Suite-OG. Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 5.0.73.8 (1-Jan-2024)

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Suite-OG. Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 5.0.73.8 (1-Jan-2024)

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-09-28 10:22, Saturday

Topic to report bugs and suggest improvements to OpenSuite.

To see the full change-log for previous versions visit: http://luis-guzman.com/OpenSuite.html

[*] Units raised to 1600 total (800 if 2 players, 400 if 4 players)

Previous changes
---------------------------------------
Fixed a crash when loading .ai files

Added option to report all scenarios using the selected item in menu: Equipment | Unit's usage tool | Report scenarios using selected item

Range of fire was shown wrongly increased by 1, sometimes on map view.

Tiled map was not updated when making global changes to terrain

• * url for map server repo was the old one, now it's update
  • Added tool to create a CSV report summing up stats of units from each player
  • Export Units tools (CSV or XUDS), will export only the units matching the active filter
  • Export as template did not ask for the file to save
  • "Missing Pedia files" report fixed.
  • Missing Pedia files, added to Equipment report
  • "Missing Pedia files" report fixed.
  • Missing Pedia files, added to Equipment report
  • New option to clear hexes giving prestige, in menu option: Scenario/Savegame | Mapview specific options | Global changes to map data"
  • When exporting a map to PG2 .map format, only the names included in the exported area will be added to the .txt file
  • Added filter for units' stance, in Units View
  • Rand+ option, added to global changes to units
  • Added stronger code to avoid crashing the tool MapConvert
  • Improved option to export a mapx or scenario map to PG2 .map file. The map will be cropped to 40x45.
    Custom terrain will be converted to Clear and Shallow to Ocean
  • Option: Camp View, menu Campaign, Check Campaign units was reporting proper country as wrong country for all units.
5.0.72.14 ... 11/02/2020
  • When checking scenarios/campaigns, any map picture not found as .jpg or .png will be reported as missing
  • When checking scenarios/campaigns, there is an option to download missing maps as JPG from OG repository.-
  • When checking scenarios/campaigns, any map picture not found as .jpg or .png will be reported as missing
  • When checking scenarios/campaigns, there is an option to download missing maps as JPG from OG repository.
  • New hotkey (Alt+INSERT) to insert a clone of the equipment selected it its position.
  • Button to ""Insert a new item before selected" was disabled but not hidden.
  Visit my website to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: OpenSuite Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 5.0.72.2 (26-Sep-2019)

Post by randowe » 2019-10-08 16:25, Tuesday

Hello :howdy

Just a question: Is it possible to customize the little icons in suite, which are showing the terrain labels?

The BOCAGE label is nearly impossible to distinguish from the CLEAR label as you can see in the picture atop. I did not find a file, containing the icons. Am i blind? Or are the icons stored within the OpenSuite.exe?

(Actually it looks better in the picture i posted due to the bad quality .jpg, but when i look at it in Suite, i can hardly tell the difference and that hempers me for 2 years now :lol If it is possible to customize the icons i would also make the train station sign smaller for my own purposes)
Image Slava Ukraini!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-10-08 18:33, Tuesday

Currently is not possible to customize those icons :(

These icons are surely the older icons added to the first editor I made, when the scenario map was composed by these "tiles", probably around 1995 and they remain in Suite untouched since then. And they are still useful to mark specific terrains in the strategic view (which uses a fixed scale in order to fit these tiles), but obviously are outdated when used in normal view.

I am adding this item to the list of Suite wishes to see how I can improve it.
But be patient, I am very busy with real life lately.
:howdy

lvjtn
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps

Post by lvjtn » 2019-10-08 18:42, Tuesday

randowe wrote:
2019-10-08 16:25, Tuesday
The BOCAGE label is nearly impossible to distinguish from the CLEAR label as you can see in the picture atop.
i agree with you, and in the past, as a temporal solution i used the "terrain filter" selecting all terrain except the "clear", which helped a lot. and now, since we have the "tiles" button, i always use it. remember, this button doesn't change the map image to tiles, just switch the view in suite

of course, if Luis supports the idea, these small terrain marks can reworked a bit, and you surely can do this job :)

edit:

»my real name is csaba (tʃɒbɒ)«
efiles:
Image Image Image Image Image

campaigns:

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2019-10-08 19:06, Tuesday

I use the terrain filters too. I also use the "Show Hexes same type as current terrain combo" very often, but when i have a clear map and want to make half of it bocage it is a hard task :lol
Ok, probably the problem was bigger than normal in the recent days because i was making two Normandie maps with lots of Bocage, but i was often wishing in the past that the CLEAR and BOCAGE icons would be more different. Anyway, it is not urgend and if Luis has the time to look into it some day in the future i will of course volunteer to try to make new icons. The best option would be an independet file, so every designer would be able to customize it, or i could create more than one set of icons. But, yeah, we'll see :yes As i said, it is not urgend.
Image Slava Ukraini!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-10-08 19:31, Tuesday

Here it is the file embedded in the Suite to show terrain marks.

If you want to improve quickly I can replace in Suite and release an updated version, and later see how I can make it customizable

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2019-10-08 19:43, Tuesday

When I was making maps for PEG ... and based on these small terrain icons I had to do graphics - and they were similar -> I was substituting for other terrain icons (which was not used - often -> sand, ocean, custow ...)

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2019-10-09 15:13, Wednesday

I create the icons you see below. I hope they are more clear than the previous ones. It is hard to create a icon showing "Bocage", but now it should be easier to distinguish both icons :lol And the other icons as well.
I can not upload and show a bmp-file but when we come to an agreement i will send the bmp via email.
Maybe other map makers can have a say about their opinion too, because they stare at the icons a long time when making the mapx :yes

Image Slava Ukraini!

Duke Falcon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Duke Falcon » 2019-10-09 17:36, Wednesday

randowe wrote:
2019-10-09 15:13, Wednesday
I create the icons you see below. I hope they are more clear than the previous ones. It is hard to create a icon showing "Bocage", but now it should be easier to distinguish both icons :lol And the other icons as well.
I can not upload and show a bmp-file but when we come to an agreement i will send the bmp via email.
Maybe other map makers can have a say about their opinion too, because they stare at the icons a long time when making the mapx :yes

When I were forced\necessary to use bocage I always set-up "custom" terrain-type where I wanted bocage then changed them with the global terrain change method. Now I saw your small icons I sure vote for them not because the old ones were so wrong but some of your new ones are much more, well, descriptive.

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-10-09 19:54, Wednesday

randowe wrote:
2019-10-09 15:13, Wednesday

Can get an updated from my site OpenSuite 5.0.72.3, using your new icons. The dialog is not updated though, only the icons on map are changed.

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2019-10-10 15:54, Thursday

LuisGuzman8 wrote: Can get an updated from my site OpenSuite 5.0.72.3, using your new icons. The dialog is not updated though, only the icons on map are changed.
Thanks! I think everybody needs some time to get used to the new incons after all the years. I have to get used to them myself.
I hope nobody will show up tomorrow, ask for customization, because the new icons are ugly :lol
Image Slava Ukraini!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Re: Suite-OG. Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 5.0.72.5 (22-Sep-2019)

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-10-22 14:26, Tuesday

Guille found a glitch when using the tool to copy/move/rename campaign files to a folder.

It is fixed now :yes Can get OpenSuite 5.0.72.5

teejay
Private
Private

Post by teejay » 2019-10-25 12:00, Friday

I don't know if this is a bug or intended behaviour or something that I'm just not getting (I'm new to OG, since a couple of months, but played PG2 many years ago), anyhow, the issue is with the display of "spotted hexes" in the Suite - on examining a few scenarios, I noticed that while the "Player 1" (human) spotted hexes (black binoculars) show as expected, all "Player 2" (AI) spotted hexes (red binoculars), show +1 hex spotted relative to the spotting range defined for the unit .....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YZTwBUVRxU4jcE3v9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pPe7PsJ8dDmPme3x5

I've seen this in Suite versions 5.0.72.5 and 5.0.72.0 and the efile used is: OLGWW2

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-10-25 13:05, Friday

:welcome teejay
teejay wrote:
2019-10-25 12:00, Friday
I don't know if this is a bug or intended behaviour or something that I'm just not getting (I'm new to OG, since a couple of months, but played PG2 many years ago), anyhow, the issue is with the display of "spotted hexes" in the Suite - on examining a few scenarios, I noticed that while the "Player 1" (human) spotted hexes (black binoculars) show as expected, all "Player 2" (AI) spotted hexes (red binoculars), show +1 hex spotted relative to the spotting range defined for the unit .....

I've seen this in Suite versions 5.0.72.5 and 5.0.72.0 and the efile used is: OLGWW2
What scenario did you find that ? ... I've tested and could not replicate :dunno

teejay
Private
Private

Post by teejay » 2019-10-25 13:31, Friday

Thanks for the reply - scenario is jh3avra

I tried posting a couple of screenshots, but they're not showing up (hosted on google photos) - perhaps you can see them by following these links:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YZTwBUVRxU4jcE3v9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pPe7PsJ8dDmPme3x5

... however I'm now wondering if it's some setting that I've screwed up, as I had been attempting some minor tweaks ....

(edited by lvjtn: fixed the url of the screenshots)

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-10-25 13:51, Friday

You surely checked a unit with a leader.

What unit numbers did you checked in jh3avra.xscn?

teejay
Private
Private

Post by teejay » 2019-10-25 14:11, Friday

I apologise - I just realised I was looking at a 'saved game' - if I load the standalone scenario, the spotted hexes display as expected; so I guess it's my own fault for messing around :( - I must've screwed something up, as ALL the AI units in my saved game are showing +1 spotting range .....

Screenshot here

(edited by lvjtn: fixed the url of the screenshot)

edit by teejay - @lvtjn - you've edited to the screenshot for my original post - this is the screenshot that relates to this post ;) https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/ ... CfYS8ww0G1
Last edited by teejay on 2019-10-25 15:01, Friday, edited 1 time in total.

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2019-10-25 14:13, Friday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2019-10-25 13:51, Friday
You surely checked a unit with a leader.

What unit numbers did you checked in jh3avra.xscn?
it's p2:029 "44 infantry", with no leader, and when i open the scn (not xscn, if it matters), it's located at 35,11 spotting two hexes as it should

the screenshot what teejay posted shows this unit elsewhere, so i guess what he opened is a *xsav

sometimes i also noticed that suite doesn't refresh the spotting rules when i load a savefile. as the scenarios work fine, i never cared about it
efiles:

campaigns:

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2019-10-25 14:29, Friday

teejay wrote:
2019-10-25 13:31, Friday
I tried posting a couple of screenshots, but they're not showing up (hosted on google photos)
:welcome teejay!

yep, g**gle :censored :noway

it's impossible to embed a g* photo picture in a forum, and linking its url is also not too obvious. that's what you should post:

regarding your question: imo it's not your fault, but only Luis can answer this
efiles:

campaigns:

teejay
Private
Private

Post by teejay » 2019-10-25 14:31, Friday

lvjtn wrote:
2019-10-25 14:13, Friday

it's p2:029 "44 infantry", with no leader, and when i open the scn (not xscn, if it matters), it's located at 35,11 spotting two hexes as it should

the screenshot what teejay posted shows this unit elsewhere, so i guess what he opened is a *xsav
Actually, I'd moved the units to the location for the sake of a direct comparison for the screenshots, but yes, it was a saved game (see my previous post)
lvjtn wrote:
2019-10-25 14:13, Friday
sometimes i also noticed that suite doesn't refresh the spotting rules when i load a savefile. as the scenarios work fine, i never cared about it
ahh, that would clear up the mystery - it's a relief to know that it's not just me and I haven't screwed it up :phew

Thanks for replying.

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2019-11-08 10:08, Friday

how do you edit / handle xxl maps?

it's a real pain in the ass for me. in the past, the <ctrl> + mouse speeded up the scrolling, now it doesn't work for me, and anytime i click a hex out of the 70x60 border of the normal maps, suite switches back to the top-left part of the map :censored :mad

so if we can't simply disable the xxl maps ( :devil ), imo we should introduce something for moving the map. what if adding new hotkeys for paging? e.g. <alt>+arrows for moving 40/50 cols or rows to left/right/up/down?
randowe wrote:
2019-10-10 15:54, Thursday
I hope nobody will show up tomorrow, ask for customization, because the new icons are ugly :lol
i want the old (or only slightly modernized) hill, rough, sand, port, shallow water, escarpment back! :p i don't like the new ones at all. city, forest, river, airfield are fine. i seriously suggeest to rethink the hill - mountain - escarpment trio to be absolutely clear. imo the current (new) mountain looks more than escarpment (icey peaks), the escarpemtn looks like a hill (the old one had at least one steep side, and the new hill looks like clear with roads. :2cents
efiles:

campaigns:

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2019-11-08 11:15, Friday

lvjtn wrote:
2019-11-08 10:08, Friday
I handle them like other maps. Yes, it is just a lot of scrolling. I mean, a lot :lol
But personally i would not need any changes in the handling of XXL maps.
lvjtn wrote:
so if we can't simply disable the xxl maps
Why would you like to disable them? Nobody is forced to use them or load them in SUITE or work with them? If you load a small map or standart-sized map everything is ok, no? Or did i miss something?

EDIT: Most (all?) XXL maps are already used by the polish community and none used them also.
lvjtn wrote:
i want the old (or only slightly modernized) hill, rough, sand, port, shallow water, escarpment back!
Thats why i asked for customization! There is no way to make everyone happy. But nobody else made a suggestion back then... so :dunno
Image Slava Ukraini!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-11-08 11:46, Friday

lvjtn wrote:

it's a real pain in the ass for me. in the past, the <ctrl> + mouse speeded up the scrolling, now it doesn't work for me, and anytime i click a hex out of the 70x60 border of the normal maps, suite switches back to the top-left part of the map :censored :mad

so if we can't simply disable the xxl maps ( :devil ), imo we should introduce something for moving the map. what if adding new hotkeys for paging? e.g. <alt>+arrows for moving 40/50 cols or rows to left/right/up/down?
But you can already scroll the map faster in Suite, the same than when playing OG :shock

Do this: Hold <Ctrl> key pressed and hover (instead of clicking) the mouse/keypad in any of the the Suite's window borders or slightly out of them (1..3 pixels), and the map will scroll faster :yep

This should work either if you use a laptop or a desktop :huh

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2019-11-08 12:46, Friday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2019-11-08 11:46, Friday
Do this: Hold <Ctrl> key pressed andhover (instead of clicking) the mouse/keypad in any of the the Suite's window borders or slightly out of them (1..3 pixels), and the map will scroll faster :yep
it works only in "real size", and as you pick up smaller views, the speed decrease drastically

sorry, i wasn't clear. the click jumping back to the top-left corner of the xxl map also happens with only the strategic view. for me, it's impossible to get a quick overview about a xxl map :uzi them
efiles:

campaigns:

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2019-11-08 12:50, Friday

randowe wrote:
2019-11-08 11:15, Friday
Why would you like to disable them? Nobody is forced to use them or load them in SUITE or work with them? If you load a small map or standart-sized map everything is ok, no? Or did i miss something?
i never use any jpg/png maps. but i have to check them when adding them to the db, and sympatyk usually shares very-very few details. w/o opening his maps i can't figure out it's possible title. e.g. 50023 got the zillionth "moscow" name, and it covers an area larger than an average european country :naughty , and i got no google codes, no regions, so i should discover the entire xxl map to figure out what it is, where it is

AND I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE THEM ALL! :p :lol :bonk :irate

edit: if it wasn't obvious, it was a joke / wishful thinking forbidding xxl maps. the community asked them, the community use them, and what else can i hate if they didn't exist :devil
efiles:

campaigns:

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-11-08 12:52, Friday

lvjtn wrote:
2019-11-08 12:46, Friday
it works only in "real size", and as you pick up smaller views, the speed decrease drastically
I'll try to speed up scrolling with <Ctrl> when strategic view then :huh
for me, it's impossible to get a quick overview about a xxl map :uzi them
Have you tried to click on the small button " + " next to the strategic view check-button ? ... it was added to see the whole strategic map in a different window :yes

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2019-11-08 13:03, Friday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2019-11-08 12:52, Friday
I'll try to speed up scrolling with <Ctrl> when strategic view then :huh
:bow
Have you tried to click on the small button " + " next to the strategic view check-button ? ... it was added to see the whole strategic map in a different window :yes
i don't see any "+" button in mapx editor (when i load a mapx filw with suite, not the map view when i open an xscn):

if you can add this function to mapx editor, that would be great, at least if the predefined "terrain" + "names" filters work on this new window
efiles:

campaigns:

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2019-11-08 13:07, Friday

lvjtn wrote:
2019-11-08 12:46, Friday
strategic view
When i open a XXL map and set the view to strategic view i can see the whole map minus 3 or so columns at the top or bottom.
I usualy use my laptop and it runs with a screen resolution of 1600x900 pixel. So that is enough to see the whole xxl map in strategic view, minus the 3 columns at top/bottom.
Image Slava Ukraini!

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2019-11-08 13:10, Friday

randowe wrote:
2019-11-08 11:15, Friday
Thats why i asked for customization! There is no way to make everyone happy. But nobody else made a suggestion back then... so :dunno
you are right! and it also shows how frequently i used suite in the last few months :lol :-o

anyway, i try to improve the hill - mountain - escarpment terrain icons (just to make sure i can do sth better for me), and i definitely liked the old rough better (it looked like a rocky terrain), the current one is too geometric, like it would be a fortificcation, idk :dunno

the problem is the suite files aren't customizable, but let's ask Luis what he thinks about this idea :yes
efiles:

campaigns:

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-11-08 14:28, Friday

lvjtn wrote:
2019-11-08 13:10, Friday
the problem is the suite files aren't customizable, but let's ask Luis what he thinks about this idea :yes
I am working to make these "terrain-markers" customizables, as well as adding the "+" button in map editor too. :ihope

Two new optional external files are needed:
  • imaTerrMenu to show the marks when filtering the terrains to show on map.
    Will be a .bmp/png file 18 x 2019 pixels 24 bits, RGB

• imaTerrMarks to paint the marks on the map.
    This one must be a bitmap file (.bmp) 342 x 11 pixels, either 4,8 or 24 bits using RGB(192, 192, 192) as color background
These 2 files will be checked in a new SUITE_UI folder (no efile customization thus) and I'll include both set (2 old and 2 new variants) in the Suite zip when ready.

Everyone happy ?

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2019-11-08 16:19, Friday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2019-11-08 14:28, Friday
Everyone happy ?
Yes! :bow :bow :bow
Image Slava Ukraini!

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2019-11-08 17:22, Friday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2019-11-08 14:28, Friday
Everyone happy ?
:notworthy :bow :notworthy
randowe wrote:
2019-11-08 13:07, Friday
I usualy use my laptop and it runs with a screen resolution of 1600x900 pixel. So that is enough to see the whole xxl map in strategic view, minus the 3 columns at top/bottom.
thanks for the hint. on my laptop i can see only 1366x700px which is enough for 105 cols * 58 rows, but i will try checking xxl maps on my tv with 1920x1080 resolution. of course, i can't carry a 40" tv to my office everyday :D so faster scrolling and/or the "+" button for a new window is still a good idea. i can work on og projects a lot at my workplace when all quet on the server fronts :sh
efiles:

campaigns:

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-11-08 17:56, Friday

I can stretch the image when clicking the new "+" button from the MapX editor, to fit into the screen as I am testing that a 5400 x 5500 map doesn't fit in my desktop 1920 x 1080 pixels screen. Although the map image is not that good, (specially in cities) at least you can see the whole image.
:dunno

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Re: Suite-OG. Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 5.0.72.6 (8-Nov-2019)

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-11-08 19:52, Friday

Done !

Can get Suite 5.0.72.6 from http://luis-guzman.com/OpenGen/OpenSuite.zip

... including customizables imaTerrMenu.png to show the marks when filtering the terrains to show on map and imaTerrMarks.bmp to paint the marks on the map. Both files must be located in a new SUITE_UI subfolder in the main game folder.

The zip file includes Suite.exe and 2 sets for imaTerrMenu.png and imaTerrMarks.bmp, for the old Suite images and the new images made by Clemens.
While the menu image can be made as bmp or png, the map's marks must be done as bitmap only.

Also the option to show full strategic map ( + button) is improved in MapView and now the image is resized to show the full map image when it is bigger than your desktop screen. And this option is also available from the MapX editor now.

Finally, when <Ctrl> key is pressed while scrolling the speed in strategic views, it should move faster the map now.

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2019-11-08 20:30, Friday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2019-11-08 19:52, Friday
Done !

Can get Suite 5.0.72.6 from http://luis-guzman.com/OpenGen/OpenSuite.zip

... including customizables imaTerrMenu.png to show the marks when filtering the terrains to show on map and imaTerrMarks.bmp to paint the marks on the map. Both files must be located in a new SUITE_UI subfolder in the main game folder.

The zip file includes Suite.exe and 2 sets for imaTerrMenu.png and imaTerrMarks.bmp, for the old Suite images and the new images made by Clemens.
While the menu image can be made as bmp or png, the map's marks must be done as bitmap only.

Also the option to show full strategic map ( + button) is improved in MapView and now the image is resized to show the full map image when it is bigger than your desktop screen. And this option is also available from the MapX editor now.

Finally, when <Ctrl> key is pressed while scrolling the speed in strategic views, it should move faster the map now.

The picture files are not loaded correctly? When i start the Suite i wondered which one of the icon versions is the default version because my version is shown.
Then i deleted the SUITE_UI folder and my version was shown.
Then i edited the picture files and still the unedited icons were shown :huh
So i assume the icons which are stored whithin Suite are still loaded it seems? Not the new files.

the [+ botton] and the <ctrl> scrolling speed when in strategic view work well as far as i can test :yes
Image Slava Ukraini!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-11-08 20:56, Friday

:bonk

I see the files in the zip had a wrong "_" prefixes that must be removed (I've fixed and uploaded again with the proper filenames)
I added to test that the the images embedded as resources were working yet, and forgot removing before running the script to zip and upload.
:uzi me :doh

So you need to rename either set:
* the files starting with "_" are the old ones
* the files ending with "2" are the new ones

and the proper filenames t be used by the Suite are:
*** imaTerrMarks.bmp
*** imaTerrMenu.png[/center]

Sorry for the mistake ...

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2019-11-08 21:04, Friday

Now it works :cool Thanks a lot :notworthy :notworthy
Image Slava Ukraini!

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2019-11-08 21:27, Friday

I also tested
Everything is fine
Luis thank you
lvjtn wrote:
2019-11-08 12:50, Friday
i never use any jpg/png maps. but i have to check them when adding them to the db, and sympatyk usually shares very-very few details. w/o opening his maps i can't figure out it's possible title. e.g. 50023 got the zillionth "moscow" name, and it covers an area larger than an average european country :naughty , and i got no google codes, no regions, so i should discover the entire xxl map to figure out what it is, where it is

AND I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE THEM ALL! :p :lol :bonk :irate

edit: if it wasn't obvious, it was a joke / wishful thinking forbidding xxl maps. the community asked them, the community use them, and what else can i hate if they didn't exist :devil
Csaba I'm sorry that my maps annoy you. I always try to send google location.
But if at the 20 km scale - the map image displayed - does not cover it all on the screen, I use the 50 km scale -> and then, the area is larger than the map ...
For me, entering 200 names (to mapx) in a language I don't know - is a challenge -> preferably - I would do it in Polish ...
And the map is not so big -> it's only 240x200 km -> 2km / hex :)

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2019-11-08 21:54, Friday

sympatyk wrote:
2019-11-08 21:27, Friday
Csaba I'm sorry that my maps annoy you. I always try to send google location.
not YOUR maps, ALL xxl maps :) and as Clemens wrote, you can't make happy everybody, so don't worry about it at all. as my favorite philosofist, colonel john casey said: "i don't even care about my own feelings" (chuck, s02e07) :lol

more seriously: i never got google locations, maybe you send them only to Luis, isn't it possible? :dunno
LuisGuzman wrote:
Done !
:gracias :banana :clap :bow :yeah
randowe wrote:
2019-11-08 20:30, Friday
the [+ botton] and the <ctrl> scrolling speed when in strategic view work well as far as i can test :yes
+1 :cool

and last but not least, here you are my files (based on a mixture of both existing terrain marks collections) + a test scenario based on the top-left corner of 50021:

- https://sites.google.com/site/lvjtn9/SUITE_UI-csaba.zip
- https://sites.google.com/site/lvjtn9/50021_mod.mapx

and the obligatory screeenshots:

+1 when you arrive home, Juankar, maybe you should make the fourth and winner variant :) ;)
efiles:

campaigns:

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2019-11-09 13:01, Saturday

Hello :howdy

In the newest Suite the connection boxes for the roads, rivers and rails to the northwest and southwest are i little bit off the center. see the sceenshot:

Image Slava Ukraini!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-11-11 15:12, Monday

Thank you Clemes, I'll fix ASAP

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Re: Suite-OG. Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 5.0.72.7 (14-Nov-2019)

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-11-14 13:25, Thursday

New Suite 5.0.72.7 available

Changes:
  • Realigned checkboxes for roads, rails and rivers in MapX Editor.
  • A new NamesEx.txt is used, removing the unused first 31 lines from Names.txt
  • Both Names.txt and NamesEx.txt can include "comment" lines starting with an asterisk to edit and select names easier.
  • NamesEx.txt will be loaded as default, and if not found, Suite will create it, based on the existing Names.txt,including only the valid lines for countries and adding a comment header including the country number

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2019-11-16 18:24, Saturday

LuisGuzman wrote:
2019-11-14 13:25, Thursday
New Suite 5.0.72.7 available

(...)

NamesEx.txt will be loaded as default, and if not found, Suite will create it, based on the existing Names.txt,including only the valid lines for countries and adding a comment header including the country number
found a bug in it, and it's very likely lxf names.txt wasn't wrong either, suite makes a glitch:

it simply drops all lines starting with a non-ascii character, so even those what are allowed by win-1252, e.g. if you convert kaiser names.txt these lines will be dropped:

Ágoston (#2271 line)
Ávila (#1545 line)
Çakmak (#2207 line)
Ích Khiem (#2694 line)
Ó Fathaigh (#1668 line)
Özalp (#2213 line)
Özkök (#2232 line)
Ürug (#2229 line)
efiles:

campaigns:

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-11-16 20:29, Saturday

lvjtn wrote:
2019-11-16 18:24, Saturday
found a bug in it, and it's very likely lxf names.txt wasn't wrong either, suite makes a glitch:

it simply drops all lines starting with a non-ascii character, so even those what are allowed by win-1252, e.g. if you convert kaiser names.txt these lines will be dropped:

Ágoston (#2271 line)
Ávila (#1545 line)
Çakmak (#2207 line)
Ích Khiem (#2694 line)
Ó Fathaigh (#1668 line)
Özalp (#2213 line)
Özkök (#2232 line)
Ürug (#2229 line)
Good catch Csaba :clap

Indeed, this is the bug :bonk
I'm terrible sorry for inconveniences, my apologies (specially to Chris). :(

Can get OpenSuite 5.0.72.8, fixing it!

mythos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Suite-OG. Questions & Bugs - Latest exe: 5.0.72.8 (16-Nov-2019)

Post by mythos » 2019-11-17 05:45, Sunday

Thanks a lot :bow

mythos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mythos » 2019-11-17 05:55, Sunday

mythos wrote:
2019-11-17 05:45, Sunday

Edit:
Luis, the download link still points to the old Suite version.

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-11-17 08:11, Sunday

mythos wrote:
2019-11-17 05:55, Sunday
mythos wrote:
2019-11-17 05:45, Sunday

Edit:
Luis, the download link still points to the old Suite version.
Dam, the script failed uploading again :huh
It is fixed now...

mythos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mythos » 2019-11-17 08:59, Sunday

:gracias :bow

lvjtn

Post by lvjtn » 2019-11-18 09:30, Monday

LuisGuzman wrote:
customizables imaTerrMenu.png to show the marks when filtering the terrains to show on map and imaTerrMarks.bmp to paint the marks on the map. Both files must be located in a new SUITE_UI subfolder in the main game folder.
i know, i know, i can't get enough… :-o

but :)

wouldn't be more logical to allow SUITE_UI for efiles? i just think then efile makers could replace the "custom" by something more meaningful, and also the "hacked" terrrains can be implemented

and i also know the importance of this request is close to zero, so please ignore it if it's too much work

EDIT: there is a little bit more serious issue with terrain marks: somehow they use a built-in palette, and suite doesn't repsect the external bmp files and overrides some colors. see the template what i made for son efile (you can't view in chrome, so dl it, please)

install the bmp, now open the iem470223a.xscn of son, which uses lots of custom terrains (named "rubble"). that's what i see (rubble = rough):

and that's what i should:

i also noticed that some colors from other terrains are also dropped :huh
efiles:

campaigns:

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2019-11-18 14:01, Monday

lvjtn wrote:
2019-11-18 09:30, Monday
EDIT: there is a little bit more serious issue with terrain marks: somehow they use a built-in palette, and suite doesn't repsect the external bmp files and overrides some colors. see the template what i made for son efile (you can't view in chrome, so dl it, please)

install the bmp, now open the iem470223a.xscn of son, which uses lots of custom terrains (named "rubble"). that's what i see (rubble = rough):

and that's what i should:

i also noticed that some colors from other terrains are also dropped :huh
What happens if you use a 24 bit bitmap instead ?
If it would be a palette issue, it should be fixed. I won't be able to test today but if the problem is within the ImageList Control I'd need to change the code to use a different approach.

Another test would be to use a lighter background for rough as both background looks too similar.