Searching for a playtester

Tips and tricks for the designers, playtests.

Moderator: Wonderdoctor

Major Heinz
Kadet
Kadet

Searching for a playtester

Post by Major Heinz » 2020-02-29 16:17, Saturday

Randowe and I will soon start our last test for my soviet campaign Forward, Comrade for his Efile. We will play with 100% because we are not good enough to play on a lower prestige level. Parabellum tested it a year ago also with 100%, but he complained that the campaign was too easy. So I would be interested to know, if the campaign is playable on a lower prestige level like 50%. I will be glad, if a good player will join the test with a lower prestige level.

A few infos about the campaign:
- the campaign is a mix of easy, medium and hard difficulty
- it is a converted PG2 campaign with some new scenarios. Because some scenarios were really hard even on PG2 the campaign uses Default KI, because with 2.0 KI the scenarios would have been too difficult
- the focus is on tanks. The player will play a tank army. Infantry is not needed so much
- the campaign is a longer one. After Prokorowka the player can decide if he wants to fight against Heeresgruppe Nord or Süd or Mitte. Also there are other decisions which the player can decide through result of the scenario
- a specialty is that the player has free deployment also for the aux units in much of the defensive scenarios
- because the Atomic efile uses many infantry units, the player ofter gets infantry prototypes. In some scenarios a proto list exists, where the player only can get good units
- there are six paths where the campaign can end:
1941: With a BV at Tula the player can encircle the Heeresgruppe Mitte near of Smolensk
1945: Path against Heeresgruppe Mitte with the capture of Berlin
1945: Path against Heeresgruppe Mitte and than after fights against the west allied with the capture of Antwerpen
1945: Path against Heeresgruppe Mitte and than after fights against the west allied with the capture of Antwerpen with help from german units
1945: Path against Heeresgruppe Nord and than a victory over Japan
1945: Path against Heeresgruppe Süd and than a victory over Japan

Randowe and I will check especially the Prestige Cap, because it is too high at the moment. From the playtester I would be interest about infos about the difficulty with a lower pp level.

lvjtn
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps

Re: Searching for a playtester

Post by lvjtn » 2020-03-01 20:34, Sunday

please send me the latest efile + campaign, and i try to play it at 25-50% (maybe 33%)

otoh, i returned back to budapest this weekend, i have lots of pending tasks, so i can play only 2-3 scenarios per week in march

edit: lvjtn9 »at[ gmail }dot< com
»my real name is csaba (tʃɒbɒ)«
efiles:
Image Image Image Image Image

campaigns:

Major Heinz
Kadet
Kadet

Post by Major Heinz » 2020-03-02 17:14, Monday

It is no problem if you have not so much time at the moment, since I have changed the map datas in some scenarios and this can change the turn limits. If there will be an important change on a scenario, I will send it to you. So it is good, that Randowe and I first will play the scenarios. I will write not important changes here in the thread, so I do not have to sent you all the new files, and you don`have to overwrite the scenarios everytime, unless you want to have all changes:

Minsk:
- Politruk now has over 100 experience, so it can give a little combat support
- The name of the soviet aux units is changed into Red Army instead of Hiwis

mythos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mythos » 2020-03-03 15:11, Tuesday

Hi Patrick :howdy

If interested (and if Clemens has nothing against sharing the Efile), please send me a copy m(dot)ythos[at]web<dot>de
I would try @50% - however i will also be slow, with own projects still ongoing.

Major Heinz
Kadet
Kadet

Post by Major Heinz » 2020-03-03 16:03, Tuesday

Parabellum wants to join, too. I will talk to Clemens.

To all testers: Although I had done only a few changes since the last test, some changes can cause trouble with the time limit. Also the Demyansk scenario was replaced with a totally new scenario that I have not tested, yet. So if you rush forward in your playtest this can cause problems. Clemens and I am not fast enough to remove all problems if you do not wait until we have played the scenario.
I have no problems, if you want to play more scenarios a day, but you should know that the scenarios where I have changed the map datas are not tested with these changes. Also I hope that the cleaned chronology in campaign view do not lead to problems. Hopefully all following scenarios are correct.
If you want to play all scenarios do not forget to make a save game in the scenarios, where the result decides in which scenario you will come. In the briefing of these scenarios the possible paths will be explained.

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-03-03 16:12, Tuesday

Major Heinz wrote: Parabellum wants to join, too. I will talk to Clemens.
Sure, you can send the files to Para and mythos :yes

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2020-03-03 18:07, Tuesday

Major Heinz wrote:
2020-03-03 16:03, Tuesday
you should know that the scenarios where I have changed the map datas are not tested with these changes.
so what is the last tested scenario what we can play?

imo playtests are about finding glitches, discussing the possible fixes, etc. of course, i agree with you, scenarios what weren't playtested by their creators aren't ready for playtest. can you tell us, which are these untested scenarios?
»my real name is csaba (tʃɒbɒ)«
efiles:
Image Image Image Image Image

campaigns:

Major Heinz
Kadet
Kadet

Post by Major Heinz » 2020-03-03 18:13, Tuesday

Kishinev. When I post a scenario, you can play it without problems. If there will be a great problem with a scenario, I will send it to you.