Duke Falcon's E-files - links in the 1.st post!

Discussions about official and unofficial OpenGen Efiles.

Moderator: REDrake

Duke Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Duke Falcon's E-files - links in the 1.st post!

Post by Duke Falcon » 2019-09-23 19:17, Monday

As a main post, here and now, you can gather some information about my e-folders, e-files and mods I created for the different Generals.
Currently these are as much as but the list may expand later. Please, here you shall not find any WW2 things at all. This topic is for different themes, styles, call it a bright spot in the dark forest of WW e-files, if you like. Let us see then, what this small meadow may provide YOU, dear possible future player of my mods!

To find contents: Descriptions with long banners are "milestone" versions! Patches and other extras represented by small sprites toward the bottom of this post!

Xeno General is my first e-folder for OpenGen featuring extraterrestrial alien forces and sci-fi stuffs. Players could play many different campaign what together provide a complete story line of this OG universe. The Xeno General now reached it's pinnacle in the form of "Complete".
NOTE: This e-folder needs the latest executable (as of 2019.08.01. available) what uses SDL2! This means Win7 or higher is recommended to run all it's contents properly!
Xeno General Complete is the complete, single-package version of XG creating a folder for itself. It also contains descriptive PDFs about the contents. It is about 305 MBs:

This is a mod converted\conversed from People's General (PeG). As such it is ready to play on it is own and not need the original PeG game, nor OpenGeneral.
As the title suggest the mod took place in the legendary Sengoku-jidai, a great political and military turmoil in the medieval Japan what ended when Tokugawa Iyeasu finally founded it's bakufu, the Tokugawa-Shogunate.
To download this click on this banner:
It is ~81 MB in size to download.

Fantasy General mod or may call e-folder is the resurrection of the old and fantastic Fantasy General game from the five stars generals series. While it has the same units and heroes this revival has a different story and six nations instead of three. And while the playable sides are still good and evil there are neutral factions whom shall join to the different sides during the campaigns and maybe do leave them on certain points of the story. This e-folder use big single-face icons what gives a strong fantasy feeling for the game. Full version includes 2 campaigns and a pdf manual all in a "EFILE_FG" folder what simply copy into the OpenGeneral main folder! It is strongly recommended for general players to play the campaigns on 150:100 player:AI prestige modifiers otherwise the game may be utterly hard!
Click the banner to download the zip archive:
Download size is ~140 MB.

And this is an additional campaign for FG. Overwrite a few things as it contains some fixes of sounds. Needs an existing EFILE-FG to work!
Download size is about 40 MB.

Dune e-folder is exactly what is may sounds: an OG ported version of the great Arrakis-saga. All the well-known Houses of Frank Herbert's Dune is implemented along with a few more just to compete for Dune and the spice Melange. Full, finished version contain 8 campaigns and 10 stand-alone-scenarios. To get it click on this banner:
Download size is ~200 MB.

And completely different things' common place should be here. Yes, here, since this place is as good as anything else. First CD picture is contains a link to download my OG tracks made for Xeno General and Fantasy General. Since these mods not always plays musics I thought I share the music tracks like this. Hearing them in themselves may sound strange but believe me that during the game they will be perfect and not odd even the slightest tiny piece of bits. Please, note that I not made only remastered and\or remixed these musics so I have no copyrights over them and nor does You! Track infos are in the zip archive along with the musics (108 MBs download size). The starship lead you, if click on it, to a patch for Xeno General Extented what contains minor changes and balances for equipment file and bugfixes for scenarios. After extraction of the zip archive simply overwrite the XGX folders files with the new ones! Size is about 7MBs. The witch is the gateway to obtain the Fantasy General patch what not only fixes bugs but also adds ground transport units for the game in exchange of ~2MBs of download! The map-looking icon leads to a collection of maps and scenarios for FG and also some minor fixes (just overwrite everything and you will be OK!) plus adds ammo-supply units for both campaigns! The Dak-trooper leads to another XG-patch what also contains a new campaign (137 MBs). And if you click on Arrakis then you receive a patch for Dune e-file along with 6 new stand-alone scenarios! It is only 28MBs, so click!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Duke Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Duke Falcon's E-files - links in the 1.st post!

Post by Duke Falcon » 2019-10-11 16:54, Friday

PLACEHOLDER FOR FUTURE PURPOSES, PLEASE NOT DELETE OR POST-MERGE! THX!!!

Duke Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duke Falcon » 2019-11-13 19:20, Wednesday

Lately I found my PeG Sengoku and it give some very bad idea:

These are only a few items so far and some factions not even sketched so far (Sóhei warrior monks, e.g.). And it need so many changes in the current GUI files, like:
- Flags in size of 24x24 (this is the smallest size where a kamon remain recogniseable, no way to make it in the current 21x14) or 21x24 but that may looks stretched
- More attack animations like clashing swords for melee, arrow rain for ranged combat and gunfire for firearms

Maps could be made in heavily f**ked HoMM 4 editor (I mean I may need to change the ingame sprites for japanese buildings and such). So it is a long term project (3-5 years) if I decide to continue and make it...

Bombast the Blue
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2019-12-10 19:18, Tuesday

Bodhisattva!

After trying for a few days to download your works the score is as follows:
The music CD I didn't try as it seems I can hear it ingame.
The rest eventually got here with one exception: the FG additional campaign, the 40mb file, keeps on looping a "loading a new key" message.

A doubt...
A few weeks ago started having a go at Dune.
As more often than not when playing the now very old Dune2 I went for the Harkonnen.
Most recent battle (06b or Tabr) ended up in campaign termination with me not getting if it was really last scenario or if I didn't meet all the objectives.
I did get there was a message ordering the destruction of the enemy air force, which I didn't complete before conquering the VH and ending the scenario.
Only got 2 of the 3 buggers... do I have to get the third ornitopter before entering the VH?...

Aesthetics, but I'll say it.
This Dune soundtrack is really good at creating "immersion".

Duke Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duke Falcon » 2019-12-11 19:12, Wednesday

Bombast the Blue wrote:
2019-12-10 19:18, Tuesday
Bodhisattva!

After trying for a few days to download your works the score is as follows:
The music CD I didn't try as it seems I can hear it ingame.
The rest eventually got here with one exception: the FG additional campaign, the 40mb file, keeps on looping a "loading a new key" message.

A doubt...
A few weeks ago started having a go at Dune.
As more often than not when playing the now very old Dune2 I went for the Harkonnen.
Most recent battle (06b or Tabr) ended up in campaign termination with me not getting if it was really last scenario or if I didn't meet all the objectives.
I did get there was a message ordering the destruction of the enemy air force, which I didn't complete before conquering the VH and ending the scenario.
Only got 2 of the 3 buggers... do I have to get the third ornitopter before entering the VH?...

Aesthetics, but I'll say it.
This Dune soundtrack is really good at creating "immersion".
Dune is strange lately. Campaigns what worked once now generate strange stuffs. I will need to update them and check everything is fine in the chain of scenarios. I think killing all the topters not mandatory just adviced to make the scenario a bit colourfull. All scenarios concludes in a tenth clash but on which road the player reach them is mostly open. So if everything happens before that that is a bug or error (i doubt you ran away of time as Dune grants plenty of times for scenarios). I think if conquering Sietch Tabr not let you select the next clash on the region map than the scenario's end links toward the next options is most probably broken. The strange part is that I had no problem with Tabr except messages told me that a few units were out of the map (there were no such units nor reinforcement and never revealed what caused the problem).
If I remember correctly I removed the link for the FG additions by accident and not renewed it yet. I wanted to implement everything in FG complete but I will be off for a month or so because of a nasty tumour what get surgically removed tomorrow. So If something (links) not work it means I revamp a bunch of stuffs just forgot to tell it for the forum.

Bombast the Blue
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bombast the Blue » 2019-12-12 09:17, Thursday

Duke Falcon wrote:
2019-12-11 19:12, Wednesday

Dune is strange lately. Campaigns what worked once now generate strange stuffs. I will need to update them and check everything is fine in the chain of scenarios. I think killing all the topters not mandatory just adviced to make the scenario a bit colourfull. All scenarios concludes in a tenth clash but on which road the player reach them is mostly open. So if everything happens before that that is a bug or error (i doubt you ran away of time as Dune grants plenty of times for scenarios). I think if conquering Sietch Tabr not let you select the next clash on the region map than the scenario's end links toward the next options is most probably broken. The strange part is that I had no problem with Tabr except messages told me that a few units were out of the map (there were no such units nor reinforcement and never revealed what caused the problem).
If I remember correctly I removed the link for the FG additions by accident and not renewed it yet. I wanted to implement everything in FG complete but I will be off for a month or so because of a nasty tumour what get surgically removed tomorrow. So If something (links) not work it means I revamp a bunch of stuffs just forgot to tell it for the forum.
Aye!
Nothing to do with hitting turn limit.
Sublime victory was registered.

I did ran out of front line units on a first approach to the scenario.
I let the artilleries lag too much behind and the enemy artilleries just shred them front line guys to bits with no chance for me to reply.

Now go get that thing out!

Duke Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-01-23 16:28, Thursday

I announce that for a while expect no updates for my e-files.
The reason is that I right before of chemoteraphy what will took a while and will smash me badly. Therefore the above statement. What little mood I have and will have I want to spend to play (now playtest my rebalanced Red Guard campaign and it still hard). When and how will I return to making brainless, freak e-files I can not tell right now. Maybe around mid- or late summer or mayhaps the next year.
But if you want, please, stay tuned!

THX

randowe
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by randowe » 2020-01-23 17:23, Thursday

Thanks for your monster graphics. The dinosaurs and the cockroach look good :yes

Best wishes and kind regards to you. Get well and see you in the summer :howdy

mythos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mythos » 2020-01-28 08:29, Tuesday

Get well soon comrade :best

Wonderdoctor
Generalstabsveterinär
Generalstabsveterinär

Post by Wonderdoctor » 2020-01-28 11:17, Tuesday

Good luck man. Get better!

lvjtn
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps

Post by lvjtn » 2020-01-29 08:08, Wednesday

get well soon, Gábor! :best
»my real name is csaba (tʃɒbɒ)«
efiles:
Image Image Image Image Image

campaigns:

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-01-29 12:43, Wednesday

I wish you to get recovered fast and completely :ihope
:howdy
Image  Visit my site to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game

Duke Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-02-01 16:41, Saturday

Thanks all, friends!

I start my trip through hell next week. But I not plan to become absent and want to post at least my playtest's result (not to mention my 24.th level amazon in Diablo 2 what is an awesome progress for me). It will help me a lot to play and keep my mind bogged down.

It also means I need to start a few new topic :)

Ale
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Ale » 2020-02-02 10:52, Sunday

best wishes from me too, nice files

von Schweinewitz
Captain
Captain

Post by von Schweinewitz » 2020-02-03 12:33, Monday

God bless you, Duke!

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2020-03-12 10:13, Thursday

Hello, after a longer Break i"m back to OpenGeneral to enjoy Xenogeneral. My best whishes for you Duke, come back in good healt.

Duke Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-04-04 16:10, Saturday

It seems now that toward the end of april or dawn of may I could upload the latest XG Complete. It would consist new units, scenarios and some serious fixes for campaigns. Also rewrite the XenoGuide since the ingame unit descriptions and some graphical changes rendered it obsolate.

Then I want to finish the Modern Warfare for PeG. If things will converge (Orbán & his bandit group act sane for some reason) during summer my chemo and corresponding therapies shall continue... Dim chance I know but Orbán may infested by COVID and gain some sane consciousness (you right, this is not that reality nor that dimension of existance)...

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2020-04-06 07:39, Monday

Good to hear about an update for Xeno, love this mod. Looking also forward for the next modern war scenarios for Peg Modern war.
Sad to hear about the stop of your therapy, hope it will continue soon. My best whishes to you.
Last edited by Micha on 2020-04-25 21:59, Saturday, edited 1 time in total.

Duke Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-04-25 19:09, Saturday

OK
XG complete updated, download link in the first post! Unzip the zip and write over all old contents!

- all units have pedia descriptions
- some minor unit's graphic changes
- some changes in existing campaigns' scenarios
- added a new race and a new campaign
- new PDFs for deeper insight to XG universe

Now time to finish Modern Warfare for PeG. Then Fantasy General comes (or do you want DUNE e-file be updated first?)

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2020-04-26 07:54, Sunday

Duke Falcon wrote:
2020-04-25 19:09, Saturday
OK
XG complete updated, download link in the first post! Unzip the zip and write over all old contents!

Now time to finish Modern Warfare for PeG. Then Fantasy General comes (or do you want DUNE e-file be updated first?)
Hello Duke, thank you for the update. Just a question. Do i have to untip al files into the xeno-folder ? I did so but some of the campaigns does not work anymore now .

Duke Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-04-26 19:03, Sunday

Micha wrote:
2020-04-26 07:54, Sunday
Duke Falcon wrote:
2020-04-25 19:09, Saturday
OK

Hello Duke, thank you for the update. Just a question. Do i have to untip al files into the xeno-folder ? I did so but some of the campaigns does not work anymore now .
Campaigns not work? Which ones?
I started all campaigns to see if they works or not and found no troubles. If overwrite not works, create a new XG_C folder and unzip things there. See if that works (and perhaps the version of the executive + suite needs some update?).

The only real trouble I know exist about it that sometimes Win7 or higher drop out to desktop but that is clearly and OS failure (well, we talk about Windowses afterall)...

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2020-05-01 09:35, Friday

Hello Duke, have updated my og corefiles ans now nothing does work anymore. XG has no sound anymore, some other e files does not work anymore at all.
Unfortunatelly i dont have the time to surch hours long to bring the tonns of campaigns og has to work withe the latest og version. Maybe i will try it in summer holiday.

Micha
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Micha » 2020-05-03 10:07, Sunday

Ok, found a way. Made a second og installation with updated core files especially for your e files. Works good.
In the "March of the red guard " i cant enter the purchase screen, everything else seems to work great.
Great, Dune , FG and xeno is enough to play endless hours, thank you againe.

Duke Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-05-04 08:11, Monday

Micha wrote:
2020-05-03 10:07, Sunday
Ok, found a way. Made a second og installation with updated core files especially for your e files. Works good.
In the "March of the red guard " i cant enter the purchase screen, everything else seems to work great.
Great, Dune , FG and xeno is enough to play endless hours, thank you againe.
Red Guard campaign is a "no buy" campaign. Could buy attachments and overstrength after scenarios but not buy!
I attached some pedia stuffs in PDF for the e-folder what rates and describes the campaigns. Worth to study that before jump into the deepest water (Red Guard campaign is the hardest one from all)...

Ale
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Ale » 2020-05-04 14:15, Monday

10+ grade Duke, for imagination, work and fantasy sensibility :yes I don't mind having extra gig in OG folder for it... not sure how much i'll play though - i sit around 9pm yesterday just to check mods and if all works (it does) and it was near midnight without even playing scenario :) i'm not the one inventing phrase "time flies" - but must've been really gigantic work, hope you are pleased with it.

graphically not best of solutions (i'm skilled enough to put black background if in need and can tweak forms, so it is to individual judgement and will) icons & maps can be tiresome for eyes and so on... but you are into graphical design yourself so i understand your need to have more complex solutions than my symple black backgrounds :) just said as that's downside and something where i'll have to "butcher" your work when/if i use it, for personal intent of course. anyway, forget about preferences and colors - glad there are people with such imagination. btw, SSI's FantasyGen is by my opinion maybe the hardest (when it comes to stock campaign) of all in their general series. it was never modded so it's kinda your hommage to it, although i mostly spent time with your Xeno mod, liked some units more than your FG ones (except Slave Archers))

take care, this is just btw comment on impressive work i haven't used much but glad to have :yes

Duke Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-07-25 07:41, Saturday

Right, it is time to return to OG for a while. I want to finish the FG e-file if possible in this year. The to-do list is simple as always: make everything... Or in details:
- Want to add description for all units (currently +700 are in the equipment) what would be veeeeery long to accomplish...
- Add a new campaign + finish the currently WiP one mean it will have five campaigns alltogether...
- Add new units what would be alternatives (like Skeleton lancers parallel with Skeletons among light infantry) perhaps with minimally or not different stats...

Why the third? I got some critics about the "lack of units" as well as "gender-fanatic" responses. Not sure why hate one that there were heavy spearwomen instead of the original FG's heavy spearmen but... Well, alternative units, you know. More work but not much meaning one may say but who knows? Perhaps sheer number is what satisfy some people...

Panem et circenses (sed avenam non)!