big competition, there wasn't even need for a single video as our games were easy (except Italy which is regularity)

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2023-09-07 07:41, Thursday

European Volleyball Championship/Women: Also from me congratulations to the new, first-time champion Turkey. It was only a matter of time until Turkey was also ready for international titles at national team level. At club level, they have already done an excellent job in recent years and dominated the Champions League.
The German national team disappointed and was eliminated in the group stage.

Basketball World Cup: The quarterfinal between Germany and Latvia was exciting and was on a knife's edge seconds before the end. Germany was extremely lucky that the Latvians' decisive 3-point shot missed the basket and the subsequent rebound was also unsuccessful. Now against the USA. We have the best team that Germany has fielded in recent years. Many players are individually strong and play in the NBA. But I'm not sure it will be enough against the USA.