Old campaigns

Discussing the game, editor (Suite) and the related tools.
REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Old campaigns

Post by REDrake » 2019-10-13 18:58, Sunday

Do we have a repository of old campaigns? I mean older PG2 campaigns.

Those were once hosted on Steve Brown's site, but that site is dead for quite some time.

I do want to check a few of the older campaigns to see if some are worthy of modernization. Including one of mine, which unfortunately I no longer have...

Wonderdoctor
Generalstabsveterinär
Generalstabsveterinär

Re: Old campaigns

Post by Wonderdoctor » 2019-10-13 21:29, Sunday

REDrake wrote:
2019-10-13 18:58, Sunday

Those were once hosted on Steve Brown's site, but that site is dead for quite some time.

I do want to check a few of the older campaigns to see if some are worthy of modernization. Including one of mine, which unfortunately I no longer have...
Try here: http://www.opengeneral.pl/pg2campaigns/steve/pg2.htm

Not sure who is hosting these pages, but big thank you! :bow

Juankar
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Juankar » 2019-10-13 21:30, Sunday

Thankfully, our friends from the :bow Polish Community hosts a mirror website of old Steve Brown's site. Here's the link:

http://www.opengeneral.pl/pg2campaigns/steve/pg2.htm

EDIT: Ooops. seems Jurgen was faster for seconds... :lol

lvjtn
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps
General, VII. Upper Danubian Corps

Post by lvjtn » 2019-10-13 22:30, Sunday

otoh, the quality of the campaigns in Steve's collection is very different, some of these campaigns were never playable or winnable with pg2, some of them have no efile attached or critical files (like some unfinished scn :yikes ) missing, some of them have very poor design, etc.

with Jan and a few other veterans we selected 53 good quality campaigns, which weren't played as a cc (or a different version), nor openized, and created the so called "pg2 pack" available on our webiste

all campaigns of this "pg2 pack" is at least tested by suite, so theoretically all of them are playable, all opendat files are available, etc.
»my real name is csaba (tʃɒbɒ)«
efiles:
Image Image Image Image Image

campaigns:

Major Heinz
Kadet
Kadet

Post by Major Heinz » 2019-10-14 17:45, Monday

Maybe there are also good campaigns that are not yet converted into OG in the german-speaking area. I do not know what the Panzerliga did (if they have converted all PG2 campaigns into OG), but I know that in the Rayydars Raiders forum some campaigns were released. Except KnK and my Forward, Comrade campaign all of these campaigns were never openized, because RSF never went into OG. But I can not tell anything about the quality of these campaigns. I never were a great campaign player (only SSI, than several years I played PBEM in the Rayydars League and than I start with disigning own campaigns). Maybe Parabellum, Clu or Reloadmaster (is he still in these games?) can say more about these campaigns.
Only to mention it, if someone is searching a german PG2 campaign to play or convert :2cents

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2019-10-16 08:17, Wednesday

REDrake wrote:
2019-10-13 18:58, Sunday
Major Heinz wrote:
2019-10-14 17:45, Monday
... but I know that in the Rayydars Raiders forum some campaigns were released. ... Maybe Parabellum, Clu or Reloadmaster (is he still in these games?) can say more about these campaigns.
Only to mention it, if someone is searching a german PG2 campaign to play or convert :2cents
@REDrake : The KnK campaign has been converted from Mythos to its own e-file. But I have doubts that the campaign will ever be published. If you are interested I will send you a zip.file.
There is a second campaign in the Raiders Forum that is relatively unknown. Originally from Clu, it was modernized by Rayydar and called "Between the Eastern Front and the Western Front". Content: German defensive battles in 1944. Can I recommend and also send as zip.file.
Completed CCs: 1x4, 2x5, 3x3, 4, 5x3, 6, 7x2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17x2, 18x3, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56x3, 57, 58, 59, 60x3, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67x2, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72x2, 73, 74, 75x2, 76x5, MTC I
Completed CCCs: #8

REDrake
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by REDrake » 2019-10-16 10:45, Wednesday

Thanks for the answers... :clap

Yes, I remember that there were some odd campaigns on Steve page and I thought maybe I could find a gem among them.

True, some of those are terrible and some underdeveloped. Like Jorge Gabitto who made a few such campaigns, like that Alien Invasion campaign. I remember playing that a long time ago...

Or that alternate history campaign Vive la France who had some nice ideas but way before its time.

I will check on the PG2 Pack.

I am currently converting Steve Brown's French Campaign. I know it was already converted on LXF. But my e-file has a lot more diverse fortifications for both Germans and French. :poke

Major Heinz
Kadet
Kadet

Post by Major Heinz » 2019-10-21 00:11, Monday

Parabellum wrote:
2019-10-16 08:17, Wednesday
@REDrake : The KnK campaign has been converted from Mythos to its own e-file. But I have doubts that the campaign will ever be published. If you are interested I will send you a zip.file.
There is a second campaign in the Raiders Forum that is relatively unknown. Originally from Clu, it was modernized by Rayydar and called "Between the Eastern Front and the Western Front". Content: German defensive battles in 1944. Can I recommend and also send as zip.file.
There are more campaigns in the Raiders Forum. I can remember that one was called Verteidigung des Vaterlandes and was created by Panzerlurch, a German Campaign called Götterdämmerung, my WK2 Campaign, the two campaigns that were published this year, an old Africa campaign (I believe made by Panzerlurch) and maybe two or three that I do not remember. If Rayydar has published a Campaign in the official download area is not an arguement for the quality of the Campaign. In the older campaigns there can be some bugs and mistakes, but there do not have to be any bugs and mistakes. As far as I remember, Rayydar once published the Posting with the download link for Verteidigung des Vaterlandes. And there were a lot of Players which liked my WK2 Campaign. Also Rayydar published only the to RSF 3.? updated campaigns and I think that he did not want to update all campaigns because of time problems. Newer campaigns he could not publish because he cannot play the game anymore, because of computer problems. So he could not test them.
Only to correct you, because I think most of the German People here know the Forum and the others prefer campaigns with English language :2cents .
But I admit, that you can not know most of them, because they were published years before you joined the Forum.