ATOMIC Efile [see 1st post]

Discussions about official and unofficial OpenGen Efiles.

Moderator: REDrake

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: ATOMIC Efile [check 1st post]

Post by randowe » 2020-11-11 23:54, Wednesday

Puma wrote:
2020-11-11 23:04, Wednesday
Atomic blitzkrieg is the campaign I am waiting for!!!
Do you think it will be good from what you read? Or not so good?

To add to my previous comments on the campaign, all the time i am asking myself if i should replace old Dunkirk with the big new map :huh
I'll see... :dunno :lol
Last edited by randowe on 2020-11-13 14:59, Friday, edited 1 time in total.
Image Slava Ukraini!

Puma
Major
Major

Post by Puma » 2020-11-13 09:50, Friday

Blitz is my type of campaign and it sounds good and I think all the old maps should be replaced with new maps to refresh the campaign.
BaseKorp Efile

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-11-13 14:58, Friday

Yeah thanks, i hope it still qualify as an Blitzkrieg campaign because many of the new scenarios are much bigger and take more turns than the old ones. But i must admit, i like big scenarios and large maps and as i have mentioned earlier, i was thinking about changing all maps and the campaign's title, but on the other hand i wanted to keep some of the original scenarios because i really like them. I think the campaign path is finished now and i had a lot of fun plying it, so i am okay with the campaign, even if the "blitzkrieg" titel does not match the style for 100%.
If someone mentions all that, i'll simply say that this ATOMIC Blitzkrieg campaign is the mutant uncle of the Blitzkrieg campaign, who was accidentally standing for to long in a proton beam :lol

EDIT: So i finaly changed the Dunkirk scenario map to the new big one. All of the existing enemy units kept their correct place. There are just 8 new enemy units which defend Calais now. I also added two sunken ships for the atmosphere.
Image Slava Ukraini!

Puma
Major
Major

Post by Puma » 2020-11-13 22:55, Friday

Just to clarify, I like campaigns that allow you to have a core of 30+ units and many different enemies and blitzkreig campaign does this.
BaseKorp Efile

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-11-28 13:39, Saturday

Sorry for all the text, i don't know if anybody will read all of this, but here we go :bonk :lol

So here are my plans for next year. In the next 4 moths, until the end of march, i want to make 12 maps and then i plan to take a long break from map making until autumn or winter. I want to spend the time on playing and designing my campaigns. I also revised the list of maps a little bit. Since the collaborative campaign about "Armygroup X" got unfortunately cancelled i dismissed some of the maps and added 3 east asian maps instead. There is really a lack of big classic style maps in that area and so i'm gonna make two Philippine maps and a larger version of the old taiwan map. Here is the list:

Berdjansk, Taganrog, Sevastopol, Northwest Kaukasus, Crimea East, Radom, Deblin, Baku, Lingayen Gulf, Bataan Peninsula, Taiwan North, Dnipropetrovsk

I also did a little work on the Efile recently. But it's mostly on unit names and prices and few numbers. I also had a little :idea moment when i came to the conclusion to delete some NO BUY units from minor nations, when the same units are already available at other nations. So i was able to free a dozen slots or so, and thus i could add some more units. So the overall number of units hadn't changed.

Campaigns i plan to make next year:

ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG is in its final state and i started to run the final playtest. I hope to release the campaign together with the next official version of the Efile in january. Maybe i'll wait until new icons are up, so i can add them to the Efile. We'll see. There is no rush and we have all the time in the world :lol

AXIS BLACK SEA, i did not work on the campaign recently. There is still the same bunch of scenarios done and i think i will continue to work on the campaign when i have the Berdyansk and Taganrog maps finished. I decided to end the campaign in Baku in 1942, so the player don't has to play all the defensive scenarios of 1943/44. I will add that path later and there will be a choice scenario after the player captured the north east Caucasus.

13. PANZER-DIVISION, i already posted the core lineup in a previous post. The player will command a panzer division and i will apply my special ruelset, so the player can not buy any units and there will be not protos, no planes, etc. Upgrades will be limited. This campaign should become the hardest and most realistic ATOMIC campaign. I can reuse a lot of my maps, since the 13. PzD was engaged mainly around the Sea of Azov and Caucasus as well. The campaign will start with two scenarios in Poland 1939 and France 1940, when the division was a motorized infantry division. There will also be two scenarios around Dnipropetrovsk, which i think will be interesting. The city was attacked from the southwest and once a bridgehead was secured on the other side of Dnieper river, the 13. PzD was drawn out of the battle and sent across the river at an other german bridgehead and then it attacked the city from behind. Campaign will end 1944.

I must admit, i have little interest in the Moskov and Leningrad fronts, so all of my campaigns will be heavy on Ukraine and Southern Russia scenarios.

ATOMIC BIG BLITZ will be an enlarged Blitzkrieg campaign where i will simply add new scenarios in between the existing ones. That should expand the campaign from 38 to around 60 scenarios.

MARINEKAMPFVERBAND (Naval fighting force) will be a fictional campaign that takes place on classic style maps with the exact dimensions of 3150 x 3000 pixel only. The player will field all kinds of units, ships, paratroopers, tanks and carrier borne planes and all that cool stuff. Once i am done with map making in march, there will be around 50 of these maps and i plan to make 40 scenarios for this campaign. Many of these maps feature a lot of ocean and the use of ships will be absolutely necessary. Though there will few scenarios without any ocean too.
The picture shows all the maps with the aforementioned specifications that already exists. At the moment i think this will be the most fun project and i am really looking forward to it :banana :banana

EDIT: edited a typo and one east/west error :bonk
Last edited by randowe on 2020-11-28 16:14, Saturday, edited 2 times in total.
Image Slava Ukraini!

LuisGuzman
General, Special Forces
General, Special Forces

Post by LuisGuzman » 2020-11-28 13:49, Saturday

Very promising plans Clemens :clap

I'm sure you will do a great job :howdy
  Visit my website to get my latest tools.
* Click Open General banner to get more info about the game

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2020-11-28 17:05, Saturday

:yes
Yes, I think so too - these will be new, interesting campaigns

Parabellum
Captain
Captain

Post by Parabellum » 2020-11-30 10:03, Monday

I wish you good luck and perseverance with your projects :yes .
The events and experiences of the last few days show that it is a better idea if you start the projects without the help of another person. A cooperation is tempting, but if the enthusiasm of those involved fluctuates like the tidal range in the Bay of Fundy, then such a project has no future. Therefore, I understand and share your decision to end your collaboration with Chris.

Maybe I overlooked it in a previous post, but I'd be interested to know which side the Navy campaign is on (Axis or Allies)?
Completed CCs: 1x4, 2x5, 3x3, 4, 5x3, 6, 7x2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17x2, 18x3, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56x3, 57, 58, 59, 60x3, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67x2, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72x2, 73, 74, 75x2, 76x5, MTC I
Completed CCCs: #8

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-11-30 18:16, Monday

Parabellum wrote:
2020-11-30 10:03, Monday
Maybe I overlooked it in a previous post, but I'd be interested to know which side the Navy campaign is on (Axis or Allies)?
Germany will be the player's main nation, while Italy will be auxiliary nation in the Mediterranean Theatre and North Africa, Romania in the Ukraine and South Russia, Japan in Asia and the USA and Finland in the Leningrad Scenario. Most importantly, the player will be able to buy italian and japanese ships and planes.

Today i found a way to get some more unit slots :idea I just deleted the obligatory naval transport for nations like Switzerland, Austria and Luxembourg and some others. So overall i have 10 empty slots again. Well some have been reused already...
Image Slava Ukraini!

Duke Falcon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Duke Falcon » 2020-12-05 17:57, Saturday

I got interested. So when atomic blitz would be included in this e-file I want to give it a certain try!
May even playtest it :)

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2020-12-05 22:49, Saturday

Duke Falcon wrote:
2020-12-05 17:57, Saturday
I got interested. So when atomic blitz would be included in this e-file I want to give it a certain try!
May even playtest it :)
I'm glad you like the reports so far. I think the campaign will be ready for action in january.
There will be also a new version of the efile with a hundred little changes and adjustments.

I also put the first 22/60 scenarios of the extended Big Blitz campaign together. But that campaign will take some more months before it will be released:

Code: Select all

Campaign: bigblitz * 1938-46 ATOMIC BIG BLITZ

File                 Scenario                                           Date           BV   V  TV    L  Map

0 bigblitz0.xscn       Mallorca                    *** NEW                Aug 16, 1938    1   1   1   Ls  1479.png
 1 bigblitz1.xscn       Madrid Offensive                                   Dec 23, 1938    2   2   2   Ls  21.png
 2 bigblitz2.xscn       Westerplatte                *** NEW                Sep  1, 1939    3   3   3   Ls  1341.png
 3 bigblitz3.xscn       Ciechanow                                          Sep  5, 1939    4   4   4   Ls  12.png
 4 bigblitz4.xscn       Warsaw                                             Sep 20, 1939    5   5   5   Ls  349.png
 5 bigblitz5.xscn       Operation Weserübung        *** NEW                Apr  9, 1940    6   6   6   Ls  1384.png
 6 bigblitz6.xscn       Narvik                                             Apr  9, 1940    7   7   7   Ls  1366.png
 7 bigblitz7.xscn       Sedan                                              May 13, 1940    8   8   8   Ls  22.png
 8 bigblitz8.xscn       Ostende                     *** NEW                May 26, 1940    9   9   9   Ls  1442.png
 9 bigblitz9.xscn       Race to Dunkirk                                    May 27, 1940   10  10  10   Ls  1229.png
10 bigblitz10.xscn      El Agheila                  *** NEW                Mar 10, 1941   11  11  11   Ls  300.jpg
11 bigblitz11.xscn      Tobruk                                             Apr  8, 1941   12  12  12   Ls  16.png
12 bigblitz12.xscn      Thermopylae                                        Apr 24, 1941   13  13  13   Ls  14.png
13 bigblitz13.xscn      Crete                                              May 20, 1941   14  14  14   Ls  1469.png
14 bigblitz14.xscn      Malta                                              May 26, 1941   15  15  15   Ls  1470.png
15 bigblitz15.xscn      Kishinev                                           Jul  9, 1941   16  16  16   Ls  20.png
16 bigblitz16.xscn      Siege of Odessa             *** NEW                Aug  5, 1941   17  17  17   Ls  1498.png
17 bigblitz17.xscn      Demyansk                                           Aug 15, 1941   18  18  18   Ls  1039.png
18 bigblitz18.xscn      Viazma                                             Sep 15, 1941   19  19  19   Ls  741.png
19 bigblitz19.xscn      Rostov I                    *** NEW                Oct 15, 1941   20  20  20   Ls  1365.png
20 bigblitz20.xscn      Breakthrough at Perekop     *** NEW                Oct 21, 1941   21  21  21   Ls  1525.png
21 bigblitz21.xscn      Rostov II                                          Nov 22, 1941   22  22  22   Ls  1075.png

Summary of maps needed:
1075.png              used 1   times
1479.png              used 1   times
22.png                used 1   times
1039.png              used 1   times
349.png               used 1   times
12.png                used 1   times
16.png                used 1   times
1525.png              used 1   times
1470.png              used 1   times
1469.png              used 1   times
300.jpg               used 1   times
741.png               used 1   times
1366.png              used 1   times
14.png                used 1   times
1229.png              used 1   times
1442.png              used 1   times
1384.png              used 1   times
1365.png              used 1   times
1498.png              used 1   times
1341.png              used 1   times
21.png                used 1   times
20.png                used 1   times
Image Slava Ukraini!

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-03 15:50, Sunday

New year's newest news :lol

So the ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG campaign is finished, you might have read the report last month. I want to wait with the next official update of the efile until the openicons got updated, so i can add my icons to the efile.
If you don't want to wait and want to play the Blitzkrieg campaign i can email the latest build of the efile + campaigns and standalone scenarios. Just leave a post or send me a private message or mail.

I also found a gold mine of unit slots. Many nations had two or three horse transports which ended up beeing all the same after i worked on them. Only the icons and transport weight differed. So i reduced the horse transports for all nations to one. Only germany retained its 3 horse transports, because they are used hundreds of times already.
For all other nations i was able to track down the used horse transports (with the Suite's units's usage tool) and changed it to the new transport in some scenarios if needed.
So overall i ended up with around 80 :eek free unit slots...of which 40 have already been reused :lol

I also finalized my map making plans for this year. Until the end of march (or april :ihope ) i am going to make 10 more maps and then i'll take a long break from map making until the end of the year. It just takes to much time and i want to concentrate on my campaigns.
All maps will be 3150x3000 pixel big, except the Radom map, which will be smaller. The 10 maps are:

Taganrog, Russia
Serafimovich, Russia
Krasnodar, Russia
Baku, Azerbaijan
East Crimea, Ukraine
Sevastopol, Ukraine
Dnipro, Ukraine
Malmö, Sweden
Radom, Poland
Thermopyle, Greece
Image Slava Ukraini!

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-06 13:31, Wednesday

Quo vadis Open General?

First i want to say sorry, but i had to write this rant. It's been growing for a long time and i can't hold it back anymore :lol
I also don't want to attack anybody. I am only angry about myself because i care to much about the game and community.
I always wished i would have joined the community in 2007 and not in 2017. I was 10 years to late. A pitty.

But most people from the near-death community won't care anyway. And that's also my main point.
The community is dead and i have to figure out how to emotionally disconnect and then good buy :howdy c'est la vie :dunno

I know we live in tough times but covid must have hit the turn-based-games-players more than any other people in the world.
Because all other forums i visit regularly have the same activit as always.

So will there be any future development of the game, efiles and campaigns?
Will there be anybody making maps? Are there active members of the community who are willing to contribute?

See the links and leader names and maps sections. I often wonder if there is a single active efile maker because it seems that nobody is doing any research. And if so, why are they not able to share some useful links?
And, let's be honest, it's not about some links, but about participation in a healthy community.
Nobody needs people secretly working on their own stuff but not taking part in anything. Than the forum would be empty. Like it is now. And i am not talking about sports stuff, Bundesliga, nonsense talk or youtube links... ;)

I don't need the answers for my questions, because - in fact - i already got them over time. No answer is an answer and no participation in a community is an answer too.

This is everything so frustrating. And again, i am only angry about myself because i care too much! I want to let go :bonk
I really wish i had the ability to turn away in one minute and never come back like so many people did.
But my brain does not work like this. Unfortunately. And i always think much too much and i notice every single detail (like participation i a forum) which add to my frustration.

I guess my next stop will be the "Adult fans of LEGO" community. When i see a forum with more than 1000 people online at the same time, i know, it will last for some years ;)

But first i'll finish the 10 maps i mentioned earlier :cool

(Nobody should feel obliged to reply. I guess the post is more for myself so i can write down my feelings and make the first step to emotionally disconnect. Or try at least :bonk :ihope )
Image Slava Ukraini!

hoza
Kadet
Kadet

Post by hoza » 2021-01-06 13:49, Wednesday

Well I started in 2007 or even earlier and I am still on PG/OG but I am a player not a builder and I love the game because it is as challenging as chess but more creative especially when you play it PBEM. So you have some more years to go before you will get fed up. It is the younger generation which is not interested in this sort of game and it is the getting older of some of the hardcore PGs who do not have the time anymore to spent it gaming. And there are not enough really old ones like me who have the time and the ambition to play. Let us hope that Luis and Gilestiel who are important for keeping the game alive will go on for many years. And perhaps one of my biggest dreams will come true: A worldligue tournament of OG. :hurrah :grumpy
Last edited by hoza on 2021-01-06 15:35, Wednesday, edited 1 time in total.

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2021-01-06 13:57, Wednesday

:howdy
Clemens
The answer has multiple threads
I wish I could write it all down - but it will take hours for me to write in English - ... it might not be understandable anyway

First of all - why are you here? ....

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2021-01-06 15:47, Wednesday

I have already answered myself - this question several times - Why am I here? - This applies to both the Polish forum and this one (JPs)

Well why?
The beginnings were very difficult for me - I was learning Gimp, I was learning the game, I was learning the world of PG / OG ...
My first maps were not well received here.
Difficulties in English - caused misunderstanding (and I couldn't explain)
On the Polish forum I also experienced - silence ..
I am writing, waiting for an answer - and for a few days nothing here ... silence
Gustlik - that's how Gustlik was the driving force - he wrote --> make large maps, the largest (Now when Gustlik has been absent for a long time - who should I make maps for? Who will use them?)
And I started to do - and it generated trouble ...
Luis - the most important person in all this
We tried to explain technical problems -> we wrote to each other - in English, Spanish, Polish
I made videos to show the problem ..
Yes, Luis a real friend - he took his time, he had patience ...
This is the first answer ... (very simplified- language)

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2021-01-06 16:34, Wednesday

Well why?

You know I can't play?
Even at 300% - it's difficult for me (so I have no fun playing)

People asked to make new maps for the new campaign ..
However, they never did this campaign - the maps went to the drawer ..
And again I asked myself ...

But there was an amateur to my style and colors :howdy
Michael (PEG) - sent me the old pictures + * map files
Based on, I made over 70 maps (mainly Vietnam)
At the beginning, he only sent me pictures / battle plans (for new campaigns), and I adjusted them to make a map ... (several dozen pieces)

You know that there are people who can share their work with others - for free ... You joined this group too

That's why I started a topic about maps - I wanted to share my experience ..

This is the second answer

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2021-01-06 16:50, Wednesday

So why?

There are moments of joy
Luis invited me to create pictures for the first tiles
Agreement on technical issues was macabre ... I persuaded Jarek (Jaro) to help
Now there are the next generations of tiles, but I can see in some of my ideas and drawings (modified)

This is the third answer

Wonderdoctor
Generalstabsveterinär
Generalstabsveterinär

Post by Wonderdoctor » 2021-01-06 16:52, Wednesday

Cheer up Clemens. The ongoing Monster campaign had quite a few participants, so this place is not dead yet.

I do admit that I do not discuss what I am working on regularly - except with Adler who makes efile changes if required and provides 'what if' input - and I do move pretty slow. But I am grateful for e.g. sympatyk making a map for me here and there. I met the first PG2 players in real life in 2002 (after being part of the community for quite a few years already) and I won't be going anywere anytime soon. I hope you'll stick around as well.

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2021-01-06 17:23, Wednesday

So why?

Time
Some people got bored at work so they participated in the forum and played and worked for OG
Now remote work - they are at home (no time)
You wrote - Why are we the only two of us always talking about maps? - and yet there was also the third ... and fourth
You always have to try ...

You made a great effort and you became seriously committed to working for OG
Do people appreciate about? -> Yes

This is the fourth answer

@ Wonderdoctor - making pictures for you is pure pleasure :howdy

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-06 17:39, Wednesday

Don't get me wrong, i love the game :love Now i have my own efile and campaigns and it's the best playing experience i could ever ask for :cool
But then i open the forum, see the silence and i turn from Dr. Jekyll into Mr. Hyde and want to throw my laptop out of the window :evil
I always imagine "what could be" a active and cooperative community. And i guess that's why we are here - the community.
Because otherwise we could sit at home alone and play our games alone :dunno

I know it's because i can not distance myself emotionally. When i commit to something i commit to 100% and then i notice every little detail...
For many years i was road cycling like a pro :bonk :lol and i told people at work that they should not even try to call me when the sun is shining, because i am outdoors and cycling anyway... it was alomst a relief when i stopped with that sport.

To start with, i think it would help when people would just talk a little more about their plans. What campaign are they working on? What scenarios did they play? What will be the upcomming CC? When will be the next update of this or that official file? Is anything planned in the next months...
Reading about other peoples plans it always a little encouragement, no?

But yeah, i will always be part of the community and maintain my efile, campaigns and maps. I just hope i can calm down one day and take things as they are and maybe i will spend more of my free time with other things than video games...

Peace :cool
Image Slava Ukraini!

Puma
Major
Major

Post by Puma » 2021-01-06 21:43, Wednesday

:huh Hi all
I am of guilty the "no discussions" on the board. I am actively enhancing my efile and converting some campaigns but I know your frustration :(
I will never create another campaign for distribution as my previous efforts were never liked. Also I have never mastered the maps and cannot get the terrain layers to work and did not want to create them for every new map I put in a campaign.

When you spend many hours, weeks, months creating something and then release it for others to enjoy you have this wonderful feeling of accomplishment.
Then no one is interested in it, or they dislike it or they actively rubbish it :no and you wonder why you ever bothered and feel like you wasted your time and effort. :thud

I stopped posting on the forum because there was too much anger and attacks became personal. There were constant demand for changes to the exe from players who never used the changes and there was great instability for a long period that probably turned people away from playing or creating campaigns.
Every subject became a heated exchange that I got tired of following or participating in. Even trying to explain problems in the game became tedious because others did not have the problem, so I assumed it was just me unless it was mentioned by another player. Then there was the "copyright" issue which became the final nail in the coffin for my experience. :nyet

OG is the only game I play and will keep playing it as long as I can. The problem is I have become a player who only uses my efile (and now maybe yours as it clones mine) and I prefer a certain type of campaign(able to use multiple classes of core units), so specific unit campaigns and rules are not my style.

I will release an update maybe in March when I have finished converting the 2 campaigns with minor adjustments to the efile, nothing grand.

My advice to you is create what you like so you can enjoy it and do not be surprised or upset if others do not feel the same way as you about it. I speak from 20 years of PG2/OG experience ;)
BaseKorp Efile

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-07 00:12, Thursday

Thanks for your words Puma :howdy I mostly agree.

Still, what i miss the most is the cooperative part. I always liked to cooperate with others, be it board games in real life or the Vietcong 3D shooter back in the day :lol Anyway, i think i have to take things not too personal or too serious if i want to stick around for 20 more years :yes
Image Slava Ukraini!

Major Heinz
Kadet
Kadet

Post by Major Heinz » 2021-01-07 01:07, Thursday

Hi Clemens, I can understand you quite well. I also postpone continuing work on the RSF because I think to myself whether it is worth the work and whether anyone would play trapping and trapped one day. Almost everyone who is active here in the forum has his own efile and deals exclusively with it. The reasons are probably that quite a few here (I don't know most of them, but I think so) came to OG from PG2. And there were already so many efiles and everyone is now trying to recreate their favorite efile in OG. For me it is also the case that I find some things about other Efiles strange and not so great. This of course makes the likelihood of cooperation more difficult, especially when it comes to campaigns. I think there are already some pure players here in the forum, but they hardly write here, except maybe Hoza and Parabellum. The reasons for that are complex. That is probably a mix of little time and the language barrier. For me it is also much more stressful and time-consuming to write in English than in German and I am always ashamed of my bad English, but still try to avoid the translator most of the time. Reading English also takes longer if that's not your mother tongue. There may be reasons why not so many are active here and when I look at the number of clicks on my YouTube videos, there may still be more people playing PG2 than OG. Maybe because OG is too complex for them (which I can somehow understand because I sometimes find the game too overloaded) or because OG was the gravedigger of PG2. For me, it's not that easy to choose between OG and PG2 either. Both games have their advantages and disadvantages.
It's kind of understandable that not many write about campaigns or something. The normal campaign builder might do one campaign a year and there just isn't enough time for more.
I think it's also difficult for newbies to participate, for example designing maps for others. I would love to do that, but I have neither Photoshop nor the knowledge of what to do for it and how I can "paint" a town or stuff like this. :dunno
What is missing here in the forum are instructions, a how to. But I am always a little frustrated when it comes to new maps, because I alwyas want to have them for PG2 too. :whine
Ultimately, everything is a little easier in a forum like the Raiders. If you there create something, you know that at least two or three people will definitely play the campaign, and I'm sure more people will write AARs, because it's just faster and easier in their native language. The forum here is an exchange between creative people who are mostly rarely creative and prefer to write about music and other things and where in the end everyone continues to work on their project and where not everyone can write in their native language :lol .

hoza
Kadet
Kadet

Post by hoza » 2021-01-07 07:05, Thursday

randowe wrote:
2021-01-07 00:12, Thursday
Thanks for your words Puma :howdy I mostly agree.

Still, what i miss the most is the cooperative part. I always liked to cooperate with others, be it board games in real life or the Vietcong 3D shooter back in the day :lol Anyway, i think i have to take things not too personal or too serious if i want to stick around for 20 more years :yes
:cool
Father, give us courage to change what must be altered, serenity to accept what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
:cool :grumpy

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2021-01-07 13:04, Thursday

have some scenarios, various tries and experiments in other historical eras, even 15 scen "blitz" without any polish nor texts and discovered mods around 2003, when it was American "owned" forum etc... it's different and much smaller, as is my age different and much bigger :)

i am thinking if i never really worked on publishing, hardly will change that soon and like other things... however i am around and agree people should talk about other things (not forcing anyone)) generally and about game more even if they are not some "die hard" fans and mod makers. Do not have any/many other accounts "around the world" and understand that such platforms are taking people attention now ; in that sense, good luck to you and i really do think you (as creator and obviously eager to discuss game) need some "fresh blood" i.e. members for that...

regarding Brian's comment on "heat" (while it is true and i guess he knows what he is talking about as was on and off) i think heat is sometimes in head only, to humorise it - even in this micro forum i had "heat" with one member (on unimportant stuff) while I was "cool as ice" :) to be honest, technicalities and numbers on international forum turn me off, not hidding other interests but you are witness how much "luck" I have with that :lol ... this is fun paragraph, but really good luck and do wish new members to you, others and Luis (being "his" game)

"20 years" part was fun :)

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-07 14:55, Thursday

Thanks everyone for your words and thoughts. Highly appreciated :bow

At least i can start to create a map making tutorial and we'll see if we can turn Major Heinz into a map maker :lol :cool
Image Slava Ukraini!

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2021-01-07 17:28, Thursday

randowe wrote:
2021-01-07 14:55, Thursday
At least i can start to create a map making tutorial ....
:cool :banana :yes

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-08 04:16, Friday

randowe wrote:
2021-01-07 14:55, Thursday
At least i can start to create a map making tutorial
Okay lol, i could not sleep because one thing was stuck in my head: "clone stamp tool". I had a :idea moment when i realized that i can not create a map making tutorial because i don't even know if i would have to explain basic tools like the "clone stamp tool" or soft brush erasers and such. We don't even know what program people will use. My Photoshop is more than 10 years old and and i have no idea about modern-day GIMP. And GIMP is what people would use i assume.

Most importantly, i can not advice a newbie map maker to create a large collection of backgrounds or elements right from the start. But how should i explain where all my cut-out pieces come from? AND, you don't always need a clean background. You need to know when you need one. But that is something i can not explain.
At the moment i am working on 3 maps and two of them do not use any layers. Everything is merged into the backround layer. That is something i do out of experience. But in a tutorial i would tell it is a no-go :dunno
And i can not tell people that i take elements from this or that map file because when you start, you don't have any files.

There is also motivation. I don't think we can turn somebody into a map maker with the use of an simple tutorial. Maybe it sounds ridiculous, but when i made my first 2 maps, i already knew that one day in the future i would look back on a collection of 150 maps. Right from the start i knew i would make these 150 maps and now, 2 and half years later, i am on a good way... But that's not because of a tutorial or not.

So i came to the conclusion that my enthusiasm was "rushed into service" and "good dropped after trials" and that it is better, people ask for help when they need it, but a tutorial would not turn somebody into a map maker. Or maybe there is somebody out there who can create a good tutorial, (maybe with better english skills than me :lol) but i can't do it :bonk so i deleted the 3 posts i made. That was just some basic talk, but what about the "clone stamp tool"? ;) Now i'll talk about my efile in this thread :lol
Image Slava Ukraini!

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2021-01-08 09:05, Friday

Clemens
You started this map tutorial very well
You can always count on my help in this matter - but not my English
The program in which people will make the map - it doesn't matter
The tutorial should show important issues - options necessary to design a map
Tools are a secondary matter
You do not go to college - if you do not have completed primary school
"clone stamp tool" - can be used, but is it necessary?
Do not give up
You can also do it less obligingly - just show one by one how you are making the map ---> from start to finish, adding an explanation to it

Move / separate this topic from the ATOMIC EFILE topic

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-08 09:46, Friday

sympatyk wrote:
2021-01-08 09:05, Friday
The program in which people will make the map - it doesn't matter
This matters very much. For example, when i write a tutorial about writing and formating a business or scientific text in Word and you use OpenOffice, there are slight differences that will make a tutorial useless and drive everyone crazy.
I never used GIMP, i don't even know how it looks. So when i write about certain tools or effects people may can not replicate them.
sympatyk wrote:
"clone stamp tool" - can be used, but is it necessary?
The clone stamp tool is the most important tool! I use it all the time.
sympatyk wrote:
You can also do it less obligingly - just show one by one how you are making the map ---> from start to finish, adding an explanation to it
So when i show how i make a single map it takes me a very long time to write all the posts and at the end i don't even know if it has any relevance.
It would even take more time to create the tutorial than the map :bonk
If a user has never used Photoshop or GIMP and has not the slightest idea how to design a map, it would need a 1000 steps tutorial because i would have to explain every single tool or feature.
Image Slava Ukraini!

sympatyk
Major
Major

Post by sympatyk » 2021-01-08 11:27, Friday

I found a CD from 2005 PC WORLD KOMPUTER
I installed Photoshop - English only - 30 days trial version
I have never used this program before
I got it wrong - "clone stamp tool" :bonk
After 15 minutes - I recorded a video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DWSQnr ... sp=sharing

Want to give people a template?
First the basics -> you started very, very well

The programs are similar - Gimp, Photoshop - similar / identical symbols / buttons -> identical tools
That's why I was able to do something so quickly.

Duke Falcon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Duke Falcon » 2021-01-08 18:36, Friday

randowe wrote:
2021-01-06 13:31, Wednesday
Quo vadis Open General?

First i want to say sorry, but i had to write this rant. It's been growing for a long time and i can't hold it back anymore :lol
I also don't want to attack anybody. I am only angry about myself because i care to much about the game and community.
I always wished i would have joined the community in 2007 and not in 2017. I was 10 years to late. A pitty.

But most people from the near-death community won't care anyway. And that's also my main point.
The community is dead and i have to figure out how to emotionally disconnect and then good buy :howdy c'est la vie :dunno

I know we live in tough times but covid must have hit the turn-based-games-players more than any other people in the world.
Because all other forums i visit regularly have the same activit as always.

So will there be any future development of the game, efiles and campaigns?
Will there be anybody making maps? Are there active members of the community who are willing to contribute?

See the links and leader names and maps sections. I often wonder if there is a single active efile maker because it seems that nobody is doing any research. And if so, why are they not able to share some useful links?
And, let's be honest, it's not about some links, but about participation in a healthy community.
Nobody needs people secretly working on their own stuff but not taking part in anything. Than the forum would be empty. Like it is now. And i am not talking about sports stuff, Bundesliga, nonsense talk or youtube links... ;)

I don't need the answers for my questions, because - in fact - i already got them over time. No answer is an answer and no participation in a community is an answer too.

This is everything so frustrating. And again, i am only angry about myself because i care too much! I want to let go :bonk
I really wish i had the ability to turn away in one minute and never come back like so many people did.
But my brain does not work like this. Unfortunately. And i always think much too much and i notice every single detail (like participation i a forum) which add to my frustration.

I guess my next stop will be the "Adult fans of LEGO" community. When i see a forum with more than 1000 people online at the same time, i know, it will last for some years ;)

But first i'll finish the 10 maps i mentioned earlier :cool

(Nobody should feel obliged to reply. I guess the post is more for myself so i can write down my feelings and make the first step to emotionally disconnect. Or try at least :bonk :ihope )
Now, it took a while to read and can not help but agree with it in general albeit I have less forum experience than you.
Of course it made me thinking as well about certain things related to OG (or totally unrelated but those are a different topic)...
I were dragged by OG because of my love to PG2. But OG already - back those halcyon days - had so many possibilities! Not just endelss waves of WW2 E-files (the bulk were such of course) but WW1 and other eras to got a chance to be implemented on screen. And play of course and I not forgot how fun were play Guslik's campaigns, the WW1 e-file or SON e-file. Mostly because those were not WW2 related and that were the very same thing make me "secretly work on my own e-files"...
I agree with you about the lack of cooperation what is a certain factor and do have their own reasons namely and mostly the different aspects or viewpoints of different people. How else may create N+1 WW2 e-files when 1-2 would be more than enough? As much as I loved WW2 because of PG2 I got bored and even bothered by those. Do not get me wrong, I like Redrake's GWC and already locked your atomic blitz in my crosshair... Because GWC were long and your is "original" as a sci-fi\fantasy extented Blitzkrieg. The rest WW2 e-files? Meh, rarely switch to play them but the many similarities caused by the era and equipment not serve my taste anymore.
Another point is perhaps that people may want to play (or have no freetime as much as they used to) isntead of create. Me to. I mean I like to play lately instead to create and thus my own e-files are, uhm, "suck like a good slut" but such statements may rude and goes against the CoC...
I think what OG really needs and the community is this: Have a brake and just play with each others e-files and the common experiences may birth common ideas and common ideas may lead to co-op e-files... Or not but worth a try...

This were my sudden opinion. Mayhaps not worthy, perhaps way hasty and way to brazen from someone who did so little for such a great open platform.

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-09 10:23, Saturday

Thanks for your words Duke :howdy

I guess there are so many WW2 efiles simply because most people are interested in WW2. WW2 is also well documented.
And in my opinion one thing is very important when it comes to efiles. Icons!
When i started my efile i thought i could implement some Fallout-Mad-Max-Post-Nuclear-War-themed units. But there are no icons and i can't make them. There are no icons for a medieval or 30 year's war efile :dunno And we would need thousands of icons or everything would look the same. Even WW2 is missing thousands of icons.

If i had the money i would pay a army of iconmakers, that's for sure!

Do you remember Patrick Steinmann was working on a "Pike and Shot" efile at JP's? He posted some screenshoots from polish winged hussars or pikemen or even flamboyant pirates. But he disappeared and his efile never got released.

Again i want to thank everyone for expressing your opinions :bow

After all the exitment of the last days i'll go back to my WW2 efile now :lol I started working on the extended ATOMIC Blitzkrieg campaign and i am at the 6th scenario now, the new Weserübung/Copenhagen scenario. It is more tricky than i thought because i want to keep the core size similar to the standard version of the campaign and i have to reduce the prestige in every scenario a little bit. But there is also a chance for more protos simply because there are more scenarios...
I even added a "Free City of Danzig" nation to the efile, so i can use the flag in the Westerplatte/Gdansk scenario for a little more historical accuracy. You can see the flag in the first post. It's the red one in second to last position right before the one with the Japanese signs.

Maybe i'll join mythos in playing Jagged Alliance 2. If i find the time :ihope We'll see.
Nice weekend everyone :howdy
Image Slava Ukraini!

hoza
Kadet
Kadet

Post by hoza » 2021-01-09 14:48, Saturday

There are no icons for a medieval or 30 year's war efile :dunno. Well there are some ancient icons in Marks AG which comes with the OG download. :grumpy

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-10 20:23, Sunday

hoza wrote:
2021-01-09 14:48, Saturday
There are no icons for a medieval or 30 year's war efile :dunno. Well there are some ancient icons in Marks AG which comes with the OG download. :grumpy
Yeah, i know the antique icons :yes But they are not fitting for the french knights or english longbowmen i had in mind.
I am pretty sure nobody will ever design such a efile and since Patrick Steinmann is gone we won't get to see his "Pike and Shot" efile either.

Anyway, i'll stick to WW2 respectively the time frame from 1918 -1959 :cool
Image Slava Ukraini!

Ale
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Ale » 2021-01-10 20:55, Sunday

randowe wrote:...french knights or english longbowmen...
yeah i gave up idea definitely... in any way i have some 5-6 icons representing black knights of Lazarević family (only historical source ever by Greeks and Timur's Mongols mentioned few 1000s of black armoured knights), imperial guard from XIV, Serbian 'hoplites' (mentioned by Greeks in XII c) and similar national stuff but only as scetches and unfinished works. Feel free to noticecontact me in need of adding them to your future medieval file anyone but you'll need at least 1000s of other icons :lol simply work is too much and playing satisfaction too low, there are more appropriate games outhere for such subjects (as i'm campaign player only and there would be no upgrade even if camp is made). Used chance to mention here, if someone ever needs help about such topics - if alive by then :)

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-19 00:42, Tuesday

Finaly i put the path of the BIG BLITZ campaign together. There are 60 scenarios, 22 are are new, respectively added to the ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG campaign.
Balancing the old scenarios will we tricky in the later part of the campaign, expecially when there will be 3 new scenarios in a row.
Winter Storm and Thermopylae will get new big maps. I am also thinking about the first Tobruk. Its rather short and can be won in 4 turns... Maybe i have to lengthen that scenario.

In the ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG the player can kill around 3000 enemy units and in the new big campaign there will be approx 4500 enemies :uzi
should be enough for a new :monster world record :lol

At the moment i am playtesting the Thermopylae scenario, so it is still a long way to go :yes

1938-46 ATOMIC BIG BLITZ

Scenario                     Date            Map

0 Mallorca			Aug 16, 1938	1479.png
 1 Madrid Offensive		Oct 23, 1938	21.png
 2 Westerplatte			Sep  1, 1939	1341.png
 3 Ciechanow			Sep  5, 1939	12.png
 4 Warsaw			Sep 20, 1939	349.png
 5 Operation Weserübung		Apr  9, 1940	1384.png
 6 Narvik			Apr  9, 1940	1366.png
 7 Sedan			May 13, 1940	22.png
 8 Ostende			May 26, 1940	1442.png
 9 Race to Dunkirk		May 27, 1940	1229.png
10 Operation Sonnenblume	Mar 10, 1941	1461.png
11 Tobruk			Apr  8, 1941	16.png
12 Thermopylae			Apr 24, 1941	1535.png
13 Crete			May 20, 1941	1469.png
14 Malta			May 26, 1941	1470.png
15 Kishinev			Jul  9, 1941	20.png
16 Siege of Odessa		Aug  5, 1941	1498.png
17 Southern Front		Aug  7, 1941	29.png
18 Demyansk			Aug 15, 1941	1039.png
19 Viazma			Sep 15, 1941	741.png
20 Rostov I			Oct 15, 1941	1365.png
21 Breakthrough at Perekop	Oct 21, 1941	1525.png
22 Rostov II			Nov 22, 1941	1075.png
23 Sevastopol			Jun  7, 1942	NEW
24 Fall Blau (Shchigry)		Jun 28, 1942	1474.png
25 Voronesh			Jul  1, 1942	952.png
26 Stalingrad			Jul 29, 1942	41.png
27 Taman-Peninsula		Aug  9, 1942	1448
28 Tuapse/Maykop		Aug 13, 1942	NEW
29 Baku				Aug 18, 1942	NEW
30 Viipuri			Sep 12, 1942	23.png
31 Arkhangelsk			Oct  3, 1942	1398
32 Winter Storm			Dec 12, 1942	NEW
33 Tunisia Counterattack	Mar  1, 1943	1057.png
34 Tobruk '43			Mar 14, 1943	1531.jpg
35 Race to Sidi Barrani		Mar 16, 1943	1530.jpg
36 El Alamein			Mar 26, 1943	1148
37 Siwa Oasis			Apr  2, 1943	1486
38 Alexandria			Apr  5, 1943	1473.png
39 Port Said			Apr  9, 1943	1058
40 Zitadelle			Jul  5, 1943	0.png
41 Steppe Blitz			Jul  8, 1943	1529.png
42 Demyansk '43			Oct  1, 1943	1039.png
43 Leningrad			Dec  1, 1943	935.png
44 Moscow			Mar 31, 1944	67.jpg
45 Drive to the Sea		Jun  6, 1944	1508.png
46 St. Lo Counterattack		Jul 25, 1944	18.png
47 Cherbourg			Aug 22, 1944	1509.png
48 Battle of Berlin		Sep 26, 1944	1475.png
49 Operation Konrad		Nov 15, 1944	340.jpg
50 Jassy-Kishinev Operation	Mar 15, 1945	1499.png
51 Invasion!			May 10, 1945	1536.png
52 London			Jun  1, 1945	1477.png
53 Fall Grün (Cork)		Sep 12, 1945	1484
54 Dublin			Sep 23, 1945	1485
55 Long Island			Jun  7, 1946	731.png
56 New York, New York!		Jul  2, 1946	732.png
57 Brunswick			Jul 16, 1946	1460
58 French Antilles		Aug 11, 1946	1400
59 Aloha Pearl Habor		Oct 12, 1946	1372.png
Image Slava Ukraini!

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-26 13:54, Tuesday

So here is just a little teaser of the Atomic Big Blitz campaign i am currently working on (See previous post for the campaign path).
I think, after i have built the whole campaign and all scenarios are done some day in the future, i'll need to do two playtests this time. Somehow i am a little bit confused by the prestige management :lol I want to the core to have roughly the same size and value than in the Atmoic Blitzkrieg campaign, so i have to reduce the prestige in the old scenarios and don't hand out to much in the new ones. But more scenarios mean also more prototypes.
The campaign is set up with reduced expereince gain, so the exp would not rise into the sky after 60 scenarios. That also helps to incorporate the existing scenarios.

At the moment i am also working on two new maps that are almost done. Next map will be a new Sevastopol map with railroads, so i can set up the 80cm Gustav (Dora) railroad gun in the Sevastopol scenario (and all the other big guns... :evil ) That will be fun and i am really looking forward to that scenario.

OpenGen 0.93.3.99.RC15 * 4 Dec 2020  *  AI version: 2.00 (2014)
Efile folder: C:\Games\OpenGeneral\efile_atomic\  * Efile version: ATOMIC EFILE Version: 1st January 2021
Campaign: 1938-46 ATOMIC BIG BLITZ,  *  Player prestige modifier 100%  *  AI prestige modifier 100%

Played Scenarios:
 1   Mallorca , #0 , Brilliant Victory , score:52  +++  Proto: Sd.Kfz. 251/2
 2   Madrid Offensive , #1 , Brilliant Victory , score:54
 3   Westerplatte , #2 , Brilliant Victory , score:54
 4   Ciechanow , #3 , Brilliant Victory , score:51  +++  Proto: Fallschirmpioniere 40
 5   Warsaw , #4 , Brilliant Victory , score:55
 6   Operation Weserübung , #5 , Victory , score:35
 7   Narvik , #6 , Victory , score:35
 8   Sedan , #7 , Brilliant Victory , score:55  +++  Proto: Bf 109F-4/R3
 9   Ostende , #8 , Victory , score:35
10   Race to Dunkirk , #9 , Brilliant Victory , score:55
11   Unternehmen Sonnenblume , #10 , Brilliant Victory , score:55
12   Tobruk , #11 , Brilliant Victory , score:59  +++  Proto: Bf 110G-2
13   Thermopylae , #12 , Brilliant Victory , score:55
14   Crete , #13 , Brilliant Victory , score:55
15   Malta , #14 , Brilliant Victory , score:54  +++  Proto: Sturmpanzer II
16   Kishinev , #15 , Brilliant Victory , score:55
17   Siege of Odessa , #16 , Brilliant Victory , score:55
--
Campaign score: 869  *  Average: 51

Current scenario: Siege of Odessa,  VH prestige is 340 ,  All map prestige is: 900
Army cost: 18321 , Current prestige is 1153
Prestige available on map yet is 160 pp ( 0 pp in VH to capture) * Turn: 18
AI stance is Defensive   Using map: 1498
if BV: +500, Southern Front , cap disabled, 18 turns prestige: 360
if V : +500, Southern Front , cap disabled, 22 turns prestige: 440
if TV: +500, Southern Front , cap disabled, 26 turns prestige: 520
Ls: Loss , turn prestige: 520

Infantry
 Infanterie (mot) 40 , Opel Blitz 3t ,  , 4 bars , 422 exp , Germany , 4/10 , 21 kill , 252 pp - U:004  [+5 exp]
 Infanterie (mot) 40 , Opel Blitz 3t ,  , 4 bars , 419 exp , Germany , 3/10 , Mountain Training  , 22 kill , 252 pp - U:005  [+19 exp]
 Sturmpioniere 40 , Opel Blitz 3t ,  , 5 bars , 500 exp , Germany , 7/10 , Mountain Training  , 28 kill , 396 pp - U:010  [+29 exp]
 Sturmpioniere 40 , Opel Blitz 3t ,  , 4 bars , 426 exp , Germany , 4/10 , 22 kill , 396 pp - U:012  [+60 exp]
+  Fallschirmpioniere 40 , Sd.Kfz. 2 ,  , 4 bars , 412 exp , Germany , 3/10 , 18 kill , 0 pp - U:014  [+33 exp]
 Kradschützen 40 ,  , 3 bars , 378 exp , Germany , 2/10 , Infiltration Tactics  , 23 kill , 204 pp - U:016  [+38 exp]
 Brückenpioniere 40 , Opel Blitz 3t ,  , 4 bars , 423 exp , Germany , 5/10 , 12 kill , 240 pp - U:018  [+30 exp]
 Fallschirmjäger 40 , Sd.Kfz. 2 ,  , 3 bars , 305 exp , Germany , 6/10 , 5 kill , 456 pp - U:029  [+36 exp]

Tank  
 PzKpfw IID ,  , 5 bars , 578 exp , Germany , 9/10 , 49 kill , 240 pp - U:001  [+13 exp]
 PzKpfw IVC ,  , 5 bars , 534 exp , Germany , 8/10 , 53 kill , 384 pp - U:011  [+19 exp]
 PzKpfw 38(t) A ,  , 5 bars , 529 exp , Germany , 4/10 , Infiltration Tactics  , 28 kill , 312 pp - U:023  [+22 exp]
 PzKpfw IIIH ,  , 2 bars , 236 exp , Germany , 10/10 , 10 kill , 372 pp - U:030  [+57 exp]
 PzKpfw IIIH ,  , 1 bars , 131 exp , Germany , 10/10 , 6 kill , 372 pp - U:034  [+56 exp]
 PzKpfw 756(r) ,  , 1 bars , 157 exp , Germany , 6/10 , 6 kill , 792 pp - U:294  [+82 exp]

Recon
 Sd.Kfz. 250/3 (HQ 40) ,  , 4 bars , 449 exp , Germany , 8/10 , 12 kill , 840 pp - U:002  [+15 exp]
 Sd.Kfz. 250/3 (HQ 40) ,  , 3 bars , 312 exp , Germany , 7/10 , 10 kill , 840 pp - U:026  [+35 exp]

Flak
 Sd.Kfz. 7/1 ,  , 5 bars , 514 exp , Germany , 7/10 , 24 kill , 396 pp - U:006  [+14 exp]

Artillery
 105mm leFH18 , Opel Blitz 3t ,  , 5 bars , 523 exp , Germany , 7/10 , 9 kill , 336 pp - U:003  [+17 exp]
+  Sd.Kfz. 251/2 ,  , 5 bars , 568 exp , Germany , 10/10 , Fire Discipline  , 8 kill , 0 pp - U:007  [+34 exp]
 240mm K3 , Sd.Kfz. 9 ,  , 5 bars , 541 exp , Germany , 10/10 , Influence  , 14 kill , 2556 pp - U:009  [+13 exp]
 100mm Nebelwerfer 35 , Opel Blitz 1,5t ,  , 5 bars , 744 exp , Germany , 10/10 , Overwhelming Attack  , 25 kill , 324 pp - U:015  [+68 exp]
 88mm AT/ATY , Opel Blitz 5t ,  , 3 bars , 399 exp , Germany , 10/10 , Devastating Fire  , 22 kill , 528 pp - U:022  [+83 exp]
 150mm sFH18 , Mercedes-Benz L4500 A ,  , 2 bars , 260 exp , Germany , 8/10 , 5 kill , 912 pp - U:027  [+80 exp]
 100mm Nebelwerfer 35 , Opel Blitz 1,5t ,  , 2 bars , 241 exp , Germany , 10/10 , 2 kill , 324 pp - U:031  [+87 exp]
+  Sturmpanzer II ,  , 1 bars , 141 exp , Germany , 9/10 , 4 kill , 0 pp - U:033  [+50 exp]

Air-Defence
 Sd.Kfz. 9 mit 88mm Flak 18 ,  , 5 bars , 505 exp , Germany , 10/10 , Determined Defense  , 22 kill , 756 pp - U:017  [+49 exp]
 Sd.Kfz. 9 mit 88mm Flak 18 ,  , 0 bars , 75 exp , Germany , 10/10 , 0 kill , 756 pp - U:293

Fighter
 Bf 110C-4 ,  , 5 bars , 579 exp , Germany , 6/10 , Skilled Reconnaissance  , 20 kill , 672 pp - U:013  [+26 exp]
 Bf 109E-3 ,  , 4 bars , 478 exp , Germany , 5/10 , Reconnaissance Movement  , Air Defense, Recon, 14 kill , 954 pp - U:020  [+19 exp]
 Bf 109E-3 ,  , 4 bars , 452 exp , Germany , 8/10 , Skilled Ground Attack  , Air Defense, 20 kill , 795 pp - U:021  [+50 exp]
+  Bf 109F-4/R3 ,  , 4 bars , 455 exp , Germany , 8/10 , Determined Defense  , Air Defense, Recon, 19 kill , 0 pp - U:024  [+35 exp]
 Bf 109F-4 ,  , 2 bars , 239 exp , Germany , 8/10 , Air Defense, 3 kill , 855 pp - U:032  [+99 exp]

Dive Bomber
 Ju 87B-2 ,  , 5 bars , 718 exp , Germany , 3/10 , Reconnaissance Movement  , 16 kill , 552 pp - U:008  [+30 exp]
 Ju 88A-1 ,  , 5 bars , 519 exp , Germany , 1/10 , Skilled Ground Attack  , 17 kill , 792 pp - U:019  [+40 exp]
 Do 17P-1 ,  , 0 bars , 78 exp , Germany , 10/10 , Recon, 0 kill , 465 pp - U:025
+  Bf 110G-2 ,  , 3 bars , 360 exp , Germany , 6/10 , 10 kill , 0 pp - U:028  [+48 exp]

Player 1 : Germany, Romania
Killed: INF:262  TNK:39   RCN:33   AT:35   FLAK:30   FORT:52   ATY:108  AD:32   FTR:41   TB:26   SUB:2    DD:10   BS:16   CV:1      Total: 687
Lost  : INF:25   TNK:1    RCN:2    FLAK:2    ATY:1    FTR:1    TB:1    SUB:2    DD:4    BS:1      Total: 40

BV 14
V   3
TV  0
L   0

Averages: 
Infantry       *   8 Units *  3 Leaders      Total :   3285 exp,    151 kill,   2196 pp    Average:    411 exp,     19 kill,    275 pp
Tank           *   6 Units *  1 Leaders      Total :   2165 exp,    152 kill,   2472 pp    Average:    361 exp,     25 kill,    412 pp
Recon          *   2 Units *  0 Leaders      Total :    761 exp,     22 kill,   1680 pp    Average:    381 exp,     11 kill,    840 pp
Flak           *   1 Units *  0 Leaders      Total :    514 exp,     24 kill,    396 pp    Average:    514 exp,     24 kill,    396 pp
Artillery      *   8 Units *  4 Leaders      Total :   3417 exp,     89 kill,   4980 pp    Average:    427 exp,     11 kill,    623 pp
Air-Defence    *   2 Units *  1 Leaders      Total :    580 exp,     22 kill,   1512 pp    Average:    290 exp,     11 kill,    756 pp
Fighter        *   5 Units *  4 Leaders      Total :   2203 exp,     76 kill,   3276 pp    Average:    441 exp,     15 kill,    655 pp
Dive Bomber    *   4 Units *  2 Leaders      Total :   1675 exp,     43 kill,   1809 pp    Average:    419 exp,     11 kill,    452 pp
* Summary:     *  36 Units * 15 Leaders      Total :  14600 exp,    579 kill,  18321 pp    Average:    406 exp,     16 kill,    509 pp
Image Slava Ukraini!

Dimitris GR
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Dimitris GR » 2021-01-28 08:31, Thursday

Firsts of all, congratulations!!!!
A played the " FORWARD, COMRADE " and the " LEGIONE DI COMBATTIMENTO NAVALE " campaigns.
The big maps ar amazing!!!
Now I want to play the " ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG "
My english are bad, so I can't understand this: The campaign is ready with 38 scenarios and you planning to make it with 60 scenarios?

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-28 13:53, Thursday

Dimitris GR wrote:
2021-01-28 08:31, Thursday
Firsts of all, congratulations!!!!
A played the " FORWARD, COMRADE " and the " LEGIONE DI COMBATTIMENTO NAVALE " campaigns.
The big maps ar amazing!!!
Now I want to play the " ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG "
My english are bad, so I can't understand this: The campaign is ready with 38 scenarios and you planning to make it with 60 scenarios?
:howdy Yes, there will be 2 campaigns, one with 38 scenarios and one with 60 scenarios.

I'm glad you like efile and campaigns so far. The ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG campaign is the Blitzkrieg campaign converted to the ATOMIC efile and modifid. It has 38 scenarios and just one path instead of two and there are many new scenarios and maps. This campaign is finished. I am waiting for the icons file to be updated, so i can add my new icons from last year to the efile and then a new version of the efile, containing the ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG campaign, will be released. Here is my playtest of this campaign: viewtopic.php?p=6592#p6592

The ATOMIC BIG BLITZ campaign is the ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG campaign but with another 22 scenarios added, so overall there will be 60 scenarios. I also changed the maps of few existing scenarios, so there will be many of my big maps. Roughly 1/3 of this campaign is done.
Image Slava Ukraini!

Dimitris GR
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Dimitris GR » 2021-01-28 15:25, Thursday

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
I can't wait to play both of them.
But for the " ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG ", when you think the new efile will be ready?

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-01-28 18:58, Thursday

Dimitris GR wrote:
2021-01-28 15:25, Thursday
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
I can't wait to play both of them.
But for the " ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG ", when you think the new efile will be ready?
I have no idea :dunno It depends on the icons. I don't want to have to many "offical" efile versions floating around so i'll wait for the icons update as i've said.

Anyway, if you don't want to wait, i can mail the newest version of the efile + ATOMIC BLITZKIREG campaign. Just send me a private message with your email address :howdy
Image Slava Ukraini!

Dimitris GR
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Dimitris GR » 2021-02-02 20:05, Tuesday

I ve just started to play the " ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG ".
The Warsaw scenario I reloaded 3 times. :dunno :dunno :dunno
(I hate when the aux takes a leader)
randowe, thanks again!!!!

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-02-02 20:51, Tuesday

Dimitris GR wrote:
2021-02-02 20:05, Tuesday
I ve just started to play the " ATOMIC BLITZKRIEG ".
The Warsaw scenario I reloaded 3 times. :dunno :dunno :dunno
(I hate when the aux takes a leader)
randowe, thanks again!!!!
So you just reloaded because the aux unit got a leader, not because of an other issue?

Have fun :cool :howdy
Image Slava Ukraini!

stanton
Private
Private

Post by stanton » 2021-02-12 01:57, Friday

yesterday @randowe sends me his new campaign -atomic blitzkrieg- :cool

many thanks

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-02-12 15:21, Friday

stanton wrote:
2021-02-12 01:57, Friday
yesterday @randowe sends me his new campaign -atomic blitzkrieg- :cool

many thanks
You are welcome :howdy

@ Everyone who received the Blitzkrieg campaign, please feel free to post your halfway/final core army (AAR) here, so i can see which units you use or if you have some feedback, I'd like to hear that :yes
Image Slava Ukraini!

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-02-28 13:51, Sunday

:howdy Just to give some news:

So, while i am nearly finished with my 3rd complete run of the ATOMIC Blitzkrieg campaign i plan to release a new version of the efile in April.

But first i want to rework the "Legione..." campaign, so the player will be able to buy units, according to what Urica mentioned when he played the campaign.
I mean, i can still restrict myself to special rules when playing a campaign but i came to the conclusion that it is not possible for players to understand what fancy ideas i had in my mind and they will just see the limited options in a campaign. So i will also change my approach on future campaigns accordingly.
Then i will take the chance and play the "Allied invasion of Italy" again, just to see if everything is still allright :lol

Then i want to get done with map making by the end of April and then take a long break from map making until winter. There are 6 maps on the list for now and i really hope i can finish them by theend of April :ihope
For the rest of the year i want to concentrate on campaign making. First there will be the Big Blitz campaign, which i mentioned in an earlier post. It's basically the ATOMIC Blitz + 22 new scenarios and some old ones (Viipuri, Winter Storm) on new and bigger maps.

In the second half of the year i want to create some kind of Naval Blitz campaign where i take as many of the existing scenarios from the afoementioned campaigns and add new ones when possible. The difference will be that the player will have to build a strong navy with all kinds of ships (and carriers too). Except one, there will be only big maps with the size of 3150x3000 pixel (and more or less ocean) for naval action :cool

Because i mentioned it in an other thread, here is - just for fun - a list with the 15 biggest countries of the efile:

1..Germany.....934
2..USSR........699
3..UK..........697
4..USA.........683
5..Japan.......517
6..France......493
7..Italy.......471
8..Poland......356
9..Canada......246
10.Romania.....209
11.Nat.Spain...201
12.Sweden......198
13.Australia...193
14.Rep.China...183
15.Finland.....170
The USSR would be bigger but they got their very early units outsourced to "Red Russia".

I also kept Sweden quite big and i tried to have a complete 1940 - 1959 inventory for some kind of potential WW2 or Cold War USSR invades Sweden campaign. But the maps... you know they are lacking and i am not gonna make them :lol

[EDIT: Japan +3 units, Sweden +1, Germany +3, USSR +4]
Last edited by randowe on 2021-03-07 00:31, Sunday, edited 1 time in total.
Image Slava Ukraini!

Dimitris GR
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Dimitris GR » 2021-03-05 19:51, Friday

One more time, a big THANK YOU.
I finished the ATOMIC BLITZ, and I really enjoy!!!!
I was cheat just for proto (reload many times :idea )
I will play it again with rules.
Some thoughts:
I think that the 15 leaders limit is not realistic.
If a unit deserves it, must get a leader.
Also the random abillity of a leader could be (may its not possible) more specific. e.g. if a unit fight in mountain, takes a montain leader abillity, near a city engineer, a river bridge, etc....

I can't wait the BIG BLITZ!!!!!!!

randowe
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by randowe » 2021-03-05 20:06, Friday

Dimitris GR wrote:
2021-03-05 19:51, Friday
One more time, a big THANK YOU.
I finished the ATOMIC BLITZ, and I really enjoy!!!!
I was cheat just for proto (reload many times :idea )
I will play it again with rules.
Some thoughts:
I think that the 15 leaders limit is not realistic.
If a unit deserves it, must get a leader.
Also the random abillity of a leader could be (may its not possible) more specific. e.g. if a unit fight in mountain, takes a montain leader abillity, near a city engineer, a river bridge, etc....

I can't wait the BIG BLITZ!!!!!!!
I am glad you enjoyed the campaign :cool Maybe you can post the AAR from Pearl Harbor in this thread, so i can see the composition of your core army.
BIG BLITZ will take some time before it is finished... some months maybe... i have round about 20 scenarios out of 60 scenarios finished :lol

Yeah, i sometimes wish there would be 20 or 25 or so leader slots available for bigger/longer campaigns, but the number of leaders is determind from PG2, as is the randomness of leader abilities. But yeah, that should not stop us from playing :cool Have fun :howdy
Image Slava Ukraini!