12) Cegléd ~~ held 7 VHs (BV)
Played yesterday, so probably a bit inaccurate.
PzManiacs (construction) Entrench attachment
AD for PzManiac
Forward Observer for all infantry (except PzManiac, Thomsen (engineer) and Luis (HQ))
both recon cars to 40M Csaba HQ
Para (infantry) to 44 regular
brought both Flaks to 13
all 150mm arty to 12
1 point forWonderdoc's squadron
Prestige taken into scenario
Bought during scenario
200-220pp refit for infantry
I just read Csaba's strategy - funny, i had a very similar plan
(the differences come from AI behaviour, core composition and me not knowing the scenario - i.e. i was expecting the brunt of the enemy's attack in the north)
Weather and air war
Only one sunny turn (iirc turn 2), the rest was overcast until it started to rain in turn 5.
Mud in turn 7. Sunny in turn 8 (afair, it remained sunny, but i didn't really pay attention, since the air war was over in turn 10), dry in turn 9.
Because of the weather, neither side risked much. My air force was operating in the southwest - the enemy hid, only in turn 3-to-4 there was a bit of action, since an adventurous enemy fighter wanted to attack the rear of the mountain division (but was stopped by an AD-trap).
In turn 8 the air became hot, when all of the enemy's air forces launched a concentrated attack on Kunszentmiklós - they could be shot down in turns 9 and 10.
Deployment and early strategy
PzManiac rushed back to the defense line of Budapest (Gyömrö), in case something would sneak past my troops (he started returning to the front in turn 5).
The mountain division, supported by some minor core elements and almost all northern auxes (available at scen start) formed a line at the forests south of Dabas-Hernád.
Paqueo and my hungarian armour (starting in the western deploy zone) rushed down to Kunszentmiklós in the southwest.
The remainder of the core started in the eastern deploy zone (with Urica's recon cars and all 150mm arty at the front for some sniping, if possible - it was, gaining the 150mm guns their 5th xp bar) and quickly moved to Pilis, using the hills and hinterlands as the entrench area.
Once the core had moved out (still in turn 1), an aux infantry defended Cegléd to delay the enemy a bit (and lure the AI, if it had no spotting), while the aux mountain engineer moved to Ceglédbercel (same idea - soon proved to be not necessary).
Aux reinforcements helped in the north.
The idea was to let the enemy expend his momentum against prepared arty defenses - worked quite well in the end, but i was a bit worried in between, especially when the airfield (30,6) was lost in turn 4 (could be immedeately retaken - the worry was not needed, as this was the farthest north that the enemy reached) and considering that i confused the enemy's line of advance.
Later - north
Beginning in turn 4 it seemed that the enemy's momentum was spend and in turn it was almost gone. Aircraft scouted the area and indeed found nothing left except for far-away artillery
? at once i divided the core units of the northern group roughly into a 2/3 and 1/3 size, with the larger group heading down to Dabas and the rest (including the aux reinforces) starting the counter attack on Cegléd.
The battle was really sick, i suppose that parts of the AI units that should have attacked in the north operated here (surely supported by even more reinforcements from the south).
Artillery, aux tanks and Csaba could keep the enemy armour at bay, but it was not very pleasant. The peak of the battle was in turns 5-to-7, with an aux Pz IV H destroyed (turn 5) and Doug ending up with only 2 SP left
(you can surely imagine what happened when an aux unit discovered the replacement trigger
With the additional arty (and a second HQ) from the northern group, as well as the Panther from the western group sneaking past the enemy lines and starting to bite the enemy's artillery, the battle could finally be turned in our favour.
Was rather relaxed. The initial attack was stopped dead with the help of air force (i was seriously dreaming of a relieve attack from this group towards Dabas or a counter towards the south in turn 2-3
). The later attacks could be contained thanks to weather and the nearby river.
With the supporting units in the center being able to split againg (the Panther and Csaba rushed down to Kunszentmiklós, since during the rain period aircraft discovered something funky), clear weather for the airforce and dry ground, the battle was quickly turning to our favour. The only fancy maneuvers in the last couple of turns consisted of my expectation, that there wouldn't be enemies sitting on the small flags around the map (not 100% accurate, but there was no SP loss - have i mentioned already that a recon plane would be godlike to have ?
) so that i mindlessly send infantry to capture them - the only exceptions were in the far southwest (where hungarian armour and Paqueo had not much to do, so they spotted their path) and center (overflow of units).
Code: Select all
Current scenario: HRA Cegléd (Attila-line), VH prestige is 64 , All map prestige is: 672
Army cost: 1422 , Current prestige is 833
Prestige available on map yet is 0 pp ( 0 pp in VH to capture) * Turn: 15
AI stance is Aggressive
if BV: +1300, HRA Operation Konrad III. , cap 3600, 14 turns prestige: 374
if V : +1100, HRA Operation Konrad III. , cap 3600, 14 turns prestige: 374
if TV: +1000, HRA Operation Konrad III. , cap 3600, 14 turns prestige: 374
if Ls: +950, HRA Operation Konrad III. , cap 3600, 14 turns prestige: 374
* 44 Regular Infantry , 38M Ford Marmon , Gren ** , 4 bars , 446 exp , 10/10 , Forward Observer, FastEntrench, 13 kill , 0 pp [+37 exp]
* Mountain Infantry , Mtn ** , 4 bars , 480 exp , 9/10 , Forward Observer, FastEntrench, 21 kill , 0 pp [+33 exp]
* 44 Regular Infantry , 38M Ford Marmon , Gren ** , 4 bars , 474 exp , 10/10 , Forward Observer, FastEntrench, 12 kill , 0 pp [+24 exp]
* 44 Regular Infantry , 38M Ford Marmon , Gren ** +1 Cpt Para , 5 bars , 557 exp , 8/10 , Aggressive Maneuver , Forward Observer, FastEntrench, 16 kill , 0 pp [+61 exp]
* Construction , 38M Ford Marmon , Bridge ** aggro Cpt PzManiac , 4 bars , 446 exp , 10/10 , Aggressive Attack , Air Defense, 16 kill , 0 pp [+6 exp]
* Combat Command , 43M Lehel , HQ ** def Cpt Luis , 5 bars , 539 exp , 13/10 , Resilience , FastEntrench, 11 kill , 0 pp [+3 exp]
* Mountain Infantry , Mtn ** L Cpt MG , 5 bars , 508 exp , 9/10 , Shock Tactics , Forward Observer, FastEntrench, 16 kill , 0 pp [+102 exp]
* Engineer , 38M Ford Marmon , Eng ** sneak Cpt Thomsen , 4 bars , 489 exp , 9/10 , Superior Maneuver , FastEntrench, 14 kill , 0 pp [+32 exp]
* Pz IVH , Tk ** ctrl Cpt Doug , 5 bars , 931 exp , 10/10 , Overwatch , AntiTank, FastEntrench, 109 kill , 0 pp [+167 exp]
* 43M Turán III , Tk ** , 5 bars , 503 exp , 9/10 , AntiTank, FastEntrench, 50 kill , 0 pp [+112 exp]
* 40M Csaba CC , Rcn ** def Cpt Urica , 4 bars , 425 exp , 10/10 , Determined Defense , Recon, FastEntrench, 12 kill , 0 pp
40M Csaba CC , Rcn aggro Cpt Paqueo , 4 bars , 421 exp , 9/10 , Aggressive Attack , Recon, FastEntrench, 13 kill , 287 pp [+18 exp]
* StuG IIIG , AT ** ninja Cpt Csaba , 5 bars , 569 exp , 11/10 , Infiltration Tactics , AntiTank, FastEntrench, 16 kill , 0 pp [+107 exp]
44M Zrinyi I , AT , 5 bars , 630 exp , 9/10 , AntiTank, FastEntrench, 13 kill , 790 pp [+140 exp]
* 40M Nimród , Flak ** owa Cpt David , 5 bars , 803 exp , 13/10 , Overwhelming Attack , FastEntrench, Special Munition, 17 kill , 0 pp [+118 exp]
* 40M Nimród , Flak ** cheap Cpt Björn , 5 bars , 661 exp , 13/10 , Influence , FastEntrench, Special Munition, 11 kill , 0 pp [+44 exp]
* 150mm 31M , 37M Hansa-Lloyd , Arty ** cheap Cpt Patrick , 5 bars , 564 exp , 12/10 , Influence , Support, 6 kill , 0 pp [+66 exp]
* 150mm 31M , 37M Hansa-Lloyd , Arty ** B Cpt Daerandir , 5 bars , 531 exp , 12/10 , Bridging , Support, 6 kill , 0 pp [+31 exp]
* 150mm 31M , 37M Hansa-Lloyd , Arty ** , 5 bars , 570 exp , 12/10 , Support, 7 kill , 0 pp [+72 exp]
100mm 14M , Mule , Mtn Gun , 4 bars , 498 exp , 8/10 , 4 kill , 153 pp [+75 exp]
100mm 14M , Mule , Mtn Gun , 4 bars , 495 exp , 10/10 , 3 kill , 192 pp [+33 exp]
* Bf 109F-4 , Ftr ** L Cpt Wonderdoc , 5 bars , 866 exp , 11/10 , Shock Tactics , Air Defense, Special Munition, 29 kill , 0 pp [+86 exp]
* Me 210A-2 , CAS ** F aggro Cpt Blitzstoper , 5 bars , 918 exp , 10/10 , Aggressive Attack , Air Defense, Special Munition, 17 kill , 0 pp [+76 exp]
Player 1 : Hungary
Killed: INF:222 TNK:58 RCN:32 AT:63 FLAK:52 FORT:26 ATY:83 AD:10 FTR:31 TB:17 LB:1 Total: 595
Lost : INF:29 TNK:4 RCN:3 AT:3 FLAK:1 FORT:1 ATY:3 AD:1 Total: 45
Infantry * 8 Units * 5 Leaders Total : 3939 exp, 119 kill, 0 pp Average: 492 exp, 15 kill, 0 pp
Tank * 2 Units * 1 Leaders Total : 1434 exp, 159 kill, 0 pp Average: 717 exp, 80 kill, 0 pp
Recon * 2 Units * 2 Leaders Total : 846 exp, 25 kill, 287 pp Average: 423 exp, 13 kill, 144 pp
Anti-tank * 2 Units * 1 Leaders Total : 1199 exp, 29 kill, 790 pp Average: 600 exp, 15 kill, 395 pp
FlaK * 2 Units * 2 Leaders Total : 1464 exp, 28 kill, 0 pp Average: 732 exp, 14 kill, 0 pp
Artillery * 5 Units * 2 Leaders Total : 2658 exp, 26 kill, 345 pp Average: 532 exp, 5 kill, 69 pp
Fighter * 1 Units * 1 Leaders Total : 866 exp, 29 kill, 0 pp Average: 866 exp, 29 kill, 0 pp
Tactical Bomber * 1 Units * 1 Leaders Total : 918 exp, 17 kill, 0 pp Average: 918 exp, 17 kill, 0 pp
* Summary: * 23 Units * 15 Leaders Total : 13324 exp, 432 kill, 1422 pp Average: 579 exp, 19 kill, 62 p